2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 13:28:20 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
What better way to spend the night before the end of the world, than enjoying the simple pleasures of sand between your toes and indulging in defiant abandon beneath the orange haze of a campfire?

With a bottle of Figyberry liquor in one hand and the even warmer company of found family, Angelo certainly couldn't think of wanting anything else.

They'd claimed an abandoned piece of beach just before golden hour, seizing the familiar stretch of sand overlooked by a stubborn, ramshackle house for themselves.

When the stars arrived, life buzzed on Figycove in disobedient rebellion of grim omens, louder than this small bay had seen in some time.

Standing before the warm glow of their generously sized pyre, Angelo tosses another piece of kindling in. Enjoying the chorus of greedy pops and crackles.

That should last us most of the night,” he says as he steps back to stand beside a beloved silhouette.

At the feel of a tap on his ankle, Angelo leans down to pour some more into a pink-tinted Sammy's cup.

Longer than the booze, at this rate.” He smiles, unconcerned as he takes a swig of sweet, bottled heat himself.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 15:58:14 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler watches stars twinkle in the spaces between her splayed fingers as she raises them against the velvet expanse of sky. The crackling of the nearby fire bathes them in warm amber, pushing against the encroaching darkness with stubborn resolve. 

The eve of the end of the world finds Skyler heedlessly indulging in whatever slakes her greediness. Booze. Warmth. Freedom. Sex. Angelo.

From beneath dark lashes, a silver gaze drags itself languidly up Angelo's silhouette as he approaches, framed against the canvas of her fingers.

"And I'm the bad influence." Sammy is looking distinctly pink-hued. The captain idly wonders whether that is due to Figyberry properties or just the alcohol. Maybe both. "Reckon he'll be hungover tomorrow?"

A brief glance at her own arm reassures her that, at least for the moment, she's still her usual sun-kissed self. Nevermind the flushed cheeks and the liquor-tinted lips.

Sand granules stick to the back of her neck when she rises into a sitting position. A hand reaches out to her husband, eyes flicking to the bottle in his hand in silent request - or demand.

With Skyler, you could never really tell.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 16:41:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
He is a Gulpin. I wouldn't bet on it.” There's a rough edge to Angelo's chuckle, snagging against his Figyberry slicked throat. “But if he's lucky, he'll sleep through most of tomorrow.

An amused smile chases after Sammy as he slowly, almost gingerly, carves a trail through the sand in the direction of a lone Dorado. Their pokémon finding comfort in the company of each other, huddled in groups beneath the constant glow of the descending meteor.

Lowering himself down beside Skyler when she rises, he finds their shoulders brushing together as they sit beside one another. At ease with her, even beneath a beautifully damned night.

Movement ensnares his attention. Blue eyes dragging over towards his wife, latching onto her expectant stare of magnetic silver.

Angelo holds onto her attention greedily. Demanding it remain suspended between them, even as he takes the bottle to his lips.    

An eyebrow lifts, prompting. “Yes?

He knew exactly what she wanted.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 17:43:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Dorado opens a malevolent yellow eye to watch Sammy's slow shuffle in his direction. Despite the initial disgruntled huff, and after a few reluctant seconds, the feline eventually makes space by his side for the Gulpin to rest.

Atalanta and Ankaa watch the whole spectacle from the nearby greenery, amused, the beginnings of what could be a nest craddling the two together. Junior snores loudly in-between.

By the fire, however, war is waged. Skyler's brows knit together in apparent displeasure at Angelo's lackluster response. A familiar tension pulls taut between them, far warmer than the crackling flames and the liquor in his possession.

Skyler has never been one to be denied; what would not be given could very well be taken.

And given the glint of challenge in his eyes, her husband was well aware of it. Expecting it, probably.

Well, who was she to deny him?

Her movements are deliberately languid when she twists to cage Angelo between her arms. Giving him all the time to move away. "I remember a night like this, long ago, Angel," is breathed along the line of his jaw, "remember what happened then?"

Then, too, he'd withdrawn something from her. She still remembers his expression vividly as she'd straddled his torso and taken the drink to her mouth. Proud. Victorious.

This time, however, when she lays claim to what is hers she does it by taking it directly from Angelo's lips.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 19:39:23 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Some things never change. Like how Skyler leans into his challenge so readily and how he greets it. How he stokes the flame.

I remember.” He muses against her temple when she closes the distance, lowering the bottle. “I remember you were just as easy to rile up then as you are now.

Angelo's mouth is curled, sharp and tempting, when she claims the kiss he'd beckoned her for.

Languorously, he savours the taste of Figy berries and her, dancing a heated haze upon his tongue when Skyler parts her lips.

He knows with certainty which is more intoxicating. It's in part why he breaks their kiss short, blunt nails rasping against the back of her sandy neck.

Feeling nostalgic?” It's less a question as it is a provocation to relive early memories.

Only it wouldn't play exactly as it had so long ago, when he'd hesitated to take what he'd wanted. Be it claiming a gloriously fierce woman lording over him or otherwise.

This time, Angelo is the one inviting her onto his lap, guiding temptation with callused digits, squeezed against the neck.

Hers and the bottle both.

You want it? Says his scheming smirk. Come and get it.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 17:51:51 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She doesn't bother denying Angelo's statement, especially when his taste is a lingering taunt on her tongue. He pulls away to the sound of her annoyed whine turned breathy when nails dig into the back of her neck. 

Silver eyes peel open, darkened mercury alight with threat and flickering flame - hers and the fire's alike. 

"No." Skyler allows the provocation to slide down her spine like a caress, leisurely follows its trail to the too-smug curl of her husband's mouth. It looks far better, she knows, busy with far more pleasurable activities. 

She traces every inch of it with her eyes first, entranced, then with the rough surface of her thumb. She better give it something worthwhile to do.

Skyler offers no resistance when Angelo invites her to his lap. Sliding her legs onto either side of him is a natural thing, and caging him between the warmth of her thighs more so.

His brown locks are gilded amber by the nearby campfire, she notices, but it's his eyes that ensnare her.

She sees herself in them, or some part of herself he’d stolen for himself. Just like he did her Figyberry Liquor, and which he was purposefully keeping out of reach. Daring her to take it.

"I want the future, not the past." His. Hers. Theirs.

"Now, will you give me the bottle, Vestri?" Her teeth nip on the flesh of his bottom lip as she looms over him, casting a shadow on the pilot. "Or will I have to force you to heel?"

They both know where this is going.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 23:41:14 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
By the time Skyler slides onto his lap, mimicking the effortlessness of the tide crawling up the beach, her prompting thumb had been attended to.

Pinched divots left imprinted on her gently kissed skin, inspired by the way campfire flames dance mesmerising waves in her enchanted stare - dangerous and warm.

What was that, Dross? 'Kneel'?” Comes a husky chuckle against her skin, insolence roughened by liquor and want seeping through. “Tempting proposition.

His tongue teases her mouth. “Maybe I could be persuaded to give you both. If you show me beg, first.

After dangling temptation between them, he finally presses the bottle into Skyler's waiting palms. Leaving her with something to fill his absence on her lips when his body casually lounges back in their blanket of sand. An elbow alone keeping him upright.

Bitten lips, lovingly punished, soften at the corners. “So, sunshine, tell me.

Half-lidded eyes slowly drag up, taking his time to drink in the confident silhouette of his wife bathed in the sunset coloured glow of the campfire. How right she looks, feels, there. With him.

He'd never tire of this, of her, he knows.

Taking his hand to her thigh, fingertips scratch sweet, languorous lines along the curve of his warm cage. Posing her the unsung question of who'd really been ensnared.

This future you want. What's it like?” He asks, when his gaze finally completes its appreciative journey. Considering the depths of silver.  

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 13:04:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The taste of Figyberry Liquor, when she takes it to her lips, has the sweet tang of victory. She takes her time with it, not knowing which pleases her more: the warmth that coats her tongue or the weight of Angelo's gaze while he remains beneath her.

Both. All. Skyler has never made an effort to curb her desires, greed and lust and pride intertwined in an unholy crescendo. Silver finds Angelo over the lip of the bottle, glowing brightly with a smug sort of satisfaction.

And she'd never apologize for it either.

A drop of liquor drops down her chin and Skyler wipes it off with the back of her hand. The other remains steadfast around the neck of the bottle. It seems, for all intents and purposes, that it wouldn't go back to Angelo anytime soon if Skyler had anything to say about it.

"Hmmm..." His question is considered with a thoughtful frown, marred only by a breathy sigh when his nails drag over the skin of her thigh. Unbidden, her teeth sink into her bottom lip. Her thighs tense.

"I have a whole fleet of ships," she starts, gaze dragged off towards the dark ocean beyond, "that sails the Hoennian seas in the name of Nautica." In our name, goes unspoken.

"Oh! And a cabinet full of tequila."

There's more, lots more. But it stays caged behind her lips as she looks towards her husband. Expectant. Waiting. 

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 15:33:26 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
There may be no bottle in his hand but Angelo takes his fill of sweet moonshine and then some, regardless.

Greedily drinking up the intoxicating mix of their bodies kissed by the warmth of campfire glow, liquor shimmering messily down Skyler's chin and muscles tensing beneath his meandering caress. 

Angelo indulges himself further in the silence of his wife's contemplation by slowly squeezing his thumb into her thigh. Contained smugness willing for the press of her teeth into her lip again. 

A whole fleet.” Skyler's answer is met with a softened, approving edge on his lips. “I'll look forward to their naming ceremonies.

An ocean blue gaze flickers briefly down to his fingertips, drawing a wave upon the canvas of her thigh as it becomes his turn to dream.

I fly beyond Hoenn's borders to explore new waters and lands. Have Nautica's name reach distant shores.

Their name, he agrees, will be like those of sea shanty's sung around campfires.

Her second desire brings about a chuckle, matching her one for one. “Tequila for you, then. And new kitchen tools for me.

Quiet lulls between them, filled by the soft crackles and pops of the burning kindling. Angelo tilts his head to the side, admiring his wife illuminated by a backdrop of floating embers. Urging her to carry on.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 16:44:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Kitchen tools?" Of all things?

Skyler blinks down at her husband, clearly flabbergasted by Angelo's choice. Even the bottle of Figyberry Liquor pauses midway to her mouth as she squints down at him. "You're spending too much time with Sammy."

Truth be told, Skyler's kitchen had never been much to write home about. Before Angelo's arrival it had seldom been used. Her cutlery then had consisted of two forks, one knife and a slightly bent spoon. While Angelo and Sammy had given it a bit of a makeover over the last few months - year? - cupboard space had also become somewhat of a hot commodity.

"I think we might have to get a bigger kitchen for that, Angel." She thinks nothing of the casually-spoken sentence, but the idea nestles into her brain regardless.

Her hand slides up the planes of Angelo's torso with deliberate slowness, basking in the warmth under the rough pad of her fingertips. She rests some of her weight on it as she drinks from the bottle. Pensive. Enjoying the pleasant shivers from Angelo's affections.

"But since we're on the subject, let's get a bigger house. Near the ocean." A pause, then the list continues. "On the beach, preferably. With plenty of space for pokemon to run around- and a dock."

A pause, then.

"And a big enough table for us, plus Dorado, Sammy, , and my family."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 20:06:17 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
"You're spending too much time with Sammy."

An eyebrow arches, Angelo fixing his wife with a half-lidded stare that forewarns the incoming dry remark like petrichor on the breeze. “And you're spending too much time with tequila.

The as if you're one to talk needn't be joked out loud. 

Maybe I wouldn't need new stuff, if mine didn't have a habit of showing up mysteriously broken.” Smugness creeps into a smile as his words stretch into a playful drawl, dangling her poorly hidden secrets. 

There was a whole graveyard somewhere out there, where all the broken spatulas, wooden spoons and crockery were laid to rest. Cause of death:

And that didn't include the ones that Angelo had brought once he'd moved in. Having, slowly but surely, turned the ship galley into the heart of the home - and a source of pride.

So what if he wanted new tools to make the food she loves? Maybe he'd get one of those air fryer things he'd heard about, too.

We could refurbish the kitchen. We're due for a new diy project.” Angelo shrugs, casually suggesting a solution. Missing the thread in favour of relishing the weight of her palm on his chest, in how Skyler's searching fingertips pulls a content hum from his throat.

How tempting it would be, to lie back basking in her liquor smoothed voice and warm touch, had her ideas not ensnared his focus. 

Listening, Angelo gazes into her eyes as she sprinkles stardust towards him, transfixed in the picture she begins to craft. 

Then we'll need a kitchen that's big enough to feed them all.

Slowly, pulled in, Angelo pushes himself up to sit.

It should have a front porch with an ocean view, where we can sit and break open your tequila stash after jobs. Or we could have a campfire on our beach.” Fingertips reach to curl around the base of the Figyberry Liquor bottle. “How's that sound?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 12:20:20 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
“And you're spending too much time with tequila.” Touché, Angelo.

"I did absolutely nothing wrong. Ever," she remarks with a wry smirk that says the complete opposite. "'S not my fault that your kitchen utensils are so breakable- or easily misplaced." The fact that they're only breakable or misplaced when she uses them, and that Angelo himself has been a witness to this, is skillfully brushed aside. There was a whole spatula incident that was still tip-toed around whenever Sammy happened to be in the vicinity.

The true victim here.

While Skyler spins this vision for their future on the cusp of a world-ending event, Angelo wastes no time in taking her words and building onto them. Not even the heat at her back or the alcohol that warms her throat compares to the electric zap of possibility that builds up within.

Our beach sounds quite nice indeed.

"I like it." Skyler grins, straghtening her back as Angelo sits up. The enthusiastic movement nearly knocks the bottle into Angelo's head as she gestures with it. "Somewhere more private, away from the city."

If only she'd look around.

"Blue. It has to be blue." When the pilot wraps his fingers around the Figycove Liquor bottle, he'd find no resistance from Skyler. "And it has an outside shower and a side entrance. For, y'know, when you want to go for a swim." 

A pause, mischief unmistakably pulling at her lips.

"And, y'know, a playroom for the kids."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 13:37:19 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
We should display our findings. Get them out of the cupboards and put them on the wall. They've been gathering dust long enough.

Angelo plucks the bottle from her loosening grip but does not yet take a sip, attention ensnared in the picture they begin to piece together. How it dangles so clear, like the blink of morse code light beyond the dense fog of their impending doom.

He likes the thought of this little beach house, situated somewhere on a stretch of golden sand that plays audience to the ocean waves.

He likes the thought of a home that was theirs. 

Lifting the bottle to his lips at that moment proved to be a poor choice of timing, for the burn of Figyberry Liquor is more so a challenge to get down, when his throat tenses in surprise. 

Kids? Quietly, managing to swallow the mouthful of alcohol without coughing, blue eyes squinting at silver. Yeah, right...

It remains there, not needing to drift down to know her lips are coated in mischief.

Children had crept into their conversations many times before. Teasing and otherwise. They knew where each other stood.

Sounds like you've got it all figured out. A big family beach home.

With a soft chuckle, his tongue swipes a stray droplet from his lips. Angelo's brow then pinching into a sombre frown of contemplation. 

But listen, baby, I know you've got your heart set on it...

Hooking a fingertip beneath a wayward curl, Angelo slowly caresses gold, tucking it behind her ear in an attentive gesture. His words, after a stretch of intentionally held tension, are whispered just as apologetically sweet. “It's got to be yellow.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 19:23:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Not a chance, Vestri."

Mischief lingers, adamant against a suspicious gaze that sees past her bullshit. That single moment of surprised stillness had felt entirely too satisfying - and it'd fed into the devilish curl of her lips, kept intimate and secretive between them.

Carefully curated just for the viewing pleasure of the pilot under her.

She should've seen his response coming. Should've expected it. And she does, sort of. Just not in this way, not when her eyes are helplessly drawn to the shape of his lips. Not when his hand reaches out to catch a stray curl and secure it behind her ear.

Skyler inhales sharply, shamelessly reveling in the thick tension between them. For the moment, the whole doomed world exists solely to serve as a backdrop to this moment. Honestly, it might as well not exist.

Her hand catches his, pressing it against the side of her face. Briefly, nails sink ever so slightly into the palm of his hand.

And then he opens his mouth.

"Definitely not a chance." A storm rolls over her expression, mercurial and temperamental. The captain slipping as passionately into belligerent as she does into amorous. Maybe, for Skyler, those two things aren't that far apart. 

The palm on his chest presses down, soon joined by another as she shoves him back against the sandy beach. Her words, when they whisper raggedly against the shell of his ear, carry within a threat. "I'm afraid this is non-negotiable, Angel." 

Or is it an invitation?

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
dance of thieves [c]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 12:16:12 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Thunder furiously cracks across her expression. Beautifully wrathful, storm cloud eyes suddenly seeking retribution from the man who dared fly into her downpour, goading the flash of a strike.

And Angelo revels in it.

For provoking her, plucking apart any attempt at composure or wit until she surges untethered, proves an unmatched sort of thrill. Satisfying in the way that makes the pulse quicken in the rush of competitiveness and arousal both.

Shame.” He drawls, savouring the words as they reach their hooks towards her.

Angelo accepts the rumpled bedsheets of sand he's pushed down to without resistance. No hint of dissatisfaction in the blue of his eyes as he looks heavy-lidded up at Skyler, bathed in enticing amber.

Why would there be? When this was exactly what he wanted.

Her. All of her.

Setting the bottle in the sand, his touch takes instead to the strong definition of his wife's bicep. Against the contrasting soft arch of the back of her neck. Drawing her closer.

Until their breaths fan over one another, hot and intoxicating like the fiery notes of their liquor.

Until his teeth find her neck.

His provocation turned husky from the dangerous lips at his ear. “I was looking forward to giving my counter argument.

He'd just have to write persuasions onto her flesh, instead.