oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[attr="class","omgentop"]OSCAR'S HOUSE OF JUMPSCARES

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

THE MIRROR MANOR
AREA 4
DESIGNED BY: ALLEN SCHWAD

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/917658424957886505/1027629687591145505/Y2Mate.is_-_Anthem_from_US_by_Michael_Abels-1idEVy_qH8c-160k-1655168854949.mp3[/player]
[break]

THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS

[break]

With your waiver signed and your nerves steeled, you enter the looming mansion. You find yourself within a bare lobby, another GMH attendant standing in front of four distinct doors. After a moment of waiting, you are directed toward a door made from a warped mirror. The attendant opens the door, and once you enter the door will close and lock behind you.[break][break]

You have entered a corridor where every surface is filled by a mirror. From the walls, to the floors, to the ceiling, you are surrounded by endless reflections of yourself. The mirrors are cold to the touch, and mysteriously you leave no finger prints behind on their pristine surfaces. As you move forward, you will quickly realize that this is indeed a ‘mirror maze’ complete with dead ends and misleading loops. As you venture deeper into the maze, you will find that the nature of your reflection will begin to shift. With every step the mirrors will begin to distort your body, creating a caricature of you from nearly every angle. This might have been an amusing addition to your journey—until you notice that one of your grotesque reflections is coming toward you.

GUIDELINES

RULES

Your journey through the house has begun. It is now up to you to help your character navigate this haunted maze. Describe your character’s experience in as much or as little detail as you desire, but know that creative writing and displays of effort may be rewarded. You need not interact or acknowledge each other, but you are free to do so if you wish. For those who wish to practice their imagination, here are some resources to help you. [break][break]

What do they Hear: Glass shattering in the distance, quiet chanting, giggling right next to your face, footsteps beside you even when you are standing still, voices of friends or family, your voice--what else?[break][break]

What do they See: Never ending reflections, after a certain point your reflections begin to warp. The levels of warping range from fun-house mirror to abstract art--describe it.[break][break]

What do they Smell: Everything smells clean, window cleaner, cologne--what else? [break][break]

Use the mood music provided at the top of the post for further inspiration.[break][break]

The actual game occurs at the end of your post. Here is an overview of the rules:

• Roll three times. At least one of your rolls must meet the win condition of this thread. This Thread’s Win Condition: At least one rolled number must be between 30 and 70.
  • Every player starts with 50 Resolve. Failure to meet the win condition on any of your rolls will cost the player 10 Resolve. Reaching 0 Resolve will eliminate that player from the game. Be sure to keep track of your Resolve somewhere within your post.
  • Continue taking turns posting until there is only one player left standing. Every eight posts I will interject with an event that may modify the game, so stay vigilant.
  • There is no set deadline for posting, however to keep the intended pace there is a penalty for slacking. If you cannot post within two days after the post before you, you will be skipped over and lose 30 Resolve.
  • Unless requested otherwise, your character is entering their area ALONE! As such, you may note if you are open to interaction or not. If someone is not open to interaction, that must be respected. Additionally, just because someone is open to interaction does not mean you are obligated to interact with them.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

THE BONUS GHOUL

This is an optional element to give you a leg up in the game. A ghoul hides within this post, guarding a bonus prompt. Fulfilling the bonus prompt and sending the ghoul's link to Hollow's discord will earn you a bonus in the game![break][break]

BUT BEWARE! The ghoul's visage may be too scary for some. If you are easily frightened or disturbed, you can still obtain the bonus by guessing the prompt based off those who have already found it. Just send what you think the prompt is to Hollow's discord and fulfill it in your post. Regardless of the method, you will obtain the bonus upon confirmation from Hollow.[break][break]

Here is the bonus for this thread: For one round, roll six times instead of three. Choose three of those six rolls to be your rolls for that round.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 16:29:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Going to a haunted mirror maze seemed like a pretty fun way to get the spooky festivities going. He and could have a few startles, a few spooks, a few laughs at their own expense, maybe make out a little if they could find a nice, cozy corner of their own. Y'know. Classic haunted house stuff![break][break]

And this start was classic indeed. They went through a big, warped mirror and ended up in a hallway filled to the brim with mirrors. A lot of mirrors. So many mirrors. Actually, wow, that was a ton of mirrors. The hallway's mirrors were even tilted at a bunch of different angles just to add more mirror per square foot. If Isaac so much as blinked, he'd see blink upon blink echoing down the hallway.[break][break]

He looked away to regather his bearings, only to find more mirrors on the floor. The ceiling? More mirrors up there. And it didn't take a genius to know what would be on the other side of the door that had just shut behind them. Isaac whistled, the sound seeming to bounce from wall to wall. If Isaac didn't know any better, he'd think all the mirrors were whistling, too. "Sheesh. Oscar don't sweat the details," Isaac said. He never did, on everything from haunted house design to robot insect obstacle courses to citywide sabotage.[break][break]

That sure was a normal thought to have. What a normal situation Isaac was in.[break][break]

Quick! Time to do something stupid to distract from the mounting stresses and traumas of his time in Rocket! Luckily, the haunted house seemed to oblige. The mirrors were no longer making identical copies of the duo. Now they were starting to warp and change, less like a mirror maze and more like a carnival funhouse. Seeing one that looked particularly bulbous, Isaac stood ass-first in front of it. He turned over his shoulder, hip cocked slightly. "Hnnnng, Cygne," Isaac said. "I'm tryin' to sneak around, but I'm dummy thicc. And the clapping of my ass cheeks is alerting Oscar."[break][break]

Everyone laughed at that! Which was surprising, considering that Cygne was the only person Isaac saw here. Where the hell was all this laughter coming from? Some of it seemed to be bouncing from further down the hall. Others seemed to be coming from right behind Isaac, the giggling almost caressing his ear.[break][break]

"You, uh. You hear that too. Right, Cyg?"[break][break]

PJV0gZ0Q

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
··
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 18:18:55 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg doesn’t really do haunted houses insofar as she doesn’t enjoy cheap canned thrills. Jumpscares do the job, but she doesn’t find them enjoyable. Once she even got asked to leave a haunted house early because she accidentally sucker-punched one of the actors.

“Let’s see if we can get through this without me smashing a mirror,” she jokes as she clicks the pen she used to sign the waiver and hands it back to the GMH attendant. There was an odd kind of whiplash from seeing the ol’ uniform, in a haunted house, no less. That was its own spookiness in and of itself.

The hallway was chilly, almost painfully so, and smelled sharp, like frost and Windex. She was glad she wore layers. Despite her propensity to not be scared in haunted houses, her final girl instincts had kicked in; her outfit was utilitarian: warm, but light, with sneakers for running. In case there was running to be had.

Frankly, Cyg adored -- for numerous reasons, the least of which being his intelligence and his penchant for machinery. She also had a crush on Genesect that probably said a lot more about her than many of her other proclivities. But she didn’t trust the man as far as she could throw him, which, despite his slight stature, was probably not very far.

Still, she’s so excited, she’s giddy. She loves being scared. And it’s been so long since she’s been well and truly scared-- the innocent kind, not the people I care about are actively suffering and might die kind. She’s had enough of that for a fucking lifetime.

“Fortunately for us, the man’s a genius,” Cyg said, nodding at ; when she said us she meant Rocket at large, not their little group and its doomed foray into the Reflection Realm.

There’s a distant noise, like glass tinkling as it scatters across the ground. Cyg tries to focus in on the direction its coming from and can’t-- and then Isaac ruins the moment by being disgustingly hilarious, and the only sound that can be heard is her loud, stupid laughter as she cackles hard enough for tears to pool at the corners of her eyes.

“Fuck,”
she wheezed, reaching over to tap him lovingly (but firmly) on his thunderous backside. “Yeah, you made all the mirrors laugh. There’s probably speakers behind them. Or ghosts. Maybe both.”

The ambiance was excellent, and the set-up was very well done. But she wasn’t about to give in yet.

“This is going to be fun.”

N3AnhVjs

··
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Spectra Trainee
Associate
Elaine
Dating
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 20:02:48 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Oh. Mirrors. Again. Was this an odd digital world at the bottom of the sea that seemed to grotesquely take body parts for wrong answers in trivia games?
[break][break]
No? Okay then. Not scary. It simply was not. The only reason Vio shuddered even a little bit was because her skirt and blazer combo wasn’t exactly made for temperatures like these. But if that was all they had on offer, it was pretty pathetic, really. Yeah, that reflection was moving towards her all distorted like. Boo-hooh. Quite literally even. But it couldn’t exactly do a worse job on her than the one in Cyberchase had, so she just harrumphed and ignored it. “Whichever it is behind the mirrors, it’s not anything we couldn’t handle anyhow. Probably mostly Ghastly and Zorua if I know my mischief-making Pokemon.”
[break][break]
That was her expert opinion on the matter. As someone who had grown up with ghostly hijinks in the woods due to the nesting Pokemon there, Vio was definitely used to those sorts of things. Granted, the mirror stuff was neat and all. But some dude with a weird haircut had recently done that way better, so she could not really get worked up about this. “Anyway, I say we move on down this corridor, aye? Not like we have much of a choice one way or another, even with creepy mirrors. Just be wary of trapdoors and mirror-doors, I guess?”
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
··
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 1:40:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]oh... this is interesting.

her head rotates from left to right, sweeping across the stretching lines of mirrors. the longer she looks, the longer she waits for a certain sea hoennian to step out.

and yet, she doesn't hear the sound of water. she doesn't see a water saw. she doesn't feel death by self creeping into a pit in her stomach.

somehow, it brings a sense of ease to see only herself in the reflections. and isn't it refreshing to feel relief when she looks at herself for once?

the group chats and odd, jumbled giggles punctuate every sentence. she pays little mind to the laughter. it's second nature when you surround yourself with vocal ghosts.

"yeah, should be fine to keep going."

besides, the scent of bleach is beginning to sting her eyes...

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
··
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 2:04:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac let out a goofy moan as Cygne gave his over-reflected ass a smack. "Babe, babe, c'mon. Not with everyone watching us," he joked, motioning toward the other Isaacs and Cygnes watching through the mirror. They followed shortly thereafter, albeit all out of sync with one another. Some of the mirrors moved as soon as Isaac did, as they should. Others started more sluggishly, as if they missed their cue. And Isaac could've sworn one moved before he even did.[break][break]

That didn't stop Isaac from giving Cygne a cheesy eyebrow wiggle. "Now, if we can find the one spot in this place where we're not being watched . . . then we're talking~."[break][break]

It would have been a very enticing offer, had their reflections not continued to warp and distort. It was one thing to have one reflection turn into something unrecognizable. It was another to have that happen to two. They practically bled into one another, Isaac and Cygne becoming a literal beast with two backs. Heads stuck out of shoulders. Torsos twisted around one another like double helixes. Facial features interconnected in ways that didn't seem humanly possible.[break][break]

Isaac took a step back, startled.[break][break]

The reflections shambled forwards.[break][break]

That was when Isaac grabbed Cygne's hand and ran like hell. His other hand stuck out in front of him, probing the air to see what was space and what was glass. Whenever he touched glass, he pressed off of it, using the momentum to further propel them through the maze. Yet each time he did that, his hand felt colder and colder. How many mistakes could he even afford to make?[break][break]

He hoped he'd never find out.[break][break]

r7R_F5cd

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + +

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
··
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 14:43:44 GMT
ana fell Avatar
“What? They might be into it,” she says, faux-affronted, peering into her reflection with an excited grin. She cocks her head to the side and the mirror does the same, and maybe if the glass-Cygne’s smile is a bit too big for her face, well, that’s more the fun, isn’t it?

She follows along after Isaac, happy to take her time, to enjoy the uneasiness of it all. Cyg loves being scared, she loves being freaked out, she loves that little thrill of things just maybe going tits up-- especially (only) when there’s no real weight behind it.

“I wonder what the mirrors would do,”
she hums, suddenly graced with the mental vision of mirror her with a freakishly long tongue to shove down--

--nope, not getting horny in a mirror maze, thank you, Cyg. Try to keep your thoughts vaguely human, thank you.

She was torn from her licentious thoughts by Isaac startling back, the sudden and very visible discomfort in his movement discordant from their previously easy camaraderie. She would have reached for him, anyway, to make sure he was okay, but he was quicker: he grabbed her hand and began to run.

“Isaac!” she panted with a surprised gasp as he propelled her forward, bouncing like an electron off mirrors and down hallways. There was no order, no thought in the directions he was leading him, and only when she thought of them being trapped in the maze forever did she finally start to feel a little real panic bubble up. She tried to balance it with the logic of wouldn’t just do that but she found she… couldn’t comfortably assure herself that.

“Hey,” she said, finally digging in her heels and putting on the brakes, tugging him back to her. “Hey, you’re okay. You’re okay.” She put herself solidly between himself and the mirrors behind them. “This-- this is supposed to be fun. You’re okay.”

She had her hands on his shoulders and was looking into his eyes.

So why could she still see his face in the mirror behind him?

8YB3iARA

··
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Johanna
Dating
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 19:02:45 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Huh? Violet found herself slightly startled – startled, not scared – when the other’s just took off. Which was a bother since she had just started pouting in a way that more or less clearly wanted to tell those two to get a room. With a bit of jealousy involved for not being, well, involved. Yet, the boy just suddenly rushed along as if he wanted to get out ASAP. Why? This whole mirror stuff wasn’t all that scary, in her opinion. Sure, given that these mirrors were seemingly capable of independent transformation meant there was some impressive technology behind it. But, again, she had been to the bottom of the sea. This clearly paled in comparison.
[break][break]
But then again, being left behind clearly was not going to be a good thing either! Vio sighed, then started to jog after them, very careful to not lose track of the real ones compared to the images. “I kind of meant moving onwards together, as a group, not to just rush headlong into the closest mirrors!” Naturally, she did not exactly give much attention to the fourth wheel to their quad. Mostly because they seemed relatively calm and collected still. Hopefully, they would not get lost. But she had to worry about those two silly-puddies for now. And maybe, just maybe, she just did not want to be left behind.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

··
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 20:24:01 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

ELIMINATION!

[break]

You made a wrong turn while chasing your friends, and have come upon a dead end. As you turn to backtrack you notice that one of your reflections does not turn with you. You look back, staring into your own eyes as the twisted reflection smiles menacingly. It then begins to push through the mirror, climbing out as if it were simply an obstacle. You turn to run, only to realize that your way out has been closed off. Before you can think to even scream, your doppelgänger grabs you and pulls you into its mirror--just in time for your friends make the same wrong turn and witness your demise.

has been ELIMINATED

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 20:50:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, she loses sight of the companion closest to her. seemingly disappears and she blames it on the twists and turns of the haunted house.

of course, she'd be wrong...

she turns the corner, backtracking to locate the woman, when she sees it happen: the body of being tugged into a mirror by one of the woman's doppelgangers.

a shiver runs down the spine and with it, the ignition of scar tissue across the back skittering to life. it crawls in her skin, an irritated paranoia.

perhaps she had been wrong in the beginning, too. maybe in some way, her sea hoennian doppelganger is here in hiding, waiting to grab her too...

she keeps going despite the urge to stop, to leave, to escape the fated meeting of doppelgangers again in a house of mirrors.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
··
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 2:59:05 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

JUMPSCARE!

[break]

Suddenly the lights go out, replacing the bright incandescent lighting with Blacklight. Strange shapes can be seen within the mirrors; they seem to be 3D wire-frames of humans in various poses—which change every time you look away. How do you react to this?[break][break]

• You feel uneasy, you swear these figures are following you: You’re right! Every moment they get closer and closer, run while you can! Gain 10 Resolve, but roll 4 dice instead of 3 for the rest of this area. The 4th dice should be treated like the others, if it rolls a failure it will cost you 10 Resolve.
  • You feel amused, try copying their poses: The wireframes disappear. A single wireframe now stands before you, and it does not wait for you to turn around to start getting closer. Lose 10 extra Resolve for every failed roll until you lose the Wireframe. Lose the Wireframe by rolling higher than 60.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 3:21:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I kinda meant moving onwards as a group."[break][break]

Oh. Oh shit. As Cygne put the brakes on Isaac's run, Isaac's brain put the brakes on all the shameless flirting. Apparently, he and Cygne weren't the only ones that Oscar had let in at the same time. No, the whole group got put right at the start of the mirror maze, and Isaac had gotten distracted enough by the reflections to not even notice the new additions. "We just turned into That Couple while people were watching, didn't we," Isaac asked, taking a few moments to gather his breath. Forget the creepy reflections. That was the real horror story waiting to happen![break][break]

Yet, as Cygne pulled Isaac close to wind him down, he realized that the addition had just been subtracted. "You're right. The special effects in here are crazy, but it's all just a big show," Isaac said. "Now let's put the band back together and solve this bad boy, eh?"[break][break]

As they rounded the corner, looking for , Isaac realized that they had come too late. Her own reflection, mad-eyed and grinning hard enough to split her face, had pounced her like a wild animal. By the time Isaac arrived, she was just in the process of dragging her catch into the mirror realm. For a brief moment, Isaac could feel hands pressing tightly against his neck. As he blinked and looked around, he was back in the digital world, withering under his own doppelganger's gaze.[break][break]

Wow. He'd repressed that. No wonder the reflections coming to life fucked him up so bad.[break][break]

Yet when Isaac blinked, everything was gone. His flashback. The reflections. Their fallen companion. There was only darkness, and through that darkness emerged the telltale purple glow of blacklights. The mirrors had become wireframe mockeries of humans, and briefly Isaac wondered if Maldacena had taken Oscar's place on this project.[break][break]

"It's all just a show," Isaac repeated as he looked from wireframe to wireframe. Even as he spun in a perfect circle, he never saw the same pose twice. It was almost as if they were moving.[break][break]

"Just a show." Moving closer and closer. Their misshapen fists pressed up against the glass, their heads tilted at unnatural angles, and the wire matrices that made up their bodies ruptured in unpredictable fashions. Isaac's thumb traced the edge of Cygne's hand, desperately trying to ground himself.[break][break]

"Just . . . a . . ." Isaac could feel a wire graze the side of his neck. Faintly, the smell of blood trickled his nose. And that was his sign to make like a tree and get the fuck out of there. "Behind us! Running now!" Isaac said, his last warning to Cygne before he took off like a rocket. If he didn't, he knew their companion's fate would swiftly become his own.[break][break]

UNNERVED + BONUS GHOUL ACTIVATED[break][break]

GEng_S95

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + @illeanna

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·····
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 17:21:58 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Isaac looks more alarmed at the fact that they were just playing grab-ass in front of polite company than anything else, really. A slightly deranged chuckle bubbles to her lips. It’s adorable. She doesn’t know what’s cuter, the fact that he’s blushing or the idea that his endearing corniness was meant for her and her alone.

Yeah, she was definitely 100% normal and being affected by their surroundings normally.

“It’s fine, it’s fine,”
she hurried to assure him, still fighting giggles, and losing. “That just makes it funnier. Besides, it’s not like we were shoving our tongues down each other’s throats.” Which. coincidentally, hadn’t that been what’d she’d imagined?

Fuck, she needed to see a psychiatrist.

She eventually had to clap her hands over her mouth to follow along behind him because she was still laughing. Shit, this was too much fun. needed to do one of these like once a week.

The laughter spilled over as they watched ’s doppleganger reach out and grab her, dragging her back into the mirror. “Okay, that was so fucking cool,” she said, looking down at Isaac and genuinely surprised to see he wasn’t having as much fun as she was. He was repeating his it’s just a show mantra to himself and looked like he was about to bolt.

Her enthusiasm died. She definitely regretted coming here, if he was looking this uncomfortable.

“Hey, I’m sure-- there’s gotta be a panic button somewhere. Where we can get out. Or I’ll just bust through the mirrors.”
Muirne would be amenable to that, probably. She turned to one of her reflections and mimicked the very stern hands-on-her-hips reflection it was giving off, returning its scowl with one of equal fervor.

Then the lights flickered out.

In the next blink, the strange wire-boned thing was close enough to her face for her to smell the metal on the air-- like the lost memory of a bloody nose.

And Isaac was running.

CUXbMAMz

wearing
see you next year. good luck baby

··
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 18:08:37 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

ELIMINATION!

[break]

You've been abandoned. The lights go out once more. Suddenly you are trapped not in a maze of mirrors, but a maze of absolute darkness. You try to feel your way forward, your fingers sliding against the cold glass of the mirrors. Yet you can make no progress without the ability to see. There is no way forward, and no way back. Isaac cannot hear you, and you cannot hear him. You are alone--trapped in the dark forever.[break][break]

has been ELIMINATED

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AREA 4 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 19:29:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she rounds another corner and wire figures begin to take form within the mirrors as the lights go out.

blacklight illuminates but barely. she fumbles slightly, tripping over her feet as darkness swirls. a soft "oop!" escapes and she makes a trotting sort of movement to keep from falling.

it lands her closer to a mirror. and when she lifts her head from her feet, she sees a wire figure moving around within the mirror.

for a moment, she moves with it, eyes narrowed in focus. is it copying her or is she copying it?

"interesting."

only... it disappears after a moment.

and then, there's only one in the hall and she doesn't need to turn around to feel its closer presence. well, fuck.

"keep going."

she murmurs it half to herself and mostly to . her steps are a little quicker than before as she tries to keep going deeper into the labyrinth.

1zz5wTs6

···
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times