684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 5:45:11 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the meteor had come and went, the remnants of that day pierced across the face of the earth. it sparkled with winter, now. she’d seen snow, but not like this.

it had been no time before stores were offering snowboards. nina jumped at the opportunity to try one out, reaching for her phone to text a friend as soon as she’d seen one. as her thumb hovered over danny’s contact, she remembered that time before the meteor. would things be weird?

deciding she didn’t care enough to pass up the opportunity to see who could surf on snow better, she’d texted anyways. after some planning, they’d wound up here, geared up and ready to tackle the new terrain.

nina grinned, a squeal of excitement coming from behind a pink balaclava. ”so pretty!”

with her snowboard in one hand, she reached for pokeballs with another. dewgong and walrein barked with joy at the sight, eliciting a laugh from their trainer as they bounded towards the edge of the slope to slide down on their bellies.

danny and nina, however, had to get strapped in first, and it was not as simple as a surfboard leash.

”have you ever done this before?”

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
seasons
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 11:35:27 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it really is!"[break][break]

it's such a change from the gloom that hung heavy just before the meteor arrived. it's a nice change, one he welcomes with open arms if it means getting to spend more time with her.[break][break]

unsurprisingly, he has thought about that night a lot.[break][break]

he finishes strapping up before shifting up to his knees, hopping over to her shortly after.[break][break]

"a few times when i was in galar! here, let me help."[break][break]

his hands move to help her strap in. it doesn't take him long before he's peering back up at her.[break][break]

"you should be all good now! you were great at surfing so you should be just as good with this."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mamoswine"]

[newclass=".danny"]--accent:#ada3ab; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 5:09:34 GMT
nina larson Avatar
galar. what had it been like in galar? a place with constant snow, and the icy tundra. she’d seen pictures of purple sky, the green waves of the aurora borealis. it all seemed more exciting than hoenn’s only ice cave. now, though, of course, hoenn was covered in ice and cold.

she peered down as he hopped over, glad he was so quick to help, because she was truly struggling with her mittens. ”oh, thanks.”

his compliment contributed to her grin, hidden by her mask. ”can’t be too different, right?” a joke, mostly, but there was a hint of true confidence in it.

she offered a hand to pull him up.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
seasons
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 17:40:33 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yup, yup! same thing, pretty much."[break][break]

the fundamentals are the same at least as both rely on balance and stability. he'd say surfing is probably more difficult just because wiping out is a lot more tiring.[break][break]

taking her hand, he gets back up to his feet, ready to start snowboarding. they're already at the top of the hill so all they need to do is pivot and go.[break][break]

he looks at her, excited as ever.[break][break]

"ready?"

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 23:37:25 GMT
nina larson Avatar
was it? she would find out.

”yeah!”

and without waiting for him, nina leaned into it. an initial cry of was followed by a laugh, and though a little wobbly, she was going—until she tried to look behind for him, and lost her balance, falling forward and into the cold blanket of white with a yelp.

her walrein and dewgong were alerted by her wipeout, both suddenly crossing the slope towards her, perhaps making oblivious obstacles of themselves.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
seasons
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 11:38:24 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

he's quick to lean forward, following after her as they begin their slide down the hill.[break][break]

it turns out that surfing and snowboarding are not quite the same thing. she falls forward, crashing into the snow, and while he normally would've been unable to slow down in time, the obstacles of her chunky pokemon allow him to come to an equally crashing halt.[break][break]

he bumps into her walrein, flipping over it and into the snow.[break][break]

his mamoswine's ANCIENT POWER helps lift him back up.[break][break]

"nina?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 7:04:07 GMT
nina larson Avatar
walrein barked at danny in protest, not stopping to check on him on its way to nina.

”i’m good!” she called, a hand raised, but she continued to lie there on the ground, until she realized her suit was getting a little bit colder. peeling herself up again, she got back onto her feet with the help of her blubbery rescuer.

”kinda like surfing, i guess.” she decided. ”i shouldn’t have looked behind me.” no obstacles did not mean no crashes. she was her own obstacle.

”race you!”

she went for it again, intent on making it to the bottom of the hill.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 10:57:42 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

well, she's definitely okay, so his worries fade very quickly fade away.[break][break]

"kinda! you're really good at this, too. well, before you crashed, at least, but wiping out is normal!"[break][break]

before he can exchange more words, she's off, speeding down the rest of the hill as they start their race.[break][break]

"shit—come on, pilo! hurry up!"[break][break]

he hops, then uses the momentum to start sliding down again. his mamoswine sticks close behind, pretty much sliding down on its belly.[break][break]

who will reach the base of the hill first?

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 10:07:04 GMT
nina larson Avatar
walrein and dewgong slid after the mamoswine playfully, not caring if they lost the race. meanwhile, nina had nearly made it to the bottom of the hill, and now realized something.

”how do i stop?!”

too late to learn that way. really, there we multiple methods, one of which was running into something. she narrowly managed to evade a couple of trees before eventually slowing to a stop, hands going to her knees as she slumped with shock and relief.

after a moment, she raised again, looking for danny.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 10:18:30 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you gotta sorta turn your feet and catch your weight!"[break][break]

it's much harder to explain than he realizes. it's easier to show her but he can't catch up in time and it's by some miracle that she avoids smashing into a couple of trees. he's relieved, to say the least.[break][break]

eventually, he slides to a stop next to her, then reaches out to grab her shoulders to help stabilize himself.[break][break]

"woo! that was fun, huh?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 4:33:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”yeah, it’s really fun! although, now we have to walk all the way back up the hill.”

she eyed towards the top. the trek was surely a little more treacherous in all the snow and ice.

”maybe if it stays like this, we’ll get ski lifts.” to be so high up looked exhilarating in photos and on tv, albeit a bit spooky. maybe one day, experiencing it would be a perk of their post-glaciate ice age.

as she began unbuckling from her board, she had an idea.

”actually…”

rising up again, her hand reached to grab for her gyarados’ ball, releasing it onto the snow. she climbed on and waited for danny to join her, grinning underneath her mask. ”who needs a ski lift?” not anyone with a giant flying water serpent.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 10:31:02 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

he unbuckles himself from his board.[break][break]

"ski lifts would be really nice."[break][break]

because walking all the way up the hill sounds like a monumental task, especially with how every step sinks into the snow. too tiring for him, really, but he also doesn't want this day to come to an end yet. thankfully, she comes up with a solution.[break][break]

"well, that solves our problem."[break][break]

grinning as well, he recalls his mamoswine before climbing up to join her. he settles behind her, stable and ready.[break][break]

"let's race again this time. best two out of three?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 6:00:14 GMT
nina larson Avatar
they rode up to the top of the hill, surely a sight for anyone else close enough to witness them. the rest of her pokemon did their best to follow, their barks fading at the rear as the not-dragon made its way to the top easily.

nina looked over her shoulder, thankful that danny couldn’t see the soft blush tinting her cheeks behind her mask. to be close to him now felt different than before that night. she looked ahead again, feeling inner conflict. his suggestion was a welcome distraction, and exciting competition.

”okay! you’re on. loser buys hot chocolate.”

and so they would soon find themselves at the top again, buckled in and ready to risk their lives once more.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 14:35:14 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"deal."[break][break]

he finds that there isn't really a losing situation here. more of a win-win.[break][break]

it takes his mamoswine far too long and far too much effort to make it back up to the top. when it finally reaches, it's out of breath, panting as though it had just run a marathon.[break][break]

"take it easy, big guy."[break][break]

he chuckles as he pats his mamoswine before moving to buckle in.[break][break]

"okay! let's go in three, two, one..."[break][break]

and he's off, tilting forward before sliding down the hill. his only goal this time is to be faster than her.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
684 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
seasons
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 21:09:39 GMT
nina larson Avatar
gyarados soon arrived at the top, its tail creating long lines in the snow as they landed there. it was left out, a looming, glaring observer. eventually, both the walrein and dewgong made it to the top of the hill as well, alongside danny’s panting mamoswine.

”aw. he looks so tired.” definitely had gotten his exercise for the day.

nina buckled her feet back into her board, soon readying with him at the edge of the slope. on his mark, she went for it, gunning down the hill. she should have probably been more cautious this time around, with all the trees ahead, but she leaned into it anyways.

5HPyCEt0