Marshall Slade
Snowboarding 101 [m]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 19:51:07 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshpost"]
[attr=class","marshpostbody"]
[attr="class","marshposttext"]

The Silent Icelands. That was what people had started to call the fields outside Oldale Town that glittered with Kyurem's NEVER-MELT ICE. Marshall had heard that many Pokémon were trapped there — a morbid thought.[break][break]

Thankfully, upon arrival, he noticed there were vast swathes of snowy slopes without a Pokémon in sight. Relieved, he took to one such area to teach her how to snowboard.[break][break]

After showing her the basics on relatively flat land, including how to "walk" with the snowboard strapped to one foot, Marshall led his girlfriend to the top of a small hill. It was short enough that her first attempt would not be overly long, and its slope was relatively mild.[break][break]

"I'll go down first, then it's your turn. Just remember what I taught you, all right?" he said reassuringly.

[attr="class","marshpostooc"][break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Festive Flirts (IL)

[attr="class","marshpostpkmn"]

[attr="class","marshpostcredit"]

[newclass=".marshpost"]--accent:#D45A40;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshposttext b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshpostcredit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Snowboarding 101 [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 15:28:25 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

Lia had never imagined walking in the snow would be this hard. It seems simple enough in the movies, doesn’t it? Playing in the snow, a winter wonderland, and all of that… Instead, it’s more akin to walking on the desert sands if the scorching heat were replaced with a cold that bites, turning the tip of her nose bright pink. The snow becomes compact under her every step, making her feel incredibly clumsy – like a toddler who is still learning to walk properly. She probably looks really silly.
[break][break]
It’s the sort of thing Lia tries not to think about, just how she tries not to think about the ever so detailed records she recently wrote about what had caused the existence of this Silent Iceland. She thinks about the good things instead; about how fun snowboarding looks, about how she has always wanted to try it, about the instructions she’s given, and most of all, about .
[break][break]
”If I fall, you better not make fun of me.” A playful smirk tugs at her lips. Lia may be athletic and all, but everyone is expected to fail the first time they try something. She stands at the top of the hill, clad in white snow pants, a yellow parka, and the most adorable Scorbunny beanie.
[break][break]
”Okay, I think I’m ready. Miiiight need a ‘good luck’ kiss, though.” Lia beams, teasing.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ Festive Flirts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.awt6] --accent: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Snowboarding 101 [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 17:05:42 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Marshall laughed in his usual, good-natured way.[break][break]

"I can't make any promises," he teased back, yet he leaned in, too. Their lips met, and for a few seconds, Marshall savored the softness and warmth of the kiss. Then he pulled back and grinned. "See you at the bottom!"[break][break]

Kicking off with ease, he crouched over his snowboard, both feet firmly planted on it, and coasted down the slope of the hill. Though the gentleness of the descent did not rouse the usual adrenaline within him, it was enough to evoke nostalgia of winters snowboarding back home in his heart.[break][break]

At the bottom of the hill, Marshall turned his board around so he could look back up at Lia. "Your turn!" he called out to her.

NOTES

[newclass=".marshpost .marshpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshposttext b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Snowboarding 101 [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 19:35:31 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

A kiss that’s a little too short for her liking does have the intended effect still. It’s sweet, and for the few seconds when she’s so close to Marshall that all she can focus on is his presence, Lia forgets all about her stress over making a fool of herself when snowboarding.
[break][break]
And then it all comes back when he goes down the little hill as if it were the easiest thing there can be. Ugh, how is he so cool?
[break][break]
Fuck.
[break][break]
Okay, to be fair, it probably is easy to him, and in essence snowboarding is simple enough, but if her track record with Mantine Surfing is to be proof of anything, this is bound to go wrong fast. At least isn’t here to make fun of her this time, but Marshall is, and Lia knows all too well that he will if she gives him the opportunity (she’d do the same if she were in his place, wouldn’t she?).
[break][break]
She takes a deep breath.
[break][break]
”Okay. Okay. I got this.” There’s determination in her voice, washed over by a wave of confidence, and for a moment, when she pushes forward and begins to go down the little slope, it really seems to work. Her stance is right, her board goes down straight, she doesn’t lean too much to either side, and it all goes well…
[break][break]
Of course, it’s then that she realises she has no idea how to stop.
[break][break]
”Fuck- Wait!” Lean a little too far back and balance is lost, resulting in Lia waving her arms until she ends up falling back onto a pile of fresh snow. ”...Ow.”
[break][break]
It doesn’t really hurt, even if having her feet stuck to the board is a pain, and in the end, she can’t help but laugh about it all.
[break][break]
She may just not be made for this kind of sport, or...
[break][break]
"You know, I'm starting to think Hoennians are not made for now. Totally not my fault."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ Festive Flirts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.awt6] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Snowboarding 101 [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 14:02:29 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

At first, Lia moved smoothly down the small hill, even if she was a little wobbly in the legs. As she picked up speed, however, she lost her balance, causing her to topple right into the snow.[break][break]

"Lia!" Marshall shouted, not at all surprised this had happened, yet still feeling that urgent, protective instinct at the sight of his girlfriend falling over. "Lia, are you okay?"[break][break]

She was a mess, snow covering her in a fine layer of white powder, but she was laughing. Marshall couldn't help but smile even as he helped her to her feet.[break][break]

"Maybe you aren't," he agreed, shaking his head with amusement. "But up until the crash, you looked pretty good. I bet with some practice, you'd do just fine and want to tackle even bigger hills."[break][break]

He turned to start back up the gentle slope.[break][break]

"Want to try again?"

NOTES

[newclass=".marshpost .marshpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshposttext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Snowboarding 101 [m]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 16:52:53 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

Later on, when Lia thinks back to this day, she’ll smile at Marshall’s urge to protect her and make sure she’s okay. It’s sweet. However, because it’s sweet, when it happens it also makes her feel terribly guilty. She shouldn’t be worrying him like this.
[break][break]
”Get your shit together, Lia.” Says the little voice in her head. ”It’s just some snow. You’re good at things that are much harder than this.”
[break][break]
And so, with renewed motivation, she takes Marshall’s hand, standing and making sure her foothold on the board is secure before turning to look at him.
[break][break]
”Maybe I’m just good at boring things like fishing.” Oh, she’s not letting that one go. She smirks, amused. ”Hell yeah, let’s try again. I’m not giving up just yet.”

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ Festive Flirts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Snowboarding 101 [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 11:13:49 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

At the mention of fishing, Marshall laughed again. "Maybe we should have gone ice fishing instead today," he quipped, grin wide and cheeky. "But I bet I would have caught the biggest fish this time."[break][break]

Despite the joke, he led Lia up the slope again until they stood atop the hill. He paused there to check that her boots were securely strapped to the snowboard. Satisfied, he stood again and dusted the snow off the knees of his pants.[break][break]

"As you reach the bottom, remember to turn your board sideways so the nose isn't pointing down the hill. Then press back on your heels, or forward on your toes, to slow yourself until you stop."[break][break]

Marshall gave Lia's gloved hand a reassuring squeeze and smiled at her encouragingly. "You got this. I'll see you at the bottom."[break][break]

And then he was off, gliding down the hill with graceful ease.

NOTES

[newclass=".marshpost .marshpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshpost .marshposttext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]