Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 17:48:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Out on the outskirts of Ever Grade city, surrounded by white picket fence, a large annual gathering met. There, participants could take part in a list of activities ranging from horse back riding to roasting marshmallows over a cozy campfire.
[Break][break]
Penelope had heard the event only in passing. At first, she thought, thinking of December was luxury she had already forgoed. Forced to remain in the present, it wasn't until the meteor struck and the clock continued to tick forward did she finally allowed herself to think of winter festivities.
[Break][break]
Arm already in lock around Cian's arm, the woman with burnished hair led them forward.
[Break][break]
"Aw, look how cute! What do you wanna do first, hm?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
Festive flirts [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 18:09:54 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

the ongoings and events of ever grande have always been unknown to him which makes sense considering how he's not a native here. rustboro has their own fair share, some of which he's helped organize this year, but today he finds himself in ever grande with someone he had thought he'd lost for a moment.[break][break]

how lucky he is that she's still here. that they're both still here.[break][break]

it isn't until she asks him a question that he finally snaps out of his thoughts. he'd been basically gazing at her for a while.[break][break]

"oh! sorry, babe. i was just thinking about us."[break][break]

he closes the distance and plants a kiss on her cheek.[break][break]

"thanks for inviting me. let's do..." a quick look around, "ice skating?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-cubchoo color-shiny"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 7:45:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Arceus, he's so cute, she sighed to herself, eyes lighting up as he gave her a peck on the cheek.
[break][break]
"Sounds good."
[break][break]
Hand squeezing his bicep, she nodded and began leading them toward the left, where the ice rink sat between two large food stands. One for hot cocoa, the other for smores.
[break][break]
Pressed up against the rink was a long desk with a series of wooden cubies behind it, each one holding a pair of skates. It was there the couple swiftly ordered and paid for their respective sizes before taking them over to the benches, where they could swap out their shoes.
[break][break]
"Fair warning, I might need you to help me out a bit. It's been a while."
[break][break]
And even back then she wasn't the best.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 18:02:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i got you, babe. ice skating is just like running except you don't lift your feet."[break][break]

he's not a natural by any means but he's decent enough that he won't slip and fall every few seconds. he finishes switching over to the ice skates and stands up, offering his hand to help her after.[break][break]

"if that sounds confusing, just waddle."[break][break]

with a gentle tug and a smile, he leads them onto the ice.

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 3:57:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Sometimes Penelope adored her boyfriend's simple nature and sometimes, particularly when he was trying to explain something to her, she absolutely hated it.
[break][break]

"Uh-huh."
[break][break]

Clumsy hands lazily traded her pair of brown boots for some skates. Once they were on tight, she would give them one last stomp to secure her feet in place before reaching out to accept Cian's hand, using it to push herself up from the bench.
[break][break]

Slowly, they'd have to make their way over to the ice, because even the tiniest jolt of movement would've sent Penelope flying. When her skates eventually hit the ice, it came as a surprise that she didn't immediately find herself crashing to the ground.
[break][break]

"Okay, so far so good," She smiled, grip tight and expression focused. "...Maybe it is as easy as running."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 7:46:39 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yup! it is!"[break][break]

which is why cian lets go and slides away from her, making sure to do so backwards to show off his amazing ice skating skills. he loses his balance for a brief moment and falters but is otherwise quick to recover.[break][break]

"see? now your turn. run run run!"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 3:03:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Arceus.
[break][break]

Even if Cian made it look easy, from the very moment he let go of her, Penelope could feel her legs begin to wobble and her knees drift into a buckle.
[break][break]

"Okay..."
[break][break]

Frost nipped at her nose as she first pushed herself forward, 'running' just as he said. For a second, it felt like the movement clicked, and she was flying across the ice.
[break][break]

"I'm doing it!"
[break][break]

Then disaster.
[break][break]

With one slip of her right foot, the woman was sent tumbling to the ground, landing down on her hands, then her ass. Grunting, she threw her head back into a sigh.
[break][break]

"Ah, I thought I had it there," She mused, her eyebrows furrowing together into one singular line across her forehead. But, despite the redness of her knees and nose, a smile had begun to take shape across her face.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 7:31:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

is he a bad partner for laughing? perhaps. but even with that concern in mind, he laughs regardless, unable to stop himself when she slips and falls onto the ice.[break][break]

"you almost had it!"[break][break]

he slides over, drifting close before offering her his hand.[break][break]

"don't pull me down please."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 8:55:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Was he a bad partner for laughing? Nah, because Penelope was laughing too.
[break][break]

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."
[break][break]

For a second she contemplates pulling him down with her, as a little payback for laughing at her failure, but ultimately decided against it when he spoke up.
[break][break]

"Fine, but only because I like you."
[break][break]

Reaching up, she used his arm to leverage herself back to her feet. It took a second for her to regain her footing, and every time she did, she'd lose it immediately after.
[break][break]

"God, I don't know if I'll ever get it."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 15:10:49 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i wish i was a better teacher."[break][break]

sadly, he's not, so she's stuck having to listen to him ramble.[break][break]

"but, like, it shouldn't be too hard, i think! maybe try imagining you're an eiscue. most kids start learning by waddling, then transitioning into sliding."[break][break]

he makes a waddling gesture though doesn't actually do it yet.[break][break]

"maybe waddle?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 20:55:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Riiight. An eiscue."
[break][break]
Taking a steady indrawn breath, the woman known for her passion and fiery personality did her best to cool herself down, allowing the shuddering cold to kiss her outspan fingertips and widening shoulders. One step forward, then the other, the councilwoman was reduced to a baby eiscue looking to cross the ice.
[break][break]
"Like this?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 15:06:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yup! exactly like that."[break][break]

it'll probably take her about a minute before she reaches him given how slow she's waddling, so he crosses his arms over his chest and watches in amusement. the grin that appears on his face should be telling enough.[break][break]

"you look so cute right now."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:39:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Shut up...!"
[break][break]

Even while laughing at herself, Penelope sought to finish closing the gap between them. Sure, she probably looked dumb as hell. Sure, this probably wouldn't translate into the ice skating skills she desired. But she'd be damned before being considered some shitty quitter.
[break][break]

All it took was one final push for her to reach Cian, to which she immediately raised both of her hand above her head to cheer out a loud, singular, "Woohoo!"
[break][break]

Bright eyes looked up at Cian as she continued her celebrations.
[break][break]

"Okay, step one: completed. What's next?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 16:46:51 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"what! i called you cute! ugh."[break][break]

he laughs as well before reaching out to catch her, making sure she reaches him without even a single scratch on her like the good boyfriend he is.[break][break]

"woo! alright, alright, good job, babe."[break][break]

what's next?[break][break]

"i guess we could just link arms and romantically slide around."[break][break]

he hums in thought.[break][break]

"or do you wanna try a twirl?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HOT COCOA [IL]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 21:46:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The light which sparked within her eyes was immediate.
[break][break]

"Twirl. 100%," she nodded, brows furrowed and flaming eyes ignited by her sheer determination.
[break][break]

It was a scary thought going from waddling to the forbidden twirl, but with Cian at her side, anything felt doable. All she had to do was try.
[break][break]

"Okay okay okay, so what do I do first?"

[break][break]