235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 3:01:13 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Sy wasn’t much of a drinker. Sugary alcohols were not conducive to his diet plan, for one. For another, on the few times he’s gotten well and truly drunk, he gets clingy, handsy, touchy. Or so he’s been told by those forced to bear witness to him in such a state.

The negroni is to his taste-- so bitter, it almost feels like medicine, going down. He’s out more because he can’t stand to stay inside alone on new years and less because of the pub crawl, but he finds himself caught up in the eb and flow of it, regardless.

He’s casually dropping his Sitrus peel in a garbage can when he catches sight of a familiar head of dark hair through the crowd and before he knows it he’s up and heading over, thankful for the distraction of a known entity to detract from a general overhanging cloud of loneliness.

,” he says, once he nears the tall, dark, handsome not-stranger, “glad to see your head’s still on your shoulders.”

At one point, it almost hadn’t been.

[attr="class","samjertag"]
@ the nimbus
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
leave the money on the table.
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:51:02 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cashprize"]
[attr="class","top"]

bar crawls are not typically his thing, but with everything that has gone on in the past year, these events are the few things that he can look forward to.

[break][break] caden stays at the edge of the bar, sipping on a negroni, when someone tall, handsome and ginger walks up to him.

[break][break] a familiar face.

[break][break] his face lights up in a smile, rare for him these days, as he regards his roommate.

[break][break] "thanks to you," he says. "so, what are you doing here?" arching a brow. "i don't really see you out."

[break][break] at least, not on the stage.

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
the nimbus [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-munna"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".cashprize"]--accent:#e6e6e6; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize blockquote b, .cashprize blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .cashprize blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cashprize blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .cashprize .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .cashprize .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
am i running out of lifelines?
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 20:20:43 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Caden smiles, which suits him more than the broody doctor would ever care to admit. A genuine smile, candid, not something seductive and sultry and planned, as most of his expressions seem to be-- mildly predatory and poised to leap, and guide someone into a tongue-twisted, double entendre.

“Naw. I didn’t do much.”

Sy welcomes the ripostes, when they present themselves. Water off a duck’s back. It helps him portray the simple, pure-hearted image he so desperately wishes to, while also filing them away for himself, later.

“Just… you know, out,” he says, holding up his drink as though to illustrate his purpose for the night, “I can stay in with the best of the homebodies but something about being alone on New Years just hits a bit too close.”

He takes a drink and looks out at the crowd of bar crawlers, happy and laughing and drunk.

“Kinda hoped you’d stay in, too, but I figured you’d be busy.”

@ the nimbus
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 19:08:41 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

his brow arches at the vagueness of the reply, but he doesn't press. caden knows that his roommate appreciates the secrecy of their life as much as he does.

[break][break] "yeah," he agrees, sipping his own drink. it's his third for the evening. "i don't know how people do it."

[break][break] caden laughs at the comment, something sharp and potent in the way that it unfurls from his throat. "what? you wanted me to stay home?"

[break][break] "that's cruel. even for you, sy."

[break][break] but he's not offended. if anything, he seems entertained that his golden boy of a roommate had it in him to be mean.

[break][break] "that sounds awful."

[break][break] was there a worse fate than boring?

the nimbus [break]

[newclass=".cashprize"]--accent:#e6e6e6; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize blockquote b, .cashprize blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .cashprize blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cashprize blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cashprize .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .cashprize .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .cashprize .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 3:38:42 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]His chuckle rumbles out of him, and he relaxes a bit. Like he remembers he doesn’t have to always be on edge, even if he’s gotten very good at hiding it.

“Yeah, well, misery loves company.” He drinks. “And if you stay in that means you aren’t out here getting your ass beat again.”

There was a fate worse than boring. Broken and bleeding out on the curb, forgotten, cast aside, and unwanted.

“At least if they pick a fight with you at home I can help even the odds.”

@ the nimbus
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 22:16:21 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he almost regrets letting see that part of him. caden doesn't do very good at revealing those secret parts of himself.

[break][break] case in point: he avoids the topic, but instead going for a tease.

[break][break] "aw, don't you sound protective?"

[break][break] he smirks.

[break][break] "careful, someone might think you care."

[break][break] he smiles wide, inhibited thanks to the alcohol.

[break][break] "you'd bruise your pretty face for me? whatever will your fans say?"

[break][break]

the nimbus [break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 18:59:27 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]He levels a look at Caden, breaking the brevity of the moment with a setting of his jaw.

“Of course I care. I’m always protective of my friends.”

And then the moment is gone, and he’s taking a drink and peering at the company around them.

Caden’s next comment makes him laugh and he covers his mouth lest he spit fucking everywhere.

“HAH! Please. I used to fall on my face all the time during gymnastics practice. I’m used to it.” He grins, nose wrinkling. “I’ve broken my face doing dumber shit, too.”

@ the nimbus
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 7:17:56 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

caden arches a brow, a languid smile spreading across his face.

[break][break] "we're friends? thought i was just roomie status."

[break][break] not that he'd ever minded. he thought was a perfectly adequate roommate: cleaned up after himself, did his chores, gave him a place to stay. he was also not bad to look at.

[break][break] he grins back at symon, only to wince slightly because his cut lip is still healing.

[break][break] "dumber shit? like what?"

the nimbus [break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 15:14:03 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Sy knows exactly where Caden is going after he says the F word so he manages to parrot “We’re friends?” at exactly the same time.

“Yes, you big edgelord. We are friends.” He rolls his eyes but his smile is still affectionate.

“One time I was cutting class and I was so focused on making sure the truancy officer didn’t follow me that I walked face-first into a railroad crossing sign and split my head open. Laid on the ground unconscious for god knows how long until a homeless man found me.”

@ the nimbus
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 20:49:30 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

manages to draw a laugh out of him. one that's not sardonic or filled with thinly-veiled insults.

[break][break] "you fucking idiot."

[break][break] it was before caden knew him, presumably, so it wasn't like he would've been able to stitch him up. then again, it looked like whoever had stitched symon up had done a bang-up job.

[break][break] "so what then? what'd the homeless man do?"

[break]

the nimbus [break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 21:53:09 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Sy shares the laugh, the easy smile, the genuine enjoyment of the moment.

“He gently kicked me awake and asked me if I was okay. I was so scared and out of it that the minute I was standing I ran all the way home and my momma--,” he grinds to a halt as his accent threatens to punch its way out of his throat. He swallows. “My mother beat the shit out of me. Which was arguably worse than the giant gash I had in my head.”

He raised his glass and inclined his chin as though to say see? You’re not the only one.

@ the nimbus
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
monkey 47, dry
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 18:19:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: