Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the light that burns twice as bright
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 10:12:52 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"The Commissioner will see you now Callan." "Ah, thank you."

It was right. It was wrong. I don't care. Maybe it's better if you told them. This is career suicide. It's Adrian's fault, not Teravolt's. You shouldn't bear the brunt of his decisions. Think of your daughter. Think of the millions of fans across the globe. Think of yourself.

Thoughts swirled through Callan like a maelstrom, a riptide of emotions churning inside the ship of his conscience, tossing him one way against the other. And even though the walkway towards Dahlia's office was a pristine, single hallway was a minimalist, tasteful hallway, Callan felt as though he were fighting the cold winds of Helheim, the ghosts of his thoughts and fears pelting him backwards as he advanced.

Ding.

He swung open the door to the Commissioner's office. "Hello." Callan greeted, peeking his head through and catching her eye, as he stepped into Dahlia's office. His smile betrayed little of the gut wrenching inner turmoil. There's still time to say nothing. Part of him pleaded. The fresh faced government official closed the door behind him.

"How're things going Dahlia? I hope this isn't a bad time."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 23:07:16 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

callan challenges churlish cyclones while dahlia works swiftly to pick up chipped pots and torn strips of daily papers. the mess is ceaseless—though she understands that is the nature of things.[break][break]

when the star enters her office, dahlia does dare discern anything past the handsome face. in the corner, her stoutland sleeps. too tired to scrutinize.[break][break]

she'll let purpose of this congress spell itself from callan's lips.[break][break]

"no! not a bad time." dahlia says as the door closes. "if not now, when?"[break][break]

the austerity of pre-meteno has faded some, rendering the angles of her shoulders soft.[break][break]

"i have to thank you for your service on mt. pyre." she says.[break][break]

"i knew we made the right choice in you as our newest elite four."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon stoutland"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 2:10:48 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan chuckles, "For sure, we should have a gathering to celebrate sometime. Kantonian hotpot sounds good right about now."

The rock star enters the room, taking a look at the surrounding chaos. Planned chaos. The clippings were likely of modern events, somehow the newly fledged Elite Four doubted that she would be truly free any time soon.

Given that Dahlia was already cleaning the room, Callan takes also begins to help with her tidy up. He removes the clippings that would reasonably no longer hold any problems for her, scrunches them and puts them in the bin.

'Meteor plan bound to fail.' 'Commissioner under fire for controversial management'. 'New Elite Four a laughingstock.' Callan pauses, and leaves the last one on the floor, that was still on jury.

Still, the edges of her face have softened, and she definitely looked much younger now than she did when he saw her on stage in Splashfest. Her voice less cutting than during the recordings of the third AQUA Assembly,

"I appreciate the chance you've taken on me." Callan responds, "I'll do what I can, I imagine it's only a matter of time before the rest of the world shares your view." He smiles. Now for the hard part.

"Actually I've come to you because of two important items, both of which are related, and one of which is a conflict of interest between my two careers." Callan's thumbs roll against each other underneath the desk, " is a member of Team Rocket." He finally says. "He's also the avatar of Yveltal. Which means my band has terrorist ties, and if news breaks out to the public, that means I'm implicated as well."

"I'd like to come to you to see what you think the best option is for the League. At present, I plan on disbanding Teravolt and announcing it to the news before the tabloids accuse the League of withholding information."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 9:35:31 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the reveal comes like a flash frost. the first frigid brine upon the ribs of jetsam, but it's quick to find warmer waters.[break][break]

she has to. for callan. for herself-but dahlia has become more acclimated to the temperature of traitorous turns. surprise reveals. though, this carries the stone weight of being yveltal's bandit.[break][break]

"i'm so sorry callan." dahlia manages to eke. "it's unfair that another's misguided actions are jeopardizing your career."[break][break]

she hums to herself. note solemn and anchored in the slight croakiness despondency.[break][break]

"if you were to disband Teravolt, what would become of you?"[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 14:53:21 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Thank you," Callan replied, nodding, "You're very kind." Callan contemplates elaborating further for a moment, but decides that Dahlia most likely was using the time to think of what to do.

He responds when she finally asks: "I will be okay, there will be some difficulty but I've survived worse. The hardest are the severances." Callan's eyes flit to the windows, he didn't want to think about the fact that he'd essentially be laying off the bandmates, his manager, publicist and the countless members which made Teravolt possible as a result of this. But they understood the reasons why.

But that was for him to deal with. "A draft that has been prepared by my publicist to send to Rita from HNN. I think coming from a neutral source would be best. I can send it to you, if you like." Callan pauses, "The alternative is to wait it out and hope this blows over while we don't announce Adrian's ties to Team Rocket. But given the scrutiny we're currently under, I'm sure something is going to pick up in the future about it."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 4:14:49 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

of course callan had survived worse. endured more than most. underneath the overlaid shadow of meteoroid and rocket, underneath the weight of public opinion and music critic, no cracks have formed.[break][break]

outwardly, at least. outwardly to her.[break][break]

"we should take control of the narrative while we can, callan." the commissioner says. "aggressively. the league can release an official statement too."[break][break]

dahlia shakes her head. her neat gold hairs stray from their set shape.[break][break]

"i imagine you haven't been able to talk to adrian since." the commissioner says. "the next time you see him may very well be on the battlefield."[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 7:53:44 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
A moment of silence passes after Dahlia's acceptance of his proposal. A small tilt, a suggestion of a nod, comes from Callan. "Of course." He replies. The wheel was now in motion, and so he would have to prepare for what comes next.

Callan straightens up slightly, reaching into his front pocket, "I umm," the rock star reaches into his pocket, hesitates, then pulls out his hand and clasps them together, "I think it may be worth considering recruiting him, and others from Rocket. I think, quite frankly, that many Rockets join in to play-pretend and don't realize the issues they step into." Callan began. "Perhaps, with certain individuals that have significant power, it may be worth considering granting them amnesty."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 2:18:41 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh callan."[break][break]

dahlia's voice is airy. almost a sigh, but not quite, as if thinned to the slightest suggestion of an inhale to prevent offense.[break][break]

though she is commissioner, she can not help but stumble upon the slightest twinge of awkwardness. like 's, 's stardom grants an invisible film of leniency though dahlia may not detect such a process.[break][break]

"though i'm one to vouch for amnesty when it calls for it, the court of public opinion may crucify us for not adopting a firm, punitive stance..." [break][break]

the commissioner says.[break][break]

"play-pretend or not, these trainers are criminals. the ones with significant power and consequently, more agency, are more guilty... don't you think?"[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 9:58:26 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I understand, and I'm not asking just as an agenda to help off the hook. I think that the... proportionality of benefits from granting conditional amnesty can be very beneficial for the Region." Callan places a hand on the table for support as he speaks, "Not general amnesty, but for Avatars, for high-ranking officials, for members of Team Rocket who have information worth sharing."

Callan's thumb gently runs against his index finger, his eyes transfix on her as he leans towards her desk, "That includes sure, but also . They are both avatars, they both have important information pertaining to Team Rocket, and more importantly, we take away the safety net of anonymity around Team Rocket. I don't think that the group in itself is 100% behind Declan Walsh, especially after Littleroot. If we provide a helping hand for those who want to get out of the crime life," Callan emphasizes the words 'get out', "I think a lot of them would be grateful."

"I can also understand the risk of something like this, in particular trust that people are going to keep their word and not inform on us. It's a certain type of madness, to suggest that some criminals are punished and others are not. But take, for instance . Granting amnesty would be in our immediate benefit, not only in terms of " Callan pauses, and clears his throat, deciding against pushing her into a decision immediately. "I'm sorry, obviously I have a vested interest in this. I hope you understand my thoughts though, Dahlia."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 6:34:47 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

dahlia listens. listens well. what callan proposes can not immediately be dismissed. there is merit in the dialogue, and yet, when her administration has been continually admonished by both rocket and league for being too soft, too light-handed like the pin feather of some limping ducklett, she can not believe it to be that easy.[break][break]

there is risk in the way deception flows so quietly. like a vein close to the skin, it spills in surplus when finally found and cut. granting a pardon means revealing vulnerability.[break][break]

"no, no." dahlia says, though her voice flows soft beneath her thoughts. "i can see why you feel this way and how it could be to our benefit. we have done it before."[break][break]

she sighs and her stoutland sleepily shifts onto its side.[break][break]

"but we need to approach this slowly. with an inundation of intel and surveillance. persons like and have allied themselves with a terrorist organization... it would not be a surprise should they flick their switches back to their original positions."[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 13:04:29 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nods, "Of course." He rises up from his chair, knowing that there was little more to discuss at this point in time. He had made his suggestions and had asked her for her advice. "I understand, it's certainly not an easy thing to put into practice." He offers a smile, "Thank you for your time, Dahlia."

With that, the audience was at a close. And so with pleasantries exchanged, Callan left for the next matter of business to be dealt with.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 4:18:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: