fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
ARIA [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 16:51:20 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
"D-do I know you?"

The masked woman had asked, slightly hesitant yet still accepting of his request.

You don’t, no.” Gideon replied in an amused tone, grasping her hand gently as she laid it in his. “But I suppose that’s the fun of a masquerade.

And they were off. Just as he’d performed in his previous dance, demonstrated a layman’s level of proficiency in terms of style and grace. He could execute the routines of the waltz with clinical accuracy - void of errors, to be sure, but also of pizazz and an inherent joie de vivre one might expect from a dance partner. Still, what he lacked in the dance department, perhaps he could make up for in conversation.

Quite the beautiful choice of mask,” He began, his umber gaze trailing from the green lattice to the tip of the adorning feather - which looked as if it had been plucked from the wing of HO-OH itself. Being the bird nerd that he was, Gideon appraised it with a critical eye, deciding that it was likely real, but perhaps dyed for a vibrant effect. It was at odds with his own mask: a blank slate of pale silver with no patterns or embellishments.
suit check + mask
mission: MERRY MASQUERADE
(repeat)

close tab

played by

lucina

Zelle
She / Her
~22
August 17
Hammerlocke, Galar
Unknown
Interpol
Officer
I am not a creature that was born. I am a fire that was set.
awards
34 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zelle
Giselle Sigebrand
ARIA [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 22:21:27 GMT
Giselle Sigebrand Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest1"]
[attr="class","gunstest1text"]

So she didn't know him. Zelle glanced away at the realization of her own paranoid assumption, assuming that he had recognized her.
[break][break]
The man's grip was reassuringly firm and warm as he grasped her hand in his, leading her onto the dance floor. She followed wordlessly, brow furrowed over her icy-blue eyes as she met his gaze, ready to meet this challenge.
[break][break]
In spite of the warmth and humanness of his grip, his dancing was lesson-perfect, almost mechanical, and Zelle found herself settling into the rhythm of it all. The dancing classes that had been drilled into her, lesson after lesson, flared to life as she followed his lead with fluid motions, silver-sequined shoes peeking out briefly from beneath the fluttery hem of her emerald gown. Their dance rose and fell with the graceful predictability of the moon pulling the ocean waves; there was comfort to be found in that, amid the unfamiliarity and mystery of a masquerade.
[break][break]
"Thank you," she said, momentarily releasing his shoulder to touch her mask's brilliant green plumage, her gaze downcast in brief thought. She clutched at his shoulder again and said, "I... someone recommended it to me. I'm not the most fashion-aware."
[break][break]
Her mouth quirked to the side in a half-smile. "Even so, I can tell your suit looks pretty dashing to me." The clumsy compliment fell from her lips, and she took a deep breath, collecting herself.
[break][break]
"A masquerade is a pretty exciting event," she said. "Did you think you'd ever attend one of these in your lifetime?"

[break]

[attr="class","gunstest1ooc"][break]

NOTES

+ Outfit: Dress, Mask, and Hair[break]
+ Mission: Merry Masquerade

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunstest1]--accent:#A74A74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunstest1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1text b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1text a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1text i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1text u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1ooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1ooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1ooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1ooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1ooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .gunstest1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
ARIA [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 21:31:30 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
"You could have fooled me. Your ensemble looks exquisite. Then again, I'm a sucker for greens." It was one of his favorite colors, reminiscent of a calm summer forest. "Thank you, though. My brother suggested the blue, actually. I think he picked well."

had quite the unexpected eye for fashion, a talent that both Graves brothers shared.

"Did you think you'd ever attend one of these in your lifetime?"

"It's not something I would have necessarily gone out of my way to attend," At heart, Gideon was most comfortable in his lab or out in the wilds doing fieldwork. The politics that came with hosting an event like the Winter Masquerade at his museum were not particularly to his liking, but an understandable tolerance. Most science couldn't be done without money.

"But I'm actually enjoying myself more than I thought I would. The anonymity of it all adds to the excitement, to be sure."

From the corner of his eye Gideon saw another couple approaching, oblivious to how their dancing took space from other partners. They were just about to run into 's, in fact, but the director steered her away just in time.

"And yourself? Does the dancing and the music and the grandeur suit someone like you?"
suit check + mask
mission: MERRY MASQUERADE
(repeat)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ARIA [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 3:06:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: