TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 15:51:06 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] "thanks for coming, eris."

[break][break] in the outskirts of mossdeep city, a quiet sky greets the rocket admin and as they stroll along the city's edge. ironically, it is not all that different from the meeting that they had several months ago — crystablooms along a sandy shore. this time, however, things are different.

[break][break] is alive, the world is ending, and rocket is aiding in it's destruction.

[break][break] he thinks of what she had to say at the rocket meeting last week, and wondered why she'd even been there to begin with. then again, if this had been ten years ago, he would've wanted to be there too. he couldn't fault her.

[break][break] instead, jayden turns to her, a humble offering —

[break][break] "cookie?"

[break][break] in his hand, wrapped in crinkling parchment paper, is a freshly-baked shinx cookie.

[attr="class","ooc"] + mission: minior mayhem

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#8756f0; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#7944eb;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 13:55:04 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She loves the smell of night, that quiet breeze that carries maybe a hint of ocean and home across the grassy fields. As she rides upon her trusty Luxray's back, she can't help but fidget with the pocket telescope that had gifted her, wandering just what there is to see if she were to peer at the sky this very instant.[break][break]

But her attention is drawn to those around her, her head cocked to one side in order to let her catch a better glimpse.[break][break]

"Awh, that's pretty cute! I think I'd feel bad eating it..."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 8:58:41 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] "i can make you more," he says, as a peace-offering, before leaning down and folding the cookie into the child's grip. after all, if he held it too long, his hand might get tired.

[break][break] jayden walks with along the mossdeep shoreline, thinking of how close those stars could be to the barrier. how any one of them could drop like a meteor on them.

[break][break] after a few moments of silence, he speaks the words that are lingering.

[break][break] "how are you doing, eris?" to make sure nothing is left for question, he adds, "after the meeting."

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#8756f0; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#7944eb;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 10:33:02 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The offer of making more doesn't make her conscience feel any better, maybe because Reiner is right beside her and she wouldn't want him watching her eat a Shinx? Or at least, that's what she thinks until he bumps her hand and causes the cookie to drop right into his waiting, open mouth.[break][break]

"You heartles- that was mine!"[break][break]

And the Luxray only sticks his tongue out, snorting lightly as she gives him a punch to his shoulders.[break][break]

So how does she feel? Right about now? After that horrible fiasco that they call a meeting?[break][break]

"You... were on the winning side when it happened. You were taught that things like that were fine." Her smile sours quick as her fingers press tight on the telescope. "I'm just a kid that got dragged into it because momma and pa knew too much... I lost my everything because of decisions like these."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 9:16:16 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] he blinks, a look of something near-affectionate in his gaze as he looks upon the luxray, before amending his statement. "i can make you some too," he says.

[break][break] because despite all the cruel things he's done, jayden cross has always been soft on pokemon. that was something that not even was able to beat out of him.

[break][break] as eris speaks, her only answer is silence as jayden contemplates what she has just told him. he knows better than to jump to conclusions. after all, she is just a child. there is a good chance that she does not even know what she is speaking of.

[break][break] "history favors the side of the victor," he says instead, in the matter-of-fact way that only he can, before asking.

[break][break] "why did you join rocket then, eris? why not just run away?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 10:43:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She doesn't take his lack of sympathy to be offensive. On the contrary, she finds it quite comforting to know that Rocket isn't all redeemable.[break][break]

"When you lack training to fight as a soldier, when even those who are meant to help you from the League turn on you... when Uncle Dorian saved me from dying to those... scary... adults..." Her voice grows quieter with every bit of memory wrenched from the back of her mind, her grip on Reiner's mane growing tighter as he pulls her close. "They nearly killed Reiner... I was outnumbered... I couldn't fight against their pokemon either... it was either I stay with someone who I know can protect me... or I get left in Kanto to die..."[break][break]

She still trembles from remembering 's words: How she should have died in Kanto like her parents. At some point, he must've been right. Perhaps, it would be far more merciful for her to simply stop existing in this endless coil of misery and conflict.[break][break]

"Right now... I stay because there's nowhere else for me to go."[break][break]

Nowhere safe where she can hide without dragging someone into her mess.[break][break]

"Pa... Chu-e's... also become family... a lot of people here have become family... and I don't want to lose that feeling... I don't want Reiner to constantly have to put his life on the line for the both of us. Matias has tried to kill Reiner, and he's made it clear that he would kill pa again... as many times as he's allowed to." The scar over her left eye hurts, no longer hidden away with makeup as she begins to embrace every bit of her choices. "I've tried killing him too... All it takes is just a report from him, and the League could be arresting me. At best, they treat me like any other Rocket and lock me up. At worst... I get separated from pa forever..."[break][break]

Hugging Reiner close, Eris takes a deep breath in of his familiar scent.[break][break]

"More than anything, Jayden... I just want a home where we can feel safe..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 12:14:54 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] it's a story that he's heard countless times before, in the rumor-mill of the sub, or even in the smoke of war. after all, with any war there are bound to be victims. a young jayden cross had never concerned himself with it; a seasoned one knows better.

[break][break] he places a hand atop reiner's scruff, offering his hand out to the younger rocket should she choose to hold it.

[break][break] "you made the right choice," he says with the finality of someone who doesn't know any different. "rocket is your home. your family. we will protect you — and we can teach you how to protect yourself."

[break][break] there's something bitter in his throat as he thinks of and all that he's done. even though is alive, there is something that he will never be able to give the elite four candidate of. his gaze narrows, violet eyes darkening in the night's cool air.

[break][break] "and , we'll get him back. for you, and for chu-e. i promise."

[break][break] he takes a time to pause and then look up at the sky, as stars twinkle in the distance. he then turns his gaze back over to .

[break][break] "eris, have i ever told you how i met your ... pa?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 13:34:04 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She regards the outstretched hand with an unreadable look. Has she really made the right choice? Or has the made the choice that simply feels the most right for her broken heart? Will Rocket truly think to protect a liability such as her? Or will they think it's better off if she ends up simply disappearing without a trace?[break][break]

"I-" She chokes a little on her words, her eyes looking up to . The scar over her left eye is prominent, barely healed as compared to the may burns that litter her body and arms. And her eye itself seems unfocused, unable to catch even a glimpse of the faint starlight in the skies above them. "I came so close... If Virizion hadn't interfered... I- if I could kill Matias in another world to protect pa there...[break][break]

What's to say that she wouldn't be equally as capable here if it meant being able to protect her family? Poison swirls on her tongue, crawling into her system as the thought brews in her head. But the snake is momentarily strangled as Jayden poses a question that she doesn't quite expect, but feels like she should have prepared for nonetheless. She had been there when he'd been crumbling after all, she had witnessed his heart withering with the numerous drinks he held in his hands.[break][break]

"How? He was... different back then, wasn't he?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 16:41:27 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] "i know how you feel, but your pa can protect himself."

[break][break] it may seem difficult to imagine now, seeing as how different the former underboss had changed ever since he'd been "revived", but if there was one thing that jayden believed in more than anything else, it was the strength of and rocket.

[break][break] he reaches over to eris, clasping a hand gently onto her shoulder.

[break][break] "strength takes years to develop."

[break][break] it wasn't her fault that she was weak. that was what rocket was there for to foster.

[break][break] he pulls away from her for a moment, instead to look at the starlight streaking across the sky. there were a few more sparkles in the sky, reminding him of the star soiree.

[break][break] "yeah. he was different then."

[break][break] jayden pauses for a moment, as if to reminisce, before turning back to eris. "what i meant, though, was the first time that i met him in kanto. it was actually at that starbucks." he points, then, to a building in the distance before flashing a wry smile.

[break][break] "he asked me to kill myself."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 9:14:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"] being able to protect himself means nothing compared to her inability to let go. The hatred she has for that feeling of helplessness crawls under her skin as lays a hand on her shoulder. And she nearly acts upon it, her body trembling as she resists that very urge to shove him away.[break][break]

"No one's going to wait years for me to be ready." Her tongue is laced with bitterness.[break][break]

"Rocket certainly didn't."[break][break]

As for the flashback that Jayden seems to have in that quiet moment under the endless starry night... she finds that she doesn't even bat an eye at what he says next. Somehow, it had fit the very ideas that she had held about Chu-e and his past with Rocket.[break][break]

"But you didn't go through with it."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 7:29:59 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] rocket certainly didn't.

[break][break] comets chase down from the sky as the minior shower commences and crash down on the sandy shore. but jayden's gaze is fixated on the young rocket.

[break][break] starlight is reflected in his eyes.

[break][break] "what do you mean?"

[break][break] jayden holds the gaze for a moment before looking down at a minior that has fallen from the sky, or at least it's remains. it's just crumbs from the stratosphere, looking no different from seashells in the sky. he picks a piece out of the ground for inspection.

[break][break] "of course i didn't," he says casually. "would you?" he shakes his had to himself, just as he places the pieces of meteroite into the sack that they brought along with them.

[break][break] "but i thought about it. i could've done it, back then. i knew it was what he wanted me to do — what he expected of me. but there's more to being in rocket than simply doing what's asked of you, eris." he straightens, looking back at her. "it took a long time for me to understand that myself."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 9:42:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I was only 7 when Rocket invaded Kanto. That didn't stop Theo from shooting momma and pa in front of me, or setting the house on fire with me still in it."[break][break]

She wishes she could get rid of that foul taste on her tongue, that suffocating feeling that squeezes every breath out of her lungs.[break][break]

"My parents withheld information that Rocket wanted, so Rocket took everything from me."[break][break]

Following 's gaze, she finds herself staring at the sad remnants of a Minior that's burnt out. Yet another life snuffed before her very eyes, handled so casually by a filt-[break][break]

"I would've back then." Her answer comes without hesitation, one born from a fractured viewpoint of this cruel world. "You and I have different understandings of the world we live in, Jayden. You would hesitate since you have things to lose, you have things to pursue as a member of Rocket. I wouldn't, since I had nothing."[break][break]

Slipping off Reiner's back, Eris can't help but reach for the Minior remnants to examine it. Perhaps, it's just to keep herself occupied and distance herself from the heaviness of the topic that they're on.[break][break]

"No one expected anything of me, since I'm just some kid that picked up off the streets. And the pity that I can see in their eyes... their guilt for involving me in any of this. If there's really more to being in Rocket than simply doing what's asked of you, answer this Jayden. Why didn't they hesitate in killing my parents? Why didn't they stop and let my momma live at the very least? I could at least have had some semblance of family left if they had thought the same, if they had just done something different that night."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 17:43:47 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] he paused.

[break][break] this isn't the first time he heard the story, nor would it be the last time. he was sure there were many people like , but in that, he could sympathize.

[break][break] "i was five when my father first held a gun to my head." he thinks of dmitri, of that cold-bloodless gaze, and the feelings of his father's fingers on his neck. "i was seven when he decided to do something with it."

[break][break] "fourteen, when underboss beckett tried to kill me."

[break][break] 'run' is what had told him back then. he'd spared him, just like rocket had spared eris.

[break][break] if they hadn't seen potential in her, then why wouldn't they have killed her too?

[break][break] "you and i are more alike than you think, eris."

[break][break] meteors fall from the sky in the form of minior, and jayden thinks of the ones that had fallen down in the star soiree, stab-wound to the chest. had he and ever talked about he'd taken the hit for her?

[break][break] "if rocket really took everything from you, you wouldn't be standing here today. rocket took as much from you as it gave to you. you were seven when they took everything from you, but you're nearly thirteen now."

[break][break] how much of that everything made up her current life now?

[break][break] his smile is wry. "back then, i didn't have anything to lose but i appreciate your faith in me."

[break][break] his parents had died, rocket had left him for dead, and then had asked him to kill himself. he was barely holding two-and-two together, with lawyers breathing down his neck for his father's fraud. it would've solved so many things to just die.

[break][break] the reason that he hadn't killed himself — ran much deeper than that.

[break][break] he mulls over the the question that eris lobs back at him as together they piece together the remains of the minior and collect them as is their duty.

[break][break] "i can't answer that question. i wasn't the one who killed your parents," he says. "but i do know one thing. do you not really think of rocket as family?"

[break][break] kneeling in the sand, blinking at eris, he says:

[break][break] "i consider you family, eris."

[break][break] his violet gaze pins her, the reflection of falling stars gleaming in his eyes.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 6:02:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She doesn't need pity from him, neither concern nor reassurance will help to satiate that burning pit in her stomach. No, what she wants is answers. Answers that doesn't seem to have.[break][break]

He was born into this life, she knows that she can never understand what it's like to be raised to think any of this is right. She knows what it's like to be hunted down, to stare death in the eyes as a grisly Arcanine leaps for her throat. What she can't accept is the way he thinks that they're alike... And that is more than enough to nudge the dormant thoughts awake.[break][break]

"What if I didn't want this to be my life, Jayden?" She shoots the questions back with one of her own. "Rocket only gives when they want something in return."[break][break]

Her loyalty to their cause. And if they knew anything about the secrets she withheld, perhaps even the bonds she had made with the extraordinary.[break][break]

"You can't throw the word 'family' around so casually. Not around me." As he holds her within those amethyst eyes, her very own ruby gaze reflects the sharpened edges of a lone moon; seeks to break the position he's put her into.[break][break]

"I can consider you family, but I can also recognise how your actions hurt others. Innocent people."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
STARSHINE [pp/m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 7:20:26 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] was he throwing the word 'family' around so casually? he hadn't considered that.

[break][break] "apologies," he say, blinking. "what do you consider to be family?"

[break][break] he is genuine in his interest to her answer. while he knows that his own family has never been traditional, the same could be said for other rockets too. maybe its because of lack of faith in his own family that he had found himself finding solace in others.

[break][break] he thinks about what she says after, that they can be family but she can acknowledge his actions too. but wasn't that what family was about? they could hurt each other, and yet, at the end of the day, they would be there for each other. no matter what. it was why, even years after his parents' passing, he found himself acting in their steed — in the way they wanted him to behave.

[break][break] "to me," he says, picking apart the shards of minior in the earth as he puts them away in the sack. "family means someone you would trust without fail. someone you would take a stab wound for," he says, glancing towards her. "sacrifice your own needs and interest —" he says, watching as the sand slips through his fingers. "for the greater good."

[break][break] "to protect them by all means necessary."