Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,340 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 17:21:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"We both lost something precious to us. And now that we see another chance at it, we're hellbent on making sure we never lose it again. Even when striving for that goal hurts like nothing else."[break][break]

"I found my heart again this year. Even where I am, I'm not letting myself lose it again."[break][break]

For all he said their goals were alike, they couldn't be more different. Isaac fought for others, whereas Illeana fought for herself. Not even herself in a cosmic sense; literally and entirely himself, to the point where her other selves were her greatest enemies.[break][break]

"I can understand the one that hurt you. But why go out of your way to hunt down the rest?" Isaac asked. "Do you really want to put them through the same pain your first alter put you through?"[break][break]

Yet compassion wasn't the only arrow in Isaac's quiver. Where his initial, heartfelt plea passed, pragmatism followed. "Aren't you afraid you'll make them want to take revenge, as you have?"[break][break]

Protection seemed like an afterthought. In that moment, Isaac was unsure if Illeana meant protecting others or simply defending herself.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,162 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 1:14:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her expression contorts into something halfway pained.

"i have lost many things that were precious to me. most, if not all, are not able to be returned."

not a dead boyfriend. not a fickle deity. not even herself.

"tell me, do you think i fear pain? loss?"

everything can be mended. and everything can be broken again and again. endless pain... she knows, understands. this is different. this is salvation. this is redemption.

this is fucking interdimensional war.

she'll be the last one standing. there are no exceptions.

and why would she go out of her way to deal with the rest of her lesser selves?

it's the principle, she supposes. where one revolted, where one aimed for assassination... none will ever make such a grave mistake again.

"yes."

her eyes are unforgiving. merciless. perhaps a glimpse into the monster that lays beneath scarred skin.

"they will know pain as i have."

forged in the fire, they say. she had been shattered porcelain. repurposed, she becomes jagged steel.

"let them take their best shot."

her chin rises in open defiance. there is no father winter to laugh at her here.

"i will still crush them."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,340 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 3:46:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You're committing suicide on a multidimensional scale because of a single run-in with a you gone bad. Does that sound like the actions of someone who isn't scared?"[break][break]

Fear and courage were linked in fascinating ways. They weren't diametric opposites like hot and cold. They were two halves of a single whole, like the light and the shadows it cast. The absence of light wasn't shadow; it was darkness, a subject similar on the surface but far different in the particulars. In fact, shadows couldn't exist without the light, no matter how hard light tries to extinguish them.[break][break]

So, too, was courage not the absence of fear. Courage was how one reacted to fear. Did they let it consume them? Did they stand firm against it? Did they ignore it and try to swallow it down? Did they fight it with every fiber of their being? Yet even these many, many outlooks on the relationship one had with fear missed the point.[break][break]

Do you let your fear rule you, or do you challenge it? This is the true nature of courage.[break][break]

Illeana let it rule her. Illeana let it rule her to the extent that she was ready to declare a multiversal war and annihilate everything that reminded her of her fear. What would happen when the source of that fear changed? What would happen when something unrelated to her multiversal selves inevitably caught her off guard, landed a bad blow, and aimed her broken psyche at a new target? Would they, too, become the next object of her obsession? Would they, too, be systematically chipped away by one woman pushing against the infinite?[break][break]

"You've let your fear guide you to the edge of a cliff. You've let it coax you to the point of no return, convincing you that you're in control all the while. And now that you're hanging off the edge, it's telling you that you want to jump." Fear was insidious. Some called fear the mind-killer, but it was so much more than that. Fear was the mind-conqueror.[break][break]

"Are you going to give it what it wants?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,162 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 21:38:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]pushed to the edge, she finally shows her teeth.

anger flashes quick, sudden. it ignites already red eyes until they're molten with barely contained rage.

"do not tell me what my actions are. you have not lived what caused them."

her teeth are sharp, as if plucked straight from her alter self's still warm corpse.

"would you not seek the end of your other selves after being ripped in two at their hands?"

she stalks a little closer. in the dim light, she looks as alive as she is dead.

"do you know what it's like to face your better self in combat and come out looking like a slaughtered animal?"

her body twists, contorts, and she does not care for preservation of modesty. her shirt is ripped up from the skirt its tucked within. scarred skin of her back greets him with a wink. it stretches from shoulder to lower hip, carved across her skin like a trophy.

"is this not cause enough for my own war?"

fabric is lowered once she can no longer stand the crawling of scarred skin. life ignites with paranoia until skin itches and burns and wants to crawl off bone.

and when she faces him, searing anger dies into a hollow sort of sound.

"i will do whatever it takes to eliminate them."

there is no questioning it. this is her path.

"if i don't, they will eliminate us all."

for all her ambition, for all her greed... it is shared across the multiverse with her other selves. even as they speak, her sea hoennian counterpart is gathering strength with the sea queen.

they are coming. not just for her, but for them all.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,340 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 22:03:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Every shred of sense Isaac had screamed at him to flinch away. Were he to linger, he would surely be snatched in the talons of a woman who had nothing left to lose and all the pain in the world to share. Isaac's eyes widened. His skin paled. He leaned back, ever so slightly, as if preparing himself to turn and run.[break][break]

Nonetheless, he persisted with his head held high. If he was going to talk about Illeana's pain, it was only fair of him to witnessed it.[break][break]

She was closer now. Her eyes burned with hatred. Her teeth were fangs, her hands were talons. She loomed over Isaac, less the slaughtered animal and more the slaughtering beast. She thrust a hand forward and tore at-[break][break]

Her shirt. She had her back to him now, showing him the network of scars that trailed up her body. It looked bad. It looked real bad. Outrage that a human could do this to another human, that a woman could do this to herself, shot through his system. As he bore witness, he understood her outrage.[break][break]

Yet her scars were not the only ones to burn. As Illeana turned back around, she would see that her Rocket's mask was now askew.[break][break]

One gloved hand barely kept it stuck to his face. The other one peeled back the eyepatch that sat snug upon his face. The scar tracing across his eye wasn't the deepest of cuts, but it lined up well with the line of sewn stitches tracing his mask's eyehole. It was a fairly strong rubber material; how deeply did a blade have to penetrate to make it all the way to his eye?[break][break]

The eyehole itself had been filled with little more than a cheap filler. Isaac didn't want a fake eye. He didn't want to be reminded of what he had lost. He wanted to be reminded of his sacrifice instead.[break][break]

"We've both been given far more cause than either of us deserve."[break][break]

With that, he adjusted his mask back onto his face to hear the rest of Illeana's tale. To her, the actions of her alternate selves weren't a possibility that she threatened to cause. They were a certainty that only she could stop. In her eyes, if she didn't stand against herself, she would be the death of the multiverse. Only now did Isaac let himself wince. To hear someone speak so cruelly of herself, even after having damn good reason to suspect it . . .[break][break]

"Do you really think there's no reasoning with them? Connecting with them, despite everything you share? No standing together against those that wish to harm, but only mutually assured destruction?" A touch of worry cracked into his voice. He wasn't the wise man on the mountain. He was just a young man who didn't realize the depths of self-hatred unraveling on display before him. In that moment, he wished so desperately he could take Illeana's pain. "Do you really think so lowly of yourself?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,162 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 22:03:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she takes the gruesome nature of his injury in stride.

and in this dim light, she swears his features start to morph. changing, becoming something familiar. she sees, briefly, the face of a councilman scorned and she has to drag her eyes away before more anger rises to greet his ghost.

he readjusts and hides the injury back behind a mask as she looks up to the sky. endless possibility exists up there, laying somewhere between long-dead stars and orbiting planets. there's a wonder in the sky. untouched and limitless, it beckons.

"there is no reasoning."

she doesn't believe in the concept.

and if she knows herself enough, she can guess how the story ends for all alter selves.

"i don't think lowly of them or myself."

her eyes drift back to him.

"i would never dare to underestimate the things they would do if given the chance. curiosity and greed drive them just as much as it does me."

they're the same, in some odd sort of way. different facets of the same entity.

"if they are not eradicated, they will bleed this world dry just to see if their theories hold."

for she would act in the same manner. for she already has.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,340 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 3:42:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She claimed not to think lowly of herself. She also claimed that she was unreasonable, greedy, and hellbent on risking the very integrity of the world just to prove herself right. Was she simply speaking of capability and objective measures, seeing "low esteem" more as underestimation than the moral judgments she made?[break][break]

Or did she looked at everything she described and see herselves as being in the right?[break][break]

Nobody was ever lost forever. That's what Isaac believed, at least. No matter how misguided, how hurt, how incapable of seeing their own value, everyone had a little spark that refused to be extinguished. However, some allowed themselves to stay lost, wandering deeper and deeper into the darkness until that spark could barely cast a light on its surroundings.[break][break]

Illeana wouldn't rest until she had plumbed every depth the darkness had to offer.[break][break]

"Just don't forget your roots. You're a scientist. No matter how certain you are about something, there's always new evidence to consider." Certainties were useful, but could be dangerous. The more unknown was out there, the less useful and more dangerous certainty became. And there was nothing more unknown than the multiverse, where all things could be possible. "You've been hurt enough. It'd be a shame if your sureness about this got you even moreso."[break][break]

She could repair herself no matter how many times she broke down, but for how long? And when she finally unraveled, who would be there to put her back together? She couldn't even depend on herself; if anything, she trusted herself less than any potential ally.[break][break]

"I'm not scientist myself. Never had the head for it. But I've made an okay theory ducklett so far, at least." He was a frustratingly challenging one with a tendency to talk back. But this, too, had value. "If you need anything else tested, how about we keep in touch?"[break][break]

Maybe one day, Isaac would learn to keep his hands off of loose cannons.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,162 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 5:05:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i'll be fine."

even if she isn't, it doesn't matter. she has long since given up on ever expecting to feel a semblance of normal again. the brokenness is comfortable, familiar. it's all she knows now.

"injuries are apart of war, of life."

she's not afraid anymore, not of pain or injuries or whatever lies beyond. she's done being fearful.

and after a few beats of silence, her head inclines into a nod.

"you were helpful in providing more theories to think about."

there is no denying that. even if there was, she wouldn't dare try it.

a small, barely there smile returns. it looks a bit hollow at the edges, as if forced into place without any meaning behind it.

"i would like that."

staying on contact... it's a way to both monitor him and also utilize him. for what? she does not know quite yet. it'll be revealed soon, perhaps.

"do you prefer calls, emails, or texts?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,340 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 5:15:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Despite his audacity to challenge her positions, Isaac had ended up with something resembling favorable esteem in Illeana's eyes. Success! Maybe when she ended up taking over the universe, he would be spared.[break][break]

"Texts work for me," he said, a slight grin on his face. With his burner, it was the safest method of contacting him. Anything more permanent would give him agita. He jotted the number down on a piece of paper, then slipped it Illeana's way. "Til you need me, I'll be keeping an eye out for anything interesting."[break][break]

With that, he turned to head out. Before he left, he stopped, looking over his shoulder to take one last look at Illeana. "And you keep safe until we meet again, alright?" He knew she wouldn't. But he hoped that, when she inevitably got in over her head, she'd at least be able to take care of herself.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,162 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 5:28:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she nods, accepting his written number with a steady hand.

"if you see or hear anything you think i'd be interested in, feel free to send a text."

information is a commodity and there's nothing she'd like more than whatever he can provide for her.

and just before he departs, he turns back toward her with something akin to concerned sentiments. she smiles a little wider, chin rising. is it defiance or pride?

"i will."

a beat passes.

"keep yourself out of trouble... i have a feeling the meteor was nothing compared to what's coming."

and with that, she leaves it all behind.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,142 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Personal Space [S]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:16:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: