[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[attr="class","hanahold"]
[attr="class","hanaunder"]
[attr="class","hanalyrics"]up the ladder
[attr="class","hanadisappear"]
[attr="class","hanalyrics2"]rustboro
[attr="class","hanaflavourtext"]❝呼べよ、花の名前を❞

[attr="class","hanatext"]"Watch your step..." Her voice is rather quiet this morning, barely audible over the creaking of the ladder that she uses to climb up into the attic.

Sunlight streams from a glassy rooftop, fragile vines creeping their way across the window frames and decorating them with beautiful morning glories. Lined neatly upon the rare few shelves are several books on botany and topography, little notes carefully tagged on the top in a cascading rainbow. And spread across the small coffee table is an open notebook and several leaves in small bottles, a chipped pencil that once rested on a half-written paragraph now being spun around by a rather bored Mimikyu.

"Go ahead and make yourself comfortable..."

Pushed straight to the corner of the room is her bed, a simple white blanket folded across without a crease - Save for that one spot where Rubia sits and watches. Lilith shuffles over without a sound, kneeling down to pull a box from underneath and pulling out a few chipped mugs.

"Tea or juice?"
[attr="class","hanatags"]
𝄞

[googlefont=Cedarville+Cursive][googlefont=Roboto+Condensed][googlefont=Roboto+Slab][googlefont=Noto+Serif+JP][newclass=.hanahold]position:relative;height:400px;width:210px;border:15px solid #232425;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics]writing-mode:vertical-rl;transform: scale(-1, -1);text-align:right;height:250px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-right:5px;font-family:Cedarville Cursive;font-size:25px;color:#000;margin:0px 250px 0px 0px[/newclass][newclass=.hanadisappear]width:210px;height:400px;opacity:0;transition: 1s ease;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/BEjLpkc.jpg);position:absolute;top:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanadisappear:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaunder]width:210px;height:400px;position:absolute;top:0;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/y6DvO7E.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics2]padding:5px;font-family:courier new;font-size:14px;color:#000;margin:375px 0px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaflavourtext]font-family:Noto Serif JP[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext]text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext a]font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#9983a0;border-left:solid 2px #ffffff;border-right:solid 2px #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#9983a0;border-left:1px solid #9983a0;border-right:1px solid #9983a0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags]text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags a]text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#2b2b2b;border:solid 5px #585858;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
my howling heart is yours
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
don't dry with fakes or fears, 'cause you will hate yourself in the end
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 22:01:41 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[newclass=.avatar]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avatar img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","toshiaki"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

Before, hidden spots like this used to fascinate Toshiaki. He was a free-spirited boy who dreamed of getting out of the stuffy mansion lifestyle and living somewhere else, like a treehouse or a hideaway cavern. This nook of hers isn’t anything fancy or special, yet he can tell it’s a place of importance to her. Decorated to her liking, allowed freely within it, Toshiaki knew she wasn’t very social so just being here was a testament to their bond. Now they're here a year later, just like last winter. He’s glad they’re friends again. [break][break]
Being tall as he is he cautiously watches his step inside the cramped attic, careful not to hit his head. He makes himself comfortable where he can and cocks his head curiously at the chipped mugs. Jeez, it’s like he’s in one of those Christmas drama movies focused on poverty. But he keeps those silly thoughts to himself. [break][break]
“Uh, tea. WAIT NO! Juice!” He raises his hand like an eager school child and grins. “Thanks for invitin’ me over Lils. I like what you’ve done with the place!”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagged"]#

[attr="class","pokebody"]

[newclass=".toshiaki"]--accent:#dcb37d;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background:#181818;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .top"]background: url(https://i.ibb.co/NKHtfxr/image.png); height:360px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main"]border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:30px; padding:30px 50px; color:#eee; font:11px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .toshiaki .main i { color:var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main .avatar"]float:left; border: solid 9px #272727; background:#272727; border-radius: 3px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding:5px 10px; text-align:right; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged"]float:left; font:bold 20px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; color:#181818; position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged span"]text-decoration:none; color:#181818!important; font:20px 'Poppins'!important; font-style:italic!important; transition:0.3s all; letter-spacing:-2px!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; font-weight:500!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged span:hover"]text-decoration:underline solid; color:#fff; transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .pokebody img"]height:35px; background:rgba(250,250,250,0.2); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:8px; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:400,500,600,700]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
Brighter than tomorrow and yesterday
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 23:01:24 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar
[attr="class","hanapoke"]

[attr="class","hanatext"]Turning around for a brief moment, Lilith gently bops 's head with the bottom of the mug. Then she shuffles away to the small fridge in the other corner of her room, rinsing the mugs out before pouring out two cups of juice.

