kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 6:23:06 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]

Still relatively new as a ranger, Sunny had been temporary stationed at oldale town. It was a charming place, the people were happy and nothing too dramatic happens. A normal day was a trainer or civilian coming in to report a missing pokemon and it was her job to reunite them. For the most part it was all happy endings.

However today was not a normal day. Sunny is shocked to hear an alarm sound throughout ranger headquarters, outside the building was the sounds of rising panic. Quickly grabbing her gear she rushes outside only to be met with a sea of flames and enormous clouds of smoke. There was a fire and things were spiraling out of control fast.

She needed to act quickly to stop the fire. A swampert and lombre are freed from their pokeballs. "hydropump!" the command is followed swiftly and water is blasted towards the flames.

Sunny then shifts her attention to civilians.
"Go where there isn't any smoke, hurry!" Her advice wasn't really helpful but she wasn't sure how else to handle the situation. There was clear confusion and panic around the civilians.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#a86ebe; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 20:14:53 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rosebase"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]It was a stroke of luck that Wren happened to be in the area near Oldale Town. It was a far cry from his home station back in Evergrande, but a short trip home to visit his parents in Petalburg had found him within the vicinity. The call for help extinguishing a sudden and rampant fire came over the ranger channel on his radio, and within a short matter of time he was galloping down route 102 on his gogoat, Basil, in uniform.[break][break]

He’d have to tell later how he’d been practicing riding and training exercises with the large gogoat after he’d evolved from a little skiddo, given that he’d spurred the interest to improve in Wren. That would have to wait until another time, however.[break][break]

The blaze had swelled high and far by the time he arrived, and he had to squint through the spread of smoke to proceed further. Spying someone else in uniform, Wren approached , still trotting on Basil. “Hey! Are you a ranger here? I heard over the radio that some help might be needed?” Swinging down, his feet crunched in the gravel as he recalled the gogoat when it was clear that the grass-type was beginning to struggle in the heavy heat of the surrounding fire.[break][break]

Gratefully, his nosy eevee stayed in place in his knapsack as he unclipped two pokeballs from his belt to release a vaporeon and politoed respectively. “Just point us where you need us, and we’re there!”

[attr="class","rosepoke"]

[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.rosebase]font:12px roboto;--accent:#e0a8a8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosebase]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosebase b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosebase i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 7:08:13 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

Things were worsening by the minute. Despite her pokemons best efforts the fire wasn't dying down, instead they continued to consume everything in their path. Panicked at the sight Sunny figures the best thing would be to try and stop the fire from spreading even further. "Don't ease up! keep going! They continue to blast water at the flames but she knew that they couldn't keep it up for long. All she could hope for was that help would arrive, and lots of it.

The sound of a voice had Sunny turning her head, peering through the smoke trying to locate the source of it. Finally she meets the gaze of it was as if her hopes had been answered. "Thank arceus your here!" Relief washes over her body and tears start to swell in her eyes. Sunny isn't exactly sure if it's from the smoke or the pure joy that she wasn't dealing with this alone anymore. Most likely it was a combination of both.

"With us please! I believe this is the source of the fire!" There wasn't any real reason for her assumption other than the fire here seemed to be most out of control. her pokemon displayed signs of exhaustion as their hydropump weakened due to the long duration. "Keep it up you two! we can do it!"

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 2:11:19 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]As he recalls his gogoat, Juno peeks out of his backpack, only to immediately burrow back down–clearly disinterested in playing firefighter. “Have you been dealing with this by yourself?” he asks, eyes wide with concern. Other than fleeing citygoers, he doesn’t really see anyone in ranger uniform like them. But maybe it’s just the density of the smoke?[break][break]

“Got it! We’ll get this taken care of quickly so it doesn’t spread further.” He nods with as much confidence as he can muster, giving the other ranger a thumbs up. “Both of you, take the lead so that they can recharge a little bit!” he instructs the politoed and vaporeon. Both move forward, stepping up alongside the redhead’s pokemon, one adding to the relief effort with HYDRO PUMP, and the other with WATER PULSE.[break][break]

While they work, Wren pulls a kerchief from his back and ties it so that he can pull it up over his nose. Then, he continues directing anyone fleeing toward the proper exit. “Do you know what might’ve started it?” he calls back over his shoulder toward the girl, eyes squinting as they sting and water from the heavy billows of smoke.

[break]

[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 3:20:16 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

She shields her eyes from the smoke but the intensity still leaves a painful sensation running throughout her body. "I believe other rangers are evacuating the civilians!" She responds to his concern a sense of panic could be heard in her tone as she didn't completely know the situation or cause of the fire.

Flames roared when doused by the water moves, crackling in a frenzy - their efforts seemed to be working. "That's it! keep going everyone!" Sunny shouted words of encouragement her pokemon became re-energized thanks to the support of Wrens, they continued to blast away at the fire with a hydro pump.

I'm sorry! I have no clue!!" Guilt consumes her when asked about the source, Sunny knew that they needed to stop the source of the fire. If they didn't this battle of flames would be never ending. Shortly afterwards she heard a distant explosion followed by panicked shouting. Suddenly the flames are replenished and blaze stronger than before, caught off guard Sunny sustains a burn to her arm.

"Argh!" She cries out her face twisting in pain. She clutches it instinctively but the gesture only worsens the pain. Gritting her teeth she does her best to ignore it, "Everyone okay!?" She calls out into the smoke coughing midway. Throughout the chaos a wild pokemon's roar echoed loudly, and sunny briefly caught a glimpse of it - it was a salemence going on a rampage. Burning everything in it's line of sight.

"That's it! We have to put a stop to salamence's rampage!"

[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 17:51:27 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]“Are you alright?” he calls out, frantically looking back toward the other ranger when she cries out. Golden eyes drift to the way she holds her arm, and makes a mental note to have his vaporeon assist her later, once they’ve settled this. His own lungs have begun to burn that much more with the increased heat and acrid tang of smoke. It’s embedded in his skin and clothes and it feels like even after only a short while, he’ll be scrubbing the smoky scent out for ages and ages.[break][break]

Wren hears the furious roaring as well, and turns in time with Sunny to see the source. “Do you have anything that will help?” he calls out to her, but he’s already waving to Jupiter to follow him before charging forward. He’s sure that she will follow if so.[break][break]

“Grover! Keep working on the flames! Jupiter, try to douse the salamence!” A gurgling sounds from the politoed as it acknowledges the instruction, continuing to blast one of the building structures with HYDRO PUMP, though even he’s growing a bit fatigued by now.[break][break]

A falling piece of flaming debris clips Wren on the shoulder as they draw closer to the dragon’s frenzied tantruming. He yelps, but grits down on the feeling and continues to wave the vaporeon forward. Jupiter drudges up the puddles of water that have poured out over the ground from all the efforts to extinguish the flames, along with water from a nearby fountain, aiming the torrent of MUDDY WATER at the salamence.[break][break]

Despite the hassle it’s causing, he can’t help but feel bad for the creature. “Maybe something’s wrong!” He calls out over its cries.

[break]

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 7:47:37 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

"Just a small burn, I'll be fine!" Sunny acknowledges Wren's concern swiftly applying first aide by wrapping her injury with a non-stick bandage. She winces but pushes tries to keep the pain out of mind as that was the least concerning matter. She shouts towards her swampert to catch his attention, motioning towards the rampaging pokemon afterwards. "Water Pulse! pulses of water is blasted towards the salamence while her lombre remains fighting the flames taking the lead to give grover a break.

She gives Wren a concerned look when he sustains the injury. They had to get this under control fast, to avoid further danger to them and their pokemon. Sunny's swampert follows junipers lead, also using a muddy water attack towards the salamence. Seemed that the dragon type sustained heavy damage from their combined attacks. Releasing another roar, it attempted to flee by flying into the smokes but the rampaging seemed to halt.

His statement left her clueless, it was difficult for her to see what exactly the problem was due to the smoke and flames. However Sunny also wanted to help it, she doubted it would be on a rampage for no good reason. "Maybe we can stop it by putting it asleep? none of my pokemon are able to do that though!" She communicates while coughing due to the smoke inhalation.

She didn't know any other methods to stopping it, other than putting it to sleep.

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 18:33:15 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]“If you say so,” he called back warily, even though he knew that he would have responded just the same as her. But they could tend to their own injuries afterward, once the problem was resolved. The salamence tried to retreat, but if they just allowed it to leave and something was wrong, there was every likelihood that it would just do the same thing over again in a new spot.[break][break]

And that would just cause bigger problems for the region, rather than resolving them.[break][break]

“Oh!” His face brightened despite the stress and pain, as a thought came to him at her suggestion. “I’ve got just the thing. Jupiter, swap with Grover.” With a trill, the vaporeon bounded away to switch places with his politoed, resuming blast of water at the flames as the frog came waddling up as quickly as his flappy feet would carry him.[break][break]

Wren pointed at the raging salamence as it shrieked. Grover looked unimpressed but acknowledged the command when it came, “I need you to put it to sleep. We totally practiced this! I’m sorry it’s such a big dragon to deal with in action, though.” With a harumph, the politoed bellied up to the salamence—quite literally. Tummy pointed directed at it, the swirl on his stomach twisted over and over, until the dragon-type began to sway with drowsiness. Completely distracted by its trantrum as it was pulled by the smaller Pokémon’s HYPNOSIS.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 23:40:54 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

The hypnosis worked like a charm. immediately she noticed the change in behavior as the salamence slowly entered a slumber. "Yes! it worked you guys did it!" Sunny shouted happily upon it's success, she turns her head towards swampert figuring it'd be safe to attack it one last time to truly subdue it. "Hydropump!" The blast of water hits the salamence rather easily due to how slow it became.

Eventually the salamence entered a free fall crash landing into some nearby trees. Sunny rushes over towards the sleeping dragon type, quickly pulling out a special pokeball that was issued to rangers for subduing pokemon. In a swift movement the pokeball is chucked at it, confining the once rampaging pokemon inside.

all that was left to address was the remnants of the fire, which was easy enough as more rangers had shown up to the scene for support.
"Almost done gang, all that's left is some cleaning up to do!" Sunny encourages the group, looking towards Wren. Just then it occurred to Sunny that she still has yet to find out Wren's name. When this was finished she definitely needed to introduce herself properly.

"Swampert, Lombre use hydropump again!" Her two pokemon followed the command dosing the flames with powerful blasts of water.

[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 19:34:04 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Wren sighed his relief, shoulders sagging slightly as the attempt to subdue the salamence was successful. “Not a moment too soon! I wasn’t sure what we were gonna do if that didn’t work.” A disbelieving breath of laughter slipped free as he shook his head. By that point, others were arriving to the scene, and it was easy to get swept up in the de-escalation of the moment as the dragon was temporarily contained for treatment.[break][break]

“Keep doing the same, please!” he instructed his two pokemon. Though their energy was beginning to run low, it wasn’t long before much of the fire was contained and reduced thanks to the help of more ranger reinforcement.[break][break]

His arm stung something awful, but they were all gonna rest well tonight. That was for sure! Vaporeon at his side, he approached the redhead he’d helped earlier, finally finding a better moment to talk properly now that the frenzy had died down. “Hey! How’s that burn? Jupiter here might be able to help with it some, if you want.” The vaporeon trilled his agreement, prepared to use AQUA RING to soothe the burned skin.[break][break]

“Oh! I’m Wren, by the way.” He offered his hand to shake along with a bright smile, “I’m stationed at Ever Grande, but was visiting my parents in Petalburg, so I’m glad I was able to respond to the call!”

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 6:53:06 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

"For sure, you guys were truly incredible." Sunny couldn't imagine doing that herself, which is how she knew that Wren's bond with her partner was a phenomenal one. Hopefully one day she and her own pokemon could forge a bond like theirs. As the fire was taken cared off, sunny's lombre and swampert approached clearly exhausted by all the work.

"Great work guys - rest well inside the pokeball. " giving them a pat well done, they returned back inside their pokeballs. Sunny was careful not to strain her arm too much due to her burn but that slight movement caused the pain that's she's been trying to forget about to return.

She quietly curses to herself, turning to wren with a soft smile with their offering of treatment. "Oh..! I appreciate it so much!" Giving a smile of gratitude to both wren and jupiter she extended her arm out for aqua ring. Too sunny's surprise there wasn't any pain - but a very tranquil sensation as the water veil made contact with her burn.

She gasps softly thoroughly impressed "I feel so much better! Thank you jupiter!" Giving the vaporeon loving strokes Sunny blinks when Wren introduces himself, she had been meaning to ask him about his name. "It's so nice to meet you Wren. My name's Sunny I'm stationed here in Oldale! Thanks so much for your help today, you guys truly saved us." She bows her head respectfully, hopefully this wouldn't be their last meeting and they can work together again in the near future.

"You should get your injury treated asap too." She states concerned if he had been treated already or not.

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 4:54:11 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]
“Just happy to help!” he says with a small smile and nod, pushing a hand through undoubtedly soot-stained hair. It feels a bit satisfying to have not bumbled his way through this like he had in the past. Little signs showing his improvement as a ranger— which is also a huge relief! Save for the vaporeon, Wren also returns the rest of his team to their pokeballs.[break][break]

“No problem!” he replies brightly, stepping back to allow Jupiter do his thing as the ring of water ripples around her burn, slowly leeching it away to significantly lessen the pain. It’s one of the vaporeon’s more skilled moves—heavily practiced and honed given Wren’s own clumsiness.[break][break]

Jupiter receives the praise and attention gladly, trilling in his own way of saying you’re welcome! Wren smiles in response to the returned introduction. “I’m glad I was able to get here! It’s nice to meet you, Sunny.” He gives her a double thumbs up. “Dunno how much action you get out here in Oldale, but this seemed like a pretty crazy day! If you ever need a buddy for a future assignment, feel free to reach out!”[break][break]

At least, he’s pretty sure they should be able to touch base pretty easily through the ranger network.[break][break]

“Oh yeah!” he exclaims, looking down at his own wound, as if he’d forgotten it—which he kinda had in the chaos of the moment. “Don’t worry! I’ll have Jupiter fix mine up once he’s had some rest.” Wren shrugs loosely, still grinning. “I think we’ve all earned it!”

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 15:08:16 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

His response was soothing to her heart. She's already told him this but sunny was truly lucky that wren was here to help put out the fire in oldale. She finds herself chuckling to his comment before answering "Oh not much, I think this was the most action we've had in awhile." She couldn't speak much on the subject as she was still relatively new, and Sunny has yet to involve herself with other parts of the region. "Oh I will for sure, don't hesitate to reach out either!" Getting ready to depart she gives a final nod when Wren mentions his injury.

"Good! make sure you get a good rest." She intended to do just that herself but first she just wanted to double check on the civilians, to see if they had any problems following the fire. Sunny waves Wren goodbye as she begins to head towards the direction of her headquarters. "See ya later, Wren! thanks for everything again!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Brewing trouble (M)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 23:57:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGERS)