awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 2:46:30 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The final month of the year had been a busy one. The fallout of the Meteno event left Hoenn reeling, and Oscar had stepped up to provide what support he could. Not because he cared, but because it looked good to help. Otherwise he had been preoccupied working on his pokepods and planning for the steps beyond their completion. He had precious little time for catching up with his friends, so when he found a narrow gap in his schedule Oscar decided to make use of it.

would be the lucky subject of today's visitation, as they had a great deal to discuss. It had been a very long time since they last spoke, which had to be right before the Cyberspace incident. With all of Oscar's newest developments gaining steam, he believed it would be a good idea to exchange notes with his dear research comrade. 

It took a bit of wondering, but Oscar was eventually directed toward the lab Lulu was occupying. Her research facility needed more maps, he would be sure to bring that up in their conversation. Upon approaching the lab's door, Oscar knocked loudly before carefully entering.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 9:18:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the knock on the door would be followed by its opening by someone unseen. oscar recieved a quick look from the head scientist hiding behind something reminiscent of an MRI machine.[break][break]

there were few who could have drawn her attention away from her work so effectively. despite being deeply immersed in what she was doing, it only took that brief glance up at oscar's face, and the screwdriver in her hand was promptly set aside. she acknowledged him with a pleasant smile.[break][break]

"oscar! come in. how are you?"
[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-porygon"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 21:35:27 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Upon being greeted, Oscar would enter causally. He stepped forward, his arms flourishing to gesture toward himself. "I'm doing pretty well actually. Um--better than normal anyway." As Oscar approached Lulu's machine, he would stand a respectful distance and whistle.

"I can see you're hard at work. What is this, a computer?"

If it was Oscar needed to get himself once of these, this thing looked tricked out as hell. Oscar leaned against a nearby desk, folding his arms as he waited for an answer. 
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 12:14:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”very good to hear.”[break][break]

she stepped away from the machine, smoothing wrinkles in her lab coat from the awkward position she’d been situated in for the last hour. with a smile, she introduced rather simply, ”it’s a dream machine.”[break][break]

it was presented with a wave of her hand.[break][break]

”have a look, if you like.”[break][break]

the inner workings indeed looked much like a computer, with a few extra parts where the real magic happened.[break][break]

”it's meant to contain dreams. to decipher their language, and create a link to the interdream zone.”

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 1:22:12 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar blinked rapidly, Lulu's answer was unexpected. However he soon smiled and nodded, "Neat! Does it work?" Oscar ran over to the machine and began circling it. "I've been having nightmares with a lot of blinking eyes since October. I bet this thing would find them very tasty." Oscar chuckled, amused by the idea of finally ending his torment.

He looked to Lulu and clapped his hands together, "A demonstration is in order! I simply must understand how you've made this device! Or at least where you are now in the development process." Oscar had never thought of dreams as an option to traverse dimensions; that's why Lulu was the head scientist he supposed.

Oscar rested his hands on his hips, waiting patiently for Lulu to show and tell.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 20:06:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”blinking eyes?”[break][break]

a pause, before it hit her. of course. ”the unown. ah.”[break][break]

the realization spurred a thought. ”i’ve wondered before if they have some connection to the interdream zone, after the events at mossdeep space center during the litleonid shower.” the unown had appeared along with the dream mist. were they infiltrating the sleeping minds of the hoennians they meant to spy on? ”perhaps there’s something to it after all.”[break][break]

her attention fell back onto the machine with a smile, proud of this work. it had been kept under wraps for some time, and fallen to the back burner. now, with meteno behind them, more focus was spent on it again.[break][break]

”the machine itself isn’t quite finished, but i’m getting close. once it’s complete, all that will be left is to fill it with dreams.”[break][break]

she looked over. ”i’m in the process of developing a new patch for porygon-z, that will allow it to obtain dream data in a transferrable format. once a database is built, we’ll be able to plug into the interactive environment comprised of those dreams. an artificial interdream zone.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 21:41:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The unknown--Oscar never made the connection before but it made sense. After all, the last place he had seen these eyes in person was a realm dedicated to Arceus. Oscar shivered, "I was hoping the machine would eat the dreams, I don't wanna go there." Oscar chuckled, pretending that the idea of visiting his nightmares in person was not terrifying.

Oscar's demeanor then became much more serious, his examination of the machine becoming more careful with a vague sense of reverence. "Do you have any ideas on how to get into these data worlds once the database is built?" He straightened his posture, sliding his hands behind his back as he circled the machine. "I admit that I have had something of a wanderlust lately. Ever since the Cyber World incident, I have been very curious about the dimensions outside of our own."

Oscar raised a finger to his chin, seemingly staring into space as he pondered aloud his inner thoughts. "To gain control of this world is one thing, but to dominate all others? Surely that is a goal worthy of Rocket's time."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 0:55:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

would the nightmares be taken too? contained, perhaps, separately… or would they fit together, somehow? it was yet to be determined. either way, ”you won’t have to.” a small smile. ”others willing to venture into that environment will do so instead.” like herself.[break][break]

”it will share some similarities with our training program. something like virtual reality, but taken a step or two further.” a difficult concept to explain. she suspected it might be something like the cloud, even. if only she could have a look into the workings of it…[break][break]

about conquering other worlds, she had to smirk a little. the day she’d received darkrai’s gift, she had tried to reason with that they should turn their sights on worlds beyond. greater gains. it was only recently, however, that such a future seemed truly, reasonably within reach. now, others were pointing it out.[break][break]

it was utterly satisfying. validating.[break][break]

”surely.” a pause, as she absorbed the moment.[break][break]

”i can relate to your wanderlust,” she then admitted. ”ever since i took an interest in porygon, i have wondered about the possibility of traveling to a tangible cyberspace. harnessing a dependable means of dimensional travel has been at the top of my priorities since the war.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 13:53:15 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar tapped his jaw with his fingers, pondering the possibility of mastering cyberspace travel. "Well if the dark triad can do it why can't we?" Oscar shrugged, very slowly pacing as he thought out loud. "I mean these fuckers are on their high horses because they have it all figured out, but if we can learn some of their tricks maybe they won't be such a threat."

The dark triad puzzled Oscar, as unlike the megalopolans they could actually back up their insufferable posturing. He felt the same disdain for them that he felt for the likes of Necrozma and Kyurem, feelings that Oscar once again shared.

"They're one and the same with the other apocalyptic threats just outside of our view. Situations we cannot hope to defend ourselves against without great sacrifice." Having made his way a good distance from Lulu by now, Oscar would quickly turn displaying a familiar grin. It was that same look he had when he first pitched to her the Infinity Generator; a manic look of demented joy. "I think--better yet--we deserve to have tricks of our own!"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 10:33:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she nodded, following, watching him pace and eager to hear what it was he was getting to. he’d come here for a reason, after all. an idea. she could see it in the enthusiasm.[break][break]
great sacrifice? it was an intriguing word choice.[break][break]
”i agree.”[break][break]
of course, minus whatever sacrifice she wasn’t yet clear on. they were like-minded, though. of all those in rocket, she was more inclined to believe what oscar said was truly worth investing in, while the rest focused more on narrower visions of worldly takeover.[break][break]
it was another reason her own excitement persisted, despite discoveries made regarding the generator during her conversation with .[break][break]
”what’ve you got up your sleeve, then?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 18:32:17 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar's face slacked into placidity. This was always a good sign, it meant that he was cutting to the chase. No more teasing or theorizing, just straight talking plans. 

"I've nearly mastered Infinity Energy. The pokepods are finished, I've successfully been able to draw the living energy out of pokemon and use that energy to power machines. The megalopolans of another dimension used this technology to create a fake sun, powering their world. Great idea, but I struggle to find the use of a fake sun on our world. However, by simply adding an opening to their towering monoliths, I believe we can harness the same amount of Infinity Energy as a weapon! A weapon that can fight back against the dark triad, the league, and any pokemon that endangers humanity."

Oscar folded his arms, sighing as he remembered to talk logistics. "It's a massive idea of course, it would be immensely hard to hide such a project as it was being developed. Then I would have to consider the physics and whether or not Infinity Energy is enough to create the impact I imagine. That's why I'm studying the other forms of energy as well. I believe the key lies in combining them into one force."

Oscar groaned, "But it's all going so slow! I can't even find a shred of Dyna energy in Hoenn, and Primal energy is impossibly rare! Ugh, it's so much easier to look at one fragment of a puzzle, once you try to put all of the pieces together it becomes a mess."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 5:15:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

a weapon. hardly an unfamiliar venture to the head scientist, although, in her time with rocket, she had opted to put the guns and bombs down in favor of pokemon. however, harnessing and weaponizing the very power of life itself was another idea entirely.[break][break]
predictably, she was all ears.[break][break]
oscar seemed fair in predicting that hiding an extra sun in hoenn might be difficult. she nodded quietly. and then, it all started to come together. why the sudden collaboration with . why he was in possession of their generators.[break][break]
”this is all very exciting.”[break][break]
she paused, something in her face faltering in a way he hadn’t seen from her before.[break][break]
”i met with , recently.” and she would soon be visiting his own facility. ”i offered him my help. or, my advice at least, on his plans.”[break][break]
”do you trust him?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 21:27:53 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"Yep!"

There was no hesitation within Oscar's statement, he truly did trust Amor. Oscar would quickly begin elaborating, "Amor has proven himself to be a loyal and useful ally. His initial loyalty to the League was a minor barrier, but once that waned I seized the opportunity to recruit him. I believe that he will be a powerful asset to Rocket--though I fear he may have anger issues. Nothing a little therapy can't solve."

Oscar nodded confidently, "Yes I trust him, and if he shows that trusting him was a mistake then I will correct it personally. The usual cycle of things." Oscar seemed so nonchalant toward the ways of Rocket; as a long time member the organization's violent code seemed like just a quirky tradition.

Oscar returned to Lulu's machine, taking a closer look as he addressed Lulu once more. "I want to know more about your dream research. What have you learned so far?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 10:10:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

therapy. she made no comment. how many of them might truly benefit from such services? all of them? but who cared? no one had time for that, not with the world always ending like it was.[break][break]
”that’s good to hear,” she replied with a nod. she would form her own judgment of over time, but to have oscar's support was significant.[break][break]
”i’ve learned that dreams can be manipulated, through controlling doses of dream mist both from munna and darkrai—which i believe will be useful, should we eventually wind up in the real interdream zone.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Beyond the Veil [C]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 21:20:45 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"The real interdream zone." Oscar repeated, stroking his chin. To traverse such a place physically, was it even possible? Perhaps it was not their physical body, but their consciousness that will travel through this forbidden realm. Oscar continued to massage his chin as he asked further inquiries.

"The porygonz you have patched, have they reacted to the dream data in any noticeable way? I wonder if it will have some sort of effect on them." Oscar's eyes seemed to zone out toward nothing, as the inner machinations of his mind began to churn out horrible possibilities. While most would react to these invasive thoughts with horror, Oscar would seem them as an opportunity.

"Do you think a human consciousness can be turned into data?"