1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Legacies of our Fathers (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 22:24:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor's life had rapidly taken a turn lately, between suddenly joining Rocket to help with keeping everything stable with . Though not that he would have much choice after his tiff with a certain Elite Four member, several members of circles that he had not associated with in a long time showed up. Suddenly having people who knew who you use to be was nerve wracking for him on it's own, but then Walter brought him news, and he looked up over the edge of the file curiously.

"Are you sure it's her?" A quirk of a brow.

"Yes sir, I am told she has recently arrived to the region, to attend school here at her fathers behest." Walter explained to him, and that was all it took.

Walter never brought Amor false information, and he stared at the file of the person before him. @marcella was heiress apparent to a mining company in Paldea. It happened before Amor was born, but his father made a habit of taking chances on small, and upcoming companies that piqued his interest. A trait that he passed over to his son, for better or worse. The D'ambrosio Mining Company was one of the ones that he invested in early on it's life. Because it was so successful, it lead to more success for his father. Investing had a symbiotic relationship like that, and Amor had been doing his best to track down all the companies that his father did such a thing with.

To track down his legacy, Amor's birthright, and perhaps restore any that had fallen to ruin. The fact that one just fell into his lap seemingly like that, felt ominous, but he couldn't keep his curiosity under control. Was the business still going well? So he looked at Walter, but before he could get the words out, he was already opening the door, and leading him out the building.

"I do believe she is going shopping today." Walter said, and Amor looked perplexed.

"Where? Do you know how many stores are in Lilycove?" Amor was good at many things, understanding women was never one of them.

"Sir she is a teenage girl, going to university. She will be at the mall." Walter explained as if that was simple fact, and Amor just felt a tad embarrassed.

Walter was good at his job, everything that it entailed. So they were soon at the mall, and while Walter parked the car, Amor began to walk through the place. Confused as to why anyone would want to come to a place with so many other people, where it was so cramped, and you barely had walking room.

Perhaps that was his grandparents influence on him...Lost in thought he began to walk through the mall so he could track down one of the few remaining links to his past that existed, and then he felt something, or someone bump into him. Looking down, he had knocked over a girl, who couldn't be more than twenty. Then he realized, he had found her, and mentally he sighed a little.

"Arceus you have a sick sense of humor." Was the thought in his head before extending his hand to her.

"My apologies Miss, I wasn't paying attention." A charming smile on his lips, he was dressed in a fine Kalosian black suit.

He really needed to work on his social skills outside of business talks.

@marcella

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 3:38:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mossdeep was a perfectly fine little city in most ways. Out of the way, specialized, good at what it was designed for. A college town, in many of the ways one could expect a college town to be. But it was lacking in a vital area, and that was luxury. Fine dining. Boutique stores. Essentials for anyone raised on them.

Thankfully, Lilycove was within spitting distance of Mossdeep. Less than a day by boat and all of those things were available in one place. The magic of a port city. Unfortunately there was no such thing as perfection. With any port city came activity. With malls came even more. As a result the mall in Lilycove was especially busy on any given day and that meant more exposure to people.

More exposure to people invariably meant more exposure to idiots.

Like the idiot who stepped into her path as she was moving from one store to another, arms too laden with bags to properly catch her when her shoes slipped while she tried to recover. Marcella fell flat onto her ass and only just managed to keep from spilling her finds all over the tile beneath her. It was mortifying. For a moment her hands clenched into fists and her teeth ground against each other.

Then a hand was offered to her. An offer she would usually, heartily, reject, but the hand was connected to a wrist and on that wrist was a watch even her father would have hesitated to buy. Marcella swallowed back her rage and looked up at the man who'd knocked her over. The suit he wore looked about as nice.

So, instead of telling the man that it was obvious he hadn't been paying attention and slapping his hand away, she accepted it with a grateful smile and allowed herself to be pulled to her feet.

"I'm sure I could have been more careful myself, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a cliche -- I find the mall just so distracting."
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 15:50:51 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
It was relatively easy for him to hoist her up, underneath that suit after all was the well toned physique that Walter had helped him hone over years. Light as a feather as she was, he chuckled easily as she mentioned how she found the mall very distracting. Taking a moment to think that over.

"Well to make up for my knocking you over, could I interest you in a drink? There is a cafe that is pretty quiet? It is the least I can do." He spoke in that perfectly level tone, with all the social grace of someone who had been raised to do it. "Ah where are my manners. I am Amor Rose, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss...." He let the word trail off. Of course he knew who she was, but there was no need for him to appear like a stalker by letting that information out on his own volition.

Tact was important in this situation, if he just came out with the fact that he knew her, well it would probably go poorly, and the last thing he wanted was to have a blotch like that on his name.

"Or if that is not to your liking, I um well, don't have much to offer in the way of condolences for well being klutz." He said with another small laugh seemingly embarrassed. It was just like Walter had taught him, to act the proper part to be able to meld into any crowd, or situation.

Right now he was just the normal klutz, Amor, CEO of Rose Industries, and he just so happened to bump into this woman. Perhaps if he understood normal social situations better, he wouldn't have to figure out such roundabout meeting plans to see someone.

Though his hope that she would accept his offer, if not he would have to just expose himself. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

@marcella

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights