TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 13:03:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

it was sterile. a new home, bare of décor, and perhaps it would stay that way, lifeless and hollow except for the two of them. she had not guessed that they would spend so much time here. she had assumed they would all fail to stop the meteor. that everyone would die, and that hoenn would be destroyed, along with their new house.[break][break]
she hadn’t shared such doubts with anyone but theo, and even then, it had only been implied in the timing of her request to move in together. her work had continued because it was as natural as breathing. she wasn’t capable of just putting it down and panicking, or even saying goodbye.[break][break]
there was a strange sort of emptiness in realizing that such a life was still going to continue, after she’d silently accepted it would be over. what she’d learned about herself in preparation for death had been meant for the end. it hadn’t come; however, she’d still lost something. a particularly raging fire, fallen over an event horizon.[break][break]
on the outside, during the day, she’d been mostly herself. she had lost none of her sharpness, her ability to lead, or the aggressiveness in her pursuit of answers and what she had for so long deemed solutions.[break][break]
but theo would have likely noticed that something had changed, if he’d paid attention. at night, she was distant, depressed maybe. she stood out in the snow sometimes, letting cigarettes burn down as though she couldn’t feel time passing. inside, things were turning. rewiring. adapting.[break][break]
that evening, in the midst of holidays barely mentioned, she sat at the table instead of working in the basement. an untouched tequila swiveled against wood, empty eyes watching the gravity wave rotate.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 16:23:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

theo had noticed, though he never brought it up. he isn't the best at communication, especially not initiating it when he's not sure if there even is an issue. his indifference, however much faded, still persists in some aspects of his life.[break][break]

the front door shuts behind him.[break][break]

footsteps announce his approach as he makes his way into the kitchen. his eyes widen in slight surprise at the sight of her at the table.[break][break]

"i thought you would've been working."[break][break]

he walks over and joins her.[break][break]

"how are you?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-naganadel"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 8:32:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she looked just as surprised to see him. perhaps it was being roused from her thoughts, or the fact that, typically, she wouldn’t appear until much later in the evening, where on many a waning night, she would join him until he fell asleep. until he began to dream, and became all too tempting, and she returned to her work once more.[break][break]
this was not like most nights. she’d been waiting for him.[break][break]
”i needed a break.”[break][break]
it was something she’d never admitted, at least not in the time that he’d known her; but this break was more than what she might otherwise consider self-indulgent behavior. it was more literal. something big had ended, and she was lingering in the liminal space between it and the next big beginning.[break][break]
”i’m… alive.” she gazed at him, the sheen of pensiveness in amber eyes fading. the glass in her hand stopped rotating, the whole of its bottom edge sitting flush against the table once more.[break][break]
”and so are you. isn’t that something?”

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 9:08:28 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

a break? consider him fully surprised.[break][break]

he reaches the table only to realize he doesn't have a drink. he turns then to round the counter to their many cabinets, the majority of which remain empty.[break][break]

"i suppose so, yes. i'm glad we both are."[break][break]

finding a glass, he pours himself tequila.[break][break]

"were you expecting us not to be?"

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 9:10:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she was quiet. her eyes dropped away again, and back to her tequila. finally, she took a small sip, and eventually, it might be clear that his question wasn’t going to receive an answer. [break][break]
”that day changed the way i’ve been thinking about things,” she finally offered instead.[break][break]
another moment of silent thought was then followed by a fairly uncommon question, ”how are you?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 9:26:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

her question is a common one made uncommon from the infrequency of which he has heard it from her. yet another thing that adds to his surprise. such an interesting evening this is turning out to be.[break][break]

"i've been fine. busy, but fine."[break][break]

he sits.[break][break]

"we lost a number of personnel so i've been occupied with that. there have been promotions, too, for those that stood out."[break][break]

after a sip of his tequila, he circles back to what she had said earlier.[break][break]

"what changed?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 10:19:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

fine was good, she supposed. good enough for her.[break][break]
”hm.”[break][break]
and they were always losing people. that came with the territory. was the indifference cruel? maybe, but breath was wasted on the dead.[break][break]
”i hope they fill their positions well.”[break][break]
he posed the predictable question, but again, she was slow to answer. she wasn’t really used to explaining her feelings—not like this, at least. she had other ways of expressing herself. perhaps infamously so.[break][break]
”i was really angry.” a pause. ”i still am.”[break][break]
her glass swirled again.[break][break]
”but before, i allowed my anger to be the driving force of my progress. it was blinding. i suppose, i feel as though i'm seeing things more clearly, now.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 11:54:51 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he bites down an "i know," or a "i figured as much," when she remarks that she was and still is angry. the plastic chair being thrown at him had been enough of an indicator, one he would rather not relive.[break][break]

his comments are drowned under a sip of tequila.[break][break]

"anger can be an incredibly powerful motivator."[break][break]

he nods.[break][break]

"i used it often back in kanto. i'd argue it's one of the main reasons why i survived."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 2:14:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

theo certainly had plenty to be angry about. she knew that much; but he was so calm, and collected. she had never once seen him outwardly enraged. not even close. in fact, she’d hardly seen him reveal more than an ounce of irritation, and she could count the instances on one hand.[break][break]
it was weird. perhaps they balanced each other in a way. or maybe she was just batshit, and theo was just dead inside.[break][break]
”but you don’t operate like that anymore.” she paused, and then ammended, ”or at least, you don’t seem to.”[break][break]
was she wrong? space was left for correction.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 7:23:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

lulu isn't wrong, so no correction comes. rather, an explanation, one he only now realizes he must have never shared with her.[break][break]

"no, i haven't for a long time. somewhere along the way, it became easier to simply not feel."[break][break]

even after many attempts at reflecting, he's unsure when exactly it had happened. perhaps there was no tipping point. perhaps it had been the next step in his descent.[break][break]

"but i felt it again recently. on meteno, when i saw ."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 8:41:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

to not feel at all was something she could not fathom ever achieving, as appealing as the idea was to her. it was part of what she admired about theo. it also made her wonder if he could feel love, then. sometimes he convinced her, but most of the time, she figured she was just playing pretend with him. and that was okay. it was perfect, even, most of the time.[break][break]
but then he said that, and tonight, it made her feel less cold. less forsaken. though skeptical, in the comfort of their new dollhouse, she decided to get closer, as though this confession were the warmth of a fireplace. a gift for the holidays.[break][break]
”oh.”[break][break]
she tapped her glass lightly, before taking a tentative, thoughtful sip. then she asked, ”because of me?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 10:23:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the way she moves closer is not lost on him. he finds himself gravitating towards her as well, almost protectively. instinctively.[break][break]

"because of what he did to you."[break][break]

his head dips in a nod, admitting:[break][break]

"but, yes."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 12:07:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she gazed at him, briefly quiet. absorbing, before she went on to share.[break][break]
”there was a reason i didn’t try to kill him, before.” why she’d simply robbed him half-blind instead.[break][break]
”i wanted to destroy everything he held dear.” law and order. society. the machine. ”and i wanted him to watch it happen.”[break][break]
but such were big things for anyone to tear down, and she had guarded such goals as a dark secret behind lock and key, for they would have surely put her away otherwise.[break][break]
it had been pure, unbridled rage to inspire such ideas. his so-dubbed incredibly powerful motivator. indeed it was.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 4:09:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i see."[break][break]

no surprise comes from him this time. he had assumed as much when she took an eye but not his life.[break][break]

"i don't think i've ever felt anger to that extent but i understand."[break][break]

his glass lifts only for him to realize it's now empty. he sets it back down for now.[break][break]

"is that still something you want?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
eclipse
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 4:50:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she had to really consider it, gaze dropping to the table as she fell into her thoughts. waking dreams. all that called, perhaps like a siren in dark waters no less dangerous than what she’d been wading into before.[break][break]
”well, yes; but i've realized it's quite an undertaking when there are so many other things to be done.” her eyes returned to him. ”i think i’d rather him just be dead.”[break][break]
because in the grand scheme of her growing plans, he was no longer worth so much time and energy.[break][break]
”so thanks for trying.”