uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 7:25:03 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

"nah! i think you're fine, cal."[break][break]

when in truth she did very well make things worse. but at least she had good intentions![break][break]

uriah has spent enough time with ranger to know that most wild pokemon only attack when they are threatened. the sight of a towering abomasnow must've done just that to mama bewear.[break][break]

simisear climbs up and up and up until it reaches bewear's head. there, it slaps its hands down and summons a FLAME BURST, wanting to take the bewear down.[break][break]

the two humans duck behind a nearby tree, uriah chuckling with glee as adrenaline flows through him.[break][break]

"i think we got away..."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-simisear"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 17:47:53 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“You’re just humoring me,” she replies with a laugh, eyes rolling. She’s definitely made it worse.[break][break]

But it was a valiant effort. Maybe. She should’ve probably brought along someone a little less foreboding than the abomasnow. He’s usually a gentle giant, though! Really![break][break]

Calla should really know better, though, given that her brother is a ranger and prone to giving her fun facts about what he’s learning as he goes through training. Even so, she’s never had a smart head for training. Maybe she should get better at that?[break][break]

Or maybe she just wants to be a little impressive at the end of the day, even in something that isn’t in her wheelhouse.[break][break]

They have no choice but to leave the 2v1 match to peter out, and she doesn’t really think about how close she is standing to him as she peers around the trunk of the tree again to make sure it’s still going okay.[break][break]

Then she laughs, that spike of adrenaline affecting her just as much. “Just barely! I thought we were gonna get squashed.” Like their sushi probably is now…

[break][break]

// m: country bear jamboree

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-abomasnow"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#dbb66b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 11:07:35 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"nah, i always knew we had it in us to be great rangers."[break][break]

that's one career path he's never bothered going down. he's done the military, the police force, but not the rangers. maybe that's his next path after he's done with akura.[break][break]

only as he finds himself catching his breath while leaning mostly against her does he realize just how close they are, and while the warmth does return, so too does the hurt from that night.[break][break]

he inches away slightly.[break][break]

"our lunch is most likely gone, though...cal...i'm really hungry..."

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 17:12:11 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She barks out a laugh, “Oh, in that case, let’s just cancel your next meeting and go to the ranger office in Slateport while we’re on a roll.” There’s no way Cal would cut it as a ranger. Well, maybe she wouldn’t do too bad, but that’s definitely her brother’s wheelhouse, not hers.[break][break]

The way he scoots away isn’t lost on her. She definitely notices the creation of space, even if the fact that they were so close wasn’t exactly an intentional thing. And of course, she knows that she only brought that on herself with her weirdness that night.[break][break]

Still, she can’t ignore the sting she feels[break][break]

Chewing on her bottom lip, her glance flits up to him, and then away as she shrugs the bad feeling off. Just keep pretending it’s okay.[break][break]

“Well…I don’t know, maybe we can go to a drive-thru somewhere..? Because there’s no way that sushi survived…” Her own stomach rumbles, clearly of the same mind.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 11:12:21 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"why not? we'd be the best ranger duo out there."[break][break]

for a moment, he genuinely considers it but ultimately decides that he would not last as a ranger. too low pay.[break][break]

"that's probably for the best. that sushi was questionable."[break][break]

it would not have ended well, he's pretty sure.[break][break]

after a moment, he peers back around the corner to see the bewear retreating along with her children. he breathes a sigh of relief, then looks back around at calla next to him.[break][break]

"wanna go get some burgers after this?"

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 18:05:31 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“You’ve got a lot of confidence in us,” she glances up at him with a laugh.[break][break]

Maybe they’re better sticking to meetings and projects, rather than ranger work, though.[break][break]

“Yeah, I guess so. Blessing in disguise.”[break][break]

She peeks around the other side of the tree when he does, and she thinks they must look so comedic like that. Just hiding behind a tree because a bewear wanted their lunch.[break][break]

“Yeah, burgers sound way better.” Though the ursine are retreating, she still hesitates to step away from their hiding spot. “We should probably hustle, huh? In case they change their minds, and come back?” Her expression drops into a slight frown. “I don’t think I can move near as quick, though.” Stupid messed up knee.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 9:53:21 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah, we probably should."[break][break]

it'll also help them get to their meeting on time.[break][break]

at the sight of her frown, no matter how small, he's immediately looking to reassure her however he can.[break][break]

"want me to carry you?"

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:19:33 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Good, glad you agree.”[break][break]

Not that she could really do anything but debate it if he had disagreed. As they discuss, Calla’s abomasnow lumbers over, ready to go back into his pokeball to resume his nap.[break][break]

Given the degree of tension that lingers between them, she doesn’t expect Uriah to ask.[break][break]

Heat lifts to color her face with a hint of pink as she nods once, then twice. “Okay, sure, yeah. It’d be helpful, if you don’t mind.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 10:16:51 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

this isn't that personal, right? all he's doing is making sure they get back to the car in time to make the drive-through and then the meeting. surely, this would be fine.[break][break]

thoughts race through his head as he nods, then with a gentleness perhaps unexpected from someone of his build, he picks her up, carrying her bridal style (as opposed to having her on his back which probably would've been the better option).[break][break]

with her now in his arms, he cannot help but peer down at her.[break][break]

"all good?"

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 4:36:13 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]She is completely, totally, one hundred percent expecting him to stoop down so that she can climb on his back for a piggyback ride. So when he scoops her up into his arms instead, she can’t mask the embarrassing squeak of surprise that slips out.[break][break]

Color flushes deeper under her skin, and she feels so unexpectedly small. Still, she looks back up at him and powers through the surprised, flustered feeling. Reaching over she gives him a quick little pat pat on the chest. Or maybe more like his clavicle.[break][break]

Whatever, it’s a nervous reaction regardless. “Yep! All good, onnnwarrdd.” It’s only awkward if she makes it awkward, right?

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 16:09:04 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

all those hours spent in the gym have finally paid off now to reward him with being able to carry her the way he's doing and not even break a sweat. it helps that she's light as a feather, but still.[break][break]

the small pats on his chest/clavicle has him chuckling.[break][break]

"okay! onward it is."[break][break]

it does not take them long to return to the car. his simisear's done a good job with cleaning up after them as it comes running up with their basket in hand. it hops into the car as soon as the door opens.[break][break]

there, he sets her down gently, still smiling.[break][break]

"okay! looks like we made it back safely."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 4:31:36 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] She continues to feel small and light as he carries her without issue. And at a quickened pace at that. Calla shifts between watching the foliage pass them by and his face from a shielded angle—hiding behind the curtain of her hair.[break][break]

If he catches her at it, he doesn’t seem to let on. Which she’s admittedly grateful for.[break][break]

She’s sure to give his simisear a scratch on the head for his good work. He’s clearly more active than her lazy abomasnow.[break][break]

“Thanks,” she says quietly as her feet touch down to the ground again. For a split second, she holds onto his arm for just a beat longer before scooting around to her side of the car.[break][break]

She looks down at her watch. “I think for the timely effort, you get to pick where we go.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 11:01:02 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

uriah would've rounded to her side to open the door for her but that feels a bit much considering their delicate situation. instead, he simply gets into the car, making sure to shoo his simisear into the backseat beforehand.[break][break]

"i'll make sure to pick carefully."[break][break]

the drive to the mcdonald's is brisk and short. there's not much traffic this early in the day which helps as well. the car rolls along, and soon enough, they'd pick up their orders before stopping in the car park.[break][break]

"do we have enough time to eat?"

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 23:19:47 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] She’s reminded of how hungry she is by the time they reach the pickup window and she’s handed their bags of food to hold as Uriah continues driving.[break][break]

“uhhhhh….” Calla looks down at her watch, “Yeah, just barely. But we should be fine since we’re at least in the car already and sort of technically on the way to the office.”[break][break]

Did people care about eating in the car versus eating outside? She doesn’t really care, so as soon as the time is read, she’s digging through the bag to hand him his things, one by one.[break][break]

“Really good selection, by the way,” she says with a snort of laughter as she sips at her coke then sets it back in the cupholder. Can’t go wrong with mcdonalds, really.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 14:24:16 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

eating in the car is all nice and fun until someone accidentally spills something, making it a pain to clean up. out of the two of them, uriah's definitely the messier eater, and it would not be far-fetched to assume that it would be him that might make a mess.[break][break]

so far so good even with that many ketchup packets being ripped open.[break][break]

"i can't tell if that's sarcasm but thank you. i do pick the best stuff."[break][break]

chicken nuggets get dipped in ketchup as he speaks.[break][break]

"so i'm sure you know but the meeting's a pitch to try and get them to switch their logistics over to us."[break][break]

calla's attended many of those.[break][break]

"any interest in pitching?"