awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Always Warm Down After A Nice Jog [MLG]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 15:30:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Being roused by Watson, the rowdy crowd of Pokémon began chanting for the little Fuecoco to stop fretting and give this 1-on-1 battle his all. Even Andrea pumