awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 5:10:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

For him to be all the way out in Oldale City was—in and on itself extremely unusual.

The reasoning for this was that Alexei mostly preferred to stick to Eastern Hoenn as a whole, however word of a fire that had broken loose (and resulted in a powerful explosion) that had leveled another part of Oldale was…

What was up with the little town?!

Was it turning into Littleroot 2.0?!

So here he was, in the aftermath of the fire being extinguished and helping the locals rebuild—

Because who else would be around?

It didn’t help that there were people starting to gather near where he was working, hauling some wood over.

(Oops.)

VALOR: Fighting Fire (aftermath) tied to this

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 6:16:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
By now, Shalin was on several RangerNet email lists. She was an honorary Ranger at this point; she had done more Ranger work than many newer recruits that were officially contracted into the program. She had several higher-ups clamoring to recruit her, given how good of a job she had done independently. It was only a matter of time before she formally joined, but it wasn't quite that time. Yet. What was the title of Ranger, anyway? It was just a title. She was capable of helping out Hoennians in need, title or no.

Unfortunately, as much as she loved flying on her bobbing Beedrill, Oldale Town was out of the wasp's range, even with the added range ten minutes of Mega Evolution would get her. Having needed range, she arrived at a smoldering neighborhood in southeast Oldale Town, circling for a landing aboard Zuh, the Pidgeot she had captured in a unique way. While soaring toward Dewford Town, she had ambushed Zuh while she was wild, rode on her back, and tuckered the bird out during her attempts to dislodge the girl. She still had a wild personality, an uncommanded barrel roll keeping her on her toes on the way into town, but the landing itself was perfect. "Ah, there you are," Shalin waved to Alex. flipping her helmet's visor up. Observing the big Silph Cup race made her realize that with how much she rode Pokémon, a visored helmet would be a priceless investment.

{WC: 247}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Levy          Milotic        Good
Zuh           Pidgeot        Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Starr         Espeon         Good
Kiara         Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:09:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He’d just finished hauling wood to the pile and was on his way back to get another plank when a familiar voice interrupted him.

“Ooh, surprise seeing you here,” he began in greeting as he leaned his weight on the plank of wood he’d taken. “I thought you were mostly out in the wild world, exploring every single dungeon out there?” he teased her, as he dragged the plank along.

Apparently he still wasn’t allowed to heft heavy weights on his shoulder (because he was sure a certain someone would flip his shit if he found out, whoops) so in a way…

He was here out of sight of the Frog, pitching in his little help.

“Got some time to spare to help out?” he asked her, hoping she wasn’t too busy or anything like that.

“Rebuilding’s going on, I’m helping haul supplies over.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:25:15 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin giggled at Alex's teasing. "I've been busy!" While Alex was dragging a timber to the construction site, Shalin withdrew Zuh and showed the Leader her multicolored spoils. "Remember the Gale Medallion?" she showed the green, hand-sized medallion with a Therian Tornadus bust emblazoned upon it. "There's four more where that one came from!" One by one, she shuffled through them: the Night Medallion, Yveltal's face emblazoned upon it; the Glacial Medallion, Articuno's; the Chrome Medallion, Regigigas'; and finally, the Mirage Medallion, Volcanion's. "I got three left, but they're in downright dangerous locations. Makes the Braviary's Nest a cakewalk by comparison."

That was enough small talk, though. There would be time to catch up later. She stowed the five medallions and send out some of her Pokémon that could help. "Kiara, Starr, let's go!" She released a geared-up fire-type Pokémon Alex may have previously recognized as a Litleo, as well as a saddled Espeon that looked only strong enough for a lithe person like Shalin to mount. "These two are going to help out a lot!" The Pyroar in particular looked big and strong, even enough for Alex to hop on if he wanted. That big pile of planks had their name on it, and Shalin had a unique way of moving them. She just needed to get her Pokémon in position.

{WC: 225}
{PC: 2}

Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:30:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Wait, wait hold up a second—there’s how many more?!” he exclaimed as he hauled—well, dragged—the wooden plank along.

Noodle body, noodle arms. Thankfully the ground was well-abused and tamped down so dragging the planks along was easy.

If she already had five, and there were three more—he then remembered something.

“Did you find out what that warning meant?” he asked her presently, having returned to grab some more wood and bring it over to where a house was being rebuilt from the ground up.

“Because I have the maps you asked for.”

The air still had a faint, lingering sooty scent on it—the remnants of a fire and an explosion that had happened quite recently.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:49:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Alex seemed genuinely distressed by how many additional Medallions of Eight there were. "There are seven more in total, for a grand total of eight." Kiara and Starr got into position to start hauling planks to the construction site, but they would do it Shalin's way. Certainly an unorthodox way. Both of the quadrupedal Pokémon bounded toward where Alex was dragging his piece of wood. "Starr, ALLY SWITCH!" The psychic-type's red forehead gem started glowing, she and a large timber disappearing in a flash of white light. The two reappeared seconds later, juxtaposed. "Now, ALLY SWITCH with Kiara!" She faced the big lion, and the two of them traded places in the same way."

"I did find out what the warning was about," Shalin answered Alex's question. "I was able to find some maps of my own, and concluded the Spectacle Rock in Sootopolis is inside an underwater cave within the island itself. And that's how I learned where the rest of the Medallions are, and that there are eight of them." Kiara had bounded back toward the Espeon, and the two were back to where they had started.

{WC: 190}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:16:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of Sootopolis, he was alarmed.

“There’s… there’s something you have to know about the place in general.”

After he’d managed to move another couple of planks of wood over to the pile that looked reasonably plenty, he then turned his attention to the cans of paint that needed moving next. Now this, he could do.

Hefting two cans of paint and several rollers into his hands, he then continued moving stuff over.

“Sootopolis is under Rocket control, so I don’t think you can get in that easy.”

Especially if one was heavily-affiliated or a high-ranking League official… like himself.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:26:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Oh, I found that out quickly," Shalin chirped back quickly as she continued to supervise her efficient operation of transporting construction supplies. They had plenty of wood for now. With Starr only being able to teleport one can of paint at a time, it would be more efficient to load Tari up with them. She began putting paint cans on top of the poison-type's exoskeleton, trying to minimize the amount of the can's surface that could be coated with the Pokémon's venom.

"On a vehicle, absolutely not. But with a fairly small Pokémon and a bit of ingenuity, sure. Besides, I don't think they know about Spectacle Rock, because it wasn't that well patrolled." The location being underwater helped, too. "The place didn't look disturbed when I went inside. I didn't get very far, though."

As Tari brought the first load of cans back, Starr ready to ALLY SWITCH with the Bug-type so the next set could be loaded onto her ally's back immediately, Shalin went over her findings inside. "Without the Medallions of Eight, no one can enter the Halls of Origin. Supposedly there is something within that will turn the war substantially in one side's favor. And I don't want Rocket in on that."

{WC: 208}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:33:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Halls of Origin…

Now something like that screamed of ‘legendary tales’ and boy he was going to zoom in on that.

After he’d dropped off the load of cans and painting supplies he’d brought over, he then grabbed a couple more cans and made his way over to where the volunteers were now grabbing the cans of paint, ready to paint another recently-erected house with bright colors.

“Speaking of that ‘Halls of Origin’… I have a proposition for you.”

Once he’d dropped off the armload of supplies he’d hauled over, he then came to a stop to catch his breath and rest a little.

“Mind if I pick your brain about that? See, I fancy myself a collector of lore, and… well… I can’t help but wonder if that place you mentioned is similar to another supposed legendary location in another region.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 9:48:58 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin noticed that Starr and Tari were starting to slow down after so many rounds of carrying and teleporting heavy supplies back and forth. The Espeon in particular had to be mentally spent. While the trainer didn't truly understand psychic powers yet, she at least knew they were as taxing as normal Pokémon moves. Even Alex looked exhausted. After the last batch of supplies had been unloaded, Shalin withdrew her Pokémon and collapsed next to Alex on a nearby bench.

"I'm still learning about them, too," Shalin admitted she didn't know that much about the Halls of Origin yet. She, too, had interest in a couple of legendary Pokémon, though most notably the Apprentice of the Sacred Swords, Keldeo. "But I can share what I have. I've got some articles lined up, too, but I'm having difficulty finding a publisher. Been meaning to share some of Nariya Expeditions' greatest stories. That's the name of my expeditionary venture."

{WC: 160}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
rebuild [m][valor]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:30:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: