1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 20:15:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
After his battle with had gone as well as it possibly could have, Amor decided to just vanish out of the so-called danger zone. So he was making his way through the little valley with protective walls on either side of him, and when he came out the other side, what he saw was a massive cluster. They were all next to the prize, and he just internally sighed. Though he perked up when he saw his favorite target among them, and he was going to make his way up to her, but then he got distracted by a flash of red. So he halted, much to his own confusion.

He thought it was someone else, someone he had met briefly in a shop, where he had to break a mans leg, but it wasn't her. Which made him a little disappointed. Though she was an unknown to him, and she was guarding the Primal Point. So that meant she had to be on the Leagues side.

"My birthday must be year round." He spoke he approached with his sword drawn. "I keep running into my favorite's...." That however was the end of the conversation, time was running out, and he had to reach the Primal Point. If he didn't the Rockets on the Meteor were going to be displaced, and this woman, no matter how thirsty he may be. Was in his way.

So he did his best to just simply run by her, and hope that she was distracted enough with whatever she was doing, that she wouldn't be able to pay him any mind, or stop him. Though he knew that his luck wasn't that good, but still he could pray. That crystal was integral to his plans, and the plans of his newfound cohorts. Hopefully they would allow him to run some tests on it, and potentially find a way to recover the lost Dragon Titan. But only time would tell.

TLDR
Amor is currently without a pokemon
Amor has his sword out.
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
143 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 23:15:25 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

He would find his path blocked by both sword and beast, metal and scales glistering in the rain.

Not many had approached her with weapons drawn and lived to tell the tale, that much was true. Yet it seemed the one who did right now had little eye what laid in front of him, and more what laid beyond, which was enough a reason as any for her to react upon. Kyrenai's sheathed sword had been swift to leave its scabard, but she did not strike, even though she could have. "I would suggest you cease and return by your own regard, lest you force my hand otherwise."

She eyed him calmly, but her posture betrayed steadfastness; she would not budge, nor let him pass all the same. And she would very well turn on the offensive if he tried to go past her indeed. "Regardless of birthdays or favorites." The faint smile that played on her lips never reached her eyes. Behind her Mori, her Tyrantrum, loomed, looking down upon the puny human, and partially bared her fangs at the armored man. She would not move unless instructed, but that did not mean she would not guard her master, and disobey if engaged.

tl;dr
- Kyrenai is blocking his path with her katana
- Mori (Shiny Tyrantrum) is on standby
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 9:00:30 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
A woman wielding a Katana was now in his way. Despite the obvious scorch marks on his suit, and the burns that were layered underneath from his battle with . He didn't seem all that perturbed, and didn't seem like he was going to back off. Though of course he noticed the odd colored Tyrantrum behind the woman, and a robotic sounding chuckle would escape his lips. Thankfully his voice modulator hadn't been damaged in his fight with the Avatar.

"It is unfortunate that I am your opponent if that is the Pokemon you are going to use." Unclipping a pokeball from his belt he would summon a giant pokemon that looked like a statue come to life. A massive Golurk appeared obscuring his visage for a moment. "Because I think you are beautiful, I will give you a single chance to leave this area, I wouldn't want to mar a single hair on your head. I also have no quarrel with you, so it would be a shame to make a new enemy here. So I hope you will take heed, and listen to me." Despite his features being hidden by a helm, the sound of a smile even through the robot filter was evident.

"Otherwise I'm going to make a mess of you, and not in the fun way."

TLDR
Amor summons his Golurk
Amor sasses a little
Amor is a little crispy from his previous fight.

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
143 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 2:46:36 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

"Seems like you already got burnt, sweetheart. You sure you want to fight this fire as well?" she mused, honey-sweet. Yet the way she moved the sharp of her blade towards his neck was all but inviting him. Had he not been wearing his suit of armor, his skin would've been broken if she as much as grazed it. Even the Golurk he'd called forth did little to make her falter.

So, he wouldn't be backing down. Shame, really. "What's truly shameful is the fact those pretty little eyes of yours work perfectly fine, yet you decide to be blind to the obvious facts. I'm not moving. And unless you beat me down, I never will." The grip on her sword strengthened, and an attempted slash at his throat followed without her body moving into a striking position. If he'd return blows she'd parry and try to move back to block his path up.

"Mori! Ancient Power, block their path!"

The Tyrantrum roared loudly, stabilizing its stance while a multitude of giant rocks were torn from the ground by a strange energy, and thrown towards the Golurk and his trainer.

tl;dr
- Kyrenai uses counter-sas
- Tries to slash his throat
- Mori uses Ancient Power on Golurk and Amor

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 11:12:54 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
She wouldn't see the man quirk his brow at her words, and he just sighed a little. He really didn't want to fight her, his prey was further up, but everyone was intent on getting in his way. First was the avatar, and now this woman. At this rate was going to be too exhausted to put up a proper fight before he got to her. Which was infuriating that he was having to waste so much time on nobodies.

"Why can't anyone listen to reason..." He mentally chided himself, but if she wasn't going to listen then he would simply beat her, and carry on.

The slash came at his throat, but he parried it, and he saw the rocks blocking off their escape route, but this girl must have been very green behind the ears. Or she hadn't faced many people that used ghost type pokemon before, regardless he wouldn't hold it against her as he kept his blade locked to hers for a moment.

"You fight for the League, but for what cause?" He asked her simply as he ran his blade down the length of hers, and attempt to slash at her, but his slash seemed shallow? It wouldn't draw blood, and almost seemed to hit air, but a well trained eye would have seen him aiming for the straps on her armor. Whether she noticed or not would depend on how intent she was focused on him. "Or are you just a hired sword?" Honestly the fact that there was another who chose to bring a knife to a gun fight like him, was interesting.

"Ice Punch." He gave the order to his Golurk who rushed the Tyrantrum. This woman wouldn't know that the armored man she was fighting was a dragon tamer, a master of that type. He had his own Tyrantrum, so he was well aware of their capabilities, along with their debilitating weakness to Ice. The Stone Giant's fists both glowed with a chilling energy as it launched itself towards the dragon.

At the same time Amor pressed his opponent to keep her focus on him.

"Because it will be disappointing if you know how corrupt the League is, and choose to fight for them anyways." He frowned underneath his helm. Even with his robotic voice it would come across how absurd he thought the situation was.

TLDR
Amor blocks her throat slash (DON'T KILL ME!)
Amor stealth slashes at her straps
Golurk uses Ice Punch on Tyrantrum
Amor talks more

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
143 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 14:47:08 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

"Maybe the League's cause isn't my main priority?" She says it plainly, as if it weren't strange to fight for a faction she wasn't quite that interested in. She didn't mind others knowing that her reason for being here defered greatly from the reason others had gathered; the Primal Crystal's defence was of little concern to her. But the fact her employer cared and was heavily involved sort of made it her business.

The armored man's parry was smooth, the way her sword vibrated upon impact betraying his steady hand and the strength behind it. The assassin noted as such, huffing underneath her breath as they clashed. When he moved she too tried to parry, but found him inching through her stance and towards her body-- yet strangely, what should have been a clean hit felt like a mere graze. Kyrenai would've thought it a feint to create distance between them if she didn't feel the tightness of her armor wavering ever so slightly. She'd look down to check if she trusted the difference in skill enough, but alas she didn't, so her eyes remained trained on the swordsman instead. Was it intentional, or just a lucky strike?

"Ice Punch."

The assassin knew very well that such a move would have devastating side-effects for her Tyrantrum if it hit cleanly. Too bad for her, Mori had been trained to excel in close-combat, which meant she wouldn't be able to fight the Golurk from a distance unless she kept on spamming Ancient Power. But that too took its time, and toll, on the Tyrantrum... but she'd have to make do, for now. "Intercept with Stomp, don't let it get a clean hit in!" she ordered, readying her sword anew.

Mori jumps at the charging Golurk, using her momentum and weight to add force to the stomp meant to counter the Ice Punch. They connect and a struggle of giants follows as the ice starts creeping up the Tyrantrum's leg; when it tries to solidify however, a protective glow flashes across her scales. 's Safeguard, applied before the arrival of any foes, comes to her rescue and dispells the Frozen Status she'd otherwise be inflicted with. But the damage is done, and with a loud roar Mori is pushed back, having to yield to the Golurk's Ice Punch. It's limping slightly, showing signs of damage, but steadies itself and charges on ahead, planning to go in with a Dragon Tail.

Kyrenai on the other hand just chuckled at Amor's words. "Bold of you to speak of corruption when you're part of its source, too." she lashes out again, upward this time, only to have her sword slash down diagonally, like she's trying to make a cross. Yet there seems no killing intent behind it. "Then again, tell me of a place where corruption isn't present. Maybe I'll be more inclined to listen."

tldr;
- Kyr's aware of the strap being cut, but not that it's intentional (yet)
- Mori uses Stomp to counter-kick the Ice Punch
- Mori's leg seems to freeze, but 's earlier Safeguard (in main thread) nulls it
- Mori uses Dragon Tail
- Enter: philosophical talks of corruption and loose morals

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 19:33:04 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
That is what he had surmised, so to have her confirm his suspicions about being hired was nice of her, but he kept his peripherals on their two pokemon, and he let her speak without interruption. The Stomp coming for his Golurk would have no effect, and he wondered if she had made that mistake on purpose? Normal type moves couldn't harm ghosts, but then he got his answer with the Tyrantrum whirled around with it's powerful tail, and crashed it into his giant pokemon sending it careening backwards, and forcing it back into it's pokeball. But as it was forced to withdraw another beam of light shot out, and standing in front of her prehistoric beast was one made of metal.

"Luck doesn't seem to be on your side." He spoke to her with amusement, or as much amusement as his voice would allow him to have in it's modified state. With his Duraludon out now, her Tyrantrum's chances at victory hadn't changed at all, and as this was one of his dragons, he didn't have to give it orders like his non-dragons. "You fake tamers, are interesting." When she lashed out with her sword once more, his armor was shredded in the upward arc, however when the second arc came through, he parried it once more.

The weight behind her strikes was impressive, but either she wasn't trying to take this seriously anymore, or was trying to lull him into a false sense of security.

"Subdue the threat." Came the simple command to his metallic dragon, and it rushed towards the Tyrantrum with no fear. It's body was made of Light Metal which allowed it to move more freely, and quickly than others of it's kind. So it rushed forward with it's claws glowing as it aimed a Breaking Swipe towards the Tyrantrum. Another super effective attack which would hopefully defeat the pokemon for good. Though they had plenty of countermeasures in place just incase.

"Am I part of it's source? Bold of you to assume that I work for the enemy. Or did you forget I asked you to leave so we didn't have to clash." He retorted smoothly as he ducked under her guard, and got within inches of her face. Had his helmet not been on, he could have kissed her, but instead he twirled his body around hers like a ballerina would, and lashed out with his sword again. This time aiming for another strap lower down, but as he moved along. If he was successful it would cut off, and loosen her armor more.

Besides she had given him a mark now, it was only fair to repay the kindness.

TLDR
Golurk was returned to it's Pokeball due to Dragon Tail
Duraludon was dragged out in it's tead
Duraludon used Breaking Swipe on Tyrantrum
Amor makes fun retorts
Amor now has a cut in his armor from the front
Amor attempted to cut a strap around her waist/thigh

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
143 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 19:27:52 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
"Should that discourage me?" she retorted with a smile as her sword connected, singing its song as it dragged through the metal of his armor. Her first proper hit after having breached his defenses, followed by a parry equalling her in strength. It had been a daring move on her side, and she was quite sure it was his mercy that had kept his sword from striking her down the moment it connected; a courtesy she wouldn't forget.

Yet with the steel dragon ready to rumble, and her Tyrantrum all but ready to go toe to toe after taking its damage, she could see hwo this would end. The look Mori gave her however was one she understood more than anything, and she nodded, focusing back on Amor. Mori did not like retreating, even in a vastly disadvantageous situations the Tyrantrum would rather stand her ground and perish in the heat of battle. It was something Kyrenai appreciated about her; especially since it had saved her more than once in the past.

So when she clashed with the Duraludon, she looked defeat in the eye ever so defiantly. The Breaking Swipe slammed into her side and sent the despot pokémon crashing into the slopes, unable to rise again from the dust that settled from it. A red beam recalled the fainted pokémon almost immediately, followed by a smaller beam calling forth the next contender for this battle's victory.

From among the dust a low growl resonated, small flashes of fire hopping back and forth from within, though what spewed forth the fire was still clouded from the steel dragon's eye. For now. It watched its foe patiently, prowling, waiting for its sign to attack. A shrill whistle, and it appears before the Duraludon, its fur gleaming as it speeds up, using Agility to move swiftly and agile among the graves and rocky terrain until it's become a blur. A blur that becomes a blaze as it launches itself at the steel dragon's face, engulfed by Flame Wheel's fire.

The assassin's attention only breaks momentarily, watching as her Growlithe performs the combo as it was taught. If she hadn't, she wouldn't have allowed her foe to get this close to her face, yet before she could react he'd deftly moved around her, claiming the integrity of another leather strap in the process. There's a hiss when she realises he's doing it on purpose, and falls out, blade against blade like two gusts; touching but never cutting through each other.

And then, she breaks their clash, pushing herself off and away with a backflip. She crouches and tugs at the last remaining strap of the armor on her thigh and tosses it aside, the piece of metal disappearing in the nearby thicket. Her voice betrays she's ticked off by the display. "Enemy might be a lot, but there's only one group of idiots waltzing their way up this mountain, so that makes your statement rather redundant, no?" Kyrenai points her sword at the man, an invitation of challenge. "Fight me properly-- not as as members of rivaling factions, but as masters of the sword. Unless you prefer these childish tricks." she said, alluding to the way he had been aiming for her straps rather than her sword.

tldr;
- Mori the Tyrantrum faints
- Mythras the Growlithe is called forth to fight
- Uses Agility and Flame Wheel to blind Duraludon
- Kyrenai breaks away for a moment, discarding part of her loosened armor
- Insert coin to sass again

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 19:49:15 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Her Tyrantrum went down, but that was within his expectations, however what happened next wasn't. After she moved away contorting her body like a professional gymnast, he watched as her new Pokemon attempted to step up to the plate. It was a Growlithe that was charging at his dragon.

"Against ordinary steel types this choice would be correct, but you miscalculated." He said to her calmly as his Duraludon stood it's ground using Iron Defense to brace itself for impact, and it didn't even bother dodging the attack as it took it head on. The flames licking at it's body, but he wasn't just a steel type. He was a dragon, and thus fire wasn't an issue for him. "However dragons don't possess such common weaknesses if you were hoping to exploit that." However he saw how much damage her attack had done, and figured it had hit a soft spot.

Falak however wasn't deterred as it's entire body began to glow with a metallic sheen, and then it erupted with a Metal Burst which was a unique move. It would reflect the damage the user had taken back to an enemy, and magnify it. Albeit it was a slightly weaker version of Mirror Coat, but it worked on all attacks at least.

"You want me to fight you properly?" His voice contained a question as he took his eyes off of Falak for a moment to drink her visage in. The problem was that he couldn't commit to her request because that would require him to use another Pokemon, and he didn't want to do that. "Sadly I can't do that..." Was all he said with a shrug, seemingly dropping his guard for the first time during this fight.

"And childish tricks? I simply just wanted to see what was underneath that suit." If he winked she wouldn't see it, but there was amusement despite the robotic tone. Tapping his foot he look her over once more from beneath his helm. "Perhaps next time we meet, I'll show you what I am actually capable of, but I hope not." if a robot could be sincere he was. "Everyone always wants that, to go all out, show their best leave it all out on the battlefield. But don't you think it's silly. This isn't some anime, we aren't protagonists of a story. To reveal your entire hand is folly, and to do anything less than survive is stupid." Was he mocking her?

"But if you want to fight me, oh Mistress of the Blade..." There was a sarcasm not even his modulator could hide. "Then please come give it everything you've got, but I promise you. If you approach me, you are going to lose at least some article of clothing." A playful tease, or a threat? "So I doth hope that thee will give cause for caution." He said changing his speaking pattern before bowing, and raising his head.

TLDR
Falak uses Iron Defense
Falak tanks the Flame Wheel
Falak Counter Attacks with Metal Burst, which reflects all damage, and magnifies it by 1.5x
Amor sasses a bit more.

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
143 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 17:28:35 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

"Would you be surprised if I told you this was all part of the plan?" she says, watching from the corner of her eye as the giant pokémon does nothing to evade the oncoming attacks. "There's more to be exploited than just the common type weaknesses, sir Tamer," A thing pokémon and mankind had in common, and something she'd been drilled upon in the past. So that she could be who she was now; and be damn good at it as well. "Like their physical weaknesses, for example... if you know where to aim."

Duraludon's retaliation is a harsh one, and in mid-air there's nothing Mythras can do to dodge the upcoming onslaught of its Metal Burst. Kyrenai notices the panic in the smaller pokémon's body language and calls out to it. "Mythras, all-out Flamethrower, NOW!" The Growlithe's jaws burst into heat, spewing forth flames with the intensity of a fire hazard on dried out fields, mere seconds before the impact of its foes Metal Burst. The pained yelp that echoed upon impact made her cringe, worry for the small pokémon bubbling in her stomach as she saw it plummet to the ground.

In the end, it had fought bravely, but gone asunder against its mighty foe. How the Duraludon would fair against the last-minute counter upon its counter however, she did not know. Kyrenai did not wait for the outcome and recalled the Growlithe, wanting it out of harm's way as soon as possible; which was ironic, considering.

Oh, the disrespect she garnered from his words. Was she not worth his time and effort to face properly in combat? Although it stung ever so lightly, it wasn't something she would feel bothered by; each had their own code to live by. And by the looks of it, hers and his differed just as greatly as their opinions. "You have to do a lot better to gain that right," she scoffed back at his amusement, though there was no hostility present in her voice. "Why, afraid I might prove an actual challenge? Kyrenai would tease back, her grin apparent. Yet when he mentioned protagonists and antagonists, her stance broke momentarily, her sword lowering. And for all the ferocity she'd held before, there was a calm falling over her.

"If anything, I am the antagonist of my own story, sweetheart."

Like her demeanor had changed, Kyrenai shook her head and tilted it back a bit, regarding him with eyes that had grown devoid of emotion. It was hard not to notice that whatever he had said had flipped a switch and demanded something more serious to surface. The sword at her side rose, not in attack, but to rest in her other hand, her gloved fingertips caressing the sharp of her blade without cutting herself. Her eyes remained on her blade for a moment and when she looked back at him she sighed and nodded, sheathing it. "Not that I was planning on any of that, but you're right about one thing. It's futile to continue this farce… especially with one who does not understand." She would not fall for the expertly-woven taunt the armored man had given her.

When she did not kill, she enjoyed crossing blades with others to get a feel for their being, to get to know them. A sword fight for her was like a handshake, but it seemed his views upon it went no further than the standard black and white views. Going all out was reserved for those who'd earned it; earned either her respect or her ire. One she could trust with seeing her full potential, the other would not survive seeing it. Survival? If he knew her true profession he'd known she was prepared to face death at any given time, and that survival was just a means to an end, as long as she succeeded in her sworn duty. The assassin had liked to get to know this man, but she was not about to educate him on her views on a field of battle. Not now.

With a flick of her wrist, a pokéball was sent out. From the crimson light rose a looming silhouette; a massive Tyranitar had entered the stage.

"Let's just be done with this. Vox, deal with them."

tldr;
- Counters Metal Burst with Flamethrower
- Mythras is KO'd
- Kyrenai spills a little secret and sheathes her sword
- Tyranitar has entered the fray

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 20:03:40 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The Flamethrower hit home, and it burned the steel shell of his Duraludon, however that again was a mistake as Falak was preparing to use Mirror Coat in order to reflect the damage back once more, but before it could finish the little pokemon that had injured him had fallen, and was returned. Falak however wasn't going to end, but in a second the burn it had sustained took it, and it crumpled to the ground.

"Rest easy my friend..." He spoke before returning his steel type to it's ball, and he listened to his opponent. Her movements, and way of speech changed so suddenly it almost gave him whiplash. Was she messing him? Was she pouting? Had his little taunt had an unexpected side effect that he wasn't aware of? "Curious, but I suppose that means I won't need this anymore." And just as smoothly as if he had been drawing water he sheathed his blade, and watched. While he wouldn't tell her, the wound on his chest was deeper than he had let on.

It was still bleeding, and so this worked out for him despite him being the one doing the taunting. So once she summoned her Tyranitar he was about to reach for a Pokeball, but before he could choose another dragon appeared. Eager to battle as it had been resting since it's previous bout. His Dragapult, Zahak, entered the fray, and glared at the oversized dinosaur.

"Are you sure about this?" He questioned his Dragon, but it merely growled in the mean time. "Alright then, you're up." He spoke calmly or as calmly as his robotic voice would allow him to appear.

"All this talk of heroes, and villains. It's just a matter of perspective if you really think about it, right? I mean sure the League seems like good people. But they employ murderers the same as Rocket. The difference is, the League isn't as honest about it, and that is why I can respect Rocket a bit more. At least with them you know where you stand. With the League, they'll attempt to kill someone, and then put out a news article saying they found no fault while investigating themselves." He chuckled mirthlessly. "And for people that preach so much about honesty, perhaps not you personally, but the League as a whole. They sure enjoy lying." And that is why after this meteor fiasco, Amor would play a card he had been holding on to this entire time.

But no one else had to know that.

The Dragapult had battled countless Pokemon of varying types, and thus it had a diverse movepool for most occasions. So it started this battle off with a Hydro Pump. This Tyranitar was of a similar typing to it's masters own Tyranitar, and it knew how to combat it. Water moves would prove the most effective, and so it would lead with that.

This woman was interesting to him, and so he wondered if he would meet her again? If she was under the employ of the League chances are with his current allegiances he would. She villified herself, and from an outside perspective that was quite fascinating to him. Along with the switch in her persona, the researcher inside of him couldn't help but want to learn a little more.

"I am surprised that you're tuckered out already. Alas this dance should come to a close, you're correct. But I'm sure we'll see one another again soon, so don't fret." A hidden smile graced his lips as the words spilled out of him. Was it a taunt? A promise? Only the gods would know what was going on in that hidden head of his.

TLDR
Duraludon faints from Flamethrower, and Burn combo
Dragapult enters the fray
Dragapult uses Hydro Pump
Amor brings up a point about Heroes, and Villains

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
143 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 16:43:26 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

It seemed her next opponent wasn't one of his choosing; his pokémon had chosen for him, and what faced her Tyranitar now was a Dragapult.

"Perspective indeed. A hero to one can be a villain to another, and vice versa. It's just how they play the public opinion, as that's where their true strength lies; if the people revolt against them they're forced to concede, or to show their true colors, depending on the greed they foster." she chuckled. "Then again, I've seen neither Rocket nor the League openly flaunt the hits they ordered, either. Would that make them dishonest, too, for not going 'all out' on providing the truth? Nobody's that stupid, to show all their cards ahead of time." She shrugged, taking a few steps forward and patting her Tyranitar on the back.

"But what do I care? I just do the killing for them." The smile Kyrenai gives is innocent, much unlike the vibe emanating from her.

It was true that she didn't condone their lies, but she understood. If both were considered evil, then the League was the lesser evil among them; they needed someone to lead them. And although she was certain both factions held people with true kindness in their hearts, who were doing things for the good of Hoenn rather than their own hidden agendas, she knew well. Even tyrants could lead their people into prosperity.

The hand resting on her Tyranitar's back gave him a little push before sliding off, and the rock type huffed softly, looking at the incoming Hydro Pump. It steadies itself, letting out a menacing roar as a silver glow of Iron Defense strengthen its body, and unleashes a pulsing ray of destructive purple to break through the attack. Dark Pulse. Of her entire team, Vox had been her very first partner, and their shared cunning in battle was only beaten by the sheer strength the Tyranitar held; she hoped right now that that strength would prevail.

"It's our final chorus, no need to drag things on. But yes, mayhaps we'll meet again. Only time will tell."

tldr;
- Talks about the power of public opinion
- Innocent assassin confession™
- Tyranitar bulks up with Iron Defense and counters with Dark Pulse

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 19:01:50 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Zahak was still weakened from his fight against the rather mundane Bisharp that had sent after him. Between that, and this attack, of course this battle wasn't going to go his way, however he still gave it his all. Even if his Hydro Pump's damage was mitigated it was still more than zero, and that was his purpose before the swirling vortex of dark energy tore through his being, and sent him careening into the ground. Amor just smiled at his stubborn dragon, and returned it in a flash of red before bringing out a familiar pokemon. It was his Golurk once more.

The giant Golem pokemon stood statuesque as it leered at it's opponent with unmoving eyes. He listened to every word she said, but he would agree with her on one point. It was time for their battle to come to a close.

"Unfortunately it would appear that your luck has run out. Earthquake." He commanded his Golurk who didn't move, but the earth around everyone, and everything would began to shake violently as the ground erupted around the Tyranitar. She was strong he wouldn't besmirch her of that, she was a gifted swordsman, and trainer. "I hope the next time we meet, we can truly play." Then his Golurks fists ignited with icy energy, and he punched the ground in front of him, sending a streak of icy spikes towards the Tyranitar.

Between the Earthquake, and the modified Ice Punch He hoped that this would be enough to keep her back, and create an opening for him to continue on his way to that primal point. There was a prize bigger than a battle in that machine, and his aim was to take it for Rocket, and himself. It was only with that, that his research on the elusive primal energy could continue. What his position in Rocket would be after all was said, and done only time would tell.

Because as he saw it, right now they were at a stalemate. Her Tyranitar had a move that was super effective against his Golurk. And his Golurk had a move that was super effective against her Tyranitar. These two pokemon, could be considered proper opposites of one another.

"I will offer you one last chance before further harm befalls you, and your Pokemon. Let me go, and this battle can end. I don't like needless violence." One last attempt at diplomacy.

TLDR
Golurk returns to the fray!
Uses Earthquake
Golurk uses Ice Punch to hit the ground, and send a wave of icy spikes at Tyranitar
Amor tries Diplomacy once more!!

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
143 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 3:50:20 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

And once again the ancient golem rose to combat her, though this time her disadvantage had been wiped clean, and a clash of titans was about to go down.

The earth comes alive with fury, vicious quakes trying to throw any who tread ground off their feet, both man and 'mon alike. The epicenter however was not meant for their trainers, but the pokémon between them. Vox goes along with the rumbling, slamming its feet further into the earth as it breaks around him, fissures trying to swallow him whole; and then he roars, commanding the earth to turn against the ghostly golem like it had been used against him. An Earthquake only to counter long enough for the mountain to calm once more, and to lessen the lethal damage it would've otherwise received; the harm already done it could withstand.

But earth makes way for ice, and the rock-type Kaiju has to fight yet another barrage while recovering from its stagger. Eyes of black follow as the ice erupts in a path of spikes towards it, but this time it reacts with an intensity not unlike the Golurk it's facing. A white pressuring light encompasses the Tyranitar as it initiates Giga Impact, and slams its head onto the ground below and barrels forth, breaking apart the ground and oncoming ice at its base. Although effective at halting the move's advance, it is not uneffective against the Tyranitar, who's panting as it finally comes to a standstill. Winded, but not enough to forfeit the fight.

In the moments that follow after, both pokémon stare each other down; like rivals would in the midst of battle. They know what follows next is not a battle of their wits, but one of words from their trainers.

Amor's warning, and final request repeats itself. Stand down, let him pass. Kyrenai doesn't answer at first, just regarding him in silence.

And then she sighs. She extends her arm, flicking her cloak aside with it, and twists her body away, gesturing towards the path she had been blocking all this time.

"Do not think that's the reason I'm allowing this, to adhere to this final 'chance' you grant me. See it as a gesture of earned respect, Masked One." The Tyranitar pensively gazes at its trainer, but moves aside as well, leaving the path up ahead open for Amor and his Golurk to ascend.

"Go. Leave the councilmembers be and I won't stop you. Until we meet again." she says as he passes her by. And that is all she has left to say; the assassin turns and moves further down, preparing to block the path once more.

Tldr;
- Tyranitar takes and fights the Earthquake with Earthquake
- Counters Ice Punch with Giga Impact
- Stalemate, battle ends in a TIE
- Kyrdalf lets Amor pass

MP Calculations:
10 MP per IC post in a spin-off thread x7 (70MP)
10 MP for knocking out another character and/or their Pokemon x2 (20MP)
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out x2 (100MP)
100 MP for completing a battle x1 (100MP)
50 MP for participation in a battle x1 (50MP)
200 MP for tying a battle x1 (200MP)

For a total of 540MP

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Ascension (Kyrenai/MP)
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 9:56:55 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
It felt like an eternity with them just staring at one another in this odd stalemate. Already he felt he had wasted to much time, but his objective was nearby just a while longer, and he would reach it. That was when the woman spoke to him, and he let out a silent sigh of relief. At least she was being reasonable unlike the vast majority of her contemporaries. At her words he just nodded.

"Don't worry I have only one objective, and needless violence isn't it." Whether she believed him or not was up to her, but Amor wasn't in the business of lying, or breaking deals. So once he made a promise he did his utmost best to keep it. Well she didn't specify which councilmembers. Of course he wouldn't bother , or . The other two...He was sure he could find a loophole if necessary in order to deal with , or @gabriel.

Regardless when she turned her back to him, he didn't even attempt to strike her, and instead he climbed up on the shoulder of Golem.

"Let's go, our destination awaits." He spoke to Orcus, and the two of them phased out of existence with the use of Phantom Force. The summit was up ahead, and despite all the resistance he had faced up to this point he could almost taste the end of his journey in sight. Besides that wound on his chest was still irritating him. Walter was going to have to patch him up. They would have to force heal it, as he didn't want another scar on his chest. The first one was unsightly enough, but he had left it there as a reminder.

For his part though he hoped he wouldn't run into anymore red heads, his heart could only take so much.

TLDR
Amor continues on with Golurk using Phantom Force!
Battle ends in a tie!

MP Tally
8 posts - 80 MP
KO'd 2 Pokemon - 20 MP
Dragapult, and Duraludon KO'd - 100 MP
Participating in a battle - 50 MP
Completing a Battle - 100 MP
Battle ended in a tie - 200 MP