TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 21:55:37 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It's been maybe a week since his duel with Theo. In that short amount of time, Ash dyed his hair back to black. And aside from ruining his life and morals by returning to Rocket, he was okay. Better than okay tonight.

Why?

It may not have been a date, per se, but Ashley decided to text Kep. After their first meeting, Ash had been charmed. He gave it some time to set, some couple of days. No need to text right after. Wasn't how he worked. But three days later, his text read simply:

You know, they're giving out candy in the lower district near my place. Wanna go get some? Just the two of us?

Who was he kidding, he absolutely just asked Kep out on a date. Ash wasn't fooling anyone. But as he sat with what looked like a sack on his back, meant to carry a good amount of loot. Ashley wasn't a big candy person, but he enjoyed sour candy. Skittles? He could rip through them in an afternoon.

He leans quietly against a streetlight. He checks his breath; it's clean. He looks at a small mirror on him, pushes his hair out of the way. His costume? A little basic, but the cowboy hat should tip Kep off on his very thrift-shoppy costume. Taking a deep breath in, he dispelled any nervousness he had.

He couldn't stop smiling.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 20:12:45 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
Kepler rarely ever got text messages. In fact, it was so exceedingly uncommon that whenever his phone did go off he always imagined it was to reveal something terrible. His text tone became a harbinger of doom, Pavlov’ing him into summoning dread at the sound of a bell.

He was hunched over a series of calculations that ’d tossed his way about traveling to the Meteor. Atmospheric pressures, enthalpy figures, what time they’d have to bounce before they were obliterated. His was only a small portion of the mathematics, of course; all the bright minds were working on it, and they’d all come together to hextuple check their figurings before any plans were made.

His phone dinged and he froze, certain that was going to be Lulu saying you know what, never mind, you’re not needed anyway. It took a long time for him to force his muscles to reach out and drag the device back from where it was facedown on the lab table. He flipped it over and squinted at the screen.

The message takes its sweet time orienting in his brain. He doesn’t recognize it as an invite, at first. Actually, his initial, kneejerk impression is he must have sent this to the wrong person. The next one was, just, panic. Excitement? Panic. The last time he’d gone trick-or-treating he’d ended up covered in eggs and water balloons full of piss.

Panic.

But he was learning to work through his panic. He panicked his way through a halfhearted response (Sure, why not?) that was not nearly as revealing as to how he felt. He panicked his way through a costume that he overthought to an umpeenth degree. He panicked his way through the teleport as he and Mercury stepped out into the warm, Slateport night. Panicked his way through the directions in the dark, nervous and jumpy and certain someone was going to leap out at him at every possible junction.

His thoughts were a churning mire of what are we doing? Why are we doing this? What are we doing? as he clutched his pillowcase in white knuckles, boots a timid beat on the concrete. It was only when he finally saw Ashley standing under the streetlight that his brain reached a lovely homeostasis of blank static, like all the panic and stress had reached a tipping point and he was flatlining.

His costume was a buttoned lab coat and goggles, and a pair of black combat boots he’d bought for… some reason. Mercury had a headband with large screws glued to the sides and the characteristic Frankenstein’s monster hairline painted on his forehead.

“You dyed your hair,” is the first thing out of Kepler’s mouth. Not hey, hi, hello, or anything, you know, normal. “I almost don’t even recognize you.”
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 21:57:53 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ash removes all his nervousness with that breath, as he looks at his phone and smiles again. Short, but sweet. He made sure to put it away as there was no need to text again, and as he casually leans back, tipping his light gray cowboy hat up.

When Kep arrives, Ashley is unapologetically checking him out with a tip of his hat. Buttoned lab coat and goggles (which fits the whole vibe), and black combat boots (which were attractive). Mercury had screws coming out, and all of it together... Ash's face heats up a little. Wow, he was really cute.

"Well howdy, cute Victor Frankenstein and his monster."

He thanks his imaginary dad for being southern Unovan for the drawl to the voice. That almost sells it. But Ash's composure dies, and he is laughing, not at Kep but himself. His normal voice comes out. "Sorry, can't do the voice."

Then came the observation of his hair, and he shrugs. "Yeah... needed a change. You like it?" He wasn't sure if he wanted to tell Kep he was in Rocket. Out from his jacket, a pair of floppy white ears pops out the top, as a little Scorbunny appears, donning a small little hat with a deputy badge on his chest. Sheriff Sawyer and his Deputy Sunny!

"So! We'll go get some candy, and go to my place after?" He asks so casually, not even batting an eye.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 2:30:29 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
No one had ever called Kepler cute before, never in his whole life. Never, in his entire existence, had anyone even suggested a hint of anything positive about his appearance. He was too scrawny for sports; too pale, too gaunt.

No one in the history of the world has ever called Kepler cute and done it in such an embarrassing, stupid, sexy accent.

It makes him have whiplash. It is so at odds from the voice he has associated with Ash. It is so corny. It is, in the same breath, somehow, very much doing it for him. Which is astronomical in and of itself! How did he even come to this conclusion!

Say something back, you numbskull.

He doesn’t need to because Ashley is giggling apart in front of him. Kepler cracks a smile.

“Thank god,” he says, without thinking, “I’m not sure I would have made it through the night.” He blinks, then adds, “W-without laughing,” and it sounds convincing enough to make it seem like it was a complete, coherent thought.

Ash asks him if he likes his hair and Kepler tilts his head. “The grey suited you,” he said, conjuring fond memories of the lilac-tinged locks he thought of when he thought about Ash, “but the black is nice, too.”

He’d spoken without thinking. His tone was genuine. But he was terrified that he’d fucked up, because he’d kind of just told Ash that he liked his old hair better? Which wasn’t. That wasn’t what he meant!

“It’s nice,” he adds in haste, because it is. It does look nice. It’s just… different.

His own hair was tied back in his characteristic braids, the teal at their tips freshly touched up.

Mercury pointed at the Scorbunny in Ash’s jacket pocket, getting outrageously excited.

“Y-yeah,” Kep says, falling into step beside Ashley. “Um, aren’t you worried people are going to think we’re too old?” He looks down at his boots, adding (again, without thinking) “Well. You, maybe. I still look like a preteen.”

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:13:38 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Pump pump is when he sees the smile. It's hard to focus, because his chest is tightening. Ash has his own stupid smile on, and that convincing and complete thought Kep had led to that chest pumping doki goodness. He pocketed it for later. Perhaps he would get lucky and just woo Kep more with the voice? Heh. He'd tease him later for it. Though he doesn't let the comment of his hair get him, as he throws his hand out. "Had silver all my life, don't worry. It'll grow back and show next time. Promise!"

So there would be a next time.

Deputy Sunny, the shorter bunny between him and Mercury, pops out of Ash's jacket, and hops next to Mercury, bouncing on the little bunny pads. Sunny bounces near Mercury, the little Scorbunny holding his paw out. To him, Mercury was like the cool older brother, and the Scorbunny absolutely wanted to be just like him!

Seeing them enjoy each other, Ash responds with a shake of his head. "We're both old enough, right? I'm twenty-four. You? Sides, it's a date. Fuck what other people think, yaknow?" He's grinning ear to ear, as he grabs Kep's hand. He holds onto it, a little longer than he thought he would, leading Kepler further on as they went a little faster. Sunny making a giggle from behind as he follows with Mercury. "If they give you shit, I'll kick some ass." A wink, as they near their first house.

Ash still not letting go of his hand. He liked how his heart was thumping just a little faster now.

It's a smaller home, but one with all the proper décor. Pumpkins curved to be just like Pumpkaboo with elaborate design, the rocking chair skeleton, fake cobwebs silly spray, and oddly, that orange and black lighting. The only thing it was missing was the person up front, but there was a small bowl with the atypical 'Take One' with a sizable chunk of candy bars and goodies.

"Look at that. We can take the whole bowl... want to?" It was so bad, but also... this was trick-or-treating. Making like bandits was part of the fun.

He doesn't tell Kep he brought toilet paper too. Yet. Just in case.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 0:45:52 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
Kepler is starting to realize he has to re-consider a few crucial tenets of his life, namely that only old people had silver hair. And that it didn’t look good. Because it was usually on old people. Wow, how closed-minded had he been, up until this moment?

Merc and the little Scorbunny get to-- doing that thing that rabbits do when they’re happy, which is jumping spastically up in the air.

“Binkying,” Kepler says, unprompted and out of nowhere. His face flushes when he realizes it, because, it probably sounds dumb as hell. “That’s what-- it’s called. What rabbits do when they're happy.”

Ashley says the d-word-- date-- and Kepler freezes midstep, one foot hovering in the air. “Um.” Suddenly he’s forgotten how old he is. Suddenly he’s forgotten everything except for the fact that he’s apparently on a date.

He’s got two broken-brained seconds until Ash grabs his hand and he’s being propelled forward by the sheer power of shock and something bubbly in his stomach that he thinks maybe is what Disney princesses feel when they see the prince of the movie.

His hand shifts ever so slightly and their fingers lace together like they were meant to be that way.

“T-twenty three,” he stutters, face red as blood, “I’m twenty-three.” He can hold Ash’s hand but he can’t look at him because he might die.

They pause on the porch and Ash asks if they should take the whole thing. And, for a second, Kepler, feels his feet beneath him.

“Of course,” he says, in typical Kep brusqueness, “if they didn’t want us to take the whole thing they shouldn’t have been so lazy.” Every word he speaks brings him a little confidence, and he holds his pillowcase out and finally-- finally-- looks up at Ash.

“Bottoms up?”

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 2:17:03 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Binkying. Huh. He had a dictionary on him, or in his brain. But as Merc and Sunny were so happy to jump spastically, it only proved Ash right. There needed to be a next time. Even if he wasn't doing well, Sunny already liked the older rabbit. Playtime for the duo.

While they walk, Ashley feels his chest thumping harder, when those fingers lace together. Kep says his age, and Ash finds himself giving a smile. It isn't like the one before it. It's sweet, but it's the soft features, the toothy grin, and how he holds that hand. The way Kep's face was this red coloration only added to the cuteness, and Ash could see it clean as day.

Holy shit... Ash, he's into you.

When Kep agrees to take the bowl of candy, Ash nods, and begins pouring all of the contents into his bag, snatching one little candy bar for himself. It's a lovely little breakable block of chocolate, and he opens the wrapped, splitting it in half. "Heh. Sucks they don't have pocky, huh?" He gives Kep a sly wink. Because those little chocolate sticks had a thing about them.

Least they had a small haul already.

As soon as they finished, he moves with Kep away from the home, Sunny now hopping up onto the bigger bunny's shoulders to ride, if consented, the Deputy watching his trainer look happy for the first time in a long time. Ash is loving every second, as he keeps looking at Kep every few seconds as they walk. He can tell that Kep is nervous, hell, he won't even get those eyes on him. Ash decides to help ease those nerves.

"Kep." Ash calls him, using that same Unovan cowboy drawl, he says the cute nickname he gave him before. "Take a breath. It's okay.

"You're having fun, right? I know I am."

Onto the next house, this time they'd need to ring the doorbell, and Ash was fully on it. But he never once let go of Kep's hand. He forgot to do it. That's the excuse he would give. It wasn't because his own cheeks were a little hot, but he felt good about the night. His grip tightens. It felt nice to hold someone else's hand. He didn't want to mess it up.

Don't mess it up, Ash. Come on, you got this, man. Hype yourself up. You like him too, right? Yeah. You do.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 1:00:15 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
The rabbits were completely oblivious to the sheer amount of crushing that was happening as they jumped and ran and played. And as Merc drew further away from him, Kepler opened his mouth to order him back-- that was his only line of defense, after all-- but Ashley’s hand was a comforting weight in his own and he swallowed his words and just. Squeezed.

And you know what? It worked. It did make him feel better.

Ash dumps the bowl of candy into Kepler’s pillowcase and Kep resists the urge to twist it around and throw it over his shoulder like fucking sucralose Santa Claus.

“I’ve never had pocky,” he admits as they turn from the scene of their crime, thinking it’s the dumbest thing he could possibly say but also thinking that it was impossible that anyone could look that good when doing something as basic as eating.

Mercury accepts the small Scorbunny without question, falling back into step next to his trainer as they strike out once more into the night. Kep catches Ash checking on him every now and then, though he still can’t really look at him; the butterflies in his stomach were working to turn his skin a particular shade of pink.

So when Ash calls on him, tells him to take a breath, that’s exactly what he does, the exhale coming out a little bit more ragged than he expected it to. He feels a little lightheaded, and remembers he has to inhale, as well.

“Sorry,” he says, apologizing for-- for himself, for himself-- “I don’t. Um. I-I’ve never been on a date, before.” And honestly? If he’d known that’s what this was, before he got here? He may never have even come. Because he was a coward. He was a coward, and he liked Ash, and he wasn’t allowed to have things he liked, and keep them.

“Yeah,” he says, finally looking up at Ash, smile growing, “yeah. I’m-- I’m having fun.”

They step up to the door so Ash can reach up and ring the doorbell. Kepler squeezes his hand back. When the door opens, he holds up the pillowcase in his other hand.

“T-trick or treat?”
he asks, voice barely a squeak.

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 1:31:25 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The front door opens about ten or fifteen seconds after Ashley rings it, a grandma in her late seventies appearing. The wrinkles, the glasses, everything made this earthly older lady look sweet, let alone the smile that moved ear to ear. Her words are immediate. "Well, hello there, children. Here for some candy?" She's got a bowl at the ready, and Ash is holding up his own bag.

Kepler's smile makes his own cheeks burn pink, as he tightens his hold on Kepler's hand. "Thanks, Dolores. Trick or treat." Ash beams to her. He seemed to know her. And he did, because she was a grannie he checked on every now and then. Sweetest grannie ever, but her kids never came to visit. Ash saw a means to stop that.

Both bags are filled up a little more, and just as they are about to go, she gives a wave to the two. Pulling Kepler away, he's grinning to his date.

It just hit him. He asks. "Really? Never dated?" Ash ponders a moment, and looks right into Kepler's eyes.

He can feel his heart beat on the rise, head in the clouds of cloud nine, and he flirtatiously says. "I like you. Honored to be your first rodeo, partner." He definitely adds that Unovan drawl to how he says it. Though his face is red, he says it so clearly. He doesn't elaborate. He doesn't say a word more, instead, taking the Disney prince into the night for more candy, Sunny riding atop of Mercury as the little deputy cheers atop of Mercury. The sound of rabbits giddily playing into the night.

A kiss before trick or treating is over? Aside from the skittles, that's the kind of sugar he's here for.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 1:48:03 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
The door opens and it’s a little old lady. Kepler releases another breath he hadn’t realized he was holding, relieved it wasn’t a snooty middle-class white mother or, even worse, a teenager. Ash is apparently on a first name basis with the woman (what?) who drops some candy into their receptacles and sends them on their way.

“Do you know everyone in your neighborhood?”
Kepler asks, his innate curiosity worming its way out of the layers and layers of compact social anxiety detritus he has piled around him.

He finds himself then staring up at Ash like-- like a mooning, lovestruck moron.

“No,” he says, the admission coming on another exhale because, oh yeah, he has to keep reminding himself to breath. “I never… I’ve never really had friends, either. Human friends,” he adds quickly, glad Merc was out of earshot for that little slip-up.

It’s because I’m a parasite, his brain says, a litany of self-depreciation and low expectations, coupled together in a survival mechanism, I’m a little parasite and I don’t get to feel love or goodness or-- or anything like that. It’s all crashing together in waves as he scans Ash’s face, wondering if this-- if this is--

Then Ash says the rodeo line and Kepler laughs, a real, genuine laugh that ends in a tiny snort as he presses the back of his free hand against the bridge of his nose. “Oh my god,” he wheezes, as they turn, hands clasped, and continue into the night. “That was-- oh, my god.”

It was so cute and so corny and he was so done in for, wasn’t he?

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 2:03:32 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Did he know everyone? Ash shrugs. In truth, he never thought about it, but being a street kid he kinda just did it out of habit. It didn't seem weird to him to know an old lady who needed someone to latch onto. Ashley just was that way.

Then Kep says he's never had friends. Ash's heart breaks just a little, but his grip tightens. But the moment the rodeo line comes out, Kep is laughing, and Ash feels himself grinning. Heart mended easily enough. The way he laughs is infectious, and he knows it's corny, he knows that it is, and yet it was out there.

Kep had friends. He had Ash too, for that matter. Never too late to start.

When he finally stops his wheezing giggle, that cute snort at the end, Ash gives a wink. "Wow, I must be doing well, I thought that was the corniest thing I could have said." He's now almost overconfident, but he reels it in, when he drops the drawl entirely.

"I'm serious though. I do. Like you, that is."

It's out there now, as he lets Kep drop his hand, if so desired. His cheeks are red, the wholesome beating of his chest only adding to it. "I wouldn't be out here if I didn't." No bullying, none of that. He almost thinks he doesn't deserve to say it, but if he let fear stop him now after all of the things Rocket had done to him, he'd never be able to get through it.

"We got a lot more houses to hit... wanna keep going?"

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 2:35:23 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
Kepler is still grinning around loose giggles that threaten to spill.

“It was. Really corny, I mean.” He bites his lip, to stop from collapsing into laughter again. “But it was also… kind of cute? And very silly.”

And it was like his whole world was being shaken up from the simple notion that Kepler liked Ash being silly. Because he’d never-- he’d never gotten to know. He’d spent his whole entire life so wrapped up in his own head and no one had ever approached him to-- to flirt, or to hold hands, or to befriend him.

Kepler was a genius whose parents knew he was a genius. His whole life he was in advanced classes, higher level courses. The people he was with were also very intelligent. No one needed to even use him for his brain. He hadn’t even had fake friends.

“I… I like you, too,” he says, quiet, like a secret, like a dawn breaking. Like something precious, he’s giving away.

There’s a slackening in Ash’s grip and Kepler’s horrified that he wants him to let go. His fright translates into a knee-jerk increase of tension, where he grabs and squeezes Ash’s hand like his life depends on it for a few seconds before his willpower gets ahold of his frantic mind and he can regulate his clasp.

“Um,” he says, trying to hide his spike of panic by peering thoughtfully into his pillowcase of candy, “maybe just for a bit. We got a lot from that first house, you know? Then we can… go to your place.”

That had been the plan, right?

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 3:42:57 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
That smile is infectious. Ash can't help but smile in return. Hearing that his little line was cute, silly, corny, all the like? That only has him smirk. It's happiness. Flourishes of the heart.

When the conversation gets serious, and Kep reciprocates the Beautilfies in his stomach, only to feel his hand squeezed tightly, only to have Ashley firmly grasp back. Almost by instinct alone, he pulls Kepler close to him, silver eyes almost able to peer into Kep's heart.

Ashley feels himself staring for a second too long when he agrees to come over after.

He almost, just almost makes a move, but pulls away before he follows through. Heart in his ears. But he doesn't let go of Kep's hand. In fact, his smile brightens as he tightens his grip. He's not letting this feeling of happiness float away. He's taking it. He gets to be selfish for once in his life.

"Got it. One or two more. Then my place."

He confirms it, as Sunny points full speed ahead towards another location. They have fun Noibat decorations! It's a two story home, and it looks neat with these cool gravestones. The bunny just cheers, bouncing atop of his bunny bro, as he holds his arms out like a plane.

All the while, Ash follows suit, feeling lighter than air, as he rings the doorbell to the biggest guy in the neighborhood. "Mikey! Trick or treat." He holds his bag out.

The big, burly man sits in a cloak with a slasher mask sits in the doorway that opens up. Staring at Kep as if he could crush him like an ant. That is, before he softens up, and coos at the two of them, big lips and big innocent blue eyes. "Ash! Look at you two! A little Victor Frankenstein and his monster bunny, and a cowboy and his bunny deputy! You're both so cute! Finally getting into the spirit?" Literally the biggest sweetheart of the whole neighborhood. With it, he hoists up a big bowl of candy, and puts more into both bags when offered.

"Guess I'm just in the spirit this year." Ashley coos back, lacing the fingers and enjoying the feeling of Kep's hand in his. He knows exactly why he's doing it this year.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 17:57:49 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
Kepler doesn’t think he’s smiled this much ever, in his life. Ridiculous. He felt like he could take on the world. If they ever learned to capitalize off of people’s energy-- bottle it directly from the source-- he was pretty sure he could power a whole city.

And, huh, had he ever realized that Ash’s eyes were silver? They were beautiful. He only belatedly realizes he can realize this because the taller man had pulled him closer. There’s a beat where Kepler’s hopeful (terrified?) that something more is going to happen and then Ash pulls away. The world rights itself, where it had been spinning dizzily. They continue to hold hands.

Merc and Sunny lead the way to the next house. Kepler barely notices the decorations, realizing he’s anxious for the out and about portion of this endeavor to be over so they can move on to what’s next.

Whatever that might be.

The big scary man on the porch oohs and awws over them and Kepler preens in it, beyond excited that people are calling him Viktor Frankenstein and not Frankenstein’s monster because there’s a key difference there and-- oh, they’re moving on.

“Do you normally do this?” he asked, jittery with nerves at the prospect of only one more house before Ash’s place. That had been the plan. “Go trick or treating?”

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Sour Candy [M][WW]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 21:06:14 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The walk away was quiet, and though Merc and Sunny seemed to be having a great time, so too was Ashley. When Kep finally pipes up and asks, Ashley grins.

"Nah, not usually. I never got to be in a family that did it, so I've made up for it later in life. That... and how many trick or treat dates can you say you've ever been on?" It's a pleasant smile, but Ash had thought this out well in advance. Only so many guys can say they treated someone as cute as Kep to trick or treating for a date. It was magic by itself.

But the magic wasn't going to stop.

"Hey." Ash stops in place, keeping ahold of Kep's hand as they stand just under a streetlight. The moon was out just right to shine above, the stars were up in the sky to illuminate all of the night. Sunny was bouncing on Merc's shoulders, and in Ash's ear he could almost hear a fictitious singing crab giving the 'oh-la-la-la-la-la my-oh-my looks like the boy's too shy-' before pulling Kep closer again.

Fictional singing crabs should stay unda-da-sea and not above ground and lie.

This time with feeling. Ash pulls Kep in, making sure to give him eye contact. His heart beat many times faster, as his finger tipped Kep's chin upwards to face his own. His cheeks were red, heavens they burned but each inch further to that advance. The journey there halts his breathing for a moment. Then the landing. The kiss. So long as Kep didn't pull away.