awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 20:03:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A tragic graveyard of ice. Should one take a closer look at some of the eerie icicles littering this frozen grassland, they'd be able to faintly make out the silhouettes of Pokémon trapped inside. A very macabre rendition of "Who's that Pokémon?", if you will.

Having made it a fourth of the way through the Silent Icelands, Andrea sighed, a cloud of cold air leaving her mouth. She was wearing a fuzzy winter coat over her usual draconic outfit, yet she still felt a cold shiver down her spine merely from approaching the spot where Kyurem had manifested. It was the place where one of her dear friends had met an untimely end. Through the corner of her eye, she saw what looked like a Mega Salamence's crescent-shaped wing encased in the never-melt ice.

The dragon-hooded girl gasped sharply, choking back her tears. "I can't do it, Meatloaf... I'm sorry, I just can't... I can't bear seeing you like that!" She cried out, turning on her heel and running as far away from the horrid, frigid wasteland as she could.

However, ice physics begged to differ. Andrea slipped and fell on her rear, involuntarily ice-skating with her butt, until she crashed into a tree that had been frozen over. "Aieeee! That hurt." The girl whined in pain, rubbing her sore behind. Her Hydreigon burst out of his Pokéball and looked at her with worry.
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 21:06:09 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Disturbing reports had arrived at her office in the wake of the Meteno debacle. While everything hadn’t gone entirely according to plan, which was to be expected. What wasn’t to be expected was the sudden appearance of a creature known as Kyurem.

While it had disappeared not long after, a mere glimpse of its power had caused the creation of a permanently Frozen grassland, which people had taken to calling The Silent Iceland. It was this new area Elinor was flying over, on the back of her Salamence, Chang.

Another monster from beyond some veil safeguarding our reality…

The thoughts were plenty, but her fears were even more plentiful. It seemed when one obstacle on the path to Hoenn’s safety was removed another was quickly thrown in their path.

As she flew over the many frozen coffins, she spotted someone or something from high above. Ever curious she commanded her Salamence to descend, and as she did the person began to run or try at least.

By the time the Dragon and Elinor had landed, the person had involuntarily ice-skated into a tree.

“Are you all right?” She would ask as she hurried down, almost falling herself as landed on the icy ground. Luckily she had her Salamence to grab onto for that brief moment.

Luckily for her, even if she had fallen, her clothes protected her well enough from the cold. She was dressed in thick winter attire, a thick winter coat, appropriate pants, and complete with a mouth-covering mask, and flight-safe ski goggles. She’d be barely recognizable save for perhaps her voice if remembered that from their last run-in.

OOC: Mission thread for The Silent Icelands

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 10:42:59 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea blinked at the stranger who wore more layers than an onion. That decidedly feminine voice did sound familiar. "Elinor?!" She blurted out, still in shock. Chomper leaned closer, sniffing the young councilwoman with his draconic snout. The pseudo-legendary let out a happy growl, confirming that it really was her.

"I'm alright, I think..." The dragon-hooded girl replied as she got up, wincing in slight discomfort. Her eyes wandered to Elinor's partner: Another Salamence. "Oh... Hi there." She greeted the azure dragon in a wistful, almost melancholic manner. Even Chomper looked visibly, ever so slightly upset at his fellow Dragon type's familiar visage.

"So, uuh... Long time no see, huh?" Andrea locked eyes with Elinor, trying her best to mask her feelings. "What brings you here?" She asked curiously.
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 20:41:37 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

It seemed Andrea hadn’t forgotten her, and the Hydreigon confirmed it. “Yep, that’s me.” She replied.

Before she could even offer help, the dragon-hooded girl had begun getting up on her feet. It didn’t take long before her draconic companion was noticed by the pair. And the greeting it got was almost melancholic. Though she couldn’t know for certain, Elinor certainly noticed that something was off. Worry spread over her face, though it was hidden for the most part.

The Salamence gave it a goofy-growled greeting.

Andrea’s eyes returned to Elinor. Locked in a gaze the woman began to address the council-woman. “It’s been far too long indeed.”

She broke the gaze as she was about to answer Andrea’s question. Eyes moving from one frozen Pokémon to the other until it fell upon the crescent—moon-shaped Mega-Evolved Salamence not too far away… And for a brief moment, she sensed clarity within reach. Though she let it slip. There was no reason to dig.

“Well, I heard what happened here. And came to have a look, and pay my respects to the brave Pokémon that gave their lives in service to Hoenn.” A solemn look in her eyes. “What brings you here?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 15:11:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea visibly tensed up when Elinor mentioned the Pokémon that had lost their lives on that frigid battlefield. "That's nice. Me too... I'm here to pay respects." The girl replied with palpable trepidation, nervously fiddling with one of her locks of orange hair.

Elinor's cousin may or may not have made a passing mention about a certain PokéManiac and her shiny Hydreigon being present during the raid on 99943 METENO, but that was neither here nor there. One didn't require full information to figure out that something was weighing heavily on the poor girl.

"So... What exactly did you hear?" The draconic cosplayer hesitantly asked.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 20:49:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She noticed the visible tension. But figured it better not to remark upon it. Though the nervous fiddling with her hair and the choice of words suggested to her something grim. Something she hoped wasn’t true. Actually, she prayed that it wasn’t. Because deep down she knew it was true. And she didn’t need to talk with to know this.

But she wasn’t about to go snowboarding right into that unpleasant topic. She didn’t want to inadvertently cause Andrea the deal with the emotional turmoil that was sure to come from such an event.

“Much less than I would like. The reports I’ve been handed has been sparse on the details.” Elinor admitted. Understandably so given the state anyone present was sure to be in. She remembered back to how SHE had been doing after Necrozma. “But to summarize Giant Ice Monster appears and creates this…” She gestures towards the icy-hell-scape.

“Will admit. I have yet to speak with any eyewitnesses. Figured it best to give them a moment to deal with the experience.” A luxury they could only afford because of the frozen sacrifices.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 20:02:48 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Well, that was strange. How could reports have been lacking details, especially with so many important people involved in the incident? Was the League intentionally trying to cover it up? Thankfully, Andrea wasn't that big on conspiracy theories to go down that Bunnelby hole. That's not to say she didn't have anything to comment on...

"Monster is right! I refuse to believe that thing was a Pokémon! Even a feral Pokémon is still alive!" The draconic cosplayer chimed in, an uncharacteristic amount of spite and hurt poisoning her words. She blinked once, then twice, the reality of what she'd just uttered setting in. "A-at least that's what I've heard! N-not like I actually saw it or anything..." The girl sheepishly added, rubbing the back of her dragon-hooded head.

If Chomper had hands, he certainly would have facepalmed at his trainer's inability to tell a lie.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 19:24:33 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Andrea reacted rather aggressively to her wording, far to aggressively for someone who wasn't here. By now Elinor had already caught on.

Elinor took a few steps toward the dragon-cosplayer and tried to place a firm but reassuring hand on her shoulder. Her gaze intently turned to Andrea, hoping to meet with the woman's eyes. She recognized that anger, that pain and that spite. She felt those emotions every time she even thought about Necrozma, even now she felt it bubbling beneath her.

“Andrea, it is okay.” Elinor reassured. “I will not judge you for how you feel. What happened here was terrible. It is only natural to be angry at the monster that caused this.” Elinor spoke.

“I am sorry I couldn’t be here and do more.” Her words were lathed with honesty, even if the truth was that even had she been here there was naught she could have done in the face of such a monster. Another stone on the mountain of her failings to protect Hoenn. As always she promised herself to do better next time.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 20:40:54 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The hand that was firmly placed on her shoulder caused the dragon-costumed girl to momentarily flinch, meeting the other woman's eyes with a flustered, incredulous look. She hadn't even realized just how angry she was, until Elinor pointed it out. Being a ball of positivity herself, it was very rare for her to be overflowing with such negative emotions.

"I think I'm more angry at myself..." Andrea mumbled a barely audible admission of guilt, her bottom lip trembling. "I decided to get involved, instead of letting the Elite Four and the avatars handle things. I was so stupid thinking I could actually make a difference! All I did was hurt people!" She shouted, slapping her own head as a desperate form of self-punishment.

Her distraught gaze wandered once again to Elinor's Salamence, causing the dragon fanatic to choke back tears. "If I hadn't been so stupid, Meatloaf would... Meatloaf would still..." She finally broke down crying, hugging the young council member tightly. Nearby, Chomper also hung his three heads down, quietly mourning the loss of his brother in arms.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 10:31:32 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Andrea’s words brought grim memories to the forefront of her mind. She told herself that so many times. She had prayed that by joining the Council she could help prevent stories like these, and yet it seemed they continued to appear all the same.

But Elinor would do what she could.

Elinor embraced the draconic cosplayer as she choked back tears at the sight of the Salamence. It seemed the Pokémon she lost was also a Salamence.

“Andrea, don’t blame yourself. Your intentions were good.” Elinor began. “If you must blame something, blame the monster that caused all of this.” It was how Elinor had coped with her own loss.

Meanwhile Elinor’s Salamence moved to give Chomper a few reassuring dragon-pats. Hoping to ease the burden of guilt if only for a moment.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 18:10:59 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
This writer is still wracking his brain trying to visualize what a dragon-pat would look like. Whatever it actually was, Chomper gratefully accepted the gesture, feeling slightly better thanks to the emotional support provided by his fellow pseudo-legendary.

It took a lot more to get Andrea to stop crying her eyes out, every emotion she'd bottled up overflowing like an angsty tidal wave. After her tear ducts had been dried out, she looked up at Elinor with swollen eyes. "Thank you..." She mumbled, followed by a sniffle.

"All I can think of is making things right by Meatloaf." The dragon fanatic added. "Isn't there any way to undo the freezing? Surely the League must be working on a cure as their first priority!" She theorized, even though it was mostly wishful thinking on her part.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 16:57:38 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

A mumbled thank you, escaped Andrea. Elinor beamed an understanding smile. Having too much experience with the position that Andrea found herself in. It was hard not to want to smother the poor woman with empathetic care.

“Understandable.” Elinor gave Andrea a mild nod. For as much as Andrea seemed overwhelmed by emotions, she didn’t quite seem caught in the self destructive spiral that Elinor experienced at the beginning. The very same spiral that pushed her to pursue the heights of politics in Hoenn to make a difference.

But as Andrea continued, Elinor found her eyes gazing downward toward the ground, then toward the landscape. She could look anywhere but meet Andrea’s gaze. For she knew that what she was about to say would hurt.

While this was but a small taste of the inevitable HEAT DEATH that Kyurem offered, there were so many other threats out there that they simply couldn’t waste ressource on it. “Andrea. I wish I could tell you that thawing these victims is our first priority. But after the initial investigation concluded it impossible to break or thaw the ice, efforts have been moved to more pressing matters.”

“I am sorry. There are still people working on it. But it’s limited and so is their funding. Though I am sure they will happily accept volunteer helpers.”

Perhaps she said too much.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 19:41:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
She'd kind of expected that answer, but it didn't hurt any less to hear that the League had essentially given up on thawing the Glaciate victims. To hear that her grief was considered 'low priority' made her feel even more insignificant.

"Is this how the League does things?" Andrea's words were tinged with frustration and, for the first time, the faintest hint of contempt. "They give up if something's too hard for them, or they try to warp the problem away and make it someone else's problem?"

It wasn't like Andrea to get this political, and she quickly realized that, her eyes going downcast. "I'm sorry, Elinor... I'm sure you're doing your best." She apologized, her ears perking up at the mention of volunteer work. "Say, what exactly would those volunteer helpers do?" She asked, clearly intrigued.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 9:01:31 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor knew she couldn't SLEEP on the laurels of having saved Hoenn.

Still, as Andrea threw contempt filled accusations at her, she felt shame. Shame because she recognized those very same words as ones she had spewed during her campaign to ascend to the Council.

For a moment it became far too clear to her that her efforts so far had provided no more safety to Hoenn's citizens than there had been previously.

"No need to apologize, Andrea." Elinor's gaze was solemn. "You should expect no demand from us to do better." If the citizens did not, surely the League would fall to indolence.

As for the volunteer work. "I will admit I am not a person of science, so my knowledge on that would be limited. But I would assume it would be something like helping procure things for the experiments and such." Elinor spoke.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ice to Meet You [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 11:05:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea's eyes widened like a pair of disks. "I can do science-y stuff! I'm a great scientist!" She proclaimed, perhaps blowing her so-called scientific prowess just a tad out of proportion. She couldn't help it, though. She would do anything to help those poor Pokémon awaken from their frozen SLEEP.

Plus, doing volunteer work for the League's science team potentially meant spending more time with and Rayquaza, making this a win-win in her book.

An abnormally cold chill reminded the dragon enthusiast that this frigid environment was not fit for human beings. "Brrr... We should probably get going. Nothing good will come if we freeze too. It was nice seeing you, Elinor!" The eccentric cosplayer said with a bright smile, her signature cheerfulness and optimism having made a triumphant return.