cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 4:36:15 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“It was both sarcastic and legitimate,” she replied with a dry laugh. Who was gonna protest McDonalds?[break][break]

Neatly, she unwraps a McDouble, then lifts the top bun to pick off the pickles. Yuck. As she does so, she listens and nods along. [break][break]

“Yeah, I’ve got copies of your agenda, and have read over the points.
As well as the ones in the supplementary PowerPoint.”
[break][break]

It’s all routine, of course. She’s just lifting the burger to her mouth when he asks his question, and she freezes in place, mouth still open as her glance moves up to his. “Me? What for?” She’s a far cry from a businesswoman.

[break][break]

// m: country bear jamboree

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-abomasnow"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#dbb66b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 10:00:08 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i just thought it might be good practice."[break][break]

he reaches over for her discarded pickles to put them into his mcdouble.[break][break]

"as much as it pains me, i know you aren't going to be my assistant forever. so i guess i wanted you to have left akura well-equipped and ready for anything."[break][break]

even now, the thought of her leaving is bittersweet.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-simisear"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 0:33:20 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Well, I guess you’re not wrong,” she says with a thoughtful hum, glance shifting to the side in consideration.[break][break]

It’s not exactly what she’s studying per se, but it couldn’t hurt to practice the set of persuasion against a room of people who wouldn’t expect it of her.[break][break]

She smiles briefly as her pickles are stolen away. Truly, he can have all of her pickles anytime he likes. But she’s not going to say that out loud.[break][break]

“I mean, hopefully that won’t be anytime soon,” she retorts, eyeing him suspiciously, “you’re not about to go looking for my replacement, huh?”[break][break]

The question is an obviously teasing one, even if the idea itself makes her stomach drop nervously. “Internships don’t exactly pay the bills, y’know?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 17:15:17 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"your replacement? i don't think anyone could replace you, cal."[break][break]

and though it's said in a light and airy manner that could be construed as a joke, he means it. he will likely have to go assistantless for a while and put off hiring a replacement.[break][break]

but that's a problem for the future.[break][break]

"i mean, you could always work full-time here and we'll find you a position that you want."

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 23:06:17 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] The compliment makes her heart flutter stupidly, and she may or may not hide her smile behind her cheeseburger. “Nahhh, assistants are a dime a dozen.” It still makes her feel special, though.[break][break]

“As much as I love being your assistant, I’m not sure the business world is my wheelhouse.” And she means that, really— the part about working for him. It’s not the dream job she envisions, but for someone struggling to pay for tuition, it’s a good job.[break][break]

And that’s why she’s afraid to lose it.[break][break]

“Plus, you know, full time school…full time work…I mean, as much as I like to think I’m Wonder Woman,” she pauses, shooting him a grin as her nose wrinkles, “don’t think I hold a candle to Diana of Themyscira.” Oops. Nerd, confirmed.
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 15:33:55 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"uh, i think you could. you'd at least put up a fight."[break][break]

he chuckles, hiding his smile behind another bite of his cheeseburger. oh, it's the last bite, actually. he eats really quickly. basically devours his food.[break][break]

the wrapping paper is folded into a neat square before being tossed into the plastic bag which has since been turned into the designated trash bag.[break][break]

"what would you rather be doing? like, what do you wanna do after graduating?"

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 22:22:43 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “Hah, I guess that’s fair enough.” She scoffs lightly, the noise an amused one. At least he recognizes the fact that she’s a bit of spitfire. Or just obnoxiously stubborn.[break][break]

She eats her own food a bit slower, but still manages to keep up at a slight lag. But that’s fine, because he’s the one driving. She dabs her fries at some ketchup as she considers her question.[break][break]

“I guess I’m not sure what exactly, but I’m a communications major. So something in journalism would be ideal.” She hums, pausing. “Preferably writing, not presenting. I think my wit is better on paper.”[break][break]

A joke, of course.[break][break]

“Kinda always wanted to write, though. Make more of an impact that way.” She’s got all these journals from Kanto. She doesn’t look at them often. But all of her memories are right there. Mostly ugly, but documented.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 11:12:06 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

already his mind is thinking of any connections he has in the world of journalism. naturally, it's his father with the majority of them but uriah has a few back in sinnoh. none here, though, which sucks because he really wants to help out in any way he can.[break][break]

"i know i haven't read your writing but i think you'd be an amazing one."[break][break]

he peers over at her, offering a genuine comment.[break][break]

"you'd be amazing at anything you choose to do, actually."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 16:29:03 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Cal doesn’t know, of course, that he’s trying to pull together contacts in his head for her. But she can tell he’s thinking about something. That is, until his compliment details her own line of thinking.[break][break]

“Would you like to, sometime?”[break][break]

She blurts the questions out before she can think better of it, and her face immediately flushes brightly. She isn’t used to sharing her writing with anyone who isn’t a professor or peer.[break][break]

Her more personal writing, anyway.[break][break]

“I mean, if you want.” She shoves more fries in her mouth to keep from saying anything dumb as her face shifts to a brighter shade of red as he continues.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 7:36:47 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

her offer surprises him even if it shouldn't have. the widening of his eyes is accompanied by a smile and a nod, eager to accept what he feels to be really personal.[break][break]

it's a step in the direction he wants to go in even if he's trying to convince himself otherwise.[break][break]

"yes! i'd love that."[break][break]

so, so much.[break][break]

"i'd offer the same but pretty sure the last time i wrote was in middle school."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 23:10:02 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] The enthusiasm she's greeted with surprises her, and her own eyes go wide. "Ah, okay," she manages to say once she's swallowed down the last of her fries. "Maybe not my like...article projects, those are sort of boring." She's taken a creative writing class, just because it was required to strengthen her use of language. Maybe something from that.[break][break]

She's already thinking way too hard about it, and the rosy color remains in her face as a result. Because it is personal to her. It's a piece of herself that's kept her afloat for years. When things were bad before Hoenn, there were always her journals when she didn't want to burden with her anxieties. Even if she's not still pouring all of that stress out in the same way, it's an exercise that's important, and tied close to her.[break][break]

Handing that over to him willingly is no small thing. Not to her. And it runs contrary to what she did that night at his apartment so she's probably only confusing him further, but it feels like the thing she wants to do.[break][break]

And a small, small part of her wants him to be impressed with her. Not like, just because he believes it. But because it's there, and he sees it. The tangible proof that she's capable.[break][break]

A small breath of laughter shrugs off the depth of her thoughts. "Aw, but I bet it was still so cool. I wonder what sort of things middle schooler Uriah liked to write about."

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 11:19:54 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

as someone who isn't an artist, he wouldn't be able to entirely relate to her as to what it would feel like to allow someone in on his art, be it in the form of writing or something else. but he imagines it must feel intimate on some level. personal. which just further confuses him because of what had happened a couple of weeks ago.[break][break]

but instead of focusing on all of that (which he will definitely do so later), he focuses on her instead. focuses on how endearing it is to see her surprised by his enthusiasm.[break][break]

"uh nothing creative, i imagine. probably like superheroes and stuff."[break][break]

his writing probably would've had tons of dialogue with very little in between.[break][break]

"but yes, i'd love that. for today, i'll handle the meeting no problem."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 5:04:30 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Her vulnerability is definitely something to mull on later once she’s alone again and questioning what she’s offered to him. For now she just delights in the fact that someone is interested enough to want to read the things she writes. Even more so that it’s him. But yes. She’ll definitely be majorly embarrassed about the mixed signals later.[break][break]

She laughs, head tipping back to lean against the headrest as she looks over at him. “That sounds so cute, though. Were you the superhero?”[break][break]

It’s a bit easy to imagine—a younger Uriah envisioning himself a cape-wearing city saver.[break][break]

“That sounds good to me,” she smiles at him before idly glancing down to the phone screen in her lap. Her face quickly blanches.[break][break]

“Oh, shoot! We should get moving or there won’t be any meeting to handle at all.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 10:21:42 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh yeah i definitely was, and i was the best superhero out there."[break][break]

his dream of fighting crime started young. it was one of the reasons why he joined the military in the first place and later the police force.[break][break]

having lost track of the time, he's glad for the reminder because being late would've definitely sucked. he wipes his hands with a piece of tissue one last time before nodding.[break][break]

"okay! is your seatbelt fastened?"[break][break]

only when she answers does he start to pull out of the parking lot.

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
hibernate. [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 20:53:13 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “I believe it. You’d make a good superhero.”[break][break]

Though she laughs as she says it, Calla believes that too. It makes her wonder a little bit why he’s here at Akura, and didn’t stick to what he was doing before.[break][break]

Maybe she can ask later, though. When they’re not about to be late to a meeting.[break][break]

“Yup, good to go.” Said as she clicks the belt into place. Though it’s still not perfect, the outing seems to end on a slightly more positive note. Maybe some of that tension has finally started to ease.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]