2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 19:59:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Mauville Base looked very much the same and very different from the last time Chu-e was here. The building were the same, only cleaner. Nicer. had done a good job with the upkeep.

He is stopped at the gate, of course he is, but Chu-e just smiles and offers apologies. He didn't mean to show up so suddenly, the normal dose of getting people to soften up.

His basket of goods is checked. Just food and plates inside. Nothing bad. Not this time.

Chu-e waits to see if Doug can see him. Will let him in. There was business to discuss.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 3:56:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

gilded ginger

how are you still alive? .

He wasn't quite sure of what he was expecting as he personally made his way to the camp's entrance.

He had a guest. A rare thing nowadays, given that he no longer entertained challengers in his installations, but not the reason the youth was so apprehensive.

No, the reason for that was that the gatekeepers had claimed the visitor was one Ji-hoon Ki in their report. Problem with that was... Ji-hoon Ki was dead, last he heard.

And yet, as the gates opened and he stood at Winstrate's entrance, he found himself faced with, indeed, Ji-hoon Ki.

He couldn't help himself. He made a show of looking around, mouth opening and closing as his arms gestured erratically, before they settled on his hips as he huffed at the man.

"Are the dead crawling out of their graves or somethin'? Nothing too weird for Hoenn, I guess." He cracked out, shifting his weight as he looked Ki and his basket up and down.

If he was a zombie, he was a remarkable well preserved one. Maybe he was a ghost instead? The supernatural was terribly common in this goddamn region.

"Well. Zombie or ghost or whatever, 'suppose I can't turn you away now." He pointed to himself as he scratched at his chin, before grinning. "Follow me. I know where to picnic."
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 4:21:52 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e gives a delighted gasp when he sees the other. He, of course, quickly pushes the basket into 's arms.
Intending to make the other carry it; it was only fair! He cooked it!

"you've gotten so big!" A small laugh and Chu-e grabbed the other's arm to give a squeeze. "You could break a log in two!
What have you been eating?"
He happily followed after, letting the other lead the way.

When they were far enough away from unfamiliar ears, Chu-e spoke again.

"You're not as wrong about that 'Zombie' bit as you thing." Sighing, Chu-e shook his head. "I wish this was just a social visit to catch up. I need your help. And... I want to talk about ."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 22:22:37 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

gilded ginger

how are you still alive? .

Doug only puffed his chest up a little at the attractive older man's compliment, before oofing as a basket was immediately shoved into his arms next.

He snorted; figures.

"Thanks for noticing~! You know how it goes... push-ups, sit ups and plenty o'juice!" Doug said with a chuckle. "A lifetime subscription to 's gymnasium don't hurt either."

The man knew his irons and his protein shakes, and Doug was only too happy to syphon the knowledge on his ever advancing quest to becoming shredded as hell.

Doug led Ki to the Camp's gardens; the largest part of the compounds, mostly occupied by plant life and the soldiers' pokemon; mostly Doug's. Once they stood at the peak of the small hill overlooking the flowery poppy fields, Doug set down the basket before dropping on his bum, considering the earlier words he taken in silence.

Not as wrong as he thought? ominous. Was the supernatural actually involved again...?

"Eris? Something wrong?" He asked, brows knitting together with worry briefly before shook his head. Couldn't be too bad if Ki was this calm. Last time Eris had been missing, the man had looked sick. "Nevermind. Ask away, Ki. I'll do whatever I can."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 2:25:43 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
better be patient, because Chu-e leaves him hanging for a bit. Spot chosen by Doug's ass, Chu-e opens the basket and takes out a blanket to lay out. Then food for them is placed neatly; at some point Doug might be able to tell that Chu-e is stalling.

A bottle of grape juice is plucked from the basket and opened. He takes a long, long drink...

"My name isn't Ji-Hoon Ki."

May as well rip the bandage off fast.

"It's Chu-e Choi. Eris is in Rocket. I am, too." He squeezes the bottle. It crinkles under his fingers. "I don't want either of us to be in Rocket anymore."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 16:20:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

gilded ginger

What—

There was comfortable silence between them. He had found out that one his friends was still alive, the weather was great, and they were spending time together for the first time in over a year.

Lying down on the blanket underneath them, the youth dragged his cap over his face before gathering his hands underneath his head, breathing in deeply the grassy air and blowing winds.

Chu-e Choi Avatar
"My name isn't Ji-Hoon Ki."

He twitched ever so slightly, one eye slowly prying open to side eye Ki lazily.

"It's not?" He asked lazily, yawning and not looking too surprised.

Ki was ' 'father'. That alone revealed much, if you knew as much as him.

And yet.

Whatever relaxation he had felt until then vanishes completely as a familiar name is spoken.

"... Who would?" He says slowly from where he still lays, frozen in place.

What... should he do...?

"Why are you telling me?" He mutters after a moment, hands clamped around locks of hair underneath his head.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 16:47:58 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I trust you." It usually came down to that, didn't it? He can't bring himself to look at . So he doesn't. He just starts to peel the wrapper from the outside of the bottle as he keeps talking.

"I know if something happens to me, you'll still look out for Eris." Is what he finally continues. A sigh and he drops the bottle, tucking long strands of hair behind his ear.

"I joined Rocket when I was her age. I was stupid and angry and dumb. They trapped me, Doug. For years and years."

A frown.

"I don't want that for her. I'll die again if it means getting her out."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
gilded ginger
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 13:19:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

gilded ginger

What—

He had already known 'Ki' was a Rocket.

The youth had the bridge of his nose pinched, head tilted far back as he tried to breath properly.

He just hadn't known which Rocket.

"You guys just don't play fair at all, do you?" He said shakily.

Dagnabbit.

How did this keep happening? How did he keep getting involved with Rockets? Why did he keep caring for them?

Even for monsters like Chu-e Choi?

"Yer a lot easier to hate over the radio." He mumbled through grit teeth, breath shakey.

Of course even for monsters like Chu-E Choi. He actually knew the guy now. Thought he knew him, at any rate. He knew Eris— how could he hate them, specially when he came asking him for help?

He knew his history with Rocket. That he still approached him... he didn't know if he should feel flattered or furious.

"... What're ya gonna do?" He asked after a moment, finally willing himself to look at one of the several men that had made his childhood hell. "From the sounds of it, you are 'bout to die."

But then— wasn't that the fate of all who abandoned rocket?
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights