1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 8:48:12 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Kyle, hi!" Callan waved, entering into the doors of the gym leader's battlefield. Callan had some difficulty with scheduling, but that was more so the inflexibility of their work. Still, this was something he was looking forward to, it was the first time he'd been able to actually meet up with the man one to one. Something he hoped would be less formal in the future.

"Thanks for taking the time to doing my gym challenge." Callan smiled, moving towards the center and extending a hand for a shake. "How've you been recently?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 7:09:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the room presented had bright lights in the middle, with a battlefield bordered by led lights. everything sparkled like an arcade center that somehow mixes the dark, gloomy atmosphere of the basement with the loud, bright lights of city nights.

on the corner of a room was a tv screen that illuminated the silhouette of the champion. it shows a pause screen of a game before the leader of the gym turns from his sitting position to meet the visitor.

"oh hey, you're here," he greets. he stretches and lays on his back from sitting on the floor, and then points at the button on one side of the field right in front of a large screen. "you can press that for the challenge, yeah, unless you're going vanilla."

kyle stands up at this point.

"but yeah, i'm good. challenges are nice. they're a good excuse to keep me off ever grande or slateport."

(subject to change)

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 5:18:14 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Oh, sure thing." Callan moved towards the button and presses on it. "It's been a while since I last made a non-traditional challenge." He clicks the center of the red button, and awaits Kyle's response.

"I take it the meteor not squashing the rest of Hoenn has added to your workload?" He smiled, "Thanks for looking over my gym changes as well. Not sure if Dahlia would have approved it without your input."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 3:03:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"eh, don't worry about it. that's part of the job description," kyle responds, minimalizing the compliments.

kyle looks at the screen as callan pushes the button. the screen lights up. comical whirring sounds appear as the roulette appears on the large monitor, with multiple challenges being listed on it.

"but yeah, the meteor stuff just gets pushed off to gym leaders and the public safety department. they just pushed the behind-the-scenes of the gym stuff at me to make room for those in their schedules, i think."

the result appears on the screen as the roulette stops moving.

78XkwA63
21-30 > disables two pokemon from each bench [GL rolls]

kyle cannot use rotom-w and pachirisu
callan cannot use cinderace and lilligant

(subject to change)

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 7:29:35 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The screen whirs to life as Callan observes. Having his Cinderace and his Lilligant locked from play was unfortunate, but thankfully, not a significant setback. He just had to adjust his strategy on the spot. "Great, I'll send out my first Pokemon then." Callan begins, as he launches out his Slaking on the field.

Enma's red, illumina fur shone brightly as illumina energy swirled around it like a cloak. It would be apparent that this was no standard Slaking to Kyle. "Enma, AMNESIA." Callan stated.

The Slaking grunted, fundamentally cutting off parts of its processing to momentarily ignore pain and improve its mental fortitude and forgetting past trauma, granting boosted Special Defense.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 16:29:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, there goes two of my favorites."

two pivots that make a great cornerstone of a team has been taken out by his own rules. he's left with those that were meant to be supported, which kyle now has to work around with.

exercising flexibility is the fun of it, he supposed.

kyle throws out his heliolisk on the field against the slaking. with amnesia in play, kyle feels pretty safe with his choice, especially in the face of a slaking.

"bulldoze."

the heliolisk leaps and pounds the ground with its weight, shaking the floor as it tries to keep the floor unsteady. the gym's floors has been outfitted to withstand ground-type moves anyways, given that they'd be commonplace against electric-types.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 12:28:00 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The BULLDOZE connects, dropping the speed of the Slaking, the ground shakes and it shatters the DISGUISE, a barrier which ensorcelled the Slaking with Illumina energy splinters into hexagonal dust as it BULKS UP in response. it's speed would diminish, but it'd allow for Callan's Slaking to strike that much harder, and weather blows.

Reference

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trainer hill | gym
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 18:35:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh." something weird happens. "ooooh..."

with the slaking acting again, it just exemplifies the reality that there will be pokemon on hoenn that differs from the norm. as far as he knows, the only way a slaking can take its ability off without outside help was by glowing really hard with illuminate, or from those weird potions that circulated hoenn a while back.

"you had it drink one of those potions, right?" kyle asks, eyes widening with curiosity. "i didn't test it out since i thought it was dubious. huh? so they really do as advertised."

he folds his arms as he digests the newfound knowledge. "volt switch," he mutters.

the pokemon charges its electricity before firing it off at its opponent. an eelektross would take its place should it manage to find its target.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights