Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 22:00:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Over the past few month, the howling at the moon had become one of Penelope's favorite bars to frequent. Located within one of Hoenn's more bustling cities, she was easily given the opportunity to visit every other week or so, utilizing it's comforting unovian atompshere to loosen up after day's worth of arguing.
[Break][break]
With the new year lurking just around the corner, these occasional nighttime visits had easily become more frequent, as there were no other bar within the region with the ability to swallow up her buzzing thoughts more than their comfortable brown leather chairs and perfectly crafted cocktails.
[Break][break]
Penelope entered the small establishment , as she had done countless times before, and wended languidly to her natural habitat within the bar: the corner of the first floor, where a little nook housed two leather chairs with a table set between them.
[Break][break]
What she hadn't expected was the person occupying her little sanctuary.
[Break][break]
"Funny running into you here."
[Break][break]
And unfortunate, but she needn't mention that bit. Better to keep those thoughts for herself.
[Break][break]
"Long day, I'm guessing?"
[Break][break]
Not waiting for a response, she perched herself in the spare chair across from his, her leg naturally lifting to cross the other.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

howling at the moon prompt

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 23:39:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DOUBT

IN THE RESOLVE THAT MAKES RESOLUTIONS

FERNANDO’S GAZE NEVER LOOKS UP. it doesn’t need to stray away to recognize the voice. so he remains seated, fixed onto his phone, reading a sprawl of text too small for anyone to reasonably read comfortably. it sits at an angle, propped up by a plain, black popsocket. even his case is jet black, uniform in its lack of defining features or personality.

oh?

his reaches for a small bowl of mixed nuts, picking one blindly without so much as feeling out its shape. a bit further to the center sits an open can of pinapp beer.

what makes it funny, livy?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 2:00:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Even the councilman's own style ladled his dull personality to any onlooker curious enough to glance at the shadows. With a huff the woman adjusted herself between the cushions of the chair, letting the leather squeal beneath her weight, until finally settling with one final hum.
[break][break]

"I didn't think this sort of place would be your style," She admitted, eyes hovering at his mute brief case before flicking back toward the bar, finding more interest in pinpointing out a nearby employee. Her throat was growing far too dried and tired.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 5:09:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DOUBT

“AH.”

he pops a nut into his mouth before clamping down onto it with a gnash of teeth. his lips remain closed but he can feel it break apart under his molars. grinded down with each chew until it can be broken down no further.

how surprising that former hbs report, penelope livy, knows very little about fernando silph. astounding, really.

his sarcasm buys him time to complete the paragraph he’s reading. a good enough stopping point for him to palm his phone flat before placing it back into his pocket.

only now does he grant her the privilege of eye contact. red cracks bleed along the seams. held in place by thick, purple bags.

what’ll it be, livy? i already have a tab open.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 5:23:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I only really investigate things of interest."
[break][break]

And 's drinking habits certainly didn't fall within that small sphere.
[break][break]

Her gaze remained tether to the bar all until an unexpected offer came fluttering in from her left. Turning, she glanced at him with a quirked eye brow.
[break][break]

"Oh? A Sazerac then. Haven't had one of those in a while."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:15:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DOUBT

“SAZERAC,” he repeats, unfamiliar. “hmmm.

her offers her more than just a drink. she can have his nuts too. a silent shove moves the bowl forward, the perfect opposite to the sound of his chair scooting back. his can is crumped in his hand, bent in the middle into a more compact recyclable.

fernando’s status at the bar is plainly mundane. she’ll catch his backside leaning over the counter, waiting for the bartender to look his way, before motioning the number four with his fingers. when he turns around, she’ll catch him juggling four drinks between his two hands, pressing two of them together to keep them afloat.

it goes without question, he gingerly places them all on the table at once.

how strong is it,” he second guesses, retaking his seat.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:29:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Half lidded eyes followed the councilman back toward the bar, all while her hand instinctively reached toward the bowl of nuts, plucking a few at random. One by one, she'd plop them into her mouth, give them a solid crunch, then reach for more.
[break][break]

When Fernando first turned back around, the glint of the four balancing glasses caught her gaze, earning itself a inquisitive raised eyebrow and small puff of a laugh. Tonight could really only be described as a little funny run-in.
[break][break]

"Depends. How well do you take your liquor?"
[break][break]

Leaning forward, she reached for one the glasses and softly circled it near her chest, just to watch it's burnt colors spin into a vortex within it's center. The glass clanked against it's edges with each slow spin, only ended once she lifted up to her lips for a small sip.
[break][break]

"Ah, that's perfect," She sighed, content with the drink, "Thank you."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:40:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DOUBT

“I DON’T DRINK MUCH,” is as much of a downplay as he’ll forgo. where she finds nostalgia in her glass, he stares down with uncertainty. just one whiff is enough for his nose to crinkle in dissent.

it’s bad for you,” are famous last words before he also partakes. his sip reveals a look of judgement that’s unsure of how to score it, before he goes for a bigger gulp, looking to dent his further in comparison.

did you just get out?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:52:14 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"That's the point."
[break][break]

Somehow, she highly doubted his words. It rare to meet someone nowadays that didn't partake in the habitual ceremony that was releasing stress through the means of alcoholic beverages, and even rarer in a position as stress inducing as theirs.
[break][break]

But she'd let him live his sober dreams.
[break][break]

Half-lidded eyes stared back at the councilman as he took the first plunge into the unknown, then the second, only growing surprise by the size of the following gulp. An impressive achievement for anyone to accomplish while maintaining straight face.
[break][break]

"Mmm."
[break][break]

Were they ever really done with work? Even here, safe from the paperwork hell of her office, she was expecting to spend some time shifting through her email.
[break][break]

"Yeah," She relented, "things went longer than expected tonight. But you know how it is."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:03:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DOUBT

“OH?”

he sounds surprised despite sharing the same title and rank. however, the mantle of council member does not mean they are the same. of even, really.

different responsibilities, different specialties, mean their workload shifts accordingly. the aftermath of METENO has left fernando buried in work that often gets overlook and underappreciated.

much in the same manner that he disregards hers.

what were you working on?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:17:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope swallowed down her annoyance with another gulp of her drink.
[break][break]

His haughty view of her work was far from a secret. It was a blatant fact smeared across his piercing gaze, disapproving expression, and dreary tone. Most of the time Penelope chose to ignore it -- as it made working alongside one another all the more bearable -- but, when placed face to face with it, there was no holding back the curl of heat it evoked in the back of her stomach.
[break][break]

"I was reviewing some notes from my conversation with the Intelligence Bureau."
[break][break]

Since her conversation with , and 's infamous leak, there had been a major push towards furthering The League's lean towards winning the intelligence war against Rocket. It was lofty process, but she was getting through it, slowly.
[break][break]

"Among other things."
[break][break]

Like finishing preparations, fixing up a set plan of action for the rest of the week, and so on...
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:23:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DOUBT

“AH,” is as satisfactory of an answer as she’ll pry from him.

for now, he seems simple. a part of him he’s revealed to her multiple times in THE SILENT ICELANDS. preparation before the attack.

a BIDE, if you will.

how did it go?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:34:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Click.
[break][break]

Remnants of their time shared within the frozen hellscape of the ICELANDS came flashing to mind. Just as before, she expected the rush of pain to splinter from her ankle whenever yet another trap is set to spring at her for she considered to be nonsense reasons.
[break][break]

But, instead, she was met with nothing but a simple inquiry for more.
[break][break]

"It was productive."
[break][break]

Deadpan, her gaze slipped back to the clanging of her glass. What was the point of elaboration for someone who truly didn't care?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:46:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DOUBT

“OH?”

her curtness is met with the same surprise as earlier. what attributes to her lack of length goes above his head. for he could not dare guess that such banter would truly dent her heart. she should have more fight in her, is the basis of his challenge.

the silence drains another sip from his glass.

do go on.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOUBT [Bar/S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 8:01:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She did have more fight in her, as indicated in the narrowness of her gaze, the curl of her finger around the glass, and the harsh click of her tongue.
[break][break]

One swing of the drink, and another sharp gulp burned her throat, letting a relaxing shudder crawl down her spine.
[break][break]

"Ah, to be asked about work right after escaping it. Not what I expected from my night." Another hard look was spared the councilman's way. "But fine. I think it went well."
[break][break]

She took a short breath.
[break][break]

"Talks are moving in a positive light and there's been a notable boost in morale since that leak went through."
[break][break]

Something she was looking to utilize as they pushed into the new year.
[break][break]

"I'm still dealing with preparations for next year's budget and staffing requirements, but with everything I'm seeing, there's fire in there. I'm confident we'll be able to establish a more reliable network to help counteract Rocket's movements soon."
[break][break]