Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Best Friends Forever Club [S]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 6:17:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Day . . . whenever of his hospitalization. Okay, so Isaac hadn't completely lost track of the days. But he had stopped counting out of spite. He was bored. This was boring him. If he had to wake up in a hospital bed one more time he was going to scream.[break][break]

He knew that his life was going to change forever. He knew that he was going to have to put in a lot of work and effort to bring his hand-eye coordination back to a fraction of its former potential. He knew that hobbies like motorcycle riding, new talents like Pokemon racing, and far-flung goals like acting were things of the past. He knew that it'd be a while before he could return to work, both at the Howling and on his missions.[break][break]

He hated it. He hated every moment of it. He wanted nothing more than to fast forward to the end, but he knew that would only make it worse. Trying to sleep through it all made him antsy. Trying to stay awake only highlighted the mind-numbing nature of recovery. He'd be tempted to make a break for it and do some healing out in nature, but after pulling that check-in stunt, he knew an orderly would be waiting outside of the door to powerbomb him back into place.[break][break]

That meant stale air, harsh fluorescent lights, and Monday Mystery Mush. Why didn't just kill him when he had the chance?[break][break]

If there was one nice thing about this whole disaster, though, it was that it reminded Isaac why he was still here. He'd actually had a surprising amount of visitors so far, and plenty of others writing in to check on him. It was nice. It made him feel like, despite everything, that he was making a difference. That he had people who cared about him. Not just a little core group of close friends and loved ones, but a surprising amount of people whose journeys he had brushed up against and intersected with.[break][break]

Were that to be where his impact on the world began and ended, maybe he could live with that.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 7:59:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

the aftermath of both littleroot and mt. pyre brings with them all sorts of responsibilities. paperwork piled upon paperwork as he is forced to sift through all the rocket reports of the event. people who have reported the disappearance of — his insides twist at the thought — or the appearance of black-list men such as .

[break][break] palkia. dialga. rayquaza. chef quanto. father winter.

[break][break] the words on the page are endless, and if he didn't have and the other admins to split the work with, it would've consumed him entirely.

[break][break] it's why he has decided to take breaks like this to visit the members that are still in recovery. part of him wants to visit fern, but it would be a waste considering that he is more than keenly aware of the other's injuries and how they are developing. it's people such as that he is less than sure about, a grunt who's experience at mt. pyre were way less detailed than he expected.

[break][break] the cold, stale air of the hospital fills his lungs as he steps through it's hallways. jayden wears a long black coat and scarf hung loosely around his neck, gloved hands wrapped around a bag of baked goods that helped him pack the night before.

[break][break] as he approaches the room, he knocks twice for courtesy before stepping in.

[break][break] "," he says.

[break][break] even his experience in kanto didn't quite prepare him for this. for the site of , and his lone eye clawed out unforgivingly. bile rises in his throat at the sight — he vowed that he would get the league back for this, no matter the cost.

[break][break] luckily for jayden, he was well-practiced in the art of looking impassive. he crosses the threshold of the room as he does so, pulling out a small cardboard box and placing it on the tray-table. he unfolds it, revealing the smell of various cookies — chocolate fudge, sugar cookie, and red velvet.

[break][break] "i baked these yesterday."

[break][break] isaac would see nothing abnormal about the admin, as most of his wounds were hidden beneath his coat and sweater, with the exception of his bandaged fingers and the gauze wrapped around his cheek, purple bruises blooming where pale skin used to be.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { margin-top:-30px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 21:03:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Yeah. No. Today sucked. This situation sucked. He was tired of this. He was going to sleep.[break][break]

A sensation wormed its way through the darkness. It wasn't the sound of hospital affairs, which by now he'd done an impressive job of blotting out of his mind. It wasn't the feeling of someone poking and prodding him in his sleep, probably to bug him more about shit like "diagnostics" and "vital signs" and "making sure the surgery went well."[break][break]

No. It was a smell. A smell of deep chocolate and lightly roasted sugar and war, freshly baked dough. He sniffed again and again, as if trying to gauge whether they were reality or the daydream of his tormented mind. But, nope? These were the genuine article. An angel had descended from the heavens to visit Isaac, and its name was cookies.[break][break]

In a move taken right out of The Undertaker's book, Isaac slowly rose into a sitting position. A single eyelid creaked open, a bleary eye fighting for focus underneath. "Cooooooooooookies," he groaned, voice as raspy as a zombie crawling out from his grave.[break][break]

Then, his body spasmed. You know that feeling when you're half-asleep, and your body reminds you "hey, buddy, you're supposed to be awake right now?" So your body snaps right out of sleep, shuddering into place like some kind of broken toy? Yeah. That was exactly what happened to Isaac. He looked around, dazed and confused, as if trying to figure out where he even was.[break][break]

Oh. Hey. It was cookies! And Jayden was with them. Isaac smiled as his brain cells finished warming up. "Oh. Hey, Jay," Isaac said. He was awfully bundled up. Was it really that cold in this hospital? He didn't feel too bad, but he was also cocooned inside of a hospital bed right now. So he might not have been a great judge. "Thank goodness you're here. I think I was about to start devouring those in my sleep."[break][break]

God, they looked so good. "Wait. You baked these? Shit, man. I owe you, big time."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 21:14:07 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

jay.

[break][break] his expression inexplicably tightens, locking up in the most microscopic of ways. the discomfort he feels, however, is a full-body experience. the only person in rocket who is able to call him that name so casually without facing the repercussions of it was .

[break][break] and then, there was , but he was dead. or at least that version of chu-e was.

[break][break] "jayden is fine," he says stiffly. "or admin cross."

[break][break] while there were certainly many in the organization that didn't care much for formalities — likely among them — the same was not said for jayden.

[break][break] but there was a time for discipline, and a time for letting things go, and today jayden decided on the latter. he turns around, using the moment to smooth his expression over as he slips the scarf from his neck and places it on a nearby chair. he unbuttons his coat as well, but doesn't take it off just yet.

[break][break] "but yes, i did. hopefully you enjoy them. i wasn't sure which flavor you would have liked." and there it is again - expression a bit softer, as he regards . this time it is of the ordinary affection that he would treat any other fellow rocket — a member of the family that he has so craftily created.

[break][break] "how are you doing?"

[break][break] his polteageist floats out from behind him, just as he grabs two empty paper cups from the tray table, and soon enough, hot tea is being poured into them.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { margin-top:-30px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 21:32:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. Oops. As Jayden's face took a turn for the rigid, and his voice stiffened up like ice, Isaac realized he'd crossed an invisible line. Isaac winced the slightest bit, if only out of guilt. Nevertheless, his voice was warm as he spoke. It was Jayden's . . . whatever this was, not his pity party. "Gotcha. Jayden it is."[break][break]

It was the least he could do in response to such thoughtfulness. "Realtalk? I'm a variety guy, through and through," Isaac said. "So you made the perfect choice. Or, er. Not choice, I guess." Note to self; now that the holidays were rolling around, find a way to repay the favor.[break][break]

How was he doing? The answer was practically written on his face. In fact, it was such an obvious question that even being asked had been a jolt to Isaac's system. "Horrible! Thank you for asking," he teased, a small smile spreading across his face. Maybe it was from the surprise. Maybe it was from appreciation over the care he was being shown. Or maybe he was just really easy to bribe with cookies.[break][break]

"This helps, though. So . . . thanks. Seriously."[break][break]

Tea, too. He was being spoiled today. And all before his gracious guest could even take his coat off. He unbuttoned it and de-scarfed, but the jacket stayed on. Man, he really must not have been used to this cold snap, huh? "And how've you been holding up?" Isaac asked, figuring he'd repay this generosity in the one way he knew how.[break][break]

He sure hoped Jayden's answer would be better than his own.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 21:49:32 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"no need to thank me."

[break][break] he was always happy to visit other rockets, especially ones that were hospitalized, but it made it better than it was one that he was a tad more familiar with. less awkward — well, except for that slight misstep.

[break][break] the cheerful 'horrible!' that was returned could only be explained as one of those isaac-isms, not that jayden expected any different. of all the recruits in rocket, isaac was one of the most spirited — which made this entire situation all that worse.

[break][break] "i'm glad to see you in one piece," he says, as he grabs a cup of warmed tea and bring it to his lips. "i'm sure your wounds will heal in a matter of no time." after all, their teams were state-of-the-art.

[break][break] "i'm fine," he says. "nothing compares to kanto, but this is relatively close." at the very least, being kicked in the face by a legendary was — "though, some days, i feel like i've been kicked in the face by a horse."

[break][break] which — technically — he was.

[break][break] "i read your report, but i also came to visit just in case there was anything else you wanted to add to it. how was the league?"

[break][break] a flash of disdain flashes over his face.

[break][break] "other than your eye, hopefully they didn't give you too much trouble?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 22:46:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Course there is! You did something thoughtful, right?"[break][break]

Mr. "Don't Call Me A Good Person, I Hate That Shit" completely failed to realize the irony of the situation. Still, with how much everyone had been through, Isaac felt it was all the more important to show the little things the appreciation they deserved. Especially when the idea of big things being done for him was all too intimidating.[break][break]

One piece. Ha. That was another good one. "I mean, if we're rounding up," he teased, but his mirth was starting to ebb away. "I . . . they weren't able to save it. My eye. There's nothing left under those bandages, and I'm just gonna have to start dealing with it."[break][break]

That said, he wasn't about to cast clouds over tea and cookies. "Rest of me should be all good, though! Lotta cuts and bruises, and my ankle's gonna need some time to recover. But, compared to what some of the others had to deal with? I got off on the easier side."[break][break]

After all, he really hadn't gotten into a lot of fights! He and practically joined forces. He and talked out their differences not once but twice. And his battle with , outside of some tactical ankle-sawing action, had been fought at a distance. Compared to the brawlier Rockets getting thrown around, he was relatively untouched.[break][break]

"Honestly? They were . . . different than I expected," Isaac admitted. "For all the posturing and threatening, they really weren't a unified front. And a lot of them held back more than I expected. Which is weird! It isn't like I encountered a bunch of no-names and conscripts. I faced off with a lot of big, important names. And of all of them, only a councilwoman's bodyguard actually seemed to be following the League's orders."[break][break]

Not that Isaac was complaining. 's disregard of that kill on sight order was the difference between him being here and him being a bucket of KFC.[break][break]

"Maybe the head honchos were too buys with chasing their own goals." sure was. "Maybe I just lucked out." In some ways, Isaac had. In others, he hadn't. "Or maybe Father Winters showed up before the other shoe could drop."[break][break]

"Whenever things did heat up, though, my team had my back. They rose to the challenge no matter who was in our way."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 5:51:15 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

he frowns.

[break][break] it wasn't anything that he didn't know. he had read the reports, had looked into the status of 's case, yet it was still just as sad to see one of their agents fallen.

[break][break] "we'll get them back," he says, with a conviction and clarity that can only be given from a man such as jayden cross. a loyalist through and through, his gaze gleams with determination and a tinge of bitterness. "i'll take one of their eyes and give it back to you, merlo."

[break][break] as spins the story about his interactions with the league, he commits it to memory. the league was not a unified front. it was not information he wasn't already aware of, but he was glad to hear that even the grunts could see it for themselves. it was why rocket needed to save hoenn, why they needed to do everything that the league could not. if this one interaction did not speak for isaac, he was sure any new ones would.

[break][break] "i'm glad to hear that, merlo. rocket will always have your back," he says with a finalized nod. "if you need anything, let me know."

[break][break] he reaches into the box and pulls out a cookie for himself to inspect it.

[break][break] "is there anything else you would like to report? or ask?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 10:18:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Shades, DRIP, minus mask, minus hat
There was one thing to report. When the door opens with a creak, a conversation is had. Ashley walks in with his sling, his right arm within the brace as the nurse next to him states something that goes by unheard by Ashley. Because he's staring. No, staring is too kind. He's violently surmising the situation; that is to say, whatever situation there is for Jayden to be back in his fucking life.

The nurse closes the door behind him, and wordlessly, Ashley walks back to his bed, struggling the exact amount to get back into the bed, enough to look like a Scrooge when he curses.

When the blanket gets back over him, all he can do is stare daggers at the bastard. Isaac, he's fine. Jayden was the problem, and a hole in his Slowpoke was the only thing he was capable of. Hurting other people. That's what Ashley firmly believed.

Even though he himself started it. He might even be the origin as to why. He doesn't like that thought. He quickly compartmentalizes it and hisses a curse.

"The fuck are you doing here?"

It's obvious. Cookies. Damn, that sounds better than hospital food, but no amount of cookies would ever let him forget this grudge. Not even a little. Liquid diet or bust.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 18:26:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]An eye for an eye. The League, deciding this dismemberment was an act of unprompted aggression by Rocket, would demand their own retribution. It'd likely be grievous overkill, as the League excelled at, making Rocket double down and strike back all the harder. They'd rip and they'd tear like two wild beasts until the whole region was blind.[break][break]

Isaac never wanted any of this. But was there any walking back from this new path?[break][break]

"Long as that bodyguard gets what's coming to him, I'm good." If revenge had to be directed somewhere, may it at least be directed to someone he could muster up some proper hatred towards. "Thanks again for checking in on me, Jayden."[break][break]

Speaking of hatred, enter Ashley.[break][break]

Seeing the storm about to brew, Isaac let that last "Jayden" melt into a yawn. His good eye fluttered closed, clearly taking the poor, injured man all of his power just to stay awake. Could anyone blame him? He'd been through so much! And this bed was so . . . comfortable? There was no way he could resist sleep's siren song.[break][break]

Honk, mimimimimi. Honk, mimimimimi.[break][break]

Genius disengage. Someone get this man an Oscar.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / +

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 6:21:01 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"that bodyguard? give me a name, and i will —"

[break][break] his words are cut off as multiple events happen simultaneously. someone steps into the room, falls suddenly and deeply into SLEEP, and jayden finds his violet gaze cutting straight to the pale-faced boy that had left him in kanto years ago.

[break][break] the one that he had left at the top of a lighthouse tower, barely breathing.

[break][break] his best friend. or ex-best friend.

[break][break] "ash."

[break][break] the frighteningly cold and maybe even-violent look in 's eyes was brushed away in favor of his disrespectful tone, which made jayden narrow his eyes. the admin might have taken words against it, had they not been in a public place.

[break][break] "i came to visit isaac," he said, plainly. "i've been visiting all the grunts in my spare time." his eyes shift towards the other as he stands up, bringing the box of sweet-smelling cookies towards him.

[break][break] "would you like one?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 8:04:27 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ashley's stomach growls. Loudly. A long, hard day in physical therapy attempting to gain normal function in his right arm has Ashley hungrier than he thought, and liquids and the like weren't foods he wanted to ingest. Frankly, despite how unhealthy a cookie was, it was like a monkey's paw. Saying yes, means he loses out on his spite, wishing Jayden would go play hopscotch in the street.

... and then he remembers he's hungry. His stomach growls again. And without even a word of thanks, he swipes a chocolate fudge cookie with his left hand, placing a part of it in his mouth, and lays back defeated.

Damn him and actually making better food than a hospital.

With a bite taken, he takes a bit into his mouth, and realizes quickly how much he loves getting food delivered. and were truly amazing, and Jayden, well... he scowls. He's still bitter. "Aren't you a good little boy scout." It's definitely sarcasm, to such a poisonous degree that Ashley half doesn't realize he's saying it. He's so bitter, it just comes out an extra coating of abhorrence to his former best friend.

"... murderer." He practically hisses it out with a full mouth, too quiet to be heard to anyone but himself. With another bite, he swallows down his own hypocrisy in the form of chocolatey fudge. Dammit it tasted good.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 8:30:06 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

jayden blinks as the other takes his offered treat, even satisfied in the fact that the other had taken it. it always pleased jayden when others ate his creations; he watched in curiosity as nibbled on said treat, trying to discern his expression, before he decides to step back.

[break][break] before he can do so, however, a mutter escapes the other's lips:

[break][break] 'murderer.'

[break][break] huh. what a strange thing for him to say. weren't they all murderers? he and especially. considering their upbringing, where they came from.

[break][break] the sordid history that lay between them.

[break][break] he glanced briefly towards , who seemed to be snoozing peacefully, before he decided to walk over to the other. he'd read their reports, of course, but it was always good to get the information first hand.

[break][break] "how are your injuries?" he asks politely.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 4:50:15 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Jayden acts like he gives a shit, and Ashley isn't about to indulge. He's quick to respond. "Fine." Even as he says it, it's bittersweet. After the lighthouse incident, he had sworn never to talk to Jayden again, but here they were, actually talking to each other again. Like Sushi was never a casualty.

Hypocrisy isn't lost on him either. Kanto Rocket runs red with blood, and neither of them could escape. Be it learning from their mentor, or leaving Kanto to the dogs, no matter it was they were both just as bad. No matter how high the horse was, for Ash, he was no better.

Well, there was one thing he had over Jayden. His moral compass.

"How's your shoulder?"

Why... did he ask that? He doesn't mean one from the lighthouse. But the one he gave Jayden when Ashley deserted the first time. Why did he care?

That's the thing about former best friends. You never truly stop giving a shit. Or maybe its his moral compass biting him in the ass now. Either way, he curses under his breath.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 22:21:24 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

when jayden had first heard that had recruited back into rocket, he'd felt a mixture of emotions - chief among them that he wanted to see his old friend again. but he hadn't. because work had taken precedent, and because he couldn't give into his selfish desires.

[break][break] so even at the bitter way treats him, jayden can't help but feel relief to see his friend all in one piece.

[break][break] had told him that some people had died at mt. pyre.

[break][break] jayden was glad to see that his childhood friend was not among them.

[break][break] "my shoulder?"

[break][break] a pause.

[break][break] "ah. it's fine."

[break][break] he reaches back to his shoulder, thumbing the old injury. where ashley had stabbed him in the shoulder, betrayed him in the worst of ways.

[break][break] he glances at him.

[break][break] "i'm glad to see you're back."

[break][break] back in rocket? back in one piece? back from mt. pyre?

[attr="class","ooc"]