played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
SCOUT [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 0:28:13 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The sharp, bitter stench of morning frost nipped at the admin's nose as he approached the entrance of the small, podunk town.

Littleroot.

Prior to their giant, organization-wide meeting, the small town hadn't even crossed his mind. It was so out of the way, so forgettable, that a giant wormhole could erupt at its center, gobble it whole, and there still wouldn't be a single report documenting the incident. Or, at least, that was what he originally thought. Now, with set plans to trample these grounds in less than a month's time, it was Felix's responsibility to completely flip and switch and take down detailed notes on every spec within these shitty gates.

To ensure the success of this visit, he brought along an unfamiliar face to help scout out the premises. .

"What do you think?"

His half-lidded eyes flicked to his left, taking note of the muted yellow building that first welcomed their arrival.

"Is it worth as much as they say?"
mission

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
SCOUT [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 0:37:04 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Admittedly, Lex hadn’t worked much with Felix. In fact, she never really thought about working with him in any capacity. His rise to admin did not go unnoticed but Lex kept a very tight circle.

The Beast was still bitter about the dismissal of Mossdeep. Littleroot was a terrible idea and she loathed the fact that she may have to spend her last living day fighting within it. Surely, with a well-placed smile she could have easily been reassigned to accompany to the stars but that is not where the Beast belonged. Her element was not space or science.

“It looks about as dreadfully boring as I imagined,” she’s never been to Littleroot – there was never a need. Soon, they’d need to defend it, “It better not be a portal to Ultraspace,” she growls with discontent, “I don’t trust that Megalopolan.”

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
SCOUT [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 0:52:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Neither do I."

Felix was far from a social butterfly, but even he could taste the discontentment that slipped from her words. At least they were on the same page.

After reaching the town's center (which took no more than a second), the admin took a second to pause, wanting to spend some time surveying their surroundings. If they were to attack, even under the pretenses of it being a surprise, he knew better than to do so without scouring out possible strongholds for defense, should they ever get cornered. It came second nature to him. A habit he'd have to die before fully ridding himself of it.

"I still don't see this place's worth." he looked back down toward the beast, voice hushed to barely a whisper. "Even if there's infinity energy here."

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
SCOUT [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:06:01 GMT

At least they were on the same page when it came to Littleroot. What a disappoint. They’d at least have each other’s backs on that dreaded day.

“Infinity energy?” Lex raised her brow and turnd to glance at Felix, “I don’t think that’s what the megalopolans are after,” it was something bigger than they can probably imagine. And considering Hoenn’s history, it would probably try to kill them all.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
SCOUT [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:12:15 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"For us, i mean. I don't see this place being worth our time."

There was no telling what the megalopolans were truly after. Felix as hell didn't know.

"Even if they come to hoenn," he continued, now referring to the megalopolans, "I doubt it'd be for this town."

Maybe Mt pyre. Maybe Sootopolis. Maybe even Slateport.

Just not Littleroot.

"Either way, we'll need to come prepared for anything. Including wormholes."

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
SCOUT [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:19:00 GMT

Littleroot had many flaws. Rocket seemed to be focused on the energy that dwelled beneath it. Whatever it was, blinded them to the Megalopolan’s manipulation and the danger that this mission posed. When it all went to shit, she’d be there to say “told ya so” but also probably die at the same time.

“Ugh, yeah, anything,” the idea of Ultraspace made her stomach curl. She would rather be in real space than Ultraspace.

“We should try and find the best route to the Theater . . . and away from it,” when all hell breaks loose, “We should also try and scope out their Primal Point.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights