315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 18:50:12 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt looked nervous. He was at his parents place in Fortree- the entire family was out of the house. They were in on Matt's little surprise he had coming for Nico. The entire house was dimly lit with candles. Several colored petals lined the floor. Leading from the front door, to the living room.

In the living room were several photos of the couple together. Some gift boxes scattered around, along with some cards from the family. But a note said to keep following the petals. They lead to the kitchen. Where a meal was prepared, it was actually one of Nico's favorite. A still sizzling steak on a griddle.

Matt was there, setting down two glasses of wine next to the food. He had expected Nico to come in right about now. Looking up at him, he smiled awkwardly. This was the most nervous he had ever been in his life. Even when he had gotten shot and had to call Nico, this was worse than that.

"Hey, love." Going over towards him, he gave a awkward smile. "I got something I've wanted to ask for a while.." Pulling out a box, he knelt to one knee. Opening the box, inside was a ring! But the ring had 's gym badge on it. After Matt had won the badge, he had went and had it turned into a wedding ring. His first badge, for his first love.

"Will you marry me?"

close tab

played by

Martyin

He/him
December 20
Foretree City
Gay
Trainer
Civilian
Matt Vice
Taken
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicodemus
nicodemus unken
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 15:09:22 GMT
nicodemus unken Avatar
The vast array of rose petals assaulting his sight and smell had prompted Nico to laugh a little. A delighted and lighthearted sound as he immediately realized why Matthew’s family had sent him inside. ’Go on inside! No special reason…’ The wide, Cheshire-cat like grin he saw on their faces made him instantly suspicious. However, the suspicion completely lacked any negativity or dread. He always felt safe and secure around Matthew’s family- the group practically radiated support and love. Regardless of how often Nico or Matt were to fail! For this reason, he had nothing to fear upon walking into an obvious trap. He couldn’t quite help but feel a tiny amusement along with his delight at the candles and petals.

”Jeez, you really got carried away.” Nico remarked while following the trail of petals. His amusement slowly died down to confusion as the scale of this setup had sunk in. More than just petals, he saw boxes of gifts, a note instructing him to follow the trail, and photos… Photos of them together. Nico lingered by the pictures, his amused smile turning into one of pure fondness. Having the peaceful privacy to just enjoy the moment allowed him to be immune to any embarrassment, his chest swelling with pride and love.

Knowing something was definitely up, Nico continued to follow the petals, eager to see what the payoff for all of this could possibly be. Was Matthew just feeling extra romantic tonight? Seems a bit strange to litter his family’s entire house just for an extra special date… A frown crossed his lips as his blood ran could for a moment, eyes going wide as he stopped before reaching the kitchen. ’Did I forget an anniversary?!’ Nico searched his mind, recalling their important dates… He couldn’t think of any. They first met years ago as children- neither could possibly remember the date. Was this the anniversary of their first date…?

No… Couldn’t be…

Nico shook his head in an effort to clear the anxious thoughts that were building up. The smell of rose petals mixed with something familiar and delicious helped soothe his nerves, and he entered the kitchen. A delicious steak dinner clearly awaited them- as freshly cooked as can be! Nico could also see the large array of sides available… But in truth, his silver eyes focused on Matthew. Possibly the softest sight his eyes laid on tonight. ”Matt…?” Nico said, a small smile tugging at his lips and eyes shining in relief. The anxiety disappeared, replaced with simple delight in seeing the other in front of him. He had to resist the urge to go right up to embrace the man-

What’d he just say…

The blond tilted his head as Matt voiced a ‘question’ he’d been pondering for a long while. Seeing a ring box was still not enough to clue in the young man to what was happening. Only upon seeing the ring did his eyes widen in disbelief, hearing the question that was so far from his mind. Mouth dropping open briefly before his hands went to cover it, shocked and briefly overwhelmed until the emotion came out as tears.

”Yes- yes! Of course- I’d love to!!” Nico was far too excited. He forgot a step and instead burst forward to tackle Matthew in a delighted hug and kiss.

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 15:27:07 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt's own nerves were getting him. What id Nico said no? That was silly. There's no way he'd say no! Right? Arceus he was praying there wasn't. He knew he was a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes.

Like getting shot. A lot of things.

But it all went away the nanosecond Nico said yes. His eyes went wide, about to put the ring on, only to be glomped by his now fiance. Smiling, he scooped him into his arms and swung him around. Matt had gotten a lot stronger lately, too. Squeezing Nico tight, he placed several kisses over his face. Showering him in affection.

"I was so scared you'll say no-"

A sound was heard in the corner... a camera?
close tab

played by

Galaxy

Sunspot
She/Her
October 22
Fortree
Pansexual
Greenhouse owner
Civilian
9 height
9 height
awards
146 posts
Aki Kumori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aki
Aki Kumori
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 15:30:50 GMT
Aki Kumori Avatar
It was indeed a camera. Aki stepped out from her hiding spot, holding up the camera as she went running through the kitchen. "I got it!" She hollered, running outside to the cheering crowd of people, which included her twin and his partner. The group outside whooping and hollering congratulations.

Aki quickly though began to shoo them. "Go on, git! I already ruined the moment. Go on, let them be. Git. Shoo." Huffing, she soon held up Techu's call. "Don't make me get the Furret."

Everyone departed after that!

close tab

played by

Martyin

He/him
December 20
Foretree City
Gay
Trainer
Civilian
Matt Vice
Taken
40 height
40 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicodemus
nicodemus unken
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 15:49:23 GMT
nicodemus unken Avatar
Nico was giggling and absolutely delighted as he was swung around. Having a strong fiancé brought many perks! Being smothered just left him so happy, his face heating up with blushes. He almost didn’t notice the happy tears he blinked away. ”I would never say no-!” Nico was practically blurting this out the same time Matt spoke-

Until both stopped at the sound of a camera…. ”Huh..?” Nico went blank faced as Aki suddenly went rushing by. Exiting the kitchen and proceeding to shout her victory to what was revealed to be the entire damn family. ”Ohhhjeeezz.” Nico laughed a little, feeling his nerves rising as he buried his face into Matt, ”Aaagghh... I probably look so gay…” He stated, laughing again to convey that he was still happy.

Aki really did show off why they were best friends. She already began shooing all the cheering extended family away before Nico even had a chance to feel anxious. All the sounds of cheering and support… It left Nico smiling fondly, ”She really is the best… Everyone sounded so happy, too…”

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 15:56:25 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
"Of course they're happy."

Another tight squeeze, hugging him close. "All the kids help put this together." Another smooch. "Helped wrapped gifts, mom and dad helped me with dinner, the smaller kids helped with the petals." Going to finally set him down, he pulled out the chair for Nico to get. Then making sure the glass of wine was close enough.

Going to sit across from him, he instantly went and placed his foot near his, making sure to leave some kind of touching connection between them.

"Everyone wants to help with the wedding but I'm not even sure... what to do with it. You and Aki are the more creative ones in that forte."

close tab

played by

Martyin

He/him
December 20
Foretree City
Gay
Trainer
Civilian
Matt Vice
Taken
40 height
40 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicodemus
nicodemus unken
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 17:04:00 GMT
nicodemus unken Avatar
”They did?! Awwh…” Nico couldn’t be smiling any bigger than he was now, returning Matthew’s smooth and seemingly content to just cling to his now-fiance. Though seeing the dinner was a good reminder of more pleasantry ahead, murmuring a thanks to his love for pulling a seat out for him. Almost a bit sad to see him sitting across the table rather than next to him- though feeling his foot made him happy to know they were thinking the same.

Looking over the dinner and still smelling the lovely rose petals… Nico could hardly believe how happy he was with all this. Even if the thought of a wedding gave him mixed thoughts… It didn’t matter. He would be happy being with Matthew for the rest of his life.

”Hnnmmm….” He hummed as he reached up to pick up the wine glass, simply sniffing the liquid at first. Wine or alcohol in general wasn’t something Nico indulged in too often, but a drink was perfect for a special event. ”I’m sure we’ll figure out something really fun for the wedding.” Nico replied, sounding as if he was making an effort to be positive. ”We can take our time planning it, too…” He trailed off, pondering over the logistics of such an event… They both had such a huge family to plan around…

”…I wonder… how Dad will react…” The inevitable was finally voiced. Although they hadn’t really hidden their relationship from Torolf, Nico also hadn’t directly told his father either…

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 17:22:00 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
As the conversation went to Torolf, Matt's face soured a bit. Sighing as he grabbed the wine, taking a huge swig, then placing it down. "I didn't... exactly ask him. Asked your sister and grandpa Tro, though." He did ask permission. Somewhere. At least.

"Pretty sure if I had he would have punched me in the face." An eye roll, but he reached over. "Try the corn, mom made it. S aid she added all the spices you like." He wasn't trying to change the subject, just lighten it. "I may have told Aki she has some creative control over helping us with theme... so I'll leave you to controlin' her." He teased, winking.

He was going to have to ask JT how the hell to write a vow. "I'm also sure Ash is gonna be all over it too. You know how those two are."

close tab

played by

Martyin

He/him
December 20
Foretree City
Gay
Trainer
Civilian
Matt Vice
Taken
40 height
40 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicodemus
nicodemus unken
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 18:09:43 GMT
nicodemus unken Avatar
Nico nodded a little sadly in response, glad to know they were both on the same page. It would’ve been a sweet notion if Torolf had given Matt permission, even if they weren’t exactly traditional, the thought would’ve been nice. Yet he was relieved that Matt wisely avoided that confrontation. ”Oh? You did ask them? That’s really sweet.” Involving his sister and grandpa Tronious was a perfect substitute. Nico almost wished he’d been there to see their faces!

Then the corn was mentioned. Nico couldn’t help gasping a bit dramatically, eyes going wide. Stacie did make the best corn on the cob! One of the cobs was snatched up and already being devoured. Butter, pinches of salt and garlic, green onions… It was perfection. ”Mmmnnhh… I guess you aren’t wrong about Aki… She is gonna help out in the wedding. It’ll be nice to have her helping out… Ash too.” Nico murmured in between bites. Deciding to avoid the topic of his dad for a little while longer, following Matts lead.

”You got anything you want to happen at a wedding? I’m not really that picky, but remind me if there’s anything important we gotta include.”

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 19:04:22 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt smiled as he devoured that corn. Seeing how excited he got brought a lot of joy to his heart. It helped with what had been on his mind recently. To ignore all the bad just to have this experience with Nico made it all worth it.

"The only real thought I have is location.. I'm thinkin' down near the waterfall? Plenty of room for a large crowd, can bring chairs, it's not to far from town. Nana and Dagger can easily help carry anything we need."

Some motions. "I do want to ask JT to be my best man... Assumin' you're askin' Ash, and I was thinking of asking Josh and Isaac to be groomsmen?"

close tab

played by

Martyin

He/him
December 20
Foretree City
Gay
Trainer
Civilian
Matt Vice
Taken
40 height
40 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicodemus
nicodemus unken
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 20:37:10 GMT
nicodemus unken Avatar
Delicious, sweet, buttery, over-spiced corn~ Such a delight~

The imagery of the waterfall brought Nico out of his food-moment. Humming a bit in thought and swallowing his food before responding. ”That sounds nice. I don’t think I have a… a particular location in mind for the wedding.” He replied, keeping his tone light, though his voice hesitated upon trying to imagine the large crowd. Large crowds of anonymous people were a bit nerve-wracking… But a large crowd of people they knew?

”Yes, definitely.” Despite the slight dread he felt, he responded immediately, ”Ash will be my best man… JT is fitting, too.” Some family obligations went unspoken. While none of them may have been related by blood, the close bond their family shared uncovered important bonds between all of them. He needed his chosen family there that day. ”Josh and Isaac, huh? That sounds nice. Yeah, I like that!” Nico had no real issue with either one of them.

”It’s… gonna be a lot just to make the guest list…”

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
protect you forever
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 23:36:30 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
"I think Aki claimed flowergirl." He laughed. "Tori going on your side, assumin'?" He just wanted to start getting a list. Frowning slowly at this. ".... perhaps we should ask Aki or maybe Tronious to help us a bit. I don't know anything about weddings, or I could ask mom and dad..." Lord, so many people.

"My family is going to take up the entire venue." Matt put a hand over his face in embarrassment. "Mom's gonna be so dang loud, cause she'll be so happy." Smiling, he reached out and took Nico's hand. "and I'll punch Torolf if he starts shit." He may have been, dead serious.