TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 5:14:22 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","henry-booker"]
[attr="class","inner"]
Kouign.. kouign.. coo-in? I think I should have enough sugar already. Sunday morning tends to be one of the busiest days at the supermarket but somehow it still never manages to get too noisy. Everyone there is too preoccupied being lost in their own thoughts and their lists- Henry was no different. I guess I might as well get some more eggs too while I'm here.
[break][break]
He made his way towards the back of the store, attempting to dodge the various deals and the neatly packaged, pre-cooked foods in the deli aisle. Next time for sure he muttered to himself while adding the third bag of snacks to his basket.
[break][break]
He always felt very comfortable at the supermarket. The sound, the smell, the colorful arrangement of misted produce all mixed in the most perfect way to almost feel like home away from home. Today was special though.
[break][break]
Cracking the joints in his left hand, he approached the front of the bakery stand. Excuse me, do you have any.. k.. kouign-amann?
[break][break]
Kouign-Amann? Yes as a matter of fact we do. How many would you like? It's pronounced 'queen'? Why the hell is it spelt with a 'g'? Just a half-dozen please. Thank you! Henry responded quickly, trying desparately to look unphased by his mistake. Surely anyone else would have said it the same way.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".henry-booker b"]color: #93785e; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker b:before"]content: open-quote;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker b:after"]content: close-quote;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker"]background-color: #594a3e; border: 1px solid #dfd2be; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; color: #ffffff; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .inner"]text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; padding: 30px; margin: 30px; border-radius: 20px; background: rgba(50,50,50,0.4); border: 4px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .bottom"]height: 80px; border-top: 1px dashed rgba(250,250,250,0.3); background-color: rgba(30,30,30,0.5); background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/NqFc0tE.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center center; padding: 10px 0px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Roboto|Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 20:17:45 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

grandma had her go grocery shopping, and since today is her day off work, she's more than happy to oblige. camille and her eevee walk through the double doors of the supermarket, filled with the sharp scent of fresh fruit and vegetables, totally intending to make a bee-line for grandma's list but then she gets distracted by some flowers.

[break][break] would definitely appreciate these! right?

[break][break] camille perusing the petunias when she hears a familiar voice. suddenly, camille turns around, dress twirling, and her eyes glimmer brightly as she spots her childhood friend not but a few feet away.

[break][break] "henry!"

[break][break] she jumps at him, throwing her arms around him. it's only been a few days — but she's always happy to see him.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-eevee"]

[newclass=".cami3"]--accent:#E2B1B1; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote b, .cami3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .cami3 blockquote b { font:bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 21px 11px 1px [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 6:47:17 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
It's easy to tell who it is even without looking. Her voice has a certain color to it. If a voice could be a food, I think hers would be buttercream frosting. It's sweet without being too rich, and it's easy to want to come back for seconds.
[break][break]
The impact caused the bag of pastries to briefly slip out of Henry's hand, but he quickly adjusted to save them from hitting the floor. It's always surprising that a girl with a frame so small can have so much arm strength - that also helped give away who it was.
[break][break]
Hey, Cammy. Henry turned around to give her a proper hug back, one with all the force he could muster. Payback. What are getting? I thought Saturday was grocery day.
[break][break]
Without letting go, Henry peeked at Camille's basket. Oooh those are pretty!! Who for?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".henry-booker b"]color: #93785e; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker"]background-color: #594a3e; border: 1px solid #dfd2be; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; color: #ffffff; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .inner"]text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; padding: 30px; margin: 30px; border-radius: 20px; background: rgba(50,50,50,0.4); border: 4px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".henry-booker .bottom"]height: 80px; border-top: 1px dashed rgba(250,250,250,0.3); background-color: rgba(30,30,30,0.5); background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/NqFc0tE.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center center; padding: 10px 0px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 7:59:21 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

the familiar nickname and cadence brightens her mood even further - if possible - and she squeezes him once more before pulling away.

[break][break] she huffs.

[break][break] "it is, but can you believe it? grammy has me going on errands again! you think that they would respect my schedule, but ugh — "

[break][break] anyone who knows camille would know that her words hold no venom. not only does she love her grandparents and would do anything for them, it isn't like as if she really adheres all that strictly to a schedule.

[break][break] which she was sure henry would point out. eventually.

[break][break] her smile widens when topics change and he points to her basket. her face blooms like a camellia, as she grabs the stems and pushes it towards him.

[break][break] "yours! if you pay for it."

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote b, .cami3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .cami3 blockquote b { font:bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 21px 11px 1px [/newclass]

[newclass=".cami3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 23:25:12 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
I sure hope they would be mine if I had to pay for them. They suit you better anyway. He turns to face towards dairy section- I've just got to get some butter for something I'm working on.
[break][break]
Henry has been thinking and preparing for this project for months. He puts a lot of pride into being a baker - perhaps a little too much. There aren't really any stakes involved, but to him everything is on the line. It's ironic how casually he's able to bring it up to her.
[break][break]
He faces Camille and smiles Do you need anything else? We could go together, but I know you're busy. I wouldn't want to interrupt your busy schedule. He teases her, but in actuality is slightly nervous she might really say no.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 23:32:12 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

she snickers at his reply — put it to henry to be so matter-of-fact.

[break][break] turning on a heel, she looks around at his own basket and sure enough, there is a lone stick of butter sitting in his cart. it's funny looking at it, like it's one of those posts on r/bachelorpads.

[break][break] but she knows henry, and knows he probably has a whole slew of ingredients on his list.

[break][break] teal eyes flit upwards to him, just as he confirms her belief. yup.

[break][break] "i always have time for you, henry," she says, straightening up and popping up just beside him, looping an arm around his. "alright — lead the way!"

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 2:32:04 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
"Here's your half dozen", the baker behind the counter says holding a brown paper bag with soft, nylon handles. Henry's face turns slight red, suddenly remembering being playful in public — not something he generally likes to do. Thank you! he says, grabbing the bag of pastries.
[break][break]
Henry squats down and picks up Camille's eevee, lifting it above his head. I didn't forget about you little buddy. Let's get you a snack on the way. He rests the eevee in his basket and scratches the underside of its chin; after which he places the warm, sweet smelling bag. Just not these please, I need them for later. Finally he turns around to face Camille with a smile. Let's get going then!
[break][break]
Even on a quiet day like this, the market is full of life. There are workers wearing aprons accompanied by pokemon assistants, each with their own jobs- misting vegetables, handing out samples, stocking shelves, helping other customers carry things. There are cartoon miltanks drawn on signs made from wooden planks hanging from the ceiling to help guide customers.
[break][break]
I don't know if I could ever leave Fallarbor. He peaks at the eevee in his basket huddled up next to the warm bag of kouign-amann. Even the paper bags here have something comforting about them. You went to Kalos for your studies right? Didn't you ever miss it here?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 6:31:41 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

camille remains oblivious as ever, even as the baker pops up behind the counter and gives henry his dozen. she seems even - perhaps - jubilant in comparison.

[break][break] almost as if she's taking some secret pleasure in her best friend's embarrassment.

[break][break] "flo!" cami chides her eevee, because seconds after henry placed him in the basket, he immediately began doing the exact thing that he was told not to do. the fox-like pokemon pouts, ears flattening against his head, but listens as they began rolling down the grocery aisle.

[break][break] "all the time," she says, nudging him playfully in the side. "i missed the people especially."

[break][break] she gives a bit of a wistful sigh.

[break][break] "but kalos is so lovely, hen. i'd love to go with you some day."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 0:10:57 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
Isn't it crowded there? The thought of getting lost in a sea of people and moving slow enough to anger a local makes him visibly wince. I guess it couldn't hurt to try it out, but to be honest with you I'm not so sure I would be the most fun to have around in a place like that.
[break][break]
A cool breeze could be felt as they made their way closer to the dairy isle. Stands made of various metals designed to hold products at different temperatures could be seen while eiscues took turns in shifts keeping them cool.
[break][break]
Henry grabbed a cheap package of butter and then immediately headed towards frozen treats. Both a delibird and an employee manned a thematic-looking ice cream stand. They both wore the store's trademark blue and white polo, but only the employee sported a painful looking smile. Henry smiled back.
[break][break]
Could I please have five of the special ice cream bars? He exchanged the money and a quick thank you for the ice cream. There we go. One for each of us and two for the girls at home. He handed one to Camille and held another up at Flo while he nibbled on it.
[break][break]
Hey.. are you busy after this? I'm sure the girls would love to see you stop by again, and to tell the truth I could use your help with something.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 2:01:04 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"crowded?"

[break][break] a pearl of laughter fills the air, pulled from her throat.

[break][break] "lumoise city. the university too. but you'd like places like geosenge - just really big spaces, and really old stones."

[break][break] as they walk towards the dairy aisle, amber eyes fall upon the eiscue keeping the eggs and milk cold. "aww," she cooes. "henry look! aren't they cute?" she tugs on his shirt, pulling his elbow towards the aisle.

[break][break] but - professional as ever - henry has places to be and things to do. she busies herself at looking at all the pastries as he gets the rest of his groceries and -

[break][break] "woah!" her eyes grow wide as saucers before a smile lights up her face. "thanks!" she bites off a piece of the ice cream bar as she hands it over to him, savoring it with delight as her eyes briefly flutter shut.

[break][break] "oh?" she says, blinking up at him. "sure! i'm free. what's up?"

[break][break] they start to head over to the cashier aisle, and she helps him place his groceries onto the conveyer belt.

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 2:34:07 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
With a deep breath and a wave of relief, he smiles gently at her. I need a second opinion and I trust yours.
[break][break]
He looks down at the pastries in the basket next to Flo, currently occupied with finishing up the last of the cold treat. I don't want to rush you, but it requires that these are as fresh as possible when we get there. Henry tosses the Eevee's finished ice cream stick into a nearby bin and then meets his eyes back at Cammy's. He presents her with a big smile. Let's go!
[break][break]
They make their way to pay for the groceries with an excited quickness. It was true that the quicker they were the better, though he intentionally left out the part where there was actually plenty of time. He got a kick out of rushing her. The truth is that he was also excited to have her over again after such a long time.
[break][break]
They pay for everything and make their way out into the market street. Do you remember the way?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 3:43:06 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

aww, henry was so cute. especially when he got like this, earnest and heartfelt.

[break][break] she waits on the edge of her toes for him to ask — but blinks when he pivots completely.

[break][break] he smiles bright, and then she's whisked away.

[break][break] a rush fills her as they quickly check out all their items and quicken their pace. anxiety and curiosity mingle in her eyes as they grocery doors open, alongside a blast of fresh air.

[break][break] "um! yes!" she says, then pauses. "i think?"

[break][break] it had been a while so sue her for not being good with directions.

[break][break] "flo! lead the way!"

[break][break] the eevee blinks and then nods before immediately darting towards a flower-covered path.

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 2:48:14 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
Following the fluffy Eevee, they weave through the bustling streets of Fallarbor, taking shortcuts through alleyways lined with cobblestones and old brick buildings. The air is filled with the aroma of the small town - blooming flowers and the faint smell of the nearby sea.
[break][break]
Soon, they arrive at a small house with a picturesque garden, where the scent of rosemary and thyme hangs heavily in the air. Henry's home. It's quaint and charming, much like the town it resides in.
[break][break]
They approach the front door, and Henry fumbles with his keys for a moment before unlocking the door and stepping inside. The interior is cozy and warm, with a rustic charm that's welcoming and homely. A delicious smell fills the air - freshly baked bread.
[break][break]
Welcome back, Cammy. Henry says with a wide smile, taking off his shoes at the entrance. It's been a while, hasn't it?
[break][break]
Flo sniffs around the house curiously, darting into the living room with an excited yip. Two small, furry figures perk up from their lounging positions on a fluffy rug, their round bodies wiggling with excitement.
[break][break]
There they are! Hoagie! Boudin! The moment the two Swinubs spot the party, they let out excited grunts and rush over, round bodies wiggling with glee. They nuzzle at Camille's legs, expressing their joy at her return, their noises echoing in the room.
[break][break]
Henry kneels down and presents the two their favorite ice cream bars. Henry looks up to Camille while the girls snacked - Looks like I'm not the only one happy you're here.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

milky

cami
she/her
october 3
fallarbor, hoenn
pansexual
civilian
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camille
camille harte
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 3:28:01 GMT
camille harte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cami3"]
[attr="class","top"]

as they wandered up to henry's house, a burst of nostalgia flowed through her. it had been so long since the last time she'd seen it.

[break][break] they approached the door. she was so excited that there was a big smile on her face, nearly jogging in place as he unlocked the door for them.

[break][break] "way too long," she agreed with a giggle, before stepping through the threshold. cami laughed as the two swinub swarmed her, kneeling to pet them.

[break][break] "hey girls." she glanced over to henry, hands around her knees, as she peered up at him. "oh, you missed me?" she teased, smirking up at him.

[break]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
September 1
Fallarbor, Hoenn
HETEROSEXUAL
Baker
civilian
Hoagie & Boudin
6'4" - 193 cm height
6'4" - 193 cm height
Baked Fresh
awards
18 posts
henry booker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @borfus
henry booker
It's Pronounced Queen
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 22:13:59 GMT
henry booker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
Henry loved having company over. To him the idea of bringing someone into your home, your personal space, your safe haven- was an intimate one. An idea he was especially happy to share with her.
[break][break]
Something about watching her play with the girls was especially comforting. He knew she was teasing, but what do you say when you witness a sunrise in a calm, quiet forest? Mmhmm and a gentle smile was all he could muster.
[break][break]
One, two..... three. Okay that's long enough. He broke contact and stood up. I have something to show you. It'll take about an hour though so you might wanna make yourself at home. You thirsty?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights