cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 13:08:27 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

When Calla was little, all she wanted more than anything else, was to to be a figure skater. There was something about it that stuck with her, even now. Of course, then her knee had been busted and that removed any sort of professional athleticism from her goals list.[break][break]

Not that circumstance would’ve allowed it anyway. Paying for lessons as a child had been virtually impossible. And besides, there was no way that she had anymore skill than the people she watched shuffling along the ice in the makeshift rink from where she sits on the safety of a park bench.[break][break]

She has friends she could’ve probably texted for this. Heck, she could’ve dragged her brother out. But that’s not who she wants to see right now, so the text is typed out and her thumb is hitting the send button to woosh away to Uriah before she can think too hard about it:[break][break]

they built a huge ice rink at the park. u game?[break][break]

Of course, as soon as she does this, her stomach twists up nervously given the last time they were out and the mess she’d made of it, but there was no taking it back. Idly, she strokes the warm fur of the cubchoo contentedly sitting in her lap.[break][break]

It’s a decent enough distraction.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] | m: festive flirts [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-cubchoo color-shiny"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#dbb66b; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 11:08:05 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

it has been too long since uriah had last been ice skating; the last time being in snowpoint a few years ago long before his move to hoenn. it's why, apart from the fact that it's her asking, his response is almost instant:[break][break]

hell yea i'm omw[break][break]

because ice skating is something friends do, right?[break][break]

he's already in the area so he shows up promptly accompanied by joel, his octillery. the water-type slides closely behind as uriah approaches her.[break][break]

"hello, hello!"[break][break]

the smile he wears is as bright as the festive decorations around them.[break][break]

"it's good to see you, cal! thanks for the invite."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-octillery"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 6:10:27 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

They can do this and be chill, right? Totally. It doesn’t have to be weird. They’re friend! They’re..[break][break]

She can’t help the way her expression brightens as soon as he appears in front of her. As neutral as she should try to be, that lightness still seeps into her smile.[break][break]

How can she not, with him beaming at her like that? It’s enough to make her face feel warm. Though the cool winter air is a good excuse for the redness in her nose and cheeks.[break][break]

“Yeah, it’s…nice to see you outside of work.” Bundling the cubchoo in her arms she stands up, and before she can think better of it, she blurts, “Of course! I thought of you first.”[break][break]

Quick to look down, Calla’s turns flustered and she quickly seeks a distraction, “The skate rentals are over there.”

[break][break]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#dbb66b; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 8:15:36 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah! it's really nice."[break][break]

did she really think of me first?[break][break]

that doesn't sound very casual. still, it's not like he minds, which is really a problem in itself even if he refuses to accept it.[break][break]

"okie dokie. let's go get some."[break][break]

with a gesture, he starts walking over to the rentals and is quick to secure pairs of skates. he sits down on a bench to start switching over.[break][break]

his octillery, hidden underneath his legs, mimics his movements even if it has no feet or skates to change into.[break][break]

"how good are you at ice skating? are you going to, like, literally run circles around me while i waddle?"

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 17:53:07 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Yeah,” she repeats dumbly, smile turning a bit sheepish.[break][break]

It isn’t a lie, try as she might to remain neutral and casual. Even as she stands there, her stomach is twisting itself in knots, wondering how she can repair the damage she did.[break][break]

The cubchoo is still in her arms as she follows after him, though she sets him down once she has to pick up a smaller pair of skates. He’s not as theatrical as the octillery, but he does watch the other pokemon with obvious interest before he sneezes out a cloud of frost.[break][break]

“Uhhh, not as good as I would like to be,” she admits with a laugh before waving a hand, “don’t worry, though. I gotchu. Just don’t fall on me, I don’t think I’ll be able to catch you quite as easily.” The mental image of him awkwardly waddling across the ice causes a giggle to slip free.[break][break]

With little hesitation, she steps out on the ice and manages a wobbly twist so that she can turn back and wait for him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 9:53:08 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"gotchu. just don't fall, uriah."[break][break]

sounds easy enough![break][break]

with a determined humph, he stands, then follows her out onto the ice, and sure enough, he does not fall. he stands there almost awkwardly in place, momentum not quite enough to propel him forward yet.[break][break]

and then, he starts sliding, skating with ease.[break][break]

"i actually skated a lot in sinnoh! it's been a while, though."[break][break]

after circling her a few times, he slides to a halt, then offers her his hand.

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:28:41 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

She opens her mouth to further encourage him, but as soon as he's on the ice, he takes to it a lot easier than implied.[break][break]

It’s another little thing that reminds her of how starkly different their childhoods were.[break][break]

“Yeah? I’m kinda jealous. We mostly had to do the whole slide on frozen pond thing where you don’t actually have the skates.”[break][break]

She has at least skated for real a few times since, though. Not anything fancy, but it still made her happy enough. Her arms extend to either side, to keep her balance.[break][break]

She watches him drift around her, and a smile begins to brighten up her face again. Even more so when a hand is extended out to her. Scooting forward enough to successfully curl her smaller hand in his.[break][break]

"Hopefully it's not me that pulls you down." Given the way she faceplanted on his bedroom floor all on her own, it's probably more likely than she'll acknowledge.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 10:19:32 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"hopefully...but i trust you."[break][break]

but even if she were to pull him down, that would be okay, because he'd make sure to pull her down with him.[break][break]

with his hand now in hers, he drifts closer, shoulder brushing against hers. he smiles, then starts skating slowly, perhaps wanting to stretch the moment out for as long as he could.[break][break]

"did you ever fall into the frozen pond, by the way?"

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 4:54:28 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I dunno, Uri. Better hope I don’t crumble under the pressure.”[break][break]

Any doubtful composure she speaks with breaks quickly with her laughter. She would try to right him, of course. She just probably would fall down in the process.[break][break]

It’s easier to keep up with him when he slows the pace, given that her shorter legs mean shorter strides. And it’s just…nice. His hand is warm and she’s quick to realize that she missed the feeling of their fingers being knit together.[break][break]

“Nope. Believe it or not, I used to be pretty quick…Once upon a time. Lots of close calls, though.” The sound of groaning ice underfoot is a telling thing, and she would be sent scrambling back to the banks.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 16:13:53 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i believe you."[break][break]

the thought of a young calla sliding across the ice like a speedy demon has him smiling. how he would've liked to have seen it.[break][break]

his hand holds hers a little tighter as they come to a corner. they turn slowly, almost with ease.[break][break]

"i find that i much prefer going slow like we are now. it feels...nicer."[break][break]

he turns to look at her, feeling brave for a moment.[break][break]

"or maybe that's just because of you."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 4:22:26 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“You mean you don’t want to race?” she asks dryly. Without thought, her hand squeezes back.[break][break]

She almost loses her footing at the little addition to his initial remark from the way it surprises her. Her feet stutter on the ice and she has to use her free hand to hold his arm as well to steady herself.[break][break]

Calla’s heart stammers too, and after the awkwardness that’s lingered between them since October, she can’t claim to have been expecting it.[break][break]

It’s enough to make her feel just a little bit hopeful again.[break][break]

“I tend to have that effect,” she teases back, the lightness in her tone and heat in her cheeks coupled with the stubborn smile that curls the corners of her mouth keeps her words from seeming casual.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 10:52:37 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"you do, you do."[break][break]

his octillery applauds from the sideline, more than content with watching and being a good hype man (octopus).[break][break]

"i, uh—"[break][break]

he hesitates for a moment but the words slip out eventually.[break][break]

"i missed you, cal. i miss hanging out with you like this."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 23:27:29 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

When she looks back over toward his octillery, she has to stave off a laugh when she notices that her cubchoo has clambered up atop his head.[break][break]

The stammer in his voice makes her pause, and Cal looks up at him again, brows furrowing again.[break][break]

He’s just given her a compliment, but maybe that was too good to be true. Maybe it was just friendly after all, and he’s looking to clarify that now and feels awkward about it?[break][break]

It would serve her right, after all. Silently, she waits with an expression that shutters closed to a degree as her stomach twists itself into knots.[break][break]

But a let down is not what she gets.[break][break]

“Oh,” she pretty much squeaks before rolling her bottom lip between her teeth. “I wasn’t expecting that.” Looking back down at her skates as they continue to glide across the ice. She could edge around everything, but that might only cause more distance to grow between them. And really, that’s the last thing she wants.[break][break]

She’s a little too contrite to look back up, though. “I’m sorry, that was my fault. But I’ve missed you too.”
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 14:32:30 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

not really minding the cubchoo on its head, the octillery continues clapping, now blowing bubbles.[break][break]

"nah, that wasn't your fault! if anyone's to blame it was me."[break][break]

even now he's still unsure whether what he felt (feels) or did was appropriate given their relationship at work. but the feeling of her hand in his, of her beside him is enough to blind him.[break][break]

"i didn't mean to make things awkward between us or to make you uncomfortable."

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
ice ice baby [m] [il]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 4:56:28 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Are they being cheered on? Is that what the octillery is doing from the sidelines? Playing hype man? It’s sort of adorable.[break][break]

“What, no! It wasn’t your fault, you were just being honest.” And obviously he was better about that than her.[break][break]

It’s confusing and conflicting. Sure, she’s got goals and a degree to finish and things she wants to do, but she needs the job she has. The one he hired her for. That should trump any feelings that have bloomed inside of her.[break][break]

And yet—[break][break]

She shakes her head, twisting her hand so that their fingers weave together more sturdily. “You didn’t make me uncomfortable, I promise. I just-“ Calla huffs out a frustrated breath and bites down on her lip, considering her words before she sneaks a look up at him.[break][break]

“I’m not really actually all that confident of a person. Not like I might seem.” That doesn’t even really begin to cover the depth of her commitment and trust issues— it’s only the tip of the iceberg, but it’s a start, yeah?[break][break]

And then in a quiet addition, “It doesn’t mean that I don’t…feel similarly, though.”

[break][break]