Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 3:06:56 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar

With the work week mostly done, Aubre departed for her clinic’s second branch. It was there where she did most of her work with oversized and wild Pokemon. In truth, this was her favorite part of the week. She might work and spend most of her time in the city, but her home would always be here. Breathing in fresh, countrified air surrounded by greenery and quiet.

But her daughter didn’t feel the same. The toddler preferred to spend her time staring at encyclopedias and huddled in her room. It made Aubre worry about her levels of Vitamin D. Sometimes, she wondered if the kid had been bitten by a Zubat or something. In hopes of kindling some fondness for the outdoors, Aubre took her on every couple of trips out to the patient retreat.

Which they were arriving at this very moment. Returning their mount home with a nod and a murmured thank you, Aubre grabbed the toddler’s hand. “Are you excited to see all the Audino? They are one of the most adept healing Pokemon in—” Big blue eyes blinked up at her as the child walked forward, the picture of surliness. Though tiny, her voice was enough to punch through Aubre’s defenses. “No.” Michaela huffed. “They’re stupid.” Shaking her head, Aubre ran forward to grab the grumpy toddler’s hand.

In short order, they arrived at the large west pasture. Inside, looking like the historical creature he was descended from, a giant Tropius browsed. One of his wings had been burnt away and his frame was much smaller than that of a typical male of his kind. “Good afternoon, Gregory.” Aubre called up to the sauropod with a surprisingly broad smile. “How’s it going up there, big guy?” The long neck bellowed in greeting.

Whatever poison had crippled him seemed almost entirely banished. A new wing was sprouting in the place of the other.

The Tropius swiveled his head towards the doctor. His eyes narrowed suspiciously at the smaller human beside her. While wild just a few weeks ago, he no longer reared at the doctor’s touch. Seeing his discomfort, Aubre held out a hand to her toddler, who was currently trying to crawl under the fence. “Stay here, okay, Mikky? I just want to check on him really quickly."

Huffing irritably, the toddler flopped against one of the fence posts. An Oricorio—currently in Sensu form—settled beside her.

Aubre, meanwhile, clambered her way over the fence and into the paddock. From within her satchel, she pulled out a large tube of anti-fungal cream and a bottle of specialized antidote. While she gestured, she tried her best not to look at the animal’s feet. Not to imagine herself turned into copper-tufted toothpaste beneath those plates of solid wood. “Can you lower your head for me, please? I’d clamber up there, but..” Without protest, the grass-type did as requested.

Off came the cap of the tube. Standing on her tippy toes, the doctor went about applying the ointment. “It really does look a lot better. I don’t think it will be a problem for much longer. Though it could come back if we don't keep an eye on it…” As she shifted, her cardigan and accompanying t-shirt rose with her.

Beneath it lay horrific, twisted, reddened skin.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 3:23:01 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

An injured Tropius had been a guest at the Ranch. Poisoned, and with one of his wings burnt off, it wasn't the worst thing they had seen, but it was pretty bad. Thankfully, the loving team of pink and cream-colored medics took good care of the Tropius. They had managed to take care of the poison, and a new wing was beginning to grow where the old one was.

One of the Audino would spot the toddler, and the Oricorio at the fence post. The bipedal rabbit walked over, crying out softly in greeting to the two new guests. Dede was one of the more openly sociable of the group, while not being as 'aggressive' as Pulse, in terms of friendliness.

The unlikely owner of an army of the soft, pink creatures would walk up to greet the doctor. The tall man, with the scar running down his face was about to speak, when he noticed the burn scars on her back. Thomas wasn't one to question the conservative dress sense of others in the Region, considering his own, but seeing what he saw made sense.

Rather than startle her while she was working on applying treatment to the Tropius, Thomas would let her work, and would look over to see how the toddler was getting along with Dede.

tags:
notes: Mostly Dede greeting Michaela

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 22:02:19 GMT

The approach of the bunny and her owner went unnoticed. The giant dinosaur beside her breathed heavily enough to deafen the noise. Much of her view, meanwhile, was blocked by a giant wooden neck.

“Gregory! Stop!” Aubre was fighting laughter when Thomas arrived. The giant dinosaur decided to thank her by trying to lick her face. Gloved hands reached up to gently grasp his face, trying her best to keep his head in place in place. “My husband would be quite displeased, you know?” A bellow ended his affections as he turned towards the fence.

It was the Oricorio who spotted their greeter first. A gentle coo emerged from his beak as he moved to rearrange his head feathers. The slouched pose he’d adopted with the child vanished as the dancing bird adopted a more graceful pose. One wing swept elegantly in front of him, allowing him to sweep into a bow. “Rio!”

Looking up from her seated position, tapping at mommy’s phone, Michaela frowned at the bunny creature. “Hm.” Big blue eyes blinked at the fairy-type. Her head tilted. After a moment of introspection, Audino received her verdict. “You’re fat.”

At those two words, Aubre’s head whipped around with the force of a Hoot-Hoot. “Michaela! That is not a nice thing to say!” As she turned to face the child, she found herself looking at Thomas. “Oh! Arceus!” The woman startled, hands lifting briefly to her chest before worrying at her shirt and jacket. “Thomas—” She began as her cheeks darkened. “I am SO sorry.” Green eyes shifted to the Audino.

“Same to you, Dede.” Aubre’s voice dropped to a whisper as she approached the fence. Both gloves were tugged off and tossed into a bin strapped to the fence. Sometimes Aubre wondered if the smell of them would ever go away. Emerald eyes locked onto her daughter. “She’s been going through a…phase.” Likely due to how horrible of a mom she’d been lately. First, she split up with Leon, and now all that mommy-daughter time was shifting into mommy-daughter-work time.

The toddler huffed. “It IS fat, though.”

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 2:59:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Audino smiled and waved back at the Oricorio. Upon hearing the toddler's remark, Dede looked more confused than anything. She would then look to the red-haired woman as she chastised her daughter, before noticing Thomas coming in.

"What do you have to be sorry for?", Thomas asked her. "As long as she's not trying to pull off her feelers, or anything.", he semi-joked.

The Audino shrugged, not bothered by what the toddler had to say. She would rush over to to Thomas, to give her master a hug. Thomas would crouch down, and pick up the pink healer, holding her in his arms as a hand stroked the top of her head gently. As his hand ran through her fine pink and cream-colored fur, the Audino cooed, nuzzling Thomas affectionately.

"Gregory's been a good boy, of course. The little ones really took to him quickly.", he'd tell her with a gentle smile.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 5:39:21 GMT

The Oricorio, seemingly mollified by this modicum of attention, let out a cheery whistle and a small salute. This was followed by a few shifts of his feet, recognized as the beginnings of his Sensu dance. Unfortunately, his Casanova act seemed to do little. The fair maiden seemed content to rush into the arms of the more rugged, broader-shouldered man. “Corio!” He cooed in farewell.

Michaela just stared up at the Audino, her little lips pursed into a thoughtful pout. The thing did not react to what she said, and she wasn’t sure how to feel about that. “Hmph.” Especially when the toddler admitted the fairy rabbit was kind of cute. It looked like a big pink marshmallow. She wanted to squeeze it.

Too stubborn to ask for it to come to play, Mikky crossed her arm and leaned moodily against the fence post. Big, inquisitive blue eyes lifted to the man talking to mommy. She didn’t like him. He looked like daddy—if daddy ate a bunch of rocks.

Aubre rubbed their nervous hands against her jeans. “I am her mother. It’s my responsibility to make sure she knows better.” Her cheeks flared red It wasn’t as if she hadn’t tried to get Mikky to play nice with others. Quite the opposite, in fact. “And, what she said was quite uncalled for.” You did not see mean things about other people’s bodies. At the continuation, she chuckled. “Fortunately, her tongue is the only sharp thing on her.”

The interaction between trainer and Audino drew out a small smile. None of her Pokemon were that cuddly anymore. Even the Girafirag rarely tolerated her strokes these days.

At the mention of Gregory, the redhead turned to face to her patient. “I find most Tropius to be easygoing. Something fortunate for all of us.” A rampaging plant dinosaur was far from idea. “My father uses one at his gym.” Aubre remembered many nights spent napping on the beast’s broad back. “Still, I am glad to hear he has been such a gentleman.” It almost made up for her daughter’s behavior.

“I think he’ll be ready to head home next week.” Her teeth worried at her bottom lip. “I just—I’m not sure how safe he’ll be out there.” No one had been caught for the poisoning attempt. Still, the risk would probably be better for him than being locked up.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 21:03:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

After the Audino got her hug from Thomas, she signaled to him that she was ready to be set down. Thomas did just that, watching the Audino return to the Oricorio and the young girl. Dede would offer to give the child a hug.

Thomas silently listened to the doctor, nodding his head to show her he was following with her.

"Perhaps I could give him some self-defense training before he goes back out into the wild? I have many Pokemon that could mentor him.", Thomas would offer the woman.

"And I do have to ask, have their been other Pokemon poisoned in the area? And do you know if it's a rampant Wild Pokemon, or the work of human interference?", he'd inquire.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 6:59:59 GMT

Aubre turned to watch the Audino’s advancement, a light smile playing at the edge of her lips. Though Michaela tried to look uninterested—arms crossed and face crinkled into a little pout—her eyes held the tiniest gleam of anticipation. Knowing her amusement would just make things worse, the ginger turned back to the therapy pen. “Your Audino have the patience of saints, truly.” A sigh escaped her mouth. “Most of my Pokemon are the opposite.” Especially Alister, who spent most of his time actively avoiding the toddler.

At the offer of a hug, the little girl huffed. She bet this thing was squishy! “Mngh. If it’ll make you feel better.” Tiny arms wrapped around the Audino, fingers strained to latch together. The fatty skin indented where she pressured. It’s like a smore!! After a moment, Mikky pulled back with a single, robotic nod. “Fits my hypo-the-is.” Behind her, his eyes shining with mischief, the Oricorio extended his purple arms in a request. What about me? His expression said.

Green eyes lifted to the gentle giant’s face, watching him amble his way across the pasture. As a Toucannon soared by, he bellowed a greeting. Her lips dipped slightly as her eyes filled with sympathy. “It is sad that he needs it.” She leaned against the fence. “But I believe it would do him some good, even if it would likely not help in this situation.” Apparently, the pair’s train of thought had been approaching the same depot.

“There have been a few other instances as of late.” Her eyes flashed with uncharacteristic anger. “And it is not a matter of natural interaction.” Though she didn’t have enough proof yet. “There’s a large orchard in the area. I believe they might be laying out more than pesticides.” After all, they had to pad their bottom line, and lost stock wouldn’t do that.

“But there’s no easy way to prove it.” The company’s public relation team did a good job offloading blame onto everyone and everything else.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 22:06:43 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"They do tend to be a kind-hearted species. And I make sure to raise them in a loving environment.", he'd respond to the doctor, a gentle smile on his face as he watched Dede give the toddler a hug.

The Audino smiled as the girl squished her, letting out a short, happy hum as she hugged her back. After the girl got her hug, the Audino noticed the Oricorio requesting a hug of his own. Dede didn't hesitate to walk up to the dancing bird, attempting to pick him up and give him a big hug of his own.

"Oh?", Thomas inquired, looking the doctor in the eyes, his curiosity piqued.

He would listen to what she had to say about the orchard operating near the Tropius' habitat. Upon hearing this, the former Elite Four member wanted to do an investigation of his own.

"I can look into it, if you think it would help.", he would offer.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 9:50:29 GMT
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The redhead watched the Audino and Michaela interact with a hint of trepidation. Though her reservations had nothing to do with the Pokemon and everything to do with Michaela. Satisfied her daughter would not be causing irreparable harm, Aubre turned back to Thomas. “They really are quite sweet—” Aubre murmured to the older man with a small smile. “Though, I’ve met a few that were quite the opposite.” It kind of reminded her how heartless some nurses could be. The ones who’d mocked her injuries and ignored her pain for hours on end.

Realizing what she’d said could be misconstrued, Aubre hastily moved to correct herself. “Certainly not any from here, of course. Just—just in general.”.Green eyes lifted to give the farm a once over. Everywhere she looked, Pokemon seemed to be at peace. A few Wooloo grazing in the corner. The serene, plodding steps of her dinosaur friends. A couple of tussling fluffballs in the distance. “If I were a Pokemon—literally, not in the humans are descended from Pokemon sense—I’d want to be here.”

Before answering Thomas, Aubre would take a moment to toy with a loose string on her shirt. “I may be paranoid, but I’ve seen too much evidence to think my mind’s playing tricks on me.” She shuddered. “Whatever they’re using, it’s cruel.” But, doubtlessly, it was also both affordable and effective. It was not as if they cared about the creatures they hurt. In response to the offer, the doctor nodded. “Poppa asked an old friend to look into it for me, but extra eyes couldn’t hurt.” Especially with all the people who were fans of the former Elite Four.

Figuring that’d been enough about conspiracy theories for one afternoon, Aubre turned fully to Thomas. “And how has your work been, Mister Benoit? Any progress?”

Michaela would report later that the hug had been ‘pleasant’ and ‘acceptable.’ At the moment, she was too busy squeezing the pink ball of fluff to do anything. When they broke apart, the ivory-haired girl watched the bird with no small degree of jealousy. “Hmph.” The bird, meanwhile, let out a trilling whistle as he was bundled into the Audino’s arms. In this, Ricardo learned two lessons:

• Having your wings crushed against you was unpleasant—even if it was by a lovely lady
  • This little healer certainly had ample cushioning

After a moment, the Oricorio broke off the hug. His head inclined in a shallow bow of thanks as Dede stepped back. Truly all of this nonsense had been worth it! He remembered a woman’s embrace. A cough from Aubre drew both his and Michaela's eyes upward. The girl curtsied to the fairy type with a grumbled, "Thank you."

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #ADDB8E; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #639B39; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #538330; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#639B39;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 3:30:00 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I know what you mean.", he'd reply to her solemnly. He was all too familiar with the types she alluded to.

"I appreciate that.", he replied to her. He wasn't sure how else to respond to that, not being used to such a thing. But he did understand her sentiment.

He would listen to what she had to say. Though one would call it a conspiracy theory, what happened to the Tropius was enough to make Thomas interested in whatever was going on. How many more Pokemon would suffer because of their negligent actions? How many would end up dying?

"How can I reach out to this friend?", he'd inquire.

She would pivot the subject onto his work. "I've been taking it day by day, to be honest.", he'd tell her.

Dede smiled and waved at the two, before heading off to play with the others. Not long after, an Eevee walked over, investigating the child with innocent curiosity.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 1:32:37 GMT
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]As she stared at the Tropius, Aubre signed. The woman sometimes regretted not telling someone about the nastier people she’d been subjected to. Being stuck in the hospital for months on end was no fun. Having to rely on people who didn’t care or saw you as an annoyance made it much worse.

“I wonder sometimes what draws those people to work like this." Or, perhaps, they ended up jaded because they spent day in and day out in other people’s trenches. It took a special sort of person. A strong person. Not her. It wasn’t like it was the money. Her husband traded stocks and made far more than he did—and his work wasn’t even real. “I couldn’t treat someone like that.” If there was ever a day she felt nothing for a patient, she might just give it up. “Still, your Audino makes me hopeful.”

The appreciation was met with a small, awkward smile. He hadn’t taken that the wrong way, right? Had she just made things awkward? Still, it wasn’t like she could retract it. It’d be just as—if not—insulting. So, instead, she settled for a simple response. “You’re welcome.” Green eyes shifted to a nearby paddock where a few other patients wandered—many of them displaced by recent skirmishes. “I think they would say the same thing.” Her lips quirked up. “Except for Maurice. He hates everything.”

The question was met with a sad smile. Though he would hate it, she could not help but feel pity for this friend. In her darkest hour, her mom and dad had been right there. Her brother had been just a step behind. But him? His plunge started with removing the ladder. “He has an office in Slateport—Sokolov Investigations.” She adjusted her shirt fitfully. She swallowed. “He is not always the nicest man, but it is hard to match his work.” A heavy sigh forced its way out. “He helped find my—the—he took care of me once.”

The Eevee’s approach drew a chuckle from the redhead. “Awwww.” Beneath her overhanging sleeves, she crossed her fingers. Please let Mikky have some manners. Don’t say anything mean.

Michaela stared at the Eevee with a little pout. Blue eyes slid to her mother, suspicious of just what she was up to. “...” After a second, she pulled a crushed cookie from her pocket. "Hi." This she offered to the little rabbit thing, her hand held out in invitation.

Oh, thank Arceus. Aubre thought to herself.

The Oricorio, meanwhile, sighed. This thing was no beautiful maiden.

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #AED588;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #AED588;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:42:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Some of them did indeed become jaded, after the things they'd have to deal with. Others were only in it for the money, however much that was, and were less inclined to care by nature. Some even found themselves engaging in abuse for their own sick pleasure.

"Nobody should have to deal with that.", he'd tell her.

"They are truly amazing.", he told Aubre with a light smile.

He chuckled when she mentioned Maurice. "I wonder how long that'd last with Pulse.", he remarked.

When she told him about the investigator, he listened intently. Sokolov Investigations in Slateport? "I'll give him a visit. And I'm used to 'not nice'.", he'd tell Aubre with a chuckle. When she started to evade what she was about to say, that also caught his attention. Perhaps he could ask when they were more established.

The Eevee walked up to the girl, taking a moment to sniff her hand, before rubbing his head against it affectionately, while letting the cute cry that Eevees were known for.

"That's Gene. I saved him from drowning near Fortree City sometime ago.", he'd tell Aubre. "He's a total sweetheart."

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ranchside Manner
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 1:25:39 GMT
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The redhead shook her head. Some part of her wished she’d reported the nurse that’d mistreated her. That sort of passivity didn’t help anyone. Even if it was so very tempting. “No, they shouldn’t. But the world doesn’t care about fairness as much as we do.” And people, unfortunately, cared even less. She sighed. Uncertain fingers drew her sweater tighter, as if fabric could ward off malice.

Sure, she walked away from the assault afraid of dogs but it’d been a person who ordered it. Fortunately, the talk of Audino pulled her out of her mind’s mire. “I believe that reflects well on you, Thomas.” Ironically, for all her paranoia, her judgment of character rested somewhere between abysmal and laissez-faire. The naive girl in her wanted to believe that everyone was good at their core. Which is why she pretended not to notice all the signs of things going wrong.

The redhead chuckled. “If she can turn his frown upside down, she would be a miracle worker.” Then again, some Pokemon preferred to be unhappy. The same thing could be said about people. “I would pay to see her try.” Then again, it was hard being a patient. Feeling like some useless burden. Even she’d cracked under the pressure. To this day, she was not certain her mother had forgotten the things she said.

“He really is not a bad man.” Her eyes sobered. “Just a bit stiff.” She forced a smile. Let’s not get your doom and gloom all over the place, huh? Poor guy’s likely bored stiff. Aubre’s lips formed into an ‘o’ of realization. “I would watch your ps and qs, he’s a bit of a stickler for manners. And grammar.” Her cheeks flared red. Her hands flapped like those of a concussed bird. “Not that I think you have anything to worry about.”

Aubre watched the pair with a soft, maternal smile. The white-haired girl dropped into the dirt. A smile—a rarity on the toddler’s dour face—emerged. A missing front tooth took center stage. “I think he might be the real miracle worker.”

Ricardo moved over to give the fox a pat as well.

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #ADDB8E; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #639B39; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #538330; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#639B39;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights