played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 20:05:00 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

between the two of them, camille considered herself the confident, witty one. henry was easy to tease - he always had been, ever since they were kids - and she'd always been quick to dish it out.

[break][break] but there was something about the way he looked at her then - that slow, easy smile curving against his mouth that made her cheeks dapple pink.

[break][break] she was glad for the reprieve when he gave it, standing up and brushing the back of her hand against her cheek. "yeah, sure. what do you have? lemonade? juice?"

[break][break] the archeologist's daughter stepped around him and deeper into the room, staring out at the space. it looked so familiar and yet so different.

[break][break] hands twisting behind her back, she turned to look at him with a smile.

[break][break] "where's mom and dad? or do you just have this place all to yourself?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-eevee"]

[newclass=".cami3"]--accent:#E2B1B1; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote b, .cami3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .cami3 blockquote b { font:bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 21px 11px 1px [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 20:22:12 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","henry-booker"]
[attr="class","inner"]
Coffee might be best for this, not too sweet though. He was mostly asking for her permission, not her preference. He pulled out the paper bag of pastries he brought home from the bakery, setting them up neatly on a metal dish and promptly put the dish in a small oven to keep them warm.
[break][break]
No it's just me with the girls. I thought you knew that already. Didn't I tell you? He paused to think. No he definitely didn't. They've been gone for about a year now. To be honest I don't know what they're up to. I figured they wanted some time to explore and have fun for a bit. To be honest I haven't really asked.
[break][break]
He pulled another tray of unbaked pastries from the fridge and wasted no time putting them into the already pre-heated, larger oven. He wound up a tiny timer and set it on the counter. Are you still okay with coffee? Before getting an answer he was grabbing a pot and filled up two, very homely looking coffee mugs. One of the mugs was stained and had obviously already been used a few times that morning, the other had flowery decorations on it. Cream is in the fridge, but it's important that you don't add sugar.
[break][break]
He held out the decorated coffee mug for camille while drinking steadily from the other.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".henry-booker b"]color: #93785e; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker b:before"]content: open-quote;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker b:after"]content: close-quote;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker"]background-color: #594a3e; border: 1px solid #dfd2be; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; color: #ffffff; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .inner"]text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; padding: 30px; margin: 30px; border-radius: 20px; background: rgba(50,50,50,0.4); border: 4px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .bottom"]height: 80px; border-top: 1px dashed rgba(250,250,250,0.3); background-color: rgba(30,30,30,0.5); background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/NqFc0tE.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center center; padding: 10px 0px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Roboto|Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 21:04:58 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you didn't!" she huffed, puffing her cheeks out playfully, before settling into a smile.

[break][break] she seated herself on the nearby counter, waiting as henry set up. she leaned into her hand, gaze affectionate as she watched him walk around the kitchen. she always loved to see him work.

[break][break] "that's no good, ry," she admonished lightly. "you should be a good son and call them."

[break][break] cami leaned over the counter, propping open one of the jars to pull out a saltwater taffy. she unwrapped it gently, popping it into her mouth for a burst of flavor.

[break][break] she reached for the warm mug, then pouted.

[break][break] "what do you mean no sugar? no sugar at all?"

[break][break] her eyes were wide and comical. cami was an expert at begging — especially when it came to .

[break]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote b, .cami3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .cami3 blockquote b { font:bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 21px 11px 1px [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 2:30:31 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
NO WAIT!! Henry leaps forward and pinches Camille's cheeks in, causing the candy to pop out of her mouth and into his hand. It only had a few, light bite marks on it.
[break][break]
It took a second or two for Henry to finally realize what he'd actually just done. He pulled his hand away fast enough to retreat, but not so fast to surprise her. Sorry- I'm making something sweet and I need your honest opinion on it. No sweet things yet please. He stepped back a bit to give her some space.
[break][break]
Henry turned around and went to the trash can to throw the candy out. Damnit. Why are you so god damn weird all the time?
[break][break]
Somehow she was a lot smaller up close. Henry looked at the piece of candy in his hand and the fingers he touched her cheeks with. She was also a lot warmer up close. Softer too.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".henry-booker b"]color: #93785e; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker"]background-color: #594a3e; border: 1px solid #dfd2be; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; color: #ffffff; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .inner"]text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; padding: 30px; margin: 30px; border-radius: 20px; background: rgba(50,50,50,0.4); border: 4px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .bottom"]height: 80px; border-top: 1px dashed rgba(250,250,250,0.3); background-color: rgba(30,30,30,0.5); background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/NqFc0tE.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center center; padding: 10px 0px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 15:51:49 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

'h-huh?!'

[break][break] camille sat there, stunned, as she watched ' back. the trash can opened, and her delightful taffywater candy went in with it. she wasn't sure what had just happened.

[break][break] then, something like a laugh fluttered forward. like a butterfly with wings, a giggle tumbled out of her lips.

[break][break] 'henry's so cute.'

[break][break] "fine," she said, with a huff. her lip stretched into a smile. "whatever you say, boss."

[break][break] her eevee hopped onto the stool beside her, tail fluffed as he rested his head on his paws.

[break][break] cami sipped the unsweetened coffee with a bit of a wince; she hated bitter things.

[break]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:31:36 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
Henry was dying of nervousness. Now this whole thing was a spectacle instead of a fun little test and he only had himself to blame for that. Come on. Just focus.
[break][break]
The egg timer seemed to last forever, but finally it dings and Henry eagerly steps into doing-anything-else mode.
[break][break]
The oven doors swoosh open and a brief cloud of steam escapes. Out of the oven comes a small cookie sheet holding two small, thick discs of pastry layered in such a way to make them appear like spiraling whirlpools, rotated over and over with the color of dark, buttery sugar glazing down the top and sides.
[break][break]
Out come two plates from the cupboard above- tattered in flowers with ripples along the side that made the plates look like a flowers themselves. They also looked like a pain in the ass to clean. It was an old set his mom bought a long time ago.
[break][break]
Henry prepares both pastries in a similar fashion and walks over to Camille. He sets the two plates down in front of her, rotates the one on the right a little bit, then places a fork in the middle onto a napkin so it didn't touch the table.
[break][break]
Alright, what do you think?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 15:03:54 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

Though she would never admit it to his face - she was too stubborn - the coffee was good. It had notes of something warm and vaguely cocoa-tasting, reminding her of a barely-lit fire.

[break][break] She watches him work, leaning into her palm.

[break][break] Camille missed him. The days that she'd spent away had been good for her, Grandpa had said as much. She wouldn't have learned so much if she hadn't studied abroad. But phone calls or video chats didn't do justice. Didn't really capture the soft angles of his face when hit by sunlight, or his broad back, or the cute way his brow would furrow when he was concentrating.

[break][break] When he finally sets the desserts out, her eyes glisten with excitement. She leans forward with a deep, appreciative inhale. They're sweet and smell like home. She grabs the fork and cuts herself a piece, taking a bite out of it.

[break][break] Her eyes widen.

[break][break] "Mmm!" she says, half in surprise and the other in delight. "This is really good, Henry. What is this?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 21:13:58 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
He loved to watch her facial expressions. She wore her emotions on her sleeve, and her face. She seemed to be enjoying herself for the most part and that made Henry very pleased.
[break][break]
It's called kouign-amann. He leaned over and ripped off a piece of the first pastry to snack on. That's what the bakery calls it anyway. I tried it for the first time a few months ago and since then I've been trying to learn how to make it. He glanced at her mug, noticing the faint imprint of light pink lipstick where she had sipped. After a brief pause, he mischievously took her coffee and took a large gulp, deliberately sipping from the same, marked spot. If you don't mind me asking- what do you like about it? He smiled, genuinely curious about her honest thoughts, but also entertained by the idea of a casual interview. In a playful, teasing type of way, he had secretly hoped it would make her a bit nervous.
[break][break]
He grabbed the other plate and slid it towards her. Then try this one.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 8:58:11 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"kouga-wha?" she said around a mouthful of the pastry. it is sweet and melts deliciously in her mouth, leaving stray crumbs along her lip that she doesn't notice.

[break][break] "where'd you try it?" her eyes lit up with curiosity, head tilted towards him. she wondered if it had been anywhere nearby. "maybe we can - "

[break][break] suddenly, henry reached for her mug and took a big gulp of her drink.

[break][break] the one that she'd just drank from.

[break][break] her cheeks lit up in a fierce blush.

[break][break] 'that was like, an indirect kiss, right?'

[break][break] it wasn't abnormal for them, or well it hadn't been. but ever since she'd away from college and come back, things had been perceptibly different. things she'd never thought about before had suddenly embarrassed her, and she couldn't figure out why.

[break][break] her eyes darted away from his gaze, adn back to the treat at hand. she cut herself another piece, focusing on the savory way that it tasted in her mouth.

[break][break] "it's really crumbly. but buttery too! and it's so cute," she finally decided at the end, glancing down at it. the toasted edges were undeniably adorable, reminding her of something her grandma called "elephant cookies".

[break][break] she blinks as another plate slides towards her.

[break][break] "ooh, what's this?"

[break][break] already distracted again.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 0:16:59 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
Henry couldn't help but smile with her. Camille had an infectious joy and an addictive appreciation for little things. It was like she had an aura that could turn any mundane activity into something warm and pleasant. She inspired appreciation for life, as it was, in that exact moment. Maybe it was mind control.
[break][break]
Hoagie started whimpering on the floor while Boudin slithered up onto Henry's lap. They both smelled something and wanted to take part in the action. He broke off some pieces of the first pastry and gave it to them. He also made sure to toss a piece to Flo as to not leave anyone out- especially not a guest.
[break][break]
He stood up while holding Boudin on his shoulder, grabbed a napkin from the opposite counter, and placed it in front of Camille, trying his best to appear casual and not embarrass her about the face crumbs. It's the same as before: kouign-amann. This one is slightly different though.
[break][break]
To tell you the truth, I'm using you. I want to see what you think of how they compare against each other. He gave her back the mug of coffee he stole earlier. Oh- take a sip of this first.
[break][break]
He was trying to hide his anxiety by handling other things. The swinub on his shoulder, the napkin, the mug, and the constant knee-bouncing he was conducting from his barstool. He had tried so many times to get the recipe right, but each time was something that he considered a failure. This time there was a witness. Well- what do you think?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 0:28:22 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he hands her a napkin and she reaches for it like second-nature, like it's something that she knew he'd get for her subconciously without even thinking about it. camille dabs at her lip and then grabs the coffee mug to sip, glancing curiously at henry as he explains the reason for this experiment.

[break][break] "using me?" she arches a brow, and then her expression turns devious. "well - if you say so, hen. you'll just have to make it up to me later."

[break][break] her eyes twinkle, full of mischief, before she breaks a piece of the second pastry to eat.

[break][break] this one isn't quite as crumbly as the other one... it is beautifully curved yet dense where it matters, and she savors it as she swallows the buttery treat. "this one's good too. i especially like the pattern on this one," she says, pointing to the slight curve with the end of her fork.

[break][break] looking directly at him, she smiles bright and brilliant.

[break][break] "you're amazing, henry."

[break]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 0:48:33 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
Henry chuckled and smiled at Camille. Yeah that's right- I'm using you. She was right though, she'd been doing a lot for him, and it was about time to treat her.
[break][break]
As she ate, Henry noticed the concentration on her face. The way she tilted her head slightly upwards and to the left, as though searching for a thought in a particular corner of her mind, struck him as endearing. He could tell by the way she presented herself though that something was missing. He took a bite of the other pastry. Ah- This one wasn't terrible but the difference was clear and somewhat disappointing. He was worried that this would be the case. Henry inhaled sharply through his nose and accepted defeat after mentally marking this as another failure.
[break][break]
You're amazing, Henry. Camille's words caught him off guard, causing him to pause and stare at her. What is she talking about? She's the one that's amazing. Secretly they both knew that the pastry from the bakery was the better of the two, but Cami's soft words and sincere intent made him realize that it wasn't really a big deal. He felt a little silly for letting all of this get to him.
[break][break]
Thank you, Cami. He responded with a tender smile. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. The sweetest girl in the world was sitting next to him. Her voice was as gentle as her rosey cheeks. She had deep, emerald eyes which seemed to hold entire worlds within them. Catching himself staring, Henry blinked and a moment of clarity washed over him. After he realized what he was doing, who he was with, and how close they were, Henry discarded the negative score he had given himself earlier. Perhaps this wasn't a failure after all.
[break][break]
Leaning forward, resting his forearms on the counter to close the distance between them, Henry's gaze softened. Can I ask you something? What do you want? I mean like.. in life. What do you really really want?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 21:35:57 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you're using me."

[break][break] her cheeks dusted pink at the teasing remark. henry was such a quiet, amenable guy — most of the time — so that when he said anything that was more than that, it sent a brief flutter through her.

[break][break] camille chewed heartily on the treat to ignore the feeling, only blinking once she caught his face so close to hers. she could smell his cologne mingled with his shampoo, smelling briefly of vanilla and cedarwood.

[break][break] "i..."

[break][break] she blinked, her cheeks blushing brighter.

[break][break] "you know me, henry," she murmured, her voice soft as falling lily petals. "you've always known what i want."

[break][break] traveling had been fun, studying abroad had been fun, but camille never wanted anything more than to feel comforted and at peace. her unsteady childhood had preestablished that, and it was why she was so easily endeared to flowers and fragrances.

[break][break] all camille ever wanted was to feel at home. and she felt that, with henry.

[break]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 6:00:01 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
I guess so.. He paused and thought for a minute. You know I've always kind of envied that about you. Like when you went to school for example- it seemed like it was such a deliberate choice. He remembered being kind of annoyed by that when he was younger. It was a childish thing in hindsight, and of course he never told her about it.
[break][break]
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I want. I don't dislike baking, but it just.. He paused, not really sure about what he was trying to say. I think I want to be good at something.
[break][break]
He watched the girls and their friend start drifting away on a large fuzzy pillow on the floor after carefully forming a pile onto each other. Things were quiet before, but somehow it had managed to get even deeper. The outlining bricks on the ovens had matched with the color palette of a sunset that was beginning to form through the windows.
[break][break]
Henry looked up to her and saw what little sunlight was left, illuminate her inside the little cottage. She was listening, patiently watching. She was stunning and time had been stopped to let them exist only for each other, just for a little while.
[break][break]
Henry slowly reached for her hands and coupled them together with his own. They were very different than his; small and soft and somehow much warmer too. He could feel a faint, light pulse but couldn't tell if it was her heartbeat or his.
[break][break]
After all that talk about not knowing what he wanted, it seemed like the answer had almost immediately appeared right in front of him. Maybe we want the same thing?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 2:52:43 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"is that true?" she said, nearly wistful in her recollection. "i dunno... it hadn't felt that way. i just did it because - " because i could. "because i was lost."

[break][break] she hadn't had any direction back then. but being in fallarbor had seemed so suffocating — after growing up there all her life, she had wanted out. she wanted to see what else was out there, and she - foolishly - thought that whatever out there was better than here.

[break][break] but that hadn't been true. that hadn't been true because —

[break][break] camille blinked, bursting out: "you are good at things, henry! you're good at a lot. like baking and -"

[break][break] her cheeks flushed when she realized her outburst and she forced herself to glance away, staring off at their dozing pokemon, so she could catch her breath to look at them again. by then, she realized, his hands had folded over hers.

[break][break] it wasn't the first time that they held hands.

[break][break] yet, this was...

[break][break] her heart thudded painfully inside her chest. her eyes were wide.

[break][break] "like what?" she found herself asking, leaning closer. wanting, no needing to know. she licked some sugar off her bottom lip. "what do you want, henry?"

[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights