awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 4:49:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Even with the threat of the meteor hanging over everyone’s heads, life still went on for the normal people.

So it was no surprise that despite Fortree being chosen as one of the places where the installations were going to be placed, there were still people coming in from other locations—hell, there was a new business opening up shop in the City of Trees despite all this.

(Maybe it was with how he helped manage things. Maybe that was why despite the dangers, the locals of Fortree were really trying their best.)

So here he was, helping move some of the other crates with some of his Psychic-types, he wasn’t going to trust his skinny noodle arms to be able to actually move those things himself. Yeah.

Little did he know he was going to be joined by someone familiar pretty soon…

VALOR: heal bell

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 6:00:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was planning on making her expedition to the Shark's Maw soon. But that didn't mean she had to make preparations for others, too! There were other Medallions of Eight to be procured, including one underneath Mount Pyre. To get there, though, she had to pass through Fortree City. It was longer, but it was better than trying to go through Mauville, whose strict noise ordinances would not permit Queen Zing flying within city limits.

As the Beedrill came up to the west side of Fortree, she briefly kicked up the intensity of her buzzing, a sharp rush of adrenaline coursing through the insect's rider from how much she was being shaken. "Yahoo!" she couldn't help but whoop when the vibration reached peak force before returning to the power of more normal flight. She bobbed along the outskirts of a small commercial district before waving to a familiar face. She removed her earplugs once the two had landed, her limbs still a bit too jelly to dismount right away. "Didn't think I'd run into you again so soon!" the wild child greeted Fortree's Leader, her vespoid mount waving a foreleg sting in greeting as the rider hung the reins on the end of the saddle containing her Pokémon's BEEDRILLITE.

{WC: 209}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Tari          Scolipede      Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Starr         Espeon         Good
Kiara         Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:14:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I live here!” he teased back as he saw just who had showed up.

“Used the fancy bow we got from there yet?” he followed up as he kept watch on his Alakazam, who was helping move the heavier crates to the storefront while remaining seated in a meditative position.

And then he noticed what she’d come riding in on…

“Isn’t… isn’t that dangerous?!” he exclaimed at the sight of the Bug-type, blinking as he took it in for a few moments.

“That’s… that’s crazy!”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:37:29 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was at first surprised to hear that Fortree was also the Leader's residence, but then she thought about it. Her old arcade friend also relocated to Mauville City when he became that place's Gym Leader. Leaders taking residence in the same city as their stationed Gym wasn't too uncommon. "I have!" she answered, slowly regaining feeling in her limbs. "Among other things I'll have to show you some time!" She seemed way too excited to catch up with her former adventuring partner.

Shalin had a sly smile on her face when she was questioned about her choice of ride. "What's dangerous about it?" Sure, reins on a Beedrill looked downright weird, but she genuinely did not understand what was so dangerous about flying on the queen Beedrill she had been with for months. A bit exotic, sure, but nothing dangerous. "She's really strong, and could even carry you!" That was not the case with Flit; Alex's wider frame meant he couldn't fit his whole body onto the Yanmega's back. "You look like you need a hand!"

{WC: 177}
{PC: 2}

Pidgeot       Zuh            Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:43:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Whoa, what?” he blinked.

He then reached for a box that didn’t look too heavy and picked it up, helping haul the lighter crates and containers that his Alakazam hadn’t gotten to yet (see, having a Psychic-type that was a powerful, well-practiced user of its powers made moving heavy shit easy), he’d decided to pick off some of the other containers that hadn’t been touched yet.

“No. No way. That’s too… isn’t that deafening?!” he exclaimed as he balanced the box that contained books and walked after the floating crates—the books, apparently, were cookbooks that were going to be some part of the display that the new shop was going to be building up.

“And how can… how can a Beedrill reasonably carry a human?” he followed up once he’d returned after dropping off the box of books in the store where all the heavier crates that had been moved so far were already located.

…because let’s be real, most of the Bug-types he’d seen so far were… just… too small to reasonably ride on, and safely at that!

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:01:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Flit and Queen Zing weren't the only Bug-type mount Pokémon Shalin had now; she had close to an entire squad of different species that could carry her. Alex's reaction was understandable, but the girl was several steps ahead of him. "Without earplugs, sure!" she answered, finally getting enough feeling in her limbs to safely dismount. "That's why I have some on me all the time!"

The green-haired girl walked in front of the yellow insect, the two embracing one another in friendly love. Alex could see the saddled Beedrill clearly now, the gear designed specifically for the species. "She's a really strong queen!" She would have proven her point, but without her earplugs in, the buzzing would actually have been deafening.

"Some of those look really heavy," the explorer noted the sheer size of some of the boxes that needed to be moved. "I have the Pokémon for it! Kiara, Starr, Tari, let's go!" She sent out her Pyroar, Espeon, and Scolipede, all of which were also equipped for carrying people or cargo. Just how many giant insects did this girl have? With some creative use of ALLY SWITCH and some good old-fashioned muscle, she was able to start loading her Pokémon up with boxes to be moved.

{WC: 211}
{PC: 3}

Pidgeot       Zuh            Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:20:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Most Beedrill I’ve seen in the wild are… incredibly hostile,” he hummed quietly as he picked up another box—this one labeled ‘breakables’, so he knew he had to be careful with this one.

He could only ponder quietly as he moved first one, then two, and then three boxes of breakable things into the store proper (he suspected that these were the plates and teapots, or something along those lines) as he returned.

“Oh, some of the boxes have ‘fragile’ on them, be careful when you do that,” he pointed out as he returned in time to see her hugging the much-larger than normal Bug type.

“Also… did you catch your Beedrill, or was this specially bred for you?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:40:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin knew that Beedrill were very hostile species. There was a reason their territories were well-studied; Beedrill venom was potent, especially coming from the rear barb. Their venom was commonly used by thugs and criminals not only for its effectiveness, but for how plentiful it was. The species were mostly dangerous pests. "I'll leave those to you, then; Starr, Kiara, and Tari are reliable, but they might be a bit rough of a ride. Leave the heavy stuff to us."

"She was actually my first catch when I came back to Hoenn permanently," Shalin answered, her light southern Johtonian accent a little stronger than she'd like it to be. "Just like we do, Pokémon have personalities. And sometimes, they buck trends." Queen Zing did her best to smile, but it was difficult to interpret open mandibles as anything but smiling. "She'd never hurt anyone unprovoked. I've known her for months, and she actually loves carrying guests on her back. Once we're done here, you should try! It's a lot of fun."

{WC: 172}
{PC: 4}

Zuh           Pidgeot        Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:53:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah, I’ll take care of the breakables, I can’t imagine the owner’s face if we accidentally break them!”

Between the both of them, moving the boxes and crates was done in record time—with his Alakazam finally deigning to move the last of the heavier crates into the store proper, the owner of the business could finally get to unpacking everything they’d helped move over.

Once he’d returned from dropping off the last box full of breakables, he took another look at the Beedrill. Honestly, the thought of high-speed vibration was…terrifying, for the most part.

“Doesn’t like… the high-speed vibration cause… disturbances in the air?” he asked her as he dusted his hands off before apologizing for a bit and turning to look over at the owner who’d come out to thank them with a basket of fruit to share between them and their Pokémon.

The Alakazam then levitated an apple from the selection and disappeared with it—

“Pft, he always does that,” he continued with a shake of his head and a grin as he looked over the contents of the basket. There was so much fruit in it.

“You know… when the store opens, I’m going to come down here. You should, too. Who knows?” he added with a little spinning gesture from his free hand.

As for the Beedrill…

“I’ll have to think about it,” he replied—there, that was a safe answer. “Avians are more my speed, but we’ll see.”

He’d already had enough of his boyfriend’s pissy Vespiquen to last a lifetime, if he was being honest!

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 10:12:20 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Alex did have a point as the two finished their job; it seemed like the store had the smaller boxes under control. Her two flying insects' wings were extremely powerful, Flit's in particular routinely uprooting grass and small plants when he took off. Shalin was well aware, and it was time to educate the Birdfather on why insect flight was safe! "It's like how Bug Buzz works. You would think an attack like that would affect an area around it, rather than attack a single Pokémon. That is the very principle that allows flying insects to be ridden safely in the first place."

If she wasn't in the middle of the city, she would have brought the queen out to demonstrate. Perhaps there would be an opportunity another time. "Sure, you would be sitting only feet from her wings beating over a hundred times s second," Shalin bragged of her Beedrill's vibration rate, which was actually well above that, "but earplugs stop that from being dangerous. Yes, they do cause disturbances, one from each wing. Being in one is not at all harmful; some even think it's massage-like. It's being where the two intersect that's dangerous, what with two different disturbances trying to tear the air in different directions. That kind of vibration is what Yanmega are known for. But the way the fields are shaped, they never intersect where a rider would sit."

Shalin sent most of her team back out to gorge on the pile of fruits, Queen Zing getting an orange stuck on one of her mandibles briefly. "Those are fun, too! Might have to show you Queen Zing at your Gym sometime!"

{WC: 277}
{PC: 5}

Zuh           Pidgeot        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
moving in [s][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:31:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: