part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:04:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

FERNANDO’S VISIT IS SINGULAR ON PAPER. he’s to check up on the contingency that eva has long sought out. the very pokemon that could, potentially, solve all their problems in one fell swoop. if only it hadn’t been damaged.

if only they had listened to him.

how is it coming along?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:13:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva greets Fernando with a warm smile and her hands shoved into the pockets of her lab coat. The ivory garment is stained with splotches of emerald from the GRASSY TERRAIN she’s spent quite some time on lately.

“A lot better now that its diet is adequate,” she’s referring to the shipment of METEONITE organized by , , and . Appropriate nutrition is key to speeding up the healing process.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:22:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

HE DOES NOT RETURN HER SMILE. they are past pleasantries. now the only mask he knows is the grim dark flatline of a heart that’s gone still. every fiber of his being revolves around METENO. there’s no point hiding the dread he bears. the knowing that he must now answer an impossible ask.

good to hear.” his eyes dart across the green stains of her coat. they tell him a story that needn’t explanation. “we have little time left. i don’t intend to waste it.

his nose wrinkles and he looks up. toward the ceiling. to where rayquaza will rise from, should his plan come to fruition.

congratulations on the promotion, professor.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:33:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s smile quickly fades into a frown as the stoic, unwelcoming façade of Fernando Silph. If anyne else in Hoenn beared a similar burden, it was Eva. A lot of her research fueled the Primal Points the League was depending on to literally teleport an entire meteor to save their world. Although he still didn’t agree with the plan, it’s been set into motion beyond her control at this point, “Nor do I,” she states plainly, following his gaze to the ceiling.

The one thing she clung to that she could control (to a degree) was the dragon and doing everything she could to speed the healing process along.

“Hm,” is all she has to say to his congratulations. The promotion meant little when tomorrow wasn’t guaranteed and nothing changed. It was just a title she’d barely use, “What’s up, Fern?” she draws her gaze back down to him, “I know you didn’t just come to say hi,” he never does.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:02:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

“INDEED.” this time he’s upfront about it. “i came in to check on our contingency. glad to see it is doing well. thankfully, some of us are able to bring about results.

speaking of which, i presume you’ll stand behind me to ensure this,” he gestures toward rayquaza or more prominently, it’s fate in being both damaged, recovered, and ineffective. “in assuring none of this happens again.

he clears his throat before clarifying. “at least, within our powers to be.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:23:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Our contingency?

Eva could easily think of a time when Fernando called her mad for dreaming of alternatives to ’s plan. He discouraged it, in fact. Told her she shouldn’t waste her time; she should focus on making sure the current plan was perfect.

Now look at him: invested in it.

The ridges of her brow pinch as she glances towards the dragon, “I’m not quite sure I get what you mean,” she admits with caution.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:30:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

“WHY IS RAYQUAZA IN SUCH A STATE?” is his first question on this journey. such answers never come easily. he finds this method easier to digest despite how much everyone else hates it.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:34:41 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva hates this game when played on her, despite supporting the idea of finding the answers on one’s own. They always seemed to stick better that why. As someone who has mentored lab assistants, she’s used this tactic many times before.

Recognizing it, she sighs, reluctant to play along but she does so anyway, “Kyurem trapped it in Never-Melt-Ice.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:37:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

“IN KYUREM’S REALM,” he adds on. “the one you saved it from.

he bows his head both at her correct answer and in acknowledgement for her efforts. it’s more leeway than he’ll give despite both their involvements.

how did it get there?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:46:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The thought of the Ice Dragon’s realm makes her shiver. The chill never quite left her. Freya was right when she said it sticks with you. More often times then not, she’s plagued by NIGHTMARES from that realm.

“A primal crystal,” she sighs, but is quick to defend those involved, “They didn’t know better, and it attacked them. They were defending themselves,” and in their defense a certain combination of mega-evolutions and z-moves activated the crystal to the frequency of Kyurem’s realm. This was before the nature of primal energy was well-understood, “I don’t blame them but . . . yes, I see your point,” she leans back on her heels and looks up at the ceiling, “It’s dangerous.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:52:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

“I CONCUR,” is his way of weaseling past her defense. “no one could have foreseen rayquaza’s appearance and subsequent behavior. because, at that time, we did not that about PRIMAL SHARDS.

hopefully, that will be enough to allow his offense to hit home. like a poison, he works slow and insidiously.

and what were we hoping to accomplish by tampering with a force we did not understand?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:05:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Unfortunately, some of the greatest discoveries come from horrific mistakes. Without failure, there would be no success, “I’m not quite sure what they were trying to accomplish, honestly,” she read the report, the reason sanctioned the crystal and allowed it to be put atop the tower. Thy were looking for something else, a pokemon she has researched little: Volcanion. The purpose was never made clear to Eva though, "The protection of Hoenn, perhaps?" That was her reasoning for searching for Rayquaza, after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:11:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

“PROTECTION FROM WHAT?”

the ultra beast had been handled. the dome had not been erected. peace times in hoenn are rare but not non-existent. when the future read back on this era, the time frame of this incident would be marked as during an ‘intermission’.

a wave of his hand dismisses the point and cuts the conversation short. she should get the main idea by now.

how many times must we repeat the same mistake? and how many times will we ask the people of hoenn to pay that price? balder and ultra space. the primal shard and rayquaza. team rocket and the darkest day.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:23:21 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Fernando is not wrong. Due to the recklessness of many, Hoenn has suffered countless times. Rarely were their intentions pure. A part of Eva, the empathtic kindness that coats her core, understands to an extent. Curiosity is a hard thirst to quench. But when it came to selfish gains like the reach for power or riches, there were no excuses, “Hindsight’s 20/20 I guess, huh?” perhaps Fernando wasn’t in the mood for jokes. Volcanion was certainly the least of their worries compared to present day.

“Unfortunately humanity tends to repeat its mistakes,” they’re never satiated. Even brilliant minds like Illeana chose to ignore the greater good in favor of selfish pursuits such as her search for Ultraspace and the Sinnoh gods, “They won’t listen to us,” the masses, the people, they barely trusted the League.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EMERALD
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 7:19:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EMERALD

THE COLOR OF AVARICE

“THEIR HINDSIGHT IS FORESIGHT THEY CHOSE TO IGNORE,” he correct expeditiously. there will be no jokes or deflecting from this matter. he must be quick to nip it in the bud.

they do not need to listen to us. but we must say it. should anything happen during the operation, i need to know you will continue to say as such in my stead.