"I'm not broke. I just don't see why I should throw these out when they're still usable." She sighs, returning to hand Toshiaki his cup before gracefully lowering herself to the floor and crossing her legs. "It's not a lot, but there's space for the stuff I need and enough leftover for me to put stuff I want."

She nearly blows on the surface of the juice but stops as soon as she remembers and quietly takes a sip.

"And you would have bothered me about coming over at some point. So I figured it'd be easier to get it out of the way while I had the chance to."
𝄞

[googlefont=Cedarville+Cursive][googlefont=Roboto+Condensed][googlefont=Roboto+Slab][googlefont=Noto+Serif+JP][newclass=.hanahold]position:relative;height:400px;width:210px;border:15px solid #232425;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics]writing-mode:vertical-rl;transform: scale(-1, -1);text-align:right;height:250px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-right:5px;font-family:Cedarville Cursive;font-size:25px;color:#000;margin:0px 250px 0px 0px[/newclass][newclass=.hanadisappear]width:210px;height:400px;opacity:0;transition: 1s ease;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/BEjLpkc.jpg);position:absolute;top:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaunder]width:210px;height:400px;position:absolute;top:0;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/y6DvO7E.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics2]padding:5px;font-family:courier new;font-size:14px;color:#000;margin:375px 0px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext]text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext a]font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#9983a0;border-left:solid 2px #ffffff;border-right:solid 2px #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#9983a0;border-left:1px solid #9983a0;border-right:1px solid #9983a0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags]text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;color:#cfcfcf[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags a]text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#2b2b2b;border:solid 5px #585858;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 1:43:21 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[newclass=.avatar]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avatar img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

The bop to his head doesn’t hurt. Really, it makes him want to chuckle more than anything but he refrains. Grinning ear to ear, Toshiaki happily accepts his juice and turns his attention back to Lilith. He still gazes around the room here and there.[break][break]
“If it’s good for you then it’s good for me. No worries, Lils. I only wanted to come over to make sure you were safe and comfortable.” He takes a sip of his juice. Ah, refreshing. [break][break]
“And if you are? Then I'm content!”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagged"]#

[newclass=".toshiaki"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background:#181818;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .top"]background: url(https://i.ibb.co/NKHtfxr/image.png); height:360px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main"]border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:30px; padding:30px 50px; color:#eee; font:11px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .toshiaki .main i { color:var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main .avatar"]float:left; border: solid 9px #272727; background:#272727; border-radius: 3px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding:5px 10px; text-align:right; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged"]float:left; font:bold 20px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; color:#181818; position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged span"]text-decoration:none; color:#181818!important; font:20px 'Poppins'!important; font-style:italic!important; transition:0.3s all; letter-spacing:-2px!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; font-weight:500!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged span:hover"]text-decoration:underline solid; color:#fff; transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .pokebody img"]height:35px; background:rgba(250,250,250,0.2); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:8px; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 7:12:22 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]Now, there are two problems to that statement he makes so casually. Sure, she is comfortable but safe? That's a little debatable considering how some strange amateur in a ninja disguise had been trying to run her down the city streets.

Secondly, why does he care if she's any of the above? Honestly, he should be worrying more about himself, especially if his own home is still in a mess. Speaking of which -

"Have you figured how to cook yet?" The question is lobbed from the left field, almost as if she's trying to change the subject. But really, she just has far too many thoughts in her head to organise a proper conversation. Perhaps, years of being on the run has dulled her senses for pointless small talk.

"Stew can be a pretty good starting point for beginners..."
𝄞

close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 7:56:17 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

If by cooking she means figuring out how to use the rice cooker properly then yes— he’s become more independent. Same for cleaning the lint trap in the dryer. Crisis avoided!Still, the topic change comes out of nowhere and takes him off guard.[break][break]
Toshiaki sets his chipped mug on the table, a bit flustered. “I’ve been cooking more. But nothing crazy homemade wise. Just steamed rice and vegetables, mostly. Oh! Meat too.” He doesn’t rely heavily on take-out food as he once did in the past. Which is good, or his athletic trainer would have a fit. [break][break]
“Really? Do you have any stew recipes?”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagged"]#

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 15:37:44 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]'Just' steamed rice and vegetables is more than enough of an improvement for her. That much is made clear with the quiet nod she gives, even with her gaze still stuck to the rims of her mug. Or is she agreeing to the whole question of whether she has any stew recipes?

It can probably count for both, she reckons.

"Mmm... Well... I have one for cawl. It takes a while to cook but it's simple enough to prepare..." Gripping the handle of her mug a little tighter, Lilith watches how the juice sloshes on the sides as she gently swirls it. "I usually go by estimation, but I can probably write the recipe down somewhere..."

She stops, looking back up and letting her gaze wander towards her table for a moment. Then she pushes herself to her feet, carefully balancing her cup in one hand as she shuffles on closer. Hex doesn't seem too concerned at the moment, the seams of his costume swishing quietly against the open book whilst his pencil clicks and clacks against the desk.

And all might seem well, if only she hadn't held her hand out expectantly before the ghostly gremlin.

The Mimikyu stares back, still as a rock as his little shadows grip onto the pencil. Tighter and tighter, his hold grows stronger as he begins to shake his head vigorously, letting out the beginnings of a rather strained screech -

"You can have the paper instead."

Everything stops abruptly, the Mimikyu slowing to a halt as his head lops crooked to one side. Then he slaps the pencil right into her grasp, his entire being quaking as he hops off the coffee table and bolts underneath her bed with a cackle. All that's left is Lilith gingerly flexing and relaxing her fingers as she takes a long sip of her juice.

"Bubbe's really a saint compared to him."
𝄞

close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 21:06:15 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

The childish outburst from the Mimikyu is unexpected, but Toshiaki doesn’t really mind. He has his handful of hyperactive, difficult Pokémon after all. Bubbe, being a togekiss, just isn’t one of them. He chuckles slightly. [break][break]
“He could be way more destructive. I remember Peaches as a Yamper was—“[break][break]
In that moment, an emotion plays across his face. Guilt? Sadness? It’s hard to tell. His grimace fades and he manages to smile instead. [break][break]
“She used to leave streak marks from how fast she would run in the house and knock over all the trash cans.”[break][break]
When he feels tears threaten to drown his eyes, he wipes at them, prompting to look at his friend through a misty lens instead. [break][break]
“Uh, right. That curry recipe? I bet it’s good. I can’t wait to try it.” [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagged"]#

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 14:06:10 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]Peaches. She doesn't remember ever hearing of such a Yamper. Then again, she has forgotten many details that she's deemed unnecessary to remember, especially when she doesn't expect to meet familiar faces in a new region.

But it upsets him, that much is clear. And he's trying his best to keep his tears in check, so she has to make a choice - Try to comfort him or do something that won't make him feel self-conscious about breaking down in front of her. Whatever it is she chooses to do, she has to tread carefully.

Placing her glass down, she reaches to take his hand.

"Actually... I can show you, if you'd like to help me prep it."

She's never been good at addressing emotional issues, so busying the mind is just about the near best choice that comes to mind. And if it makes him comfortable enough to talk about it, she'll welcome the discussion when it comes.

𝄞

close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
up the ladder || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 0:21:52 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

When Lilith takes his hand, he can’t help but squeeze it back gently in return, comforted by the touch of her skin.[break][break]
Home-cooked meals, huh? He’s nearly forgotten the taste of one. Always relying on the convenient store packages or the fast food runs. Curry and rice sounded delightful compared to all those processed nightmares he’s been eating lately.[break][break]
He holds back the rest of his tears and nods his head. “Yeah. I’d love to help you make it. Do you have everything we need here?” [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagged"]#

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights