cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 2:40:41 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

There won’t be many more days like this before it gets too cold to stay outside for extended periods of time.[break][break]

There might not be many more days, period, a sardonic voice in the back of her mind chimes, but Calla shuts that away. Nothing would get done if everyone stopped in their tracks in the wake of apparent impending doom. Meteor crash or not, she’s got a job to do, and apparently that includes leaving the city for a bit for a respite in between meetings and PR appearances.[break][break]

Even if Uriah’s got one of those meeting’s in exactly two hours. At least 110 isn’t far off the beaten path. They’ll be back in no time. She still commiserates with herself over the risk of losing out on keeping to a punctual schedule.[break][break]

Bicyclists zoom over the short path far overhead as she turns to look over at him. “Where’s good to stop?” She bites off the part where she’s about to grouse about the hunger that’s started to gnaw in her stomach since they started walking.
[break][break]

// m: country bear jamboree

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-abomasnow"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#dbb66b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 10:19:08 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

uriah tries his best not to think about the impending doom that awaits them. or might await them. stressing about it does him no good, after all, as he is powerless in the grand scheme of things. even akura to a certain degree, apart from councilman 's influence.[break][break]

"i think here's good? it's nice and shady."[break][break]

and it's a bit off to the side which allows them some privacy.[break][break]

once there, he is quick to set out the blanket over the grass before placing the basket down.[break][break]

"how much time do we have?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-simisear"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 3:47:17 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]To his credit, Uriah does a capable job at distracting Calla from that sense of impending doom. Mostly. Maybe because she’s too busy stressing about his daily schedule to think about the bigger picture. And also because she’s maybe internally scrambling to reconcile the night at the bar and everything that followed.[break][break]

She’s pretty sure that this is the first time they’ve really been alone since then.[break][break]

Despite her obvious worries, it’s also a nice feeling to realize they can have a moment lacking formality.[break][break]

“Good. Because my stomach is gonna eat itself.” She holds aloft two plastic bags in either hand. Everything they could fit in their arms from a gas station bodega. Fine dining, obviously.[break][break]

Calla is also quick to remove her shoes to stand on the blanket. Despite her stockings, the walking had started to irritate her heels. Then checks her wrist watch. “An hour and a half, more or less.”
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 15:25:12 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"that's plenty of time."[break][break]

in reality, it just might not be because time seems to fly by when he's with her which speaks to the quality of it, perhaps.[break][break]

uriah takes his shoes off as well but leaves his socks on as he steps onto the blanket. it shifts slightly underneath his weight; his foot moves to smooth over the crinkles before finally sitting.[break][break]

reaching into the two plastic bags, he pulls out everything they bought, setting it out nicely on the blanket. it reminds him of how they set up the baking stall once, though this is definitely far fancier.[break][break]

like the "gas station sushi. i cannot wait to try this."

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 2:59:05 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“You say that now, and in an hour and fifteen minutes we’re going to be sprinting. She cannot sprint by a long shot, but she still makes the claim. “I’d bet money on that.”[break][break]

Maybe she shouldn’t be betting on their poor time management, but it’s true– time moves quickly around him.[break][break]

Calla settles on the blanket neatly, legs folded and half tucked under her as her skirt fans out in a prim circlet of patterned color. Idly, she picks at bits of grass that have settled on the blanket before she grabs the other bag.[break][break]

“You mean you’re not interested in the–” she fishes, arm twisting awkwardly to read the package container, “gas station egg salad sandwich?” When did she even grab this?[break][break]

There really is a mixture of everything, as if they were just grabbing stuff at random which might’ve been half-true.[break][break]

She has never been an upscale sort of person, in funds or dining. So she’s decently acquainted with gas station snacks. “What sort of sushi roll is it? I can make all the difference, trust.”
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 10:12:07 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh ew, sounds wonderful. why'd you even grab that?"[break][break]

he asks, laughing because none of the items they picked out go well with each other. in fact, it's almost as though they made it a point to pick the most absurd food combinations possible.[break][break]

at her question, he flips the package up, not realizing that he might've just ruined the delicately rolled sushi within.[break][break]

"it's something called the dynamite roll."[break][break]

he reaches for a pair of chopsticks only to break them apart. he offers it to her.[break][break]

"you first."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 3:38:15 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“I don’t know! I think at that point I was just grabbing what was closest.” Time was ticking, after all. Always on a timer, or something to that effect. She might attempt to try it, but the jury was still out on that one.[break][break]

Instead, Calla picks up one of a scattering of slimjims and tears open the package. “Don’t think I’ve had one of these since I was like twelve.” That might be a fib.[break][break]

The sushi rolls definitely thump against the lid as he flips it, but Calla only laughs at that lack of awareness. “Those should be good. Never get the tuna roll. Bad news, every time. No matter where, I swear it.”[break][break]

She holds her hand up in a solemn vow to prove her sincerity.[break][break]

Her glance shifts to him, distracted from the jerky stick in her hand when the chopsticks are offered to her. “Not gonna say no to that.” She pinches one of the slices from the roll and pops it in her mouth before offering the chopsticks back. Did they only remember one set?[break][break]

“Spiiiichee,” she confirms with a thumbs up once she swallows.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 10:40:39 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh hell yeah. give me that meat stick."[break][break]

those are what slimjims are, right? either way, he reaches for one and eats it within a few seconds. way quicker than she does the dynamite roll.[break][break]

"very, very, very dry."[break][break]

he even struggles to swallow it so he has to reach for whatever drink they bought. oddly enough, it's mountain dew, one of his favorites. the rest of the meat stick is swallowed easily enough.[break][break]

"ok ok. swap with me."[break][break]

slimjims for the dynamite rolls.

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 1:49:34 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]The enthusiasm makes her laugh and she offers one of them to him with no protest. “Meat stick is such an unflattering name for it.”[break][break]

Even if that’s exactly what it is.[break][break]

“I dunno, they’re still kinda good though.” Or maybe Calla just has questionable taste. And really she shouldn’t be wrinkling her nose as he washes it down with mountain dew, but that’s exactly what she does. “That stuff’s like radioactive.” Why else would it be so green?[break][break]

She hands over the sushi container, and takes another slimjim for herself. “Feast of kings?” Maybe not quite.
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 12:09:26 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

a big gulp later and the bottle of green liquid lowers he tilts down at it, gesturing a moment later.[break][break]

"um, but then why does it taste this good if it's bad for you?"[break][break]

he uses the same logic he's used since he was a child.[break][break]

accepting the sushi container, he quickly plops one into his mouth, dipped in wasabi and everything only to exhale through his nose.[break][break]

"feast of kings."[break][break]

a feast that is soon interrupted by a guttural roar that sounds from the near distance. he pauses mid-bite, resuming slowly before swallowing.[break][break]

"that wasn't me..."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 4:31:15 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Um, that’s how it gets you, obviously! By tasting good then POW! you’re radioactive before you know it.” She’s exaggerating, of course.[break][break]

Maybe.[break][break]

She’s deciding that this was a good way to spend their down time when she hears it too. “You sure you’re not just extra hungry?” she teases lightly, but still, she sets her food to the side.[break][break]

“Oh.” Aquamarine eyes fix on a few fuzzy, pink heads popping out of the underbrush. A few curious stuffuls, it looks like. “They must have smelled the food?” Were their noses that keen? She doesn’t know.[break][break]

She turns back to look at Uriah, an amused smile on her face. But it quickly drops when her stare drifts over his shoulder.[break][break]

“Oh,” she repeats as she lifts a finger to point. Her voice drops low in apprehension with a nervous laugh as the rumbling growls grow louder with approach. “Uri…bewear.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 9:51:01 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"ooooh they're so cute!"[break][break]

it's hard not to gush over the approaching stuffuls. just look at their fuzzy, pink heads! adorable.[break][break]

in his admiration over them, he does not hear it until after calla points it out, and even then, it does take him a few seconds.[break][break]

"be ware of what?"[break][break]

it takes his simisear who had been chilling in the basket poking its head out and pointing behind uriah for him to finally turn.[break][break]

"oh shit! bewear!"

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 4:14:54 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Aren’t they??” Too bad they can’t admire their cuteness for long.[break][break]

She shakes her head frantically, silver hair whipping around her face. No, bewear!”[break][break]

Her eyes dart to the simisear, and her head shaking turns to nodding as it points. Then it clicks in his head. “Um…what should we do?”[break][break]

Even as she asks, Calla’s hand is slowly reaching for her bag as the bewear lumbers closer. Clearly it thinks they’re easy pickings. The cute stuffuls don’t seem so cute anymore as they cheer on what is probably the mama bewear.[break][break]

Her fingers finally close around the pokeball in her purse, and in a flash, there’s an abomasnow released into the space behind them—hovering over them and staring down the bewear as it stands upright.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 3:37:06 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

despite the tenseness of the situation, words easily flow out as uriah rambles his thoughts.[break][break]

"i read somewhere that we should play dead but i can't remember if it's the right approach against a bewear..."[break][break]

but the appearance of calla's abomasnow sends them down a path. the bewear peers up at it, tilting its head in confusion only to swing its HAMMER ARM up at it moments after.[break][break]

"woah! okay!"[break][break]

not much of a fighter, simisear joins in regardless and leaps onto the bewear to FURY SWIPE at it.[break][break]

uriah reaches out for calla, wanting to lead them away.

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 4:31:54 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Sorry, what? Play dead??” Wouldn’t that just make them bigger targets? She doesn’t know anything about bewear, so it’s not like she has any better ideas.[break][break]

“…Did I just make things worse?” She asks him, head tilting in Uriah’s direction, though her eyes don’t tear away from the bewear.[break][break]

Behind them, Rufus bellows—clearly annoyed that this is interfering with his long nap. They are right in between the scuffle that kicks up immediately, as her abomasnow retaliates to the HAMMER ARM with a heavy hit of his own. Though the WOOD HAMMER might only serve to make it more mad when coupled with the simisear clinging to its back.[break][break]

Food forgotten, Calla reaches back and secures her hand in his as the stuffuls scatter as they try to retreat.
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]