Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
debt unpaid [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 13:11:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]She was right.[break][break]

It was hard. It was so hard. The agony that swelled in his chest and the grief that bled into his mind demanded that he run, keep running, and never stop running, until the battlefield was little more than a blur. The pain in his leg and his arm were nothing compared to the pain in his soul. To go back, he knew, was death. The second he turned away, he'd be intercepted and slaughtered like the animal he was.[break][break]

And yet, finally, he started to realize where he was. Mt. Pyre was an island. There was no forward. There was no out. There was only a cold, dead mountain atop a bloodstained sea. And the peak he scrambled up, desperate to escape the battle that raged behind him, was the Primal Point. It was the League's command center. He was surrounded. But maybe she was wrong. Maybe he could impact things from here. He'd just have to . . . to . . .[break][break]

What the fuck were they supposed to do with the Primal Point!?[break][break]

The goal was disruption. Harrass (but not destroy) the League, delay (but not ruin) their plan, and buy (what, a minute or two?) time for the meteor team to mine . . . something, and transport it home . . . somehow. It felt insane in every sense of the word.[break][break]

Did Anna truly think he could just run back and play medic? Two things mattered to Rocket; reaching the Primal Point, and keeping the League busy. Falling back to heal did neither of those things. If he ignored Anna, rushed the mountaintop in a heedless charge, and had his lifeless corpse flop onto the controls of the Point, he would accomplish more for Rocket than he would by falling back and breaking out a first aid kit.[break][break]

In that moment, Isaac realized this wasn't a battle. This was a slaughterhouse. They were here to die for another's gain.[break][break]

That was what Rocket, the symbol, wanted. And Isaac couldn't care less about it. In fact, it disgusted him. But Rocket, the people, needed him. Rocket, the people, could be protected. Just like he failed to protect Ash. Just like he failed to protect Kiryu. And while Rocket, the symbol, would care nothing for his death, he knew Rocket, the people, would grieve.[break][break]

"Promise me," Isaac started, his voice quiet as a mouse yet heavy as an elephant. "That I won't be gunned down the second I turn my back. That this isn't some big, fucked up trick. That I'm not just trading one waste of my life for another. I need you to promise me. Please."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,153 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
debt unpaid [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 21:20:48 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]

"i promise."
[break][break]
she's no rocket. she won't use the sight of his back as a learning opportunity in trusting others. the truth is — though it's too dangerous for her to admit out loud — if she wanted to, it would have been done already. he's been distracted, clouded by hurt, an easy target for to pick off if he teleported near their location.[break][break]
but she doesn't want to. his colleagues have hurt her, tormented her, tried to kill her, but a bullet between a retreating rocket's shoulder blades would be no justice.
[break][break]
"now promise me that you won't go after the primal crystal."[break][break]
she tips her head back to look at the top of the cliffside, briefly.
[break][break]
"the whole world depends on this."
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] + tldr [break]
+ +10 (ic post) +100 (complete battle) +200 (draw) = 440 mp

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
debt unpaid [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 21:43:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was a truth Isaac understood as well as Annalise. She was on a mount that could scour the skies, surrounded by backup, and in a far clearer state of mind than Isaac was. Isaac was a lone operative pinned to a wall and one sufficiently loud sound away from a panic attack.[break][break]

If Anna wanted him dead, he would be. This was how Isaac knew she was no soldier.[break][break]

Perhaps he should have taken advantage where she wouldn't. A quick snap of Sanford's vines in the face of seeming de-escalation could launch him high into the air, scaling the rest of this cliff with ease. As soon as he had visual, Knuckles' Aura Sphere could hit its mark from sight unseen, damaging the point before anyone knew what was going on. Perhaps he could blind his foes with Duster Blizzard, or Aubrey's overdecorated flashbang of a Pokeball. Or maybe he could even warp out through the Phantom Plane with Sanford's aid.[break][break]

That's what a soldier of Rocket may have done. But that wasn't Isaac. He wasn't about to risk his team's lives in some hasty gambit to become public enemy number one. Hell, if he was being honest, he didn't want to risk the fate of the world just so Walsh could play Minecraft for five more minutes.[break][break]

But none of that mattered. The first thing to cross that cliffside would have every gun and Pokemon in a 10 mile radius trained on them. He could be the most Rocket Rocket in the world. It was still a senseless suicide. This was why, without guilt in his heart in any direction, he turned to Annalise and nodded. "Alright. Deal."[break][break]

He wasn't out of this fight. He could still guide the lost, tend to the wounded, protect those under threat of death or worse. This wasn't surrender, though in Isaac's condition he knew it would be hard to fight much longer. As his adrenaline faded, pain rocketed back up his arm and leg. Yet despite this, Isaac held fast to Sanford, refusing to show weakness even in ceasefire.[break][break]

"I meant what I said, you know." The look in Isaac's eyes was equal parts haunted and wistful as he observed the battlefield from his vantage point. "You shouldn't have to be here. Hell, maybe none of us should be."[break][break]

He looked at the hockey mask in his hand. Its grated guard was like the bared fangs of a rabid beast. Its eyes were carved into a permanent state of rage, leaving no room for any other emotion. The voice modulator occasionally cracked and hummed, as if trying to speak for itself. Isaac's eyes narrowed. This wasn't him. This would never be him. He tried. But he failed.[break][break]

Taking the mask in both hands, he smashed it against a rock that protruded from the cliffside. It snapped in half, a final roar of hateful static echoing across the mountain.[break][break]

"I'm sorry."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
debt unpaid [mp]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 9:16:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: