snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 5:15:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the ground shifts. groaning, it stirs with newfound life.

and as the fully bloomed gracidea flower dances from her touch, the petals almost seem to wink. more flowers, of different colors and species, burst up around her.

dirt moves with the gentle rumble. where one would expect an explosion of sorts, there is none... only flowers and a curious stone.

it seems to clean itself, stray specks of dirt crumbling off each curve until it's pristine and untouched.

only when all has settled does she step closer, crouching to inspect the stone.

"was that supposed to happen?"

she asks of the flower, the dirt, the stone, and yet of nothing at all.

shaymin.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 1:13:40 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

BEFORE YOU, THE STONE LAYS BARE. However, if you were to look closely, you would begin to see the words beginning to etch themselves on the top of the stone. As morsels of stone fall from its pristine face to reveal a simple command:[break]

TO WHOM ARE YOU THANKFUL?

Flowers begin to visibly grow around the rock, curling gently like affectionate bracelets. They curve toward the rock face like arrows.

OBJECTIVE:

STONE WRITING

write a post that has your trainer inscribing the NAME of a character they are thankful to. You may tag another player character, or a significant NPC. Afterward, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

will respond with another MOD POST detailing what happens next alongside your next step.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 1:41:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]before her eyes, the stone seems to vibrate with life. imaginary hands carve into stone. a soft cascade of rock morsels fall victim to gravity's hold with each stroke of a letter.

until... it forms a single question.

to whom are you thankful?

she blinks. the question processes once, twice, thrice until names and faces and too many memories threaten to overwhelm her.

and with shaky hands, she sorts through for an answer:

is the first name to pair with a face. there's a fondness that's quick to cling to his memory, existing in a fuzziness she can't deny. and despite wanting to exist in that realm of grateful love a little longer, his face fades. shifted out for another...

comes next. a rush of sadness accompanies the familiar green hair. despite herself and how many times his warm memory has haunted her, she can't quite see his face. it's eroded, written over by too much time passing. and while she'll always be grateful for him, it doesn't change a thing.

green hair fades into black as 's face rises. bitterness now resides where love once lingered. and her side aches from a scarred over wound, mirroring a slowly mending heart.

the features change until 's face is staring back at her. it's younger, reminiscent of a childhood shared together over triangle cut sandwiches and an innocence now lost.

and where jayden's face had been, a plethora of people now stand. the members of the league, new friends, even cherished pokemon...

somehow, none stay long.

the final face elicits a soft, startled sort of gasp out of the body.

they've stayed with her since the beginning. always there, persistent in the unwavering sort of faith placed in her. no matter what has happened. no matter what she's done. no matter what she will do.

she writes the name before even considering otherwise.

and when it stares up at her, there's a sad sort of fondness that comes and goes across the features.

shaymin.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 3:44:38 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

THE STONE ACCEPTS YOUR NAME(S). Suddenly, the wind billows around you, carrying with it, the softest spring scent. Petals are cradled in these gossamer gales. Colors swirl around, the displaced flowers like gentle jewels painted by nature's own brush.[break]

The GRACIDEA FLOWER is uprooted. Gently. It beckons for you to take it carefully within your hands. As soon as you do, a path of flowers erupts from the stone's northern face. It extends far and into the air. A magical bridge connects Hoenn to a fantastical place hidden by the power of canonized gratitude.

Follow the bridge. Quickly, before it disappears underneath your feet.

OBJECTIVE:

THE FLOWER PATH

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using A SPEED STAT BOOSTING MOVE to help their trainer keep on the flowering path. after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

will respond with another MOD POST detailing what happens next alongside your next step.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 2:19:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the stone accepts what she's written. there's a soft acceptance of her own, then, as if it's a truth she's been hiding from.

it fades with a gust of wind, sweeping up through her hair and away into the clouds. all that remains now are petals, stray strands of white, and a refocusing mind.

the gracidea flower she had planted is uprooted. swept off its feet by the sheer force of wind. and yet, it waits for her. patiently, as if it has all the time in the world.

she takes it gently, fingers hesitant against soft petals.

several things happen in sequence, then: flowers continuing to blossom out of nowhere, a path being carved out of them, and a bridge leading up into the heavens.

and a sense of urgency follows. it prompts her to call out her beedrill, a quicker member of her extensive collection. they rush forward. the beedrill uses agility as she feels flowers begin to slip beneath her feet, fading out suddenly as if never existing at all.

with the burst of speed agility provides, they scramble up the flower bridge and beyond with a quickness she would not have found otherwise. perhaps she should write her beedrill's name on the stone as well when this is done.

shaymin.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 7:44:50 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

YOU FOLLOW THE FLORAL BRIDGE. With every step, the flowers spring out beneath you taking root in nothing but air. However, the garden trail behind you disappears. Flowers fade into green bokeh— perhaps, the residue of some fantastical grass-type energy. By the end of this seemingly endless trail, you find yourself seemingly high above the clouds. And in a secluded airborne island.

In its center, the island's field is filled with GRACIDEA FLOWERS, but there are stretches of dirt that are devoid of any plant. Any root. However, a couple shapes shift through the flowery abode.

OBJECTIVE:

STONE WRITING

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using ODOUR SLEUTH or SWEET SCENT to find the hidden Shaymin. You must also find the Shaymin in the image above. Once you have found it, please DM or PM on Discord or the Site with the location of the Shaymin.

Afterward, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 5:10:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]after a moment, sweet scent works as a beacon.

it draws out one shaymin and then another until there's a little cluster of grassy hedgehogs are all staring up at her. one in particular steps up, then, and her eyes focus in on its small face.

"hi there."

it squeaks, soft yet urgent.

and when its snout raises up toward the flower still gingerly held in her hands, understanding dawns with soft orange hues.

she shifts the flower into one palm and recalls her bulbababy back. in its place, a bibarel forms out of the releasing light.

the shaymin leads them with a quick pivot, weaving through flowers and dirt until it happens upon a stray plot. and as they still, the shaymin waits for her to re-plant the flower in the new soil.

"mind helping me plant this?"

her bibarel coos in a dumb yet cute sort of way before using rototiller to loosen the soil enough for her to re-plant the gracidea flower.

shaymin.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 6:39:56 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

A SMALL HEDGEHOG EMERGES FROM THE FLOWERS. Lured or identified by you and your Pokémon's efforts, a Shaymin graces you with its gentle presence. In fact, several Shaymin appear from the kaleidoscope of petals and stem; however, one seems to take the reins by trotting right up to your feet.

The Shaymin raises its snout to the UPROOTED GRACIDEA FLOWER in your hands. With a swift pivot, the Gratitude Pokémon leads you to a stretch of loamy soil. It appears as if the Shaymin wants you to re-plant your flower there...

OBJECTIVE:

TILL THE SOIL

write a post that has your trainer's Pokémon using ROTOTILLER to plant the Gracidea Flower.

Afterward, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 5:34:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]after a moment, sweet scent works as a beacon.

it draws out one shaymin and then another until there's a little cluster of grassy hedgehogs all staring up at her. one in particular steps up, then, and her eyes focus in on its small face.

"hi there."

it squeaks, soft yet urgent.

and when its snout raises up toward the flower still gingerly held in her hands, understanding dawns with soft orange hues.

she shifts the flower into one palm and recalls her bulbababy back. in its place, a bibarel forms out of the releasing light.

the shaymin leads them with a quick pivot, weaving through flowers and dirt until it happens upon a stray plot. and as they still, the shaymin waits for her to re-plant the flower in the new soil.

"mind helping me plant this?"

her bibarel coos in a dumb yet cute sort of way before using rototiller to loosen the soil enough for her to re-plant the gracidea flower.

shaymin.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 5:36:14 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

AS YOU PLANT YOUR GRACIDEA FLOWER, the soil takes the roots graciously. This burgeoning plot is adorned with more color. More life. Seeing that you have accomplished a job well done, the Shaymin faces you in gratitude— and in contest.

It's green grass-like fur bristles. The flowers on its body open more wide, revealing their deepest colors. You gain the sense that the Shaymin would like to battle you to see if you are worthy of its companionship. However, there is a caveat outlined by the other hedgehogs.

You must not damage the flowers. You must fight with grace and care— but this does not mean the Shaymin is an easy fight. Crying out, it fires a potent SEED FLARE at you, a shockwave of energy bursting from its small body and stopping right before the gracidea.

BATTLE SHAYMIN:

CAREFUL OF THE FLOWERS!

WITH EVERY POST, make a ROLL. you must hit or surpass a total of 100 to successfully battle the Shaymin without damaging the flowers. Afterward, you will be allowed to capture it!

Post in MODERATION REQUESTS once you have completed this step. will respond with another MOD POST detailing what happens next.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 4:26:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the soil accepts the offering of her gracidea flower, the shaymin... doesn't not quite seem to accept her as she is.

the grassy hedgehog turns to her with both appreciation and fire. it's an odd sort of look upon its little face, as if she's both a hero and a villain. fitting, perhaps.

all of the shaymin spread out among the flowers except this one. they form a small pattern, protective of the field they call home.

and in a way, she understands. it prompts her to recall her bibarel and release her signature golurk.

the discolored automaton towers over the little hedgehogs. and if it really wanted, it could just... stomp them out...

instead, it coos in greeting before seed flare fires off from the shaymin's side of the field. the automaton holds a clay hand up to shield both itself and illeana as she observes.

"phantom force."

the golurk slips into the shadows, then, and reappears right behind the shaymin. it does nothing more than reach a single arm out and knock the shaymin forward out of fear of hitting the flowers. this version of phantom force is held back in a way she recognizes: kind hesitation.

34oQnH0z
shaymin.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 4:29:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the shaymin lets out a loud squeak when it hits the ground. and despite herself, illeana almost calls off the fight.

a look of worry rises quickly, overtaking any determination to prove herself.

what good is acceptance or worthiness if you have to hurt others to get there?

she looks away as she speaks.

"again."

a wince is quick to follow. she hears her golurk disappear again with a soft rumble. it reappears in front of the shaymin as the hedgehog tries to shake dirt from its body. phantom force hits again, just as it had before, and the shaymin tumbles backward to its original spot.

F_ZzD66c
shaymin.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 4:33:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she can't watch much more of this.

each hit the shaymin takes elicits a squeak. her body begins to bleed healing mist subconsciously, as if spurred on by the shaymin's discomfort.

and as the grassy hedgehog stands up once more, it falters slightly. her expression cracks.

"please let this be the last one..."

her golurk rumbles a soft understanding. phantom force comes again from the shadows and it's the softest push of them all, barely knocking the shaymin off its feet.

softly, she repeats a single sentiment. over and over until she hopes forgiveness comes.

"i'm sorry."

AsiPVROg
shaymin.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 1:10:17 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

DESPITE THE FEROCITY OF YOUR BATTLE, the Gracidea remain intact. The flowers swing gently in the aftermath's breeze like waving spectators. Before you, the Shaymin brushes off the debris of your contest with little shakes. Its own flowers remain vibrant and open— symbolic of its acceptance of the bond shared between you and your Pokemon.

Behind you, the floral bridge begins to reform in the air. It spirals toward the earth like a spring wedding's garland, carrying with it the scent of fresh blooms. The petals seemingly face you, beckoning for you to return.

Similarly, the Shaymin awaits its capsule. Whether you decide to capture it here or on the ground is your choice.

CONGRATULATIONS!:

YOU DEFEATED LAND FORME SHAYMIN!

THE LAND FORME SHAYMIN is now able to be caught with one of your pokeballs. you may decide its moveset like a gachapon pokemon (e.g. 6 learnset moves) and add it to your PCs.

The Shaymin can not shift into its Sky Forme, unless it comes into contact with the move, SPRINGTIDE STORM.

Feel free to post once more or post in MODERATION REQUESTS for archival.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ptolemaea
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 4:20:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]QUEST COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: