Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
It's The End Of The World As We Know It [Bar Crawl]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 0:59:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]With his pregaming with over, was there a better place to go than The Ritual? It was a few blocks down from the Howling at most, and in many ways the two were businesses were cousins. They both presented elegant, welcoming fronts, but were home to far more beneath the surface than meets the eye. Rocket had fingerprints in both, making them invaluable sites after many other front businesses had been jeopardized. And while operating in plain sight, both were capable of the utmost secrecy.[break][break]

Perhaps this was why, when Isaac tried to make his way over to where the Good Stuff was stored, the bouncer was already scoffing. "Doubt a babyface like you can even drink. Let alone have any business down here. Keep walking, pipsqueak." With folded arms and a nudge of his head, he figured he'd made his message clear.[break][break]

Much to his surprise, Isaac didn't keep walking. Instead, he turned to face the bouncer, his 'babyface' now punctuated by a dark eyepatch that failed to contain the length of his scar. "Huh. Were you talking to me?" he asked, a soft smile on his face. The shadows flickering across his face made it look all the more dangerous by the second.[break][break]

A bit of sweat gathered on the bead of the bouncer's brow. The tension between the two was thick enough to stick a knife in. Finally, Isaac leaned in a little, bringing both a listening ear and his patched-up eye closer to the bouncer. "Well?"[break][break]

Something broke. "Uh . . . nope! Just waving off some bozo tailing you." The bouncer stepped an inch aside, motioning for Isaac to proceed. "C'mon, right this way."[break][break]

"Thanks. You're a doll," Isaac snarked, slipping past the bouncer. As he did, the bouncer felt something slip into his pocket. He fished it out, letting out a confused hum as he noted it was a card. A single black jack.[break][break]

He peeked over his shoulder, noticing Isaac doing the same. With the shadows framing his face like a mask, the bouncer was finally able to put 2 and 2 together. The realization only left Isaac grinning wider. He gave a coy little wave, then turned to descend down the stairs.[break][break]

The bouncer swallowed nervously. If his boss ever knew he'd almost barred one of Rocket's own entry . . .[break][break]

That was for him to wrestle with and Isaac to not really pay any mind to. Instead, he descended into the Ritual's speakeasy, a little excited to finally scope this place out. Just what would he find in this den of thieves and secrets? More importantly, just who would he find?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,864 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 14:37:24 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The question of what the one eyed would find would be answered very quickly as at the bar dressed in a suit of the finest Paldean Silk, that had been woven together by one . Not a single silvery strand of hair out of place was one Amor Rose. One would think that he was out of place, and well he was. This wasn't the sort of establishment one would find someone in the upper echelons of humanity in normally. But Amor wasn't normal he enjoyed finding places like this, places where status, title, or name didn't matter. It was refreshing to not have everything handed to him all the time, even he liked to work for things occasionally.

In front of him was a glass filled with dark liquid, and many normal patrons looked at him as if he were a unicorn. This wasn't the open faced normal "upstairs" portion of the lounge. So why was some pompous self important guy dressed to the nines here in this place? Still he was on his third drink as he drowned what few sorrows he had knocking back another half of his current glass. A few of the patrons kept an eye on every move he had, he was new, unknown, and he was just lounging in what could compare to a criminal underbelly as if it was just another bar.

Something was wrong....Had he taken a wrong turn? Was he suppose to be there? No one knew, but they were all to hesitant to approach him for some reason. It could have something to do with a disturbance he had caused upon entering. This was a dangerous place to be if you didn't belong, and as had been made painfully clear by the narrator, Amor didn't belong. So when he showed up, the bouncer thought it would just be a funny prank, the rich guy would get jumped, and then tossed out. That is not what happened exactly.

When he was approached things happened in a blur, one of the normal patrons was going to rough up the pompous guy. All the other patrons heard was the sickening crack of bone, and the one who had approached the pompous guy was on the floor with a leg shattered, and a shoulder bent out of shape. When others approached he moved as if he were waltzing to the mans other arm, and in front of everyone, he broke it. It was clean so it could mend properly. Then he dragged the man over to the bar, and forced him to slump along side it so he could drink in peace.

It wasn't that the other patrons were afraid, they were probably just waiting for him to get drunk so they could jump him, and pay him back for humiliating one of their own.

"Barkeep....Another...." He let the words hang in the air as he pushed his now empty glass in front of him waiting for a refill. He had paid for his tab in advance, he understood how things looked, and worked in a place like this, and the barkeep was grateful for that. Even if he was a bit unsettled.

Amor had for all purposes had an awful week. He just wanted to drink away from the noise, being diced into a hundred pieces by a legendary pokemon, will quite literally cut the fear of most things out of you. So engrossed he was with his drinking that he didn't notice a particular blonde haired friend walking in.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 4:34:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The thing about a bar fight? The bar always wins.[break][break]

In many establishments, beating the absolute piss out of another customer was a recipe for getting kicked out. Breaking them badly enough to need urgent medical attention was a one way ticket to a ban. But between it being self defense, a Rocket front business, and the barman standing to profit quite a bit from Amor's continued presence, everyone involved seemed content to look the other way.[break][break]

Isaac didn't arrive in time for the main event. By the time his own little scuffle had resolved, it was time for the aftermath. And what an aftermath it was. Amor sat within a personal space bubble, the crowd that was about to jump him now backed up to a safe distance. His "drinking buddy" was slumped on the bar next to him, groans of pain faintly audible beneath the bar's holiday music.[break][break]

On the bright side, that meant there was a seat available. Isaac slipped through the crowd surrounding Amor, who were now even more baffled to see a babyfaced twink worming his way through their ranks. It almost made them look bad by comparison, a fact that got an onlooker from across the bar snickering.[break][break]

Isaac settled into the free seat next to Amor, peeking towards the man flopped onto the other seat. "Hey. This guy giving you trouble?" he asked, a teasing smirk on his face. By now, the answer was obvious; A) he had and B) now he wasn't in any state to keep doing so. But since when did that stop Isaac from getting a little sarcastic?[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,864 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 18:39:26 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Was Amor holding this highly injured man as a hostage to prevent others from bothering him? None could know, but he was sure that the owner of this one @vergil would hear about this particular escapade sooner or later. He of course would pay any damages that were required, it wasn't like money was an issue. That was when he heard a familiar voice, and he turned to see a familiar head of blonde hair with an eye patch. Amor had of course been there on Mt. Pyre, not that Isaac would know, and he had seen the boy with a fresh wound on his eye. Of course Amor didn't have the power to restore it, despite all his resources he was helpless against those sorts of things. It left a bitter taste in his mouth, but it was overshadowed with his normal charming smile.

"I would call you a sight for sore eyes, but you're down one, and I don't want to be insensitive." It was a light tease, something to just brush the elephant in the room out of it, and clear the air. "Oh you mean this guy?" He looked down at the man with his hawk like pupils, and shrugged. "He was just trying to give me a greeting, and so I gave him one back." At that the bartender snorted a little, but said nothing else.

"I believe I did it correctly since no one has tried to greet me since." A wry smile on his lips as he took another drink. There were so many things on his mind, the rifts, the woman he saw, his new double life. The bridges that he had torched, and the new ones he had begun building. Life was taking many interesting turns for him. "I will say this now just to get it off my chest. I am sorry that despite all my resources, I cannot fix your eye." It was something that had been gnawing at him all this time. They were relatively new acquaintances, but Isaac was a good sort. While Amor found him naive in the way he looked at certain things, that didn't mean he was a bad guy.

And for one reason or another, it made him realize just how powerless he actually was to do anything that mattered, for the ones that he cared for, or liked. Despite all the Pokemon he had obtained, the skills, and abilities. It still wasn't enough....

"But on less somber topics, how is life? Your woman, and you are doing well I presume?" Amor had noticed at the Masquerade that Isaac had a woman. Though he had thought he was after another at first, such misunderstandings were common when you assumed you knew everything such as a certain silvery long haired individual.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 19:10:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac couldn't hold back his laugh at Amor's tease. "Ah, please. Being sore's all this old thing's good for nowadays," he teased back. A little bit of light roasting came all too naturally for him, even about topics as heavy as this. While he loathed how his capabilities had diminished, it was far easier to force it out in a joke than it was to stew in his own bitterness.[break][break]

Yet Isaac wasn't the only one bitter about it. Amor, too, was wracked with guilt over his own inability to help. "Hey, c'mon. S'not like you were there or anything," Isaac said, his reassuring smile proof that he didn't know the truth. "What happened, happened. Much as I like to tell myself otherwise, I don't think I had a chance of saving it in the first place. So all I can do is learn how to work with it, y'know?"[break][break]

He sighed, trying to keep that smile up. "It sucks. Bad. But if I don't let myself move forward, it's never gonna stop sucking so much. What else can I do?"[break][break]

Realistically, he knew what he could do. was trying to develop a replacement, after all. It was still such a far-flung hope, but it was hope nonetheless. If Amor wanted to, he could have easily bankrolled her endeavors. It likely wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket for him. But Isaac would be damned if he tried to shake a friend down for money, especially one that was under the influence. If Amor ever came to that conclusion on his own, Isaac wouldn't say no, but now was not the time or place.[break][break]

He eyed the downed man groaning next to Amor, a teasing smirk spreading across his face. " 'Sides, you've done plenty of fixing tonight. Like how you fixed that guy's attitude!" It was better to focus on the good. He'd done more than enough dwelling on the bad in the hospital.[break][break]

For example; "his woman." Isaac made sure not to outwardly wince at that phrasing. "Cygne's been doing alright," Isaac said, putting that little bit of extra emphasis on her name. "Seeing me like this hasn't been easy for her, either, but she's been in better spirits since the masquerade. Having some projects to tinker with and a chance to see I'm not down for the count did a lot to help." So, too, did alcohol. That really was her happy place a lot of the time, huh?[break][break]

"As for me? Well, I'm sure making sure not to keep idle." Because, frankly, that drove Isaac insane. "Honestly, by now, I've kinda wedged myself back into the same ol' same ol'. Which is huge, compared to where I was a month ago." His shifts at the Howling weren't as long as they used to be. His Rocket missions had been simple at best. He found himself relying on the aid of Pokemon like Ex Machina and Echo far more than usual.[break][break]

But he was taking steps forward. And that was what mattered most. "Next step? Grabbing life by the horns and showing it I'm not down for the count yet."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,864 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 14:06:09 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He had to admire the other's attitude. Knocking back the rest of his drink he was already on his next one, but a charming smile spread across his lips as he regarded the other.

"I'm glad about that. Sometimes such an injury takes a toll on a person, puts them in a spiral, and they aren't fully able to recover from it. You have a healthy mindset, and if you ever require anything, just ask. Since I am aware that you are becoming housemates with someone that I am going to be investing in." While Amor had been doing research on to determine if he was going to invest in his company. He had come across a lease of an apartment or some sort of thing that he couldn't quite remember right now, and he recognized Isaac's name as being on it.

"Mr. Jamison is an interesting one. First time we met was at the bottom of the ocean while I was undressing." He said with a chuckle remembering how the boy panicked when had said he would take off his entire swimsuit to prove that he wasn't a mermaid to him. "He thought I was a mermaid." Huh was that a pleasant memory for him? Amor didn't think he had many of those, but had they started to build up somewhere along the way? "Which I get it....Long silvery hair, angelic face, place skin. I could be a mermaid at the very least if all my ventures fail." He smirked a little as his glass was refilled, how many was that?

Amor usually drank champagne, or wine, so just doing glasses of whiskey was not his norm, but it was a whiskey kind of time period he felt.

"Perhaps you should help, Mr. Jamison out with his soon to be growing company if you're not already? You look pretty tough, no one would try to steal packages from you." Another light hearted tease, Amor drank in all that Isaac was telling him. "Cygne is her name? She was the one who called me funny right?" Amor seemed to vaguely remember her laughing when he said he would make some guy disappear with a plane through his house or something for Isaac.

"It's good that you are both able to cope with the new situation. She's a keeper that is for sure." Amor said patting Isaac on the back as he got a distant look in his eyes for a moment. The blonde woman he saw on the other side of the border came to mind. So close, and yet so far, had he not been stopped by his pokemon would he have truly walked into that place to get her back.

There was an ancient myth where such a thing happened before right? A man going into the underworld to bring back his love. If it was truly right there....Was it possible? An idea began to form in the recesses of his mind.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 2:40:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The idea of never recovering got Isaac's pulse pounding. Even considering that possibility felt anathema to Isaac's very being. Even when it seemed impossible, even when the frustration drove him to tears, even when he had to endure the shame of failing at the most basic of tasks, he refused to stop beating his head against those mile-high odds.[break][break]

"My body's never gonna recover," Isaac admitted. "So my mind's just gonna have to pick up the slack."[break][break]

He was surprised that Amor already knew about his plans with . Then again, Locke was a pretty open book, and he and Amor seemed to have some matter of history with each other. Apparently that history involved accidental nudity, the subject of mermaidhood, and adventures at the bottom of the ocean. "Alright, I'll bite. Why the heck would someone undress at the bottom of the ocean?" he asked. That was one of those anecdotes you couldn't just hear and let drop![break][break]

Isaac wasn't the biggest for straight drinks, but seeing the whiskeys coming Amor's way inspired him. He put in his own order for the Ritual's special Old Fashioned. Unlike some cocktails, it didn't really do a ton to mask the intensity of the alcohol, but that extra hit of smoky sweetness just took the bourbon and made it sing.[break][break]

At the mention of Locke's packages, he shook his head, a smile on his face. "My dance card's way punched for the moment, sadly. But, hey. Maybe if all my own ventures fail," Isaac said, lightheartedly echoing Amor's own phrase. It was far more likely, and would cause far less of the Hoenn region to destabilize, but he was still hoping it wouldn't be how his 2023 went! "And if anyone tries messing with Locke while they're at home? It's on sight."[break][break]

Then came another person key to his life. Isaac couldn't help but smile at the mention of Cygne. "Yeah. She's got one hell of a laugh, huh?" he asked. It was distinctive and it was excitable and it practically lit Isaac's life up every time he heard it. "Here's hoping 2023 gives her more to laugh about. This year's been a rough one for the whole damn region."[break][break]

"How about you?" Isaac asked, not knowing the powder keg that he was about to light. "You got anyone on your mind?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,864 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:04:31 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor just chuckled at Isaac's question of his meeting with his Locke. After downing one more, he felt the alcohol begin to affect him, it made him feel warm floaty. A single layer of that exterior he kept up peeled away ever so slightly, probably not noticeable to most.

"I was spelunking....I get bored, so sometimes I go explore caves, and ruins to see what is in there if anything." He explained to Isaac with a little laugh as he got another drink. "I was trying to dry off a little with my Charizard, and then he stumbled upon me." Was all Amor said with a gentle smile as he recounted the tale. Hoping that would be enough to sate Isaac's curiosity, and he noticed how the man's face lit up whenever he spoke of . Amor couldn't help, but feel a tad envious of him, but he was also glad Isaac was happy.

It was such a fleeting thing in this world after all.

Then came the question he wasn't expecting not just from Isaac, from anyone. Very few pried into his personal details in such a way, most just read up on him on some PokeWikia, and never bothered. It didn't help that Amor was also slightly drunk, and he thought about it. The truth was, he did have someone on his mind, not that it mattered. Thoughts wouldn't bring her back, he was powerless then just as he was now. Lost in his own thoughts at that question he didn't realize his grip tightening on the glass he was holding as the memories came back to him.

Their first dance, kiss, each time she smiled. Then it was just red....Her gown, the floor, his vision....It was just red, and then there was a loud pop as the glass shattered in his grip. He felt the shards of it digging into his flesh, as fresh red flowed from his pale skin. For a moment his entire demeanor shifted as he looked at his hand, almost as if he was disgusted that he was made of such fragile material. But it vanished just as quickly.

"Once upon a time....I had someone." Was all he said eerily calm as he picked the shards of glass out of his hand as if they were mere splinters. "But no more." He gave the brief explanation as the memories were fighting to stay in the forefront of his thoughts, but he forced the tidal wave back. Better to not burden another. "My apologies for the mess." He said to the bartender who had brought some gauze, and he was already wrapping his hand as the counter got cleaned.

Another drink was poured for him.

Amor was drunk, but he wasn't drunk enough to dump his trauma on another. It would be irresponsible of him, nor did he want to ruin the mood.

"Good as new." He said with an easy smile as if nothing had just happened holding up his freshly wrapped hand, wiggling his fingers.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 3:45:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. Oh dear. Was there a clearer sign that the wrong question had been asked than a literal explosion of glass and blood?[break][break]

The grinds of protest coming from the glass, nearly inaudible, gave way to an explosively loud pop. Isaac's eye went wide as he processed what was going on. "Fuck, shit, I'm sorry . . . that wasn't . . . I shouldn't've . . ."[break][break]

It was too late. With the glass shattered, so, too, had the separation between the two. Rather than get angry, Amor simply fell quiet. He told Isaac the only parts of the truth that he needed to go. There was someone. They were no longer in the picture. And it hurt more than all the glass in the world getting jammed into his palm.[break][break]

He handled the matter with an eerie calmness, picking glass out of his own injured hand shard by shard before wrapping it cleanly in gauze. It was as if Amor had never even gotten hurt. Had Isaac not just seen it happen, the smile on Amor's face would leave him unsure that he had even gotten hurt.[break][break]

"If it helps?" said Isaac, voice quiet and hesitant. All may have been well that ended well, but that didn't mean Isaac was content to leave it at well enough. "They must've been pretty incredible, if they caught your eye."[break][break]

There was no need to dig. As someone who had wrestled with his own traumas so recently, Isaac knew it would only make things worse. Instead, he offered what little consolation he could and a small, understanding smile to go with it.[break][break]

It would never be enough. Not in a situation like this. But he did what he could, because who would he be otherwise?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,864 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 16:05:14 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He listened to Isaac apologize, and try to cheer him up, and it was a nice gesture. One far to good for him he felt on some level, and he just remained quiet for a bit. It was probably off putting just how quickly his mood changed. It was strange for him too sometimes, but it wasn't something that he was adept at controlling all the time. The layers upon layers of deception he wore everyday, to hide the gaping wounds beneath. Just so he could retain some sense of normalcy, and not make others pity him. Pity just made him feel worse, and so he just smiled easily at Isaac. Taking a delicate sip of his drink he set the glass down, not throwing it back as he had all the others before it.

"Vivienne was her name." He said quietly talking about this no more than necessary. "And she was very incredible. More so than I deserved." And with that he fell into simple silence once more taking another drink of his whiskey before he was about to order an Old Fashioned himself, before he felt someone tap on his shoulder. It was three of the other patrons, and he figured they must have thought that he was drunk enough to pick on now, but Amor simply narrowed his eyes at them.

"I would suggest you don't this. If you do, my associate is going to make a mess of you, and I am going to have to pay for more than a broken glass." There was sincerity in those words, but what associate was he talking about? Could he mean Isaac, but Amor's eyes never left the ruffians.

"Tch whatever tough guy, we saw how you attacked Gerry there without any warning! We won't let that set on our turf!" The bigger man out front said with a snort, and then he wound up as if he was going to punch Amor. However his fist never found purchase, and Amor never even attempted to dodge.

The Bartender just snorted with a little laugh as an elderly man in a butler outfit was between them, and he was holding his finger against the thugs throat.

"I would like to suggest that you gentlemen turn around, and head back to your booth. Master Amor pays me to take the trash out, but I have other duties to attend tonight. So don't make my work load higher please." The elderly man stated as if he was talking to an old friend with a pleasant smile on his face. The other three were taken a bit aback, before they closed their hands, but reluctantly backed away.

"Thank you Walter." Amor said to his most trusted aide before turning his attention back to Isaac. "Alright now that, that is settled. Tell me what kind of place you are bunking in with Locke? It's sanitary right? I know the poor kid was homeless before, so I'm unsure he picked a suitable place. Do I need to come inspect it?" Amor asked Isaac curiously changing the subject from his lost love.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 18:38:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was kind of amazing. Even the most elite, powerful people in the world could suffer so much. If one only knew Amor from reputation, they'd think he would be above such petty concerns. Yet here he was, in such agony over his former beloved that it turned into physical pain.[break][break]

It was funny. One of Isaac's biggest complaints about the League was its excess. Their indulgent celebrations, monuments, and allowances felt so selfish when people were suffering and dying in the streets. Yet here he was, sitting next to a man whose name was synonymous with money and seeing firsthand just how human he truly was. He viewed the world in an unfathomably different light. Hell, his butler was waiting in the wings to break up a bar brawl like some kind of chaperone. But even through such changes, he still loved, he still lost, he still hoped, and he still dreamed.[break][break]

Did the Council feel these things, too? Were they as shackled to their obligations as he was to his own?[break][break]

The thought would bounce around in his skull for a good bit. Until then, he fired off a cheeky grin at Amor's retreating "friends", then pondered his question.[break][break]

"Well, the good news is the previous guests did a wonderful job of looking after it." That was certainly one way to put things! It probably helped that they were still using it. Even if using it occasionally entailed possessing it and sending it spinning around the room.[break][break]

"Rent's a steal, too. Even with the current market standards, this place is cheap as free." Because it was effectively free. Sure, they'd have to wave around a document and negotiate with a bunch of ghosts. But Isaac would take the ghosts over the IRS any day of the week.[break][break]

"Plenty of space for guests." Like Lottie, for one. Or the swarm of ghosts that very much would not be leaving, for another. It was still less housemates than the Rocket sub, but Locke's House For Undead Friends was definitely going to be ceding some space just to keep the peace.[break][break]

"Next, we just gotta seal the deal on it. But, hey. How bad could it be?" It couldn't be as bad as the gas leak haunting he and Ruby faced. Or the ghost that Gavin fought on Mt. Pyre. Or the entire Truesdale manor. Or that time he, Kepler, Temp, and Ash explored the boundary between life and death.[break][break]

Quietly, Isaac wondered when he and Death entered their little rivalry.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,864 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 19:43:42 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He listened to Isaac describe the place that they were going to be residing in, and Amor just chuckled a little as the alcohol began to send fire into his veins. Finally he was beginning to feel it, though it was always a bit of a delay he had hoped that it would act a bit quicker. Maybe if it had, he wouldn't have made a scene, and broken that glass. Regardless his muscles all stopped being coiled up, and he was very relaxed at the moment. Isaac would be able to watch the transformation happen in real time, as this was not something many people would be able to see happen to Amor often.

"I see....Well the thing is, if you got a house....You're suppose to throw a party." Amor said with an easy grin on his lips, he was a little wobbly, but not slurring his words yet. Though he was making more extravagant gestures than he normally would. Amor had been drinking for a reason, and whatever it was, he had forgotten. He just felt bubbly right now as he explained to Isaac how house parties worked. "If we're gonna throw a party, I'm in charge though....You can invite whoever. We gotta do all sorta stuff for your first party, at your new house." Amor said completely disregarding the man groaning in pain next to him on his chair, and any words of protest that Isaac may, or may not say.

"We need food....Entertainment....Um....What else?" Amor said looking at Walter rather than Isaac. In his mind Isaac had already agreed to throw this party, by simply getting a house. It didn't help that Amor was drunk, and his normal confidence in just being right was severely amplified.

"What about a band sir? Perhaps a band, or some dancers for the Young Masters in their new home?" Walter said completely going along with whatever Amor was scheming in his drunken state.

"Yesh! A band, and dancers, and boosh!" Now the slurring of words was beginning the more excited he got for this hypothetical party. Walter was already taking notes on his HoloWatch like a shopping lis of things to go look for afterward. "Isaac, what do you want at the party? We can't tell ....He's so mean Isaac!" Amor said, and threw himself at Isaac with a hug.

"He hashn't even ushed the card I gave him....Do you know how mush monie is on it!? A LOT FOR NORMAL PEOPLE!" Amor wailed, and grumped. "And he hashn't spent it! What the hell!" Amor said pulling himself away from Isaac, and pouting.

"Hmph....Maybe I'll hire dancers to punish Locke...." Amor said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 0:55:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. Oh, boy. Amor's posture and expression were changing in real time. Anger gave way to grief. Grief gave way to quiet. And quiet gave way to a strange state of looseness. The man looked ready to flop over at any moment, and for a second Isaac wondered if he should set some barricades around him before he fell.[break][break]

Then he spoke. Yep. This was happening now.[break][break]

In his infinite drunken wisdom, he decided that Isaac Needed to have a homecoming party. Not for , because Locke was too humble "mean " to use Amor's quadruple-loaded credit card. Okay, so Locke was invited, but it would be a party aimed at him instead of held for him. Those two really knew each other well, huh? It was a small world out there.[break][break]

Laughing a little at Amor's ridiculousness, Isaac returned his hug. "Y'know, a party does sound pretty fun," he admitted, part to help the rapidly-melting billionaire feel better and part because, fuck it. He had a hell of a year. He had more good experiences than he could have ever wanted. He had been through more stress than he could have ever imagined. He was grateful. He was celebratory. He was hyped! Who cared if it was a little excessive? Fuck it! He did deserve this![break][break]

"But, c'mon. We do gotta tell Locke. It's their idea in the first place, y'know?" Isaac said, gently chiding Amor. "They're not a bad guy, really. They're just real humble."[break][break]

That said, Isaac could already feel the mischief brewing. "Why do I get the feeling you've already got something cooked up?" Isaac asked. He wasn't even in on this whole plan! He was just really curious about this peek into the sillier parts of Amor's brain![break][break]

Besides, if he played his cards right, maybe he could kick off the world's gnarliest prank war . . .

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,864 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 20:03:56 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor just smiled when Isaac agreed to his terms, but then he said they had to tell , and he frowned immediately. Crossing his arms he pouted a little bit.

"Fine tell him...." He said clearly not happy about it for the moment, but he just sighed, and finished what remained in his glass before standing up very wobbly. Though remarkably he didn't fall before he looked at Walter with a grin on his lips. "Walter make all the preparashuns, but firs....I need to go vomit." Amor said, he forgot how much he had actually drank at this point, but it was hard liquor, and it was finally taking it's toll on him, but he didn't make it more than a step before his stomach lurched.

Walter went to aid him, but Amor had already aimed himself at the bar, well lower on the bar to the unfortunate thug Gerry. Gerry caught the full blast of Amor's bile, which didn't get the rest of the place dirty. Gerry was having a bad day. Gerry had a wife who was going to hate him when he got home.

Amor didn't know this, nor care, but he wiped his lips clean with a cloth, and threw it on Gerry who was groaning, and crying a little.

"Y'know Isaac....I'm glad I met you." The act having sobered him up somewhat. "I would drink more, but I think it's time for me to depart, but I look forward to the party we are going to throw." He said with an easy laugh as he laced one arm around Walters shoulders who waved goodbye to Isaac before helping Amor leave the bar.

"And if you ever need anything. Just ask. My door is always open." He said without turning back, and just chuckling a little bit before finally leaving. The truth was, Amor was grateful he had met Isaac, and for some reason he felt comfortable around him. However that comfort lead to him revealing to much about himself. Amor hadn't ever told anyone Vivienne aside from Walter.

It felt like he had let someone see a weakness in him, and while he was grateful for it, that didn't mean he wanted to reveal more. Isaac had his life to live, and Amor now had a plan to work out, and plan. A trip to the Border, to make the myth of Orpheus a reality, except, Amor wouldn't fail.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 23:22:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was one thing to see one of the richest men in Hoenn in a drunken, semi-pitiful state. It was another to see him projectile vomiting all over the half-conscious thug that had tried to pick a fight with him. If Isaac had a camera and malicious intentions, he'd have legendary amounts of blackmail material. Instead, he already had a glass of water at the ready for his increasingly strange, increasingly close friend.[break][break]

"No, yeah, I think that'd be a good idea," Isaac agreed as Amor decided to put a stop to his drinking for the day. In the time it took Isaac to get halfway through one Old Fashioned, Amor had already drained a bottle of bourbon. That was definitely take a break territory! "I'll let you know when the house is ready!"[break][break]

With that, Amor was gone. However, before he left, there was an offer in his wake. Were Isaac to need anything, he'd simply need to come to Amor. He looked at the booze-soaked hooligan, surrounded by friends both intimidated and incensed alike. He looked at Amor's butler, steadying him with effortless poise. He looked at the door as it swung shut behind them, Amor further away each time it swung back open.[break][break]

And then, before he realized it, he was on the move.[break][break]

"Hey!" he called, trying to get his attention before he was gone for the night. Luckily, as an adept crowd-weaver, Isaac was more than capable of dipping, ducking, diving, and dodging around the Ritual's would-be patrons. Soon, Amor was in sight, Isaac briefly falling in step with the other man. "I know I don't have a ton to bring to the table compared to you. But, hey. If you need anything. you can always come to me, alright?" Compared to Amor's offer, it felt so small, so silly, so meaningless in the grand scheme of the universe. But, damnit. It just wouldn't sit well with Isaac not to return the favor![break][break]

"Sleep well, okay? And I'm glad I met you, too." With that, Isaac faded back into the crowd. Were Amor not sobered up from his little ride on the vomit comet, he may have thought this little encounter was just an absinthe-borne hallucination.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]