POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 3:51:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah, they did."[break][break]

but his own distaste for team rocket started long before that.[break][break]

after a moment of thought, he continues with a sigh.[break][break]

"i can't really judge you. i was in the same position you were in and i took a leap of faith and it paid off."[break][break]

he takes a bite as well.[break][break]

"i want to trust you. so i guess you just gotta take that leap as well and finally leave."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 22:35:33 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The fact that they can sit here and eat sandwiches together, despite knowing what they know, speaks to the hope of a new beginning. Though Remiel supposed he got lucky here, considering the gym leader in the city he now called home had gone through something similar. The scope of understanding they shared helped ease the tension.

When it came to the general public, however, the people that surrounded them and walked throughout the plaza, that understanding would surely not come so easily.

"I've already made the decision," The ambassador finally admits with a nod, lowering his sandwich and glancing over at Cian. "I'm meeting with about it tomorrow. Then not long after. Once Walsh hears about that, I expect I'll be placed at the top of his hitlist..." He adds, staring off at the fountain for a moment before casually taking another bite of his lunch.

Pausing to chew his food, swallow, and dab at the corner of his mouth with a napkin, however, the royal continues. "Your father was part of Rocket, wasn't he? You were more or less born into it?" The ambassador inquires.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES
MISSION: POST PAAA

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 14:15:54 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh shit."[break][break]

it seems cian will not be the only defector over the new year. even if he doesn't admit as much, he is hit with a small wave of relief knowing that he isn't the only one. the wave only grows when he realizes remy will most likely be a larger target than him.[break][break]

that makes it just that much safer, doesn't it?[break][break]

pulled away from his thoughts by remy's question, cian shakes his head.[break][break]

"nah, he was stupid enough to join them when they first took slateport, and we were stupid enough to follow him."[break][break]

even now, he still finds it difficult to believe they were that naive.[break][break]

"only bo and i have gotten out. dad and caden, my other brother, are still in."

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 11:59:55 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Though he spares a moment to devour his sandwich a little further, Cian's reaction to his admission doesn't go unnoticed. He was sure the news might come with some degree of relief for the young man, given his recent betrayal. Though Remiel doubted Walsh would suspend most of the resources he had on exacting revenge on Cian either.

The resource pool for Team Rocket, after all, was massive. More than enough violence and death to go around.

After finishing his latest bite, the ex-Admin takes a moment to think. "I can't say I've ever met personally, but I've seen his name in reports." He admits, nodding his head. "He seems like an intelligent enough fellow. Though family matters have a tendency to complicate things, even for the brightest amongst us."

He spares a moment for what comes next. He's not sure he should ask it, but curiosity wins in the end and he looks over at him. "You... haven't given him up, have you?"

Was it so much to think that one brother would hold out hope for another's salvation? Not necessarily. Though, in the case of his own twin brother back in Galar, most certainly.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 8:29:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

silence befalls them, guilt rising as cian ponders over the prince's question. has he given up on ?[break][break]

yes, he has. a part of him had given up even before going to see him in the hospital that day. he went into that conversation with one foot already out the door. he had forsaken his twin.[break][break]

but, selfishly, cian is okay with that.[break][break]

"not yet."[break][break]

he sighs, moving on quickly.[break][break]

"let me know if there's anything i can do to help. even if it's just to talk, or whatever."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 7:53:31 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Perhaps it was a bit selfish or hopeful on his part to ask such a personal question. Remiel could not expect an abundance of sympathy or understanding simply because Cian would go to such lengths for his brother. The prince had chosen that life, after all. The Maher's had been born into it. And, some might say, even molded by it.

As he ponders this, the royal takes the last bite of his sandwich for now, tucking it away into its paper bag afterward. Then, much to his surprise, Cian extends an olive branch. He gulps as a result, swallowing his food down before dabbing at his mouth with a napkin and tucking it away for the trash bin.

"I... appreciate that. Navigating this situation has been quite challenging, but finding someone who understands is... a relief, I suppose." Was that the right word for it? Truth be told, Remiel didn't have much experience with these sorts of conversations. Nonetheless, he has a much easier time deciding on what to say afterward.

"I know I'm not in any place to support you at the moment, but I won't forget this. I promise." He nods, standing from the bench to extend a handshake.

Before they part ways, however, there's one last thing: Remiel hands him a second sandwich that had been sitting in his plastic bag all along. "You forgot to order this for your girlfriend, so I took it upon myself since I figured it was inadvertently my fault." He chuckles.

BETWEEN TWO FIRES

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 14:16:05 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah, i guess it is."[break][break]

a relief, he means, to know that he isn't alone in this. to know that someone else can relate to being a defector.[break][break]

he stands as well, glancing down at the offered hand for a moment before taking it.[break][break]

"i'm just happy to help."[break][break]

and at the forgotten sandwich, it should have stayed forgotten as it would not have mattered anyways. will leave him with or without it.[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
BETWEEN TWO FIRES
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 3:08:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: