snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 4:29:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's alone, handcuffed, and pretty sure she might've lost the key somewhere in the dirt.

great, lovely, perfect! her face twists into a scowl as she tries to feel around the dirt where she landed. after a few moments, she comes up with a prize: a lockpick from .

the jig is up, he's been engaged, and she got tossed around like a ragdoll again... which means she is free to drop the act.

metal clinks hollowly against the ground a moment later and she steps forward, one hand rubbing the other wrist.

back to business, right?

she, admittedly, doesn't get very far...

her sableye snickers lowly in her ear and something about the sound feels off. it's less amused or excited. if she didn't know better, she'd almost say it was nervous.

and despite herself, she steels a broken composure for something.

how was she supposed to know it'd be a portal opening up at her side and not something good for once?

a startled noise escapes and she's leaping back, tapping a pokeball open to release her gallade in the process. this is now two times that she's been caught off guard, out in the open... maybe this is the reason why she shouldn't be allowed in the field and not her poor decision making skills or her inherent greed.

the person that steps out of the portal, admittedly, is not a face she expected to see. it's no longer familiar in a way that flutters the chest. instead, it simply knots dread into her stomach.

"what're you doing here?"

did the commissioner have something to do with his appearance?

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- startled
- wtf r u doing here

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 5:30:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for PAAA: MT. PYRE
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Unnatural, and seemingly unintentional, twitching plagues the SHADOW DRAGAPULT's body. In one moment, it twists its neck sideways. In the next, its jaw unhinges before snapping back in place. Undead DREEPY, like TOXIC maggots, infest its horns. The sight of this eldritch entity emerging from the dark portal is enough to stir terror in the bravest.[break][break]

The mysterious man riding it, donning a mask that behaved like reflective glass, almost looked like a RINGWRAITH from the LORD OF THE RINGS himself. CANNOT know it is ; at least not yet. His voice isn't quite the same as she remembers, either. Here it is somewhat deep, with a touch of gravely. It makes itself known when he says:[break][break]

"You're out of your depth here, scientist. Stand down and I won't have to hurt you." The creature he rides unleashes a shriek in her direction. Though it is less of warning and more of a cry for blood. And to think this had once upon a time been his partner Pokémon...[break][break]

MP ADDED: +10 +10 from SURPRISE ATTACK[break]
MP GAUGE: 20[break][break]

[break][break]

📝 TLDR[break][break]

warns to stand down

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]
[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 0:48:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]irritation bleeds into a quick scowl.

out of her depth? her?

"like hell i will."

her stubbornness has never changed, never wavered.

and she supposes the thinly veiled threat should scare her but she's faced wars, aliens, and her own fucking self.

one man coming out of a portal with a dragon doesn't quite make her shake in her boots anymore.

"you're in my way."

it's the same thing she said to . this time, there's not a single ounce in her body that expects to waltz out of her unharmed.

"move."

she tugs a knife out from a holster on her thigh. while had his sniper rifle for this, she opted for one of his knives when he approached asking about her self defense skills.

one way or another, she's getting to that primal point. if the path there has to be stained maroon, so be it.

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- rude ass binch
- readies herself for a fight by pulling out a knife

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 11:07:12 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Is he surprised? Absolutely not.[break][break]

Remiel had known on her personal level. ADMIN FOX had gone up against her before. And, together, they had become what faced Illeana now. Perhaps everything they'd been through had always been leading to this moment; at the edge of the end of the world.[break][break]

Frankly, the idea of perishing at her hand (or perishing together) seemed fitting. But he would certainly do everything in his power not to come to that end. There were bigger things than and happening all around them, after all.[break][break]

"Here you're just another pawn to tip over," He remarks out loud, drawing his katana blade from its sheath with its black hilt. Then, with sudden ferocity, he kicks his SHADOW DRAGAPULT into gear before they shoot straight for her.[break][break]

"So ready yourself!"
[break]

From its cannons, the spectral dragon fires a set of DRAGON DARTS towards her Pokémon. The intention is to buy enough time with an explosion to close the distance and strike at her with passing SLASH of his blade. But only should the opportunity arise. And, even then, only a superficial flesh wound near the upper arm.[break][break]

MP FUND PAGE[break]
MP ADDED: +10[break]
MP GAUGE: 30[break][break]

[break][break]

📝 TLDR[break][break]

SHADOW DRAGAPULT is spurred forward towards [break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT uses DRAGON DARTS on the defending POKEMON (Sableye or Gallade?)[break]
attempts to slash at the upper arm/shoulder if they manage to close the distance

[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 2:20:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]no.

he's wrong.

she's no longer a pawn, no longer a piece on the board after tossing the entire thing out of the way in a bout of paranoid rage.

and yet, she grins with a wildness unbecoming of illeana reyes.

"better a pawn than a body bag."

which is exactly what he'll end up as if he doesn't move. his. ass.

as his dragapult launches into movement, the man steadily by its side, she grins a little wider.

a laugh escapes as her gallade rushes in, wide guard rising quickly to prevent the dragon darts from hitting any of them. it does little, perhaps, to stop the man from landing a slash to her bicep. she hisses in pain and healing mist begins to seep from the body to counteract the wound. blood still drops, staining pink mist as it falls.

she turns quickly, knife already prepped. a quick slicing movement follows but she can't tell if it connects beneath the heavy mist.

"prick."

her sableye takes the insult as a cue to send off a shadow ball toward dragapult's general vicinity. if they can put distance between them... maybe she can get out of this without losing more blood?

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- gallade uses wide guard against dragon darts
- he sliced me!
- illeana lunges and tries slicing him back
- sableye uses shadow ball to try and put distance between them and dragapult

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 4:09:42 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Her audacious remark actually brings a smile to his face. If he hadn't been privy to her change in attitude prior, when they'd experimented with the SPLASH PLATE, he might have been shocked. Instead, he was eager to see if Illeana had the bite to back up the bark.[break][break]

DRAGON DARTS explode against the barrier of a WIDE GUARD and, in the commotion, the masked man slides off his Dragapult's back before closing the distance with a swift stride. His blade manages to slash her bicep as he passes by her, though she manages to at least slice at the fabric of his cloak a little before then.[break][break]

Coming to a stop then spinning around to face her after some distance has been made, the masked man sheaths his blade before settling into a defensive stance. If she was so bloodthirsty, then why didn't she come to him instead? He was here; waiting.[break][break]

Briefly, he notes her pink healing mist as it wafts around her injury. It is the very same that had once enveloped him completely; now a lover turned enemy. That much was made clear with the knife in her hand, which he acknowledges before promptly scoffing at.[break][break]

"Amateur."
[break]
Meanwhile, just nearby, his shadow Pokémon continues the assault on the SABLEYE with no restraint. Though its erratic flight pattern is quite spontaneous, however, it does not seem intimidated enough by the incoming SHADOW BALL to dodge it. In fact, it takes the hit head on before reeling back in a daze.[break][break]

But it isn't long before it recovers, unleashing a swarm of nasty MINIATURE DREEPY from its horns with a terrifying screech. This INFESTATION hopes to overwhelm and infect the Sableye's ghostly body before it can react.[break][break]

MP FUND PAGE[break]
MP GAUGE: 40[break][break]

[break][break]

📝 TLDR[break][break]

takes a defensive stance against [break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT is struck by SHADOW BALL[break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT uses INFESTATION on SABLEYE[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 3:26:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she can't see his face but... she imagines an amused smirk with the word amateur and she wants nothing more than to wipe it off his face for good.

her expression twists into a scowl as he stills, distance upheld between them. his body shifts into defense and she mirrors it with an offensive role. the knife is gripped a little too tightly in her hand, knuckles white and strained.

and as the sword disappears into its sheath, she makes a promise to herself: she'll take that weapon before this is over.

"wuss."

what, is he afraid of a girl?

mini dreepys begin to fly away from his dragapult and her sableye, despite its absolute carefree attitude, manages to get a detect in before the dreepys bombard its body. it wiggles, utilizing the skinny strat (pilo1, 2022), in an effort to avoid being hit by the mini dragons.

and while his dragapult is distracted by her sableye, she takes the opportunity to strike first, strike fast, strike hard.

her gallade rushes forward first with close combat to cage him in. and where her gallade leans to strike, she mirrors on the opposite side with a swinging fist followed by a slicing motion.

"move! out! of! my! way!"

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- takes an offensive stance, f ur defense! :poochywag:
- she wants to take that sword from him...
- sableye uses detect and tries to avoid infestation
- gallade uses close combat as illeana rushes at remy. double whammy?

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 6:18:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]
[break]

She's tense. Either that, or she's letting some of the other usual emotions get the best of her again. He can see it; diagnose it. The white of her knuckles isn't disregarded either. Can she see herself in the reflection of his mask?[break][break]

Nearby, her SABLEYE somehow manages to DETECT the trajectory of the attack his SHADOW DRAGAPULT unleashed. It manages to avoid all of those voracious little Dreepy before they effectively consume each other instead. The presence of another enemy Pokémon on the field, however, incenses the spectral dragon's fury once more. Swirling about in the air, it unleashes a barrage of (SHADOW) DRAGON DARTS that split between the Sableye and the GALLADE attempting to pincer its trainer.[break][break]

Though, certainly, it was not protecting its trainer out of the kindness of its empty heart. That just so happened to be a fortunate coincidence on Remiel's part, born of a shadow Pokémon's insatiable thirst for violence.[break][break]

He'd done well to prepare his defensive stance regardless. It prepared him for what came next: taking advantage of Illeana's hubris. With expert precision, he attempts to PARRY the knife out of her hand before forcing her back with a swift KICK to the chest. His battle awareness was keen enough to regard the Gallade afterwards, however. The next threat he needed to take care of could have, likely, been stalled evading his Dragapult's infectious missiles instead.[break][break]

If not, however, it manages to strike with a SINGLE PUNCH that sends him flying backwards. Before, of course, being blasted sideways itself by the same kin of the voracious and zombie-like Dreepy from before.[break]

MP FUND PAGE[break]
MP GAUGE: 50[break][break]

[break][break]

📝 TLDR[break][break]

ENEMY SABLEYE manages to avoid INFESTATION![break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT uses (SHADOW) DRAGON DARTS that split between GALLADE and SABLEYE![break]
attempts to parry 's knife out of her hand before KICKING her back[break]
♔ If GALLADE is struck by (SHADOW) DRAGON DARTS, it manages to punch backwards before being barraged

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 0:27:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]oof!

he manages to catch her right in the chest with his foot. and despite trying to keep herself steady, the force is too much for her to withstand. it sends her backwards, body smacking into the dirt with an uncomfortable sound and effectively knocking all of the air out of her lungs. she hears a cracking sort of sound with the landing and pain erupts in her torso quickly, searing across her chest and ribs with a gasp. she tries to get up, tries to gather more air into her chest.

and yet, every inhale is laced with pain. it dawns on the mind a little too sluggishly that a rib is broken but her body reacts before the mind, bleeding healing mist to combat the pain.

her knife clattered away with the impact, fingers unable to hold onto the hilt. and without it, she's probably a lamb waiting for slaughter.

fuck...

her gallade manages to get one hit in before dragon darts rain down upon it and her nearby sableye. it has to shift into a defensive mode, quickly launching a protect up to try and keep both itself and sableye whole. their trainer needs them... the psychic type can't just ignore the faint sense of pain in its mind's eye.

behind the shield of protect, sableye makes quick use of its gem. a bright power gem erupts from the gremlin's body in an attempt to blind the dragapult and keep it from breaking through the protect.

while her pokemon defend themselves, illeana manages to haul herself back up onto her feet. and despite the way every single step feels like agony, like bone fragments crunching together in a symphony of pain, she starts to cover the distance between herself and the man.

"stand down."

she says it like an order, like he's one of the league subordinates on the field. he isn't and she's no fucking leader but god, she needs to get to that primal point and the god beyond even if it kills her.

and then, she says nothing else. her body launches toward him, arms outstretched and aimed for his midsection to drag him down into the dirt.

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- dragon darts hit both gallade and sableye
- gallade manages to knock remiel back a bit
- illie drops her knife as she gets kicked into the dirt
- healing mist bc broken rib
- she gets back up & lunges to knock remiel down
- gallade uses protect on itself and sableye
- sableye fires off a power gem to blind dragapult

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 5:52:07 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]His counter is successful. Though, admittedly, he worries for a split-second if he might have kicked her too hard. The sound of a rib cracking wasn't new to him, anyway.[break][break]

It's that worry, however, that grants the GALLADE the gap of opportunity to close the distance and strike him without resistance on his part. The PUNCH strikes hard enough to CRACK (but thankfully not shatter) the tempered glass of his mask. Remiel's body goes flying backwards before crashing into the ground into a heap of black cloak.[break][break]

Then, of course, his SHADOW DRAGAPULT's missiles hit their targets. Rather than explode on contact, however, the nasty little Dreepy that were fired begin to burrow themselves within each Pokémon: INFECTING them.[break][break]

when buried, the dreepy afflict the INFESTATION status effect. those afflicted with INFESTATION due to this pokemon can end the status condition early by finding a way to purge the dreepy from the wound. pokemon exposed to INFESTATION for five turns within a thread will become CURSED for the rest of the thread.[break]

The tail end of that swarm finds itself unable to go up against the PROTECTIVE barrier, however, eventually consuming themselves as a result. But the shadowed beast wasn't one to give up so easily. Familiar with barriers of this making, and utilizing its natural ability as an INFILTRATOR, the Dragapult charges head-on to put it to the test.[break][break]

Fierce croaks and bellows escape its open maw as it forcefully digs into the barrier with its snout, occasionally whacking at it with its horns. Eventually, the protection gives way and it manages to stick its head through to try and snap at the enemy Pokémon:[break][break]

[break]
What it hadn't accounted for, however, was a POWER GEM to the face. Blinded by the attack, it shrieks and reels backward before instinctively sinking into a shadowy portal (PHANTOM FORCE) for cover.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Remiel is just beginning to stagger up on both feet, dazed by the strike that had reverberated throughout his skull. He was thankful for having added the extra layers of protection to his mask and headgear. Teleporting, after all, was a dangerous business— and so was war. But, having dropped his katana after the strike, he was unable to counter again when she came running.[break][break]

Tackled down to the ground, he was forced to rely on honed muscle memory to take the wheel as his clarity of mind continued to recover. His legs wrap around her waist: close guard. He hooks her arm into his and grabs her wrist: cross wrist. Then, using the momentum of his hips, he attempts to reverse the grapple until he's on top of her, pinning her arms back against the ground.[break][break]

"That's it!" He growls, peeved by her stubborn insistence for violence. His accent only barely leaks through the crack in his mask. "Admit you've lost and surrender!"[break][break]

Please, Illeana.
[break]

MP FUND PAGE[break]
MP GAUGE: 60[break][break]

[break][break]

📝 TLDR[break][break]

👾 1/5[break]
ENEMY SABLEYE and ENEMY GALLADE are INFECTED![break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT attempts to INFILTRATE the barrier but is temporarily blinded![break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT disappears with PHANTOM FORCE![break]
is tackled down by [break]
wrestles with before attempting to pin her down by force

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 3:17:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her sableye and gallade can do little against the infestation.

little dreepys worm their way into the system. and while all lights show signs of normalcy, the cursed state lingers in the background. despite it all... they have a job to do: protect their trainer.

her sableye, in particular, knows it can do more. it can surpass its current limits.

and mega evolution comes quick, a bright flash engulfing the gremlin's body that mirrors the small flash around illeana's neck. the gremlin grows slightly in size but the real prize of it all is the brilliant red gem it carries. no longer a simple decoration... no, it's a shield now. or, well, perhaps a weapon.

gallade tries to keep dragapult as occupied as it can. a series of psychics fire off to keep the ghastly dragon from following the purple gremlin as it scrambles toward its pinned trainer.

"no."

she's defiant, even with her body pinned down and no way out. her chin rises and she sneers up at him.

"you'll have to kill me first."

salvation comes before death. it comes in the form of a gremlin, of a giant gem swinging into the side of the man's body. it's a distraction, a way out. and she takes it with greedy fingers, scrambling up and out from under him as her mega sableye tries to pin him down. if his mask falls from the blow, she doesn't notice.

she reaches for the dropped katana in the dirt, for the illusionary end it brings.

and when she turns, she actually grins. looming over him the way a golurk does a human, there's a damning sense of power here with a sword gripped in her hand and victory well within her reach.

she stalks back over to him slowly, the swords edge dragging painfully against hallowed ground.

"what was that about surrender, hm?"

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- gallade & sableye are cursed for 5 turns
- sableye mega evolves
- gallade uses psychic to keep dragapult busy
- mega sableye smacks remy off of illie and tries to pin him to the ground
- illie grabs for remy's dropped sword

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 0:48:16 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]The flash of MEGA EVOLUTION is worrying, to say the least. The masked man looks up to regard it and the situation nearby. With nothing to target, the GALLADE's use of PSYCHIC power is spent. It isn't long before his SHADOW DRAGAPULT reemerges from the PHANTOM FORCE, however, attempting to take advantage of the Gallade's flank, strike it down, and viciously MAUL IT TO DEATH.[break][break]

Just before he can witness the result of that attempt, however, the masked man's attention is pulled back to and her seething response. He places more pressure on her with his hands, drawing his face closer before stating, in a near whisper: "I don't want to."[break][break]

It's in that moment that he realizes the MEGA SABLEYE has crossed the distance between them faster than he had anticipated. He is unceremoniously KNOCKED OFF of Illeana with a swing of its giant gem, crashing into the ground and rolling sideways until his body finally comes to a stop.[break][break]

Pain is not something he is unfamiliar with. It's a close acquaintance, in fact, and a familiar foe. And here it is again, embracing his entire body, urging him to stay down and curl up under the weight of its power. Remiel must consistently remind himself it a construct, a product of nerve endings and muscle tissue, as he powers through it to try and pick himself up again.[break][break]

When he sees the gremlin hobbling its way over to him, however, and picking up his blade and approaching, he must pause on one knee before summoning a LIGHTNING BOLT in his hand. Just seconds before the Mega Sableye pins him down again, forcing him to hold the giant gem back with both hands, Remiel casts this lightning bolt at the woman with intention.[break][break]

It misses her head by a few inches, embedding itself in the torso of a giant headstone sculpted to look like an angel.[break]

MP FUND PAGE[break]
MP GAUGE: 70[break][break]

[break][break]

📝 TLDR[break][break]

👾 2/5[break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT reemerges from PHANTOM FORCE and attempts to maul GALLADE to death![break]
is knocked off ![break]
casts a LIGHTNING BOLT at that misses her by an inch and embeds itself in a headstone behind her![break]
is pinned down by MEGA SABLEYE!

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 1:46:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his dragapult is out for blood. that much is, unfortunately, painfully obvious. it snarls and tries to catch her gallade with the element of surprise. it manages to get a few good scratches in before the psychic type teleports to safety. when it lands next to illeana and the pinned down man, the gallade is out cold.

somehow, she knows it's still alive and she stills long enough to recall it into a pokeball to rest.

the lightning bolt whips past her head and buries itself into a tombstone. she can't help the way facial muscles coil into a look of amusement.

"nice aim."

her mega sableye holds the man down long enough for her to take control. she switches positions with the sableye, a shift in pressure and cages from a purple one to a golden one. and a cage is still a cage, no matter what it's made of.

she can't keep the grin off her face. it's victorious, pleased, prideful. her parents should have taught her better, really, but they were their own forms of prideful creatures. and she learned everything she's ever needed from them. good, bad, it doesn't matter when they're still valuable lessons etched into skin and bone and brain tissue.

with its position changed, mega sableye is free to distract the other factor in this equation: shadow dragapult. it fires off shadow ball after shadow ball, as if it's nothing more than a game.

"now..."

she holds the sword carefully, applying enough pressure to his throat to warrant stillness but not enough to bleed him dry. not yet, anyway.

"who's beneath the mask?"

a hand reaches down before her mind can provide reasons why it's a terrible idea. and with a ripping motion, the mirrored mask is discarded.

who lies beneath the mask is... a ghost of a past love.

she stills, grip tightening on the sword until she's certain she'll break the bones in her hand.

"you... how fucking dare you."

seething anger rises quickly and she has half a mind to end it all then, regardless of the tears welling up in red eyes.

"you liar!"

she presses the sword down a little further, enough to begin drawing droplets of blood. somehow, it doesn't feel like victory anymore...

it feels like heartbreak, betrayal, tragedy.

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- gallade teleports before shadow dragapult can kill it
- gallade lands next to illeana knocked out
- mega sableye turns its attention to dragapult and uses shadow ball to keep it distracted
- illeana rips remy's mask off and holds the katana to his throat
- that BINCH!

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 3:38:13 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Her taunting about his aim is ignored. The masked man had wanted her to think that he'd cast his bolt with the intention of actually striking her head. His true target, of course, had been that headstone all along.[break][break]

Of course, the very fact that he was manipulating lightning in such a way ran the risk of revealing his true identity to the one woman who knew those abilities more intimately than most. A risk that wouldn't matter soon anyway as she takes her Pokémon's place and submits him under threat of his own blade. He nearly fights back; nearly vanishes away in that instant.[break][break]

But, wracked by pain still and slightly delirious in thought, he simply looks up at her. Where had they gone wrong? He could have never imagined they would be here, right now, in these exact circumstances. Perhaps, in some other world, they're in a mountainside cabin somewhere sharing creature comforts.[break][break]

Even as the mask comes off, he looks up at her, almost adoringly, and imagines it:[break][break]

[break][break]

"Illeana... I loved you."
[break]

Despite the raw anger, despite the anguish leaking from her voice, despite the stinging pain at his neck, he needs to let her know: he loved her. He always had. And, on some level, he still did. Eyes soften, glistening with barely held back tears, desperate to convey a sincere apology where words have failed to show up at all.[break][break]

They widen in shock, however, when her fury spills over.[break][break]

And, in an instant, he TELEPORTS.[break][break]

[break]

MEANWHILE... the MEGA SABLEYE turns to find the vehement SHADOW DRAGAPULT shooting straight towards it. The trajectory of its flight doesn't change even when various SHADOW BALL are blasted towards it. Most are evaded as it phases in and out of the phantom zone, occasionally spinning in the flight to avoid others.[break][break]

Others strike it HEAD ON, but fail to stop its advance.
[break]

In real time, its fury appears to match that of Illeana's— but certainly for different reasons. That fury eventually manifests itself as lightning that crackles around its body like barbed wire when it reaches the midway point. Storm clouds swiftly gather above before, suddenly, a bolt of lightning attempts to strike down the Sableye with a deafening crack of THUNDER to follow.[break][break]

[break]

The thunder and lightning cast by his spectral dragon made for the perfect cover as reemerged behind . The cloaked admin closes the distance swiftly, attempting to SEIZE her into a GRAPPLE from behind. "Quit this now! Be reasonable!" He commands, locking one of her arms with his own while his other hand attempts to DISARM her of his katana.[break]

MP FUND PAGE[break]
MP GAUGE: 80[break][break]

[break][break]

📝 TLDR[break][break]

👾 3/5[break]
TELEPORTS![break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT recklessly takes SHADOW BALL head on![break]
SHADOW DRAGAPULT uses THUNDER on ENEMY SABLEYE![break]
attempts to seize from behind and DISARM her!

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vigilante shit [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 4:44:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she stares. it feels like time stops flowing, like space constricts into a stillness.

and despite herself, three little words have always held the horrid power of restraining her.

no fucking more.

"liar."

she goes to press the blade through, to end it all...

and he vanishes.

a scream, torn between furious and broken, echoes against the area around them and she doesn't have enough time to spin around looking for him.

no, he finds her first.

lightning and thunder crackle. in the background, her mega sableye uses the last of its fleeting power reserves to draw its giant gem into place. it shifts into a crouch and hunkers down beneath the gem, using it as a shield against the thunder.

remiel locks one of her arms into place and her face twists with emotion. she can't sort through the jumbled knots, can't tell which feeling to settle on. it all ends the same anyway...

"reasonable?"

she makes a quick movement with her free hand, sword held tightly with white knuckles. she stabs blindly behind at him, ignoring the way the blade catches on her own side. it's fitting, perhaps, to hurt herself just to make sure he feels the same amount of agony. and when she's certain she's hit him, she twists it and bites back the pained hiss. it's worth it. all of this will be fucking worth it if she can just get to the primal crystal, to god... she can be redeemed from this.

"this is reasonable."

but can he ever be redeemed? can he ever come back from this?

she's living for the thrill of hitting him where it hurts and it comes with a soft lie, shaky and furious.

"i never loved you."

tl;dr |
- let's fuckin go?
- mega sableye tries to block thunder with its gem
- illeana tries to stab remy
- she big mad...