awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 8:46:56 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The GALARIAN EMBASSY sat solemnly at the corner of 701 Igneous Road. Given their recent brush with an apocalypse, most of its employees had left to gather and be with their families. The skeleton crew that remained had volunteered to stay and assist the remaining Galarian immigrants and tourists who trickled in with burning questions. Those who wished to go back to
GALAR, now that the dome had fallen, were put on a waiting list.

, both ambassador and prince to these people, had only just been discharged from the medical building nearby. He'd done what he could from his hospital bed, giving instruction and signing off on disaster relief funds that supported Galarians with covering the costs of shelter, food, funerals, and flights. Now that he was up and about, however, his doctor forbade him from flying to his country himself.

There was, of course, nothing that could truly stop him from mounting ZEKROM and flying off anyway. But he'd been convinced by his doctor, and a visit from the ROYAL GUARD, that his mother the QUEEN was already guiding Galar through its restoration. His visit would only inspire ire from those who considered themselves abandoned by him.

And, for now, this was enough to keep him put.

So, covered in gauze bandages and patches, the ambassador puts on his black jacket, trousers, and shoes, before heading to ZAPAPICO's, a popular (albeit small and unassuming) PALDEAN deli in RUSTBORO CITY. He stands in line there as the deli hand helps another guest, cobalt hues scanning the selection of meats presented as he tries to decide what he's in the mood for. The door chime rings as another patron enters, inevitably to stand in line beside him.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES
MISSION: POST PAAA

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 18:07:53 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

compared to most others involved, cian definitely walked away from it unscratched. in his defense, he'd done a good job defending himself along with petalburg's primal point. he and make a good team, unsurprisingly.[break][break]

entering a nearby store, one of his favorites, he steps in line and finishes up a conversation over the phone with .[break][break]

"yeah i got it, babe. the curry klawf stick sandwich no mayo extra klawf for you. i got it! bye bye bye."[break][break]

he hangs up, then quickly glances around to take in his surroundings; something he's had to learn to do more recently. naturally, he tenses the moment he recognizes but does his best to hide his stress.[break][break]

"oh! hello there, mister ambassador. this is like the last place i thought i'd run into you."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 8:52:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Upon hearing the telltale chatter of a phone call, Remiel refrained from regarding the man with a polite nod or even a look. It was impolite to interrupt a phone call, after all, and nearly as impolite to eavesdrop on one, too. But, as things were, it was slightly difficult not to.

Frankly, the conversation reminded him of his own phone calls with not so long ago. There's a melancholic gleam in his eyes as he thinks about those times... then, suddenly, he's spoken to directly. Blinking out of his momentary lapse, Remiel turns to regard the acknowledgment and politely smiles as 's words settle in.

"Hello there. Forgive me for asking, but have we... met somewhere, before?" He inquires.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 7:34:05 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah! probably at some event here in rustboro, i think."[break][break]

unless...[break][break]

"oh fuck."[break][break]

after weeks, he finally remembers why admin fox had looked so familiar when he had revealed himself at the conclave in sootopolis.[break][break]

the look on his face gives his recognition away. what follows is nervousness. even dread.[break][break]

"yeah, uh, we definitely have."

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 14:28:50 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
It takes him a moment longer than he'd care to admit but, eventually, the realization sets in. It's none other than himself. The GYM LEADER of RUSTBORO CITY. One of the most recent guests on an HBS talk show as the man who had infiltrated TEAM ROCKET.

The fight or flight within Remiel simmers, though it's masked with the same nonchalance on his expression prior. He's been recognized, of that much he is certain. But, even so...

He smiles.

"Ah, Cian Maher. From the charity gala, right? It's been some time. How are you?"

The line moves down one person, and they shuffle along to lead it forward. The door chimes and a small group of nurses enter with a CHANSEY— effectively blocking the exit as they talk amongst themselves.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 13:39:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"from the chari—"[break][break]

the door chimes just in time to stop him from questioning it. there's a good chance the ambassador hasn't put two and two together. oh, who is he kidding. of course he has.[break][break]

"i've been, uh, good! good. yes."[break][break]

this small talk feels painful. he glances over his shoulder, noting how his exit path has been blocked by the nurses.[break][break]

"and yourself? busy since the summit?"[break][break]

the summit aka the gathering of criminals and terrorists.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 2:00:11 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The summit? Cian is quite bold for that one. Remiel carries on casually anyway — almost as if he'd heard 'charity gala' in place of it. "Busy recovering, yes," He chuckles, browsing the selection in the display case with his eyes. "In fact, I feel like I've got a new lease on life after the whole 'pending apocalypse' kerfuffle."

Turning back to the young blonde, he smiles. "How about you? Any unforeseen revelations post-meteor?"

Meanwhile, the line moves down a person. One step closer to ordering their sandwiches. One step closer to freedom.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 10:47:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it's impressive how the prince's mask holds even when poked at. he has to give credit where it is due, though it's not like he would ever say it out loud.[break][break]

"nothing unforeseen as of yet. maybe just this one, though."[break][break]

the line moves down, and in the brief moment where footsteps sound, he dares to ask a question.[break][break]

"are you here for me?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 15:04:49 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
It would be quite disastrous for them both to have any sort of violent altercation in a deli shop— in Rustboro, no less. Strangely enough, Remiel had come to love this city as much as he imagined its gym leader had. Thankfully, Cian refrains from doing anything rash, past the verbal poking and prodding. Even still, it leaves the ambassador curious.

Was it due to his diplomatic immunity? Was he not sure of his former alter ego? Or was there something else? When asked whether he's here for him, however, Remiel can't help but lightly snort with a chuckle. He was quite bold indeed.

"I'm here for a sandwich," He answers, shifting his glance back at Cian brightly. "Though, since we've happened to run into each other..." He pauses, teasingly letting the tension rise before continuing. "I insist that you let me buy yours. There's a park plaza right next door. We should chat." The royal adds, shifting down the line further.

Before Cian can really protest, the deli hand requests Remiel's order. "I'll have the Five Alarm on sourdough, please. Extra onion, no mustard, and toasted."

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 16:09:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

cian's about to protest because the last thing he wants is to go a park plaza to have a sandwich with a former admin, someone who's very much capable of taking his life. but the line moves up, and now it's his turn to order.[break][break]

"shit, uh, i'll have the same as him please."[break][break]

beats thinking up his own order.[break][break]

the next few minutes are spent in tense silence but their sandwiches reach them eventually. then, he spares a gesture out the door.[break][break]

"so...chat?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 9:38:16 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel raises a brow at Cian's order, wondering if he didn't just place it under some sense of nervousness. Nevertheless, the deli hand prepares both as they shuffle down to the register to have it paid. Afterward, they move to exit.

"Let's," The ambassador nods, opening the door and politely gesturing for Cian to exit first. Holding the bag with their sandwiches in it, he follows behind. "I come to the park plaza often, I know the perfect spot." He smiles.

♔ ♔ ♔

The stone bench in question lies beneath the shade of an old oak tree — a tree quite common and in line with the spirit of Rustboro. Surrounding them are the four sculptures of Rustboro's founders, each pointing north, south, west, and east respectively. A shimmering water fountain sits proudly at the center of the plaza as children frolic in the snow nearby.

Remiel passes Cian his wrapped sandwich, then places the plastic bag between them along with a short stack of napkins. As he begins to neatly unwrap the top half of his own, the Galarian finally breaks the silence that has followed them like a black cloud since the deli. "I know you know, Cian. I'm not here to hurt you. I only wish to talk."

The statement is made casually to inspire a sense of calm and, hopefully, sincerity. Nonchalant cobalt hues momentarily  gaze over to the other to gauge his reaction.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 9:53:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

for a second, cian expects to step out the door and be stabbed right in the back the same way he had done to many others. but the next thing he knows, he's sitting at the stone bench fiddling with the wrapping of his sandwich. he must've muttered a "thanks," when handed his sandwich but he doesn't remember.[break][break]

"what, uh..."[break][break]

he swallows his nerves, forcing the words out.[break][break]

"what do you want to talk about?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 12:45:42 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The surrounding area is public and populated enough that Remiel is confident neither of them has to worry about an altercation here. Deciding to return Cian's frankness with some of his own, the ambassador speaks freely from there on out. They only have so long before they finish their sandwiches and return to their daily lives, after all.

"My involvement in Team Rocket," He says, putting the finishing touches on the top half of the sandwich paper he's folding. "And the terms of my presence in Hoenn moving forward. I figured since we live in the same city— a city we both hold near and dear— it would best for us to reach some sort of understanding."

Rather than ramble on, he pauses to acknowledge any sort of gut reaction his lunch partner might have. Shock? Anger? Disgust? They were all valid and warranted emotions here. Whichever he employed spoke volumes to his character and, ultimately, the chances this talk would succeed.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 11:00:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it's mostly shock and anger, really, at how remy thinks they can simply come to terms with everything he's done for team rocket. but then again, he doesn't know what exactly the fox has done, but he assumes it must have fallen in line with what's expected of him considering how he was an admin.[break][break]

conflicted, he decides to take the first bite of his sandwich.[break][break]

"look, i'm not going to deny your contribution to this city and its people, but you were an admin, remy. like, surely you must've done shit to get promoted, right?"[break][break]

he looks over, curious.[break][break]

"why do you want to get out now?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 11:14:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Going into the details of what he'd done wasn't going to help here, he figured. Though he certainly hadn't committed nearly as many sins as the others, the nature of those sins was better left to be recorded and investigated in a meeting with the League. Cian didn't seem to want to hear them anyway. His curiosity dwelled elsewhere.

"They crossed a line I wouldn't," He replies, holding his own sandwich stationery for the time being. "They endangered the very existence of everything." Shifting his eyes away from the young man, after having gauged a good sense of his initial opinion, the ambassador sighs.

"I'm not asking you or the League to trust me. I know that's something I'll have to work for. But I'm not leaving Rustboro or Hoenn either. I want to be a part of something better, not just something that's dressed up to seem like it." He adds, finally taking a bite.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO