Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 15:58:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was funny, the things that fell to the wayside sometimes.[break][break]

Before Kiryu's tragic death, before screwed his head on straight, before took his eye in an out of mind experience, before the twisted remains of the god of space attacked Mt. Pyre, the day had started along a far different path. There was a Rocket grunt, a head professor, and a perfect little scheme hatched between them.[break][break]

To say all did not go as planned was an understatement. Calling it an understatement, itself, was an understatement. The events of the Mt. Pyre operation had spiraled out of control to the extent that Illeana was little more than a speck in the back of Isaac's mind.[break][break]

Well, almost.[break][break]

As with any good plan, they had set a contingency. If they were to be separated, they would reconvene at a later date, in a further place. Were the professor's ambitions to fail, she could re-enlist Isaac to try again. Were she to succeed, Isaac was hungry to know more. Just what could be so important that a League member, held in such high esteem, would go against the interests of some of her own? What did she stand to gain from fiddling with the primal point?[break][break]

Perhaps he'd learn in due time. Perhaps he never would. With the Arceus and man alike crashing the party, Isaac would be amazed if anyone got what they wanted out of that bargain. But a good contingency was a terrible thing to waste, so why not show up? Besides, there were certain names of relevance etched on the list that burned a hole in his pocket. Illeana wasn't the only head egghead in Hoenn; perhaps she could shed some light on ' leads.[break][break]

Until then, he lurked by Meteor Falls in a face that was no longer his own. The guise of Solitaire was a crude and cobbled together one, born to ease Isaac into a war that he swiftly realized was not meant for him. He had rejected it in explosive fashion. Coming back to it felt wrong. Yet it was the guise Illeana knew him under, and so he'd have to bear it for just a little longer. A proper re-introduction would have to be in order later.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 0:49:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she arrives in meteor falls with a slow approach and an unreadable expression. a discolored automaton looms behind her, one clay hand practically glued to her back to guide her forward.

she might still be alive but fuck, is it painful to move.

the events of mt pyre continue to play in the mind like an endless loop. palkia, father winter, rocket vs league clashing over the primal point... repeat.

she can still see the corpse of father winter splitting in two when she closes her eyes, burned into the retinas until she can't escape it. and palkia's chains of unown, no matter how she tries to erase them, still linger in the background and beg for attention.

worst of all, perhaps, is the battling she endured. her fight against leads her here, sure, but it isn't the only one she replays obsessively.

the look on 's face when she ripped off his mask persists in haunting her dreams, turning pleasant slumber into nightmares. her healing side still aches when she thinks of him.

it fades for a moment, however, when she catches sight of the familiar mask. good... he's alive. a small sense of relief rises at the thought and she flashes a small, barely there smile.

"you made it out alive, huh?"

after they were separated, their fates had been left up to chance. now, they can reconvene with new information and, for illeana, a newfound purpose.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 6:05:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac wasn't the only one to come out of Mt. Pyre in less than one piece.[break][break]

Illeana less walked, more staggered forward, pushing along by a Golurk that staggered behind her. He could practically feel the pain in every footstep. It was hard not to wince along. Yet that wasn't even the most painful part. No, it was the haunted, hollow look on her face, one all too familiar yet no less horrifying in Isaac's esteem.[break][break]

Of all things, it was his presence that changed it. She flashed him a smile that barely existed, yet clearly took a world's worth of effort to muster up. Even if it was hidden behind his mask, he couldn't help but return it. War was hell, and far more than the people on his side suffered.[break][break]

"Alive, yes. Intact?" He reached back to unhook his hockey mask, letting it clatter to the ground with a graceless thud. Now Illeana could hear his voice without a modulator. Now she could see the skintight skull mask that he took far more pride in.[break][break]

And now, perhaps, she could see that one of the mask's eyeholes had been filled in by an eyepatch. "Not quite."[break][break]

He looked her up and down, forgetting every question he had in the face of her staggering footsteps. "You're hurt," he said, a touch of concern in his voice. He took a step closer to her, but nothing too sudden. The last thing he wanted to do was set off her Golurk protector. "Are you . . . I . . ."[break][break]

"What happened?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 5:51:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]despite herself, despite the eyepatch and the unseen carnage it holds hostage, she begins to bleed a steady healing mist. it does him no good now, in the aftermath, but her body reacts to the sight with the sudden, incessant urge to mend what has been broken.

and if it could work on her own mistakes, perhaps they wouldn't be here. a nice thought but the world isn't wired that way. she isn't wired that way.

"what happened?"

he asks the same of her, then, and steps closer. she flushes a soft pink, matching the color of her own pearly mist. her golurk rumbles low but otherwise doesn't move.

"i'll be fine."

she's always fine. and isn't that the very thing she hates, in a way? plucking herself up off the ground every single time shit hits the fan and forcing herself to stay whole. there's too many pieces left behind now and god, she's so tired of pretending.

"i ran into an ex boyfriend and, uh, turns out he was rocket all along."

she flashes a smile, then, and it's all sharp, glinting teeth.

"i stabbed myself to make sure i got him but i'd do it again if i had to."

that, plus the rib he shattered into pieces and the whole electrocuting her thing, really makes her certain of one simple fact: she'd kill him for what he's done.

of course, it's not that simple. it's never been that simple. there's still a love somewhere buried deep beneath healing injuries and the absolute rage of a scorned woman. she can't deny its existence no matter how hard she'd like to try.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 14:18:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She wanted to know what happened. The second her eye fell upon his lack thereof, some sort of . . . gas? began to bleed from her. As it leaked across the cavern, spreading out from her like a living air purifier, Isaac could feel the tension ebb out from his muscles. Any lingering pains he had felt soothed. What in the world was going on here?[break][break]

"War's hell." That was the only answer he gave Illeana. That was the only answer he needed to give. It was Rocket's fault for provoking this battle on the edge of armaggeddon. It was the League's fault for making an environment where Rocket felt the need to in the first place. It was Walsh's selfish ambitions against his peoples' desires, Dahlia's adherence to broken sytems and genocidal outcomes.[break][break]

It was anyone's fault but 's. He didn't wield the blade that fateful night. He was the blade. War enabled the worst in everyone, whether by letting those who sought it gleefully indulge or by breaking the minds of those who didn't.[break][break]

"Will be," Isaac repeated. He let the emphasis those words represented speak for itself. Will be wasn't fine. It was a precursor at best, a smokescreen at worst. But, above all, it was a transition. It was ephemeral. It was nothing for anyone to hold onto, let alone someone so clearly hurt.[break][break]

"It's okay not to be fine, you know." He paused. "I'm not, either."[break][break]

He wasn't the only Rocket she met. There was another, a former flame. He hadn't told her his allegiance, and now both of them ended up stabbed for it. The gesture was all too familiar. "Is that how you solve all your problems?" Isaac asked, a glib tease over their owm interaction masking worry at how readily she tried to stab herself. Was it just her desperation that day speaking? Had her ex backed her into the corner she thought Isaac would? Or did she simply have such disregard for her own life?[break][break]

He looked towards her Golurk, as if trying to read the colossus' automated body language and blank face. Someone had to be able to make sense out of all this, right?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 6:47:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the soft tune of understanding rises out of her in the form of a hum.

"war's hell."

she echoes it quietly, almost bitterly, with a puff of pink mist escaping. ain't that the fucking truth.

it's okay to not be okay...

it's an understandable concept, sure, but deep down she knows it isn't possible. she's spent too long in 's shadow to rid herself of the masking. sometimes, it almost feels like armor, molded to every curve of her body to keep her safe.

and she's of no use to hoenn if she's not whole.

she lets the sentiment die in her silence, choosing to focus on the following tease. her silence, perhaps, speaks more than her words can anyway.

"not always."

the grin she flashes is wolfish.

"it's better than smashing his skull in."

briefly, the faces of nameless sea hoennian soldiers rise with the comment. she blinks. they become red splatters of disfigurement. and when she blinks again, they're gone.

her golurk offers him no solace, no answer... only silence.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 7:11:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]War was hell, alright. But there were many types of people in hell. There were the sinners tormented in its flames, and then there were the demons who dished it out. Isaac wondered which of the two he was speaking to today.[break][break]

Illeana smiled like a starving animal and weighed whether beating her ex's head in with a hammer was a better alternative. Isaac realized just how close he came to a gruesome death at her hands. Yet here she was, fussed over him to the point where her heart bled.[break][break]

Maybe the sinners and the demons were one and the same, two stages of a single, agonizing process. Just like Rocket's men and monsters.[break][break]

For lack of a better term, Illeana was fascinating. She spewed a pink mist with her every action, only intensifying during shows of empathy. She carried herself in a fashion more befitting a mad scientist than a region's head professor. She had a strangely consistent sense of honor for a woman who had probably contemplated tearing him to pieces.[break][break]

Isaac didn't know whether to be curious or terrified.[break][break]

"What was it on Mt. Pyre, anyway? The thing that had you so . . ." Insane? Violent? Willing to stab herself to obtain it? Willing to team up with a Rocket? Willing to potentially go against League interests? "Worked up?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 7:22:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]for all intents and purposes, he's seeing a particular version of illeana reyes that could be considered somewhat of a puzzle.

consistency exists in loose terms, lingering in some actions and being ripped apart in others. she's become more of a contradiction than a solid piece on the board. healer yet killer, scientist yet mad woman, league yet not.

and if he asked, perhaps she'd chalk it up to him and not her. he had been kind to her in the midst of it all. she wouldn't dare forget that.

"oh, right."

that.

her smile shifts into something tamer, then, and she looks a little more at ease. less hackles rising up and more purrs vibrating through the body.

"palkia."

yes, the be-not-afraid horse that tried to end their existence.

"i've been trying to find it for months."

and that had been the closest she had come -- might ever come, actually.

she doesn't breathe life into what she wants to. her theory of the drk triad, of the creation trio's involvement stays quiet for the moment. and when she unearths it, it'll sound just as crazy as it did when she confidently proclaimed it to and the heavens.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 7:34:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Palkia. The one that tried to kill us."[break][break]

Isaac repeated the words, trying not to let how stunned he was show. He hadn't expected Palkia to show up. If it did, he certainly didn't expect it to look mothing like the old myths, instead contorted into some cheap imitation of Arceus. He definitely didn't expect it to be enslaved by some extradimensional death cult that wanted Hoenn more dead than either the League or Rocket did. And he most certainly didn't expect that cult to be backed by Arceus itself.[break][break]

And yet.[break][break]

The signs were all there, weren't they? Way back in Cyberspace? Even someone as disconnected from Hoenn's goings-on as Isaac had been could start piecing it together. Maldacena, claiming to be distinct from yet tied to this Dark Triad. The puzzles they solved, showing the cancerous effect their reality had on the multiverse.[break][break]

Palkia, along with Dialga, being throttled by Arceus' golden chains as they tried to fight their fate. "Hoenn's present," Isaac repeated. "Palkia and Dialga, torn by hands of gold and held back in chains. I saw in Cyberspace. All thanks to a rogue Triad member, Maldacena. Do you know anything about this?"[break][break]

Come to think of it, what did Illeana know? How had she been so murderously certain that it was coming? Was she, too, another renegade member of the Triad? Or had she been doggedly chasing them down? It was clear from Father Winter's reception that Hoenn held one hell of a grudge against them. The region had been cosmic scale for far longer than Isaac had paid attention.[break][break]

Oh well. No harm in asking, maybe. "And how did you know it was coming?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 22:10:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]yes, the very one that tried to kill us.

she grins as he supplies information. the experience in the cloud had, perhaps, solidified the budding theory she had been cultivating. as he breathes life into it, here and now, she feels vindicated.

"yeah, i know a little bit about it."

while she wasn't in the present terminal, the whispers of what occurred eventually found their way to her ears. and when they did, they flooded her with righteousness.

"i've been conducting experiments for months."

her grin widens until it threatens to break her face in half.

"the distortions, the barrier... even a trip to spear pillar in sinnoh."

each moment had felt like a failure until she placed them together and stepped back. the pieces managed to fit together enough for her to conjure a theory. from there, the theory held strong, true.

"it started with the spear pillar trip, though. nothing came through with a prayer except for the strongest sense of dread i've ever felt and a simple, echoing statement. we have been abandoned."

she takes isaac on a ferry ride through her thought process then, as if she's charon bringing him to the depths of the damned.

"it could've meant the ruins were abandoned by the gods but i thought the use of we was more purposeful than anything else."

and then...

"the barrier that rose around hoenn after my trip seemed to begin confirming the concept. when attacked, it produced insight into other worlds, as if it was a dimension all on its own."

the final piece had been with the very man she stabbed atop mt pyre.

"i attacked a distortion a little while after the events in the cloud and the distortion had the same exact reaction as the barrier this time when before, it had a pink cyclone-like energy repairing it."

her chin rises, almost as if in triumph.

"the barrier the drk triad placed around hoenn and a distortion's walls reacting the same way meant palkia was being used by them. i paired that with the events of the cloud and the drk triad's goal to eliminate hoenn to come to the simple fact that somewhere at the primal points, they would show with palkia."

in the end, however, it had been more of the right place at the right time.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 4:04:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Illeana went into an overview of the many experiments she had performed on these shifts in space and time in order to find out what was going on with Palkia. Most of them seemed to involve hitting things until they coughed up information. If she didn't want to consider her career in science, Illeana would've made a fantastic mob enforcer.[break][break]

Yet her unique brand of percussive science had found shocking results. Something associated with the Spear Pillar had been abandoned. Damage to both the barrier around Hoenn and the space-time distortions created rips into other realities. When damaged, they were repaired back to their original states by the pink energy only Palkia could bring to bear.[break][break]

"It would track that we're not the only ones abandoned by Arceus," Isaac observed, thinking on Illeana's first point. "If what we saw in Cyberspace was true, not only were they abandoned, but they were reprimanded for their disobedience. It explains why the forms of them we saw seemed so . . . broken." Palkia's arms looked like they had been lopped off, its hands had been mashed into hooves, and its tail had been peeled into a brushlike shape. Even the stripes looked lifted off of its body, twisted into a ring just like Arceus' own. Though it was bloodless, the effect was still unnerving.[break][break]

How could the Triad do this to the strongest, most storied Legendaries? Many were revered as gods, but Dialga and Palkia's domains gave them the closest claim to the name. The idea that mere men could do this to such beings . . .[break][break]

Did they truly have Arceus on their side?[break][break]

Illeana's logic flowed smoothly. In the end, it ultimately came down to a coinflip whether she'd find her preferred god-dragon-horse, but every deduction up until that point was ironclad. Even under his mask, an impressed note shined in Isaac's god eye, and he found himself nodding along in approval.[break][break]

"I can see how you got your title," he said, voice quiet from awe. Clearly the approval of some little shit would make all the difference for a literal head scientist. "But I guess that gives me some questions of my own. One, why our points? The League clearly knew we were coming, with how many were at Mt. Pyre and Littleroot. I doubt the other points were nearly so well-guarded Wouldn't it suit the Triad better to head to two quieter points and decimate them?"[break][break]

The second possibility was a lot harder to swallow. "And if the barrier's made of the same stuff as distortions . . . does that mean we've been pulled out of space-time?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 0:59:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the sparkle in her eyes dulls slightly as her arms cross over her chest.

arceus. drk triad. dialga and palkia. unown.

all vastly different pieces on the board and yet, simultaneously intertwined to the point of no clear way to unravel them.

"if what father winter said is true..."

her tone shifts into a darker territory. the edges ripple with searing anger, almost unbecoming of the head scientist.

"they were not just abandoned by the creator, but forced into submission against their will."

a completely disgusting thought, really. to force the gods to do their dirty work for them... and in the name of their creator, no less? horrific.

"of course, it still begs the question of why drk triad is working so closely with the creator. i haven't quite figured out that part yet, but i have some small ideas."

they're not properly formed. not enough to voice, anyway.

perhaps the saying is true: the hand that gives can also take away. in arceus's case, it would a thousand hands...

and heavy is the head that wears the rightfully earned title. it tilts slightly to the left, as if recalibrating itself to account for the weight of her moniker.

the answer he seeks is, perhaps, simpler than one would think.

"energy."

she flashes a confident smile.

"littleroot was home to the original tree of life a while back. energy like that, even with the tree no longer existing, doesn't just go away so easily. as for mt pyre, the deceased souls could also be an untapped well of energy to utilize."

for what, though, she does not know. not yet.

"i don't believe so. well -- not entirely, anyway. the dome around hoenn had been odd in the sense that it had an opening at the very top. if we had been placed in a pocket dimension outside of space and time by palkia at the drk triad's command, the opening wouldn't have been necessary."

that does breed another question, however.

"which actually makes me wonder... why go through the trouble of manipulating a meteor to end hoenn? if they're truly working with arceus and had corrupted time and space, why would they need the meteor? all three have more than enough power to bring about the end of times."

unless... they needed the meteor, specifically?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 1:36:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"They looked agonized during the glimpse of the present Maldacena gave us," Isaac said, thinking on the force that Illeana described. "That was the summer, yes? So that was plenty of time for Arceus and the Triad to twist them into what we saw today."[break][break]

Their thoughts were on the same page. And that opened up one question on the tip of both their tongues; why? "I mean, the obvious answer'd be because us even being here's some kinda threat to reality," Isaac said. "But who's even saying that? The people who wanna wipe us off the face of the multiverse? For all we know, they've been doctoring their facts the whole time."[break][break]

Isaac blinked rapidly, a troubling thought coming to mind. "Think they're trying to be the last universe standing or some shit? Fucked with Arceus' head somehow to take it for a joyride?"[break][break]

Maybe it was something grand like that. Maybe it was a more humble aspiration, like committing genocide so they could use the remains of a tree and the souls of the deceased for energy. "I mean, if they were trying to make a pit stop for some energy, they picked a real shit time for it," Isaac said. "Wouldn't it have been better to come before the battle started, then? Or wait until it was over? Instead, they tried to kill two birds with one stone, only for the birds to kill the stone instead." What kind of foolish organization split themselves too thin trying to pursue multiple goals in the face of a hated enemy?[break][break]

. . . Okay. Isaac wasn't answering that question.[break][break]

Instead, he focused on the other answers Illeana brought to bear. She didn't seem to think it was a rift in space time that they were sealed within. The barrier was just good old fashioned spacial energy. Isolating them from the multiverse wasn't the goal. Their complete and utter destruction was.[break][break]

Huh. Illeana was right. That did seem easier to enact with Dialga, Palkia, and more importantly Arceus than it did with some giant hunk of space rock. "If it was Dialga, Palkia, and the Triad on their own, I'd say they would just be outmuscled," Isaac said. "Hoenn alone, and just a small part of it, was enough to send them packing. But, throw Arceus in to the mix? And yeah, with how bad he seems to want us dead, it's a miracle we're still standing."[break][break]

"It's almost like either he doesn't want to get those thousand hands dirty, or he can't."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 2:40:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while his doubt is warranted, she finds it unnecessary.

"i believe there's some fact in what they say."

her eyes are sharp, focused.

"otherwise, why would they put so much effort and resources into destroying hoenn?"

they wouldn't. she believes in the logic of their actions: there is a necessity to the way they operate against hoenn.

but is it something as simple as the so-called origin point? or something more...?

"it can't be a matter of the last universe standing. otherwise, we wouldn't have others bleeding into our own right now."

they would have been eliminated already, crushed beneath drk triad's crusty boots.

"it's something else, i think... the origin point we haven't fully found yet, i believe."

it's elusive, she'll give them that. there's too many variables and instances to narrow down to one significant circumstance.

she hums, thought processes taking over for a moment. the energy... is it something they require? or is it simply that where they gathered like flies, the drk triad weaved webs to ensnare them for certain defeat?

"it could be less about the energy and more about us, perhaps? they gathered where we were at our strongest and tried to ensure if the meteor didn't destroy us, they did."

it failed but the sentiment still remains. and in a way, she wonders if they're still out there... watching, waiting.

isaac makes a comment, then, and everything seems to click into place. the missing piece, supplied by a man who originally wanted to kick her ass. she startles with newfound life, red eyes shining a little too ferally to be whole.

"that's precisely it!"

arceus can't.

she looks overly excited at the fact and rushes into the explanation without so much as waiting.

"there's an old legend in sinnoh around the creator and its power... how its power had been splintered off into parts and then scattered. i thought it was nothing more than a myth, but what if there's some fact to it?"

her grin is ferocious as it widens. she had seen an odd piece of stone once, in the hands of and utilized to help her endeavors. something about it had seemed primordial, ancient, otherworldly. could it have been a piece of the puzzle?

"that would mean, then... the creator is using the drk triad because it can't destroy hoenn. it doesn't have enough power to do so. not yet, anyway."

there is, of course, always the possibility of that power being found by arceus. and what, then?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 3:34:44 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Illeana's assessment made sense. Nearly all hands on deck were at either Mt. Pyre, Littleroot, or the meteor itself. Short of Dahlia Goode herself, an assault on the Primal Points stood good odds of killing significant numbers of Hoenn's movers and shakers.[break][break]

"At least that means they don't know the source of the calamity, then," Isaac said. "If they could narrow it down that closely, there'd be one very confused person getting a mudhole stepped on them by a pair of angry gods. Hell, it means they can't even tell if it's the League or Rocket. Otherwise, they'd pick a side by now."[break][break]

"If it was just a question of Some Random Person In Hoenn causing the end times, they'd probably have better luck burning cities down one by one. So if you ask me, they're trying to see how many of Hoenn's most driven, stubborn, go-getting individuals they can crush beneath their heel at once. Could be any one of us. Or could just be someone like us."[break][break]

"Clearly, they bit off more than they could chew. Think they'll change tactics?"[break][break]

He wasn't the only one having a brain blast. As he wondered what the Dark Triad could do, Illeana became aware of what they couldn't. Apparently, an old myth from Sinnoh mentioned that Arceus' power had been splintered into pieces and scattered along the seven winds. "I know a myth expert! But I haven't seen her since the war began. She's okay, just . . . distant." Maybe he should try harder to check up on . Usually, he'd at least had the chance to pester her by now. Truth be told, he was getting worried.[break][break]

At least they'd have more time than Isaac feared. If Arceus was truly incapable of destroying Hoenn, the insurmountable foe was now far more surmountable. "Seems to me like we should find a piece of this power, lock it in a big old safe, and throw it to the bottom of the oce- ah, shit. Right. Sea people."[break][break]

"Still. If the myth's true, we just might have to play keepaway with god. You think any of these pieces are in our reality? Or are they scattered all across the multiverse? 'Cause the chances of them all being here would be . . ."[break][break]

Wait.[break][break]

"Motherfucker. Did we just find the origin point?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]