awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 6:33:48 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The cracked concrete streets of this abandoned neighborhood were littered with debris, broken down vehicles, and overgrown weeds. Most of its buildings had their windows and doors boarded up, and those that didn't served as lairs for wild Pokémon that had long since moved in.

ADMIN CALCIFET hadn't summoned here for a catching spree, however. He'd seen potential in the youth's ability when they'd first met. And, though he was certain others in the organization had seen that as well, the Galarian wished to see how they'd hold up against the new and exciting phenomenon in the region: TERASTALLIZATION.

If they thought the abandoned streets of this cityscape were haunting enough, however, then seeing the ruins of the CRYSTAL COURT MALL would take it to the next level.

Wearing a stylish black pea coat with dark brown trousers, Remiel stops in its large empty parking lot. His HISUIAN TYPHLOSION flanks him to his right, staring at the abandoned super-mall with a low growl in its throat.

"If our intel is correct, we'll find the Terastallizing Pokémon we're looking for in there."

CRYSTAL COURT
MISSION: A TERA TEST

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 14:23:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Maybe Isaac should have taken a bit more time out on injury leave. By now, the loss of his eye had long stopped being a fresh injury. However, pains both real and phantom alike continued to plague him, only exacerbated by the surprisingly bitter chill that had settled over the region. He also still had a lot of ground to cover on depth perception and hand eye coordination. Without a doubt, it was too early to be back in action.[break][break]

At the same time, fuck that. Sitting around all day was terminally boring. It wasn't even properly restful. Sitting around feeling sorry for himself just meant his brain got to drive the ship, and it picked at his negative thoughts just as one might itch and scratch at a fresh scar. And he was supposed to subject himself to that for how long? No fucking thanks.[break][break]

Besides, this was going to be a nice, simple mission. In many ways, it would be a return to form for Isaac. No high stakes drama. No alarmingly possible risk of grievous harm. No punching above his weight class. Just studying something weird for Rocket, and msybe getting into a little tussle on the way there. You know, the classics.[break][break]

His partner for the mission was a classic, too. Remiel was one of the first people Isaac took on a job for Rocket with. He was younger and stupider then, but the past half a year had ton a lot to draw out the potential that Remiel had seen in him. Now it was time to put that to the test.[break][break]

"I think I saw a video on this place once," Isaac mused. "Abandoned megamall in one of Hoenn's biggest cities? Yeah, this shit is catnip for urbex guys. Though the place's probably decayed even more since then. We should keep careful." It'd be fine, though. Weak floors were no match for a Magnet Rise. All he had to do was send Kiryu out and-[break][break]

Oh.[break][break]

He pushed the thought away, instead tossing down a Pokeball and releasing his Vikavolt. Lord British's wings droned like a piece of machinery as he took to the air, looking expectantly towards his trainer. "Any intel on what part of the mall our squatter's staying in?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 0:13:06 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The injuries Remiel himself had sustained during the power struggle at MT. PYRE were mostly hidden beneath the layers of clothing he wore. Though, if Isaac were to look closely, he would note the stark white of gauze bandages peeking out from his collar and one of his wrists. Thankfully, the pain medication staved off the sting of lingering wounds and aches that had slowly begun to heal.

"Urbex?" Remiel reiterates, raising a brow as they begun to advance. "That stands for 'urban explorer', is that right? I ran into them on an investigation once. Not the brightest fellows, as I can recall." He adds, recalling a night when he'd been asked to banish evil Ghost-type Pokémon from an abandoned train station in POSTWICK.

After acknowledging the summoned VIKAVOLT with a brief look, however, the admin answers Isaac's inquiry. "Nothing on that. I suppose we'll have to do a bit of 'urban exploring' ourselves." He chuckles, watching as his Typhlosion drops down on all fours and takes lead.

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 1:25:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Not a shocker. You gotta be a little reckless, a little crazy, and hellbent on ignoring every angry-looking sign and piece of caution tape in your way." To some people, that meant you weren't too bright. To others, it meant you were a visionary.[break][break]

To Remiel and Isaac, it may have sounded a little familiar. And judging by that cheeky little smirk on Isaac's face, he knew it.[break][break]

With no other leads to go off of, it was time to get started. Remiel's Typhlosion took to all fours, a nose to the ground as it took point. As he followed in their footsteps, Isaac whistled towards Lord British. "You're on overwatch, buddy. Any shit starts falling on us, I'm gonna need you to String Shot it out of the sky for us, alright?" The Vikavolt clacked his mandibles in anticipation, watching the weakened floors and creaky ceilings as they set foot in the mall.[break][break]

Mega was right. A structure this large shouldn't be so abandoned. It felt fundamentally wrong, like they were walking around the tomb of a dead god. Except in this case, instead of a god, it was just a monument to capitalistic excess. In other words, maybe the closest thing to a god in society now days. Gholdengo vs. Arceus, live on pay-per-view! Get tickets while they're hot![break][break]

"This new Tera . . . whatsit. It comes from that meteor, right?" Isaac asked. "Space team give you any clues on what the signs of it are? Cause I'm gonna be real, being stuck in the hospital means I'm a little behind the curve on the latest news."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 12:06:46 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Thankfully, they'd managed to find a broken window leading into a clothing outlet within the mall. Most of its wooden boards had long since rotted and fallen off, allowing them to enter and push aside the faceless mannequins. Before too long, the pair and their Pokémon found themselves in the haunting main plaza of the building.

The Typhlosion slinks off to explore as Remiel examines their surroundings with cobalt hues. When Isaac makes an inquiry, however, he nods. "Terastallization. It's a phenomenon that arrived with METENO, that's correct. Subjects are said to exhibit strange signs of crystallization and bright luminosity. But, reportedly, the changes go deeper than that..." The admin adds, walking forward.

Splotched and dirty linoleum tiled floors echo the sound of his footsteps when they aren't cracking due to their fragility. The escalator ahead has been stripped of its glass and rotator belt, and the elevator nearby is an absolute ruin. But, thankfully, a flight of stairs remains mostly intact across from it.

"How bad was the reason for your hospital visit?" Remiel asks, pulling a flashlight out of his pack.

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 14:30:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Crystals. It was always crystals with Pokemon, wasn't it? Mega Evolution was the most obvious example, polished marble-like jewels allowing Pokemon go ascend to new heights. Yet crystalized pieces of the energy that formed Z-Moves could also be found, even if less commonly than the irradiated Passho crops that flooded Hoenn. Was Terastalization just an extension of these phemomena?[break][break]

Perhaps it went even deeper. Some crystals allowed Pokemon to evolve naturally; was Mega Evolution an offshoot? Others brought out the power of a move once before falling inert; a precursor to Z-Moves? And now there was Terastalization, a ohenomenon that flat out created growths of crystal. Was it all connected? He'd have to ask one of his savvier friends, like or , or-[break][break]

The idea of a certain someone returning to Hoenn now that the dome was down filled him with dread.[break][break]

"Pretty sure if it was just glowing rocks, we wouldn't be here," Isaac mused. "So we're gonna have to prepare for some weird shit. But, hey. If we see strange lights or crystal growths, we'll know we're on the right track." He made sure to eye the floor for any sparkling dusts or crystal shards. With this new knowledge, a physical trail may have been more likely than a scent one.[break][break]

At Remiel's next question, Isaac couldn't help but snicker. "C'mon, you're a nice guy, but you don't gotta try that hard to spare my feelings." After all, the answer was as clear as that brand-new eyepatch on his face.[break][break]

"Didn't hurt as much as I expected it to, not gonna lie. Mask caught the worst of it, and adrenaline kept the pain away til I left Mt. Pyre. If anything, losing my depth perception's the real pain in the ass. Makes it a pain to bartend, throw Pokeballs, or-"[break][break]

Stairs. "Fuck."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 12:31:16 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel nods in agreement as he carefully ascends the dirty staircase. "That is indeed what we're here for: to familiarize ourselves with whatever is going on." But he stops halfway when his companion regards the elephant in the room. Turning to look over his shoulder, the royal offers an apologetic look. "So it's... gone, is it?"

When he realizes Isaac might have some trouble with ascending the stairs himself, however, he raises a brow. "Come now... you're not the type to let such an injury define you." He states matter-of-factly, turning back to continue upward and reach the second floor.

Meanwhile, his Hisuian Typhlosion climbs a pillar with ease to rejoin itself with its master. After sniffing about, it casts a suspicious look around them. The entire area has been marked with a odd paint-like substance. It coats the walls in strange designs sometimes, almost like works of graffiti. 

Remiel stops to examine one of these markings closely, and eventually decides to reach into his pack for a test tube.

"Interesting..."

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 5:54:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac winced a little at Remiel's apologetic look. Something about being pitied hurt even more than having the issue pointed out in the first place. He couldn't avoid it forever, though. "They couldn't save it," he said, voice quiet. "Maybe if I got to a clinic right away, there could've been a chance. But truth be told, I kinda doubt it." Maybe he believed it to protect himself. Maybe he believed it because of all the Dhelmise weed in his eye.[break][break]

Still, Remiel was encouraging, even in such a matter-of-fact manner. "You're right. I'm not," Isaac said, glaring at his reflection in the brass handrail. "But you know who is the type? Gravity. No amount of heart's gonna stop me from faceplanting on those stairs if I just go rushing ahead like nothing happened. Like I always do."[break][break]

He sighed heavily, slowly reaching a hand for the guardrail. It clamped over his reflection until his knuckles turned white. "I'm not trying to let it hold me back. But I'm gonna have to take things slow. Let it adjust." He took his first step onto the stairs, leg raised a little extra high so he wouldn't trip over the first stair. "One step at a time."[break][break]

By the time he made it up the stairs, Remiel would've already been examining a strange, gooey substance on the wall. He squinted as he saw the ambassador pull a test tube from his pack. "Think this is just some kids having fun?" he asked. No, no. The more he looked at the designs, the more that didn't make sense. "Nah, they'd probably sign something. A tag, y'know? This is just . . . shapes?" Yet, were they even shapes? If anything, they were more like simple patterns.[break][break]

Either way, whether they were particularly unimaginative kids or some kind of paint-happy Pokemon, they were a sign that Something had been here at Some Point. Isaac motioned for Lord British to cover one side, while he turned to face the other. Two heads were better than one, and together they'd be able to make sure nothing snuck up on Remiel for his meddling.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 10:20:55 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Despite the severity of the injury, Remiel was certain Isaac could adapt to it better than most. And he's pleased to find himself proven right when the lad decides to tackle the challenge of the stairs anyway. "I'm impressed. It seems you've taken away more than just your scars from the battlefield. The lessons learned there are invaluable." He comments, recalling their first mission together and the chaotic situation that had unfolded.

With a casual attitude that many might regard as indifference, however, the royal turns away and attends to the strange substance he has discovered coating the wall in a strange pattern. "I suppose I wouldn't put it past Hoennian children to use such strange substances. But you're right: they would have drawn something more recognizable, and left a signature of some sort."

Having finished collecting a sample, he carefully places a cap on the test tube before tucking it away into his bag. "The only signature this could belong to is a pokemon of some sort: which likely means this is a marking of its territory." He adds, turning around to face his companion once more. When he spots something in the shadowy depths of an abandoned shoe store across the way, however, his attention is very noticeably ripped away again. 

What he'd seen had been an... abnormally long finger? But it had slinked away into the backrooms before he could get a proper look at it, leaving him with nothing but a chill that ran down his spine. Without explanation, he chirps at his Hisuian Typhlosion to regard him before pointing towards the aforementioned storefront. It creeps towards it.

"There." He whispers at Isaac.

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 15:37:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"If I don't, what was any of this for?"[break][break]

The question was calm and matter of fact, even if beneath the surface it was an agonized plea. "To lose my eye, to lose Kiryu, only make those sacrifices in vain . . ." The thought alone was enough to make his skin crawl. "If I'm just going to do that, I might as well have just died up on that mountain. The sacrifices, the loss, the pain . . .I'm gonna make sure it all means something. I have to."[break][break]

As he spoke, Remiel studied. And he agreed it likely wasn't some kids. Not, it had to be a Pokemon. "With this many colors, though? Smeargle always seem kinda . . . monochrome. And that's the only natural born painter I can think of." Honestly, it was kind of a relief if he was wrong. The only Pokemon more unpredictable than a Smeargle was a Togepi in full Metronome mode.[break][break]

A long finger may be the source of their answer. Isaac had never seen a Pokemon with such bony fingers before. What the heck were they dealing with here? Some kind of skeleton artist? "I knew the rift let out some weird Pokemon, but this takes the cake," Isaac said.[break][break]

Still, they had to be prepared. "Lord British, snare it at the first sign of movement, alright?" The Vikavolt hummed in response, sending electricity into its silk glands to kick production into overdrive. Something told him this wasn't going to be an easy catch . . .

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 9:32:35 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
What was any of this for?

Remiel had asked himself that far too many times than he was comfortable with as of late. It's the reason for his silence on the matter, frankly. Would Isaac turn against him and label him a traitor if he knew his real thoughts? Possibly. So it was better for both of them that the admin kept his mouth shut.

That wasn't a burden he wished to place on the lad. It was clear he was dealing with enough. Though, just as clearly, the two were going about challenging their respective dilemmas in different ways and varying planes of attitude.

Nevertheless, the royal doesn't say anything until Isaac's musings remind him of something: the strange lemur-like creature he'd seen in the sky, like a cosmic vision being screened, after breaching reality with .

"A Paldean Pokémon..."

Though any motion to advance had to be put to a halt as Remiel regards his partner with a questioning look after he commands his VIKAVOLT with its nickname. "'Lord British'... really?" He amusedly smiles.

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 14:38:32 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Did Remiel know how deep Isaac's own questioning ran? Did he know the sins that had weighed on the younger man's back? The traumas and crucibles that he had ready been put through? The twin pains of being a good man and a Rocket, facing the trials of the low road and high road alike as he tried to walk the line?[break][break]

An uncharacteristic quiet fell over the two. Occasionally Isaac stole a glance in Remiel's direction, as if trying to gauge what the normally-jovial, normally-blunt ambassador was thinking. Part of him desperately wanted to say something to break the silence that his words had unexpectedly caused.[break][break]

Yet of all things, it was a silly little name that got Remiel out of his head. "Huh?" he asked, as if snapping out of his reverie. "Oh, yeah. I found it in an arcade, and it kinda looks like a ship from one of those old games my little brother loved playing. But I think whoever discovered this Pokemon already beat me to that one." Seriously. The large-mandibled Vikavolt was a dead ringer for the split-nosed design of the Vic Viper. "So I named it after Player 2 instead."[break][break]

He sighed, fondly remembering one of his rare moments of childhood happiness. "Arceus, I was always awful at them." Hand Isaac a keyboard or controller, and you'd get an utterly hopeless spectacle in turn. The only games he actually had some talent at were the physically dependent ones that had shown him. And now, with what happened to his eye, those would also be a thing of the past.[break][break]

"Do you name all of yours?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 13:15:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
British, of course, was another word for GALARIAN. Remiel didn't know whether Isaac was aware of his public persona as ZEKROM's AVATAR or not, but a Vikavolt with that particular nickname did inspire amusing thoughts of how it came to be. But, alas, it had been named after a ship in a video game— a subject he'd never exactly been well-versed in. "I don't name them all. Just the ones worthy." He admits, unaware that his butler did.

Before they can explore that a bit further, however, there's a commotion in the abandoned shoe store ahead. A flare of purple fire (MYSTICAL FIRE) illuminates it in full for a moment, igniting old shoe boxes and countertops. Revealed in that light, a crude graffiti-like depiction (SKETCH) of his Typhlosion can be seen on one of the store walls.

The Typhlosion in question, in the meantime, wipes away an ACID SPRAY from its face. Whatever had attacked her was now gone, back into the backrooms of the store. Remiel rushes off to inspect the scene, commanding his Typhlosion to quell the lingering magical flames that remained.

Using his flashlight, he slowly begins to advance into the backroom... before, suddenly, the electrical power in the abandoned shopping mall roars to life. Eerie 80's pop plays over the few dilapidated speakers that remain. It echoes throughout these bygone chambers of capitalism, and only serves to distract the admin for a moment longer before he breaches the backroom of the shoe store at last...

Only to find nothing.

"It's escaped elsewhere..."

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:25:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Right. Remiel had nicknamed at least one. His shining Gardevoir and personal assistant had made quite the impression in Isaac's memory. Still, he sat at a halfway point on the subject of names. Isaac tried to imagine the concept of earning his right to a name. It felt foreign.[break][break]

If the man he refused to call a father could've taken his name back, he would've in a heartbeat.[break][break]

He stewed in the thought as they chased after their Terastal threat, pursuing it through a garish combination of acid-burned shoe memorabilia and crude graffiti. Whatever they were chasing had even whipped up a crude, mocking picture of Remiel's Typhlosion. Yet when the lights smashed on and the mall roared to life, it was clear they had been chasing a shadow.[break][break]

"If this is its turf, it might've given us the runaround while we were lost in the dark," Isaac said. "Now that the light's back on, maybe we've got a better chance of tracking it down. But how'd the light even get on in the first-"[break][break]

No.[break][break]

"It couldn't."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 23:01:13 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The fact that this ruin was still receiving electricity was, in itself, an enigma.

As Remiel's gaze pans over to the exit, however, he spots something odd: a dazzling reflection in the glass panes across the way. The sight might send a SLUSHIE cold chill down the spine. He ushers Isaac to come along with him before exiting the shoe store. And, at the heart of the shopping mall, they see a brightly blinding little figure frolicking in the empty water fountain.

The prince shields his eyes with a single hand. "That must be our devious little culprit, but... is it wearing a crown of some sort?" Beside him, his Typhlosion growls.

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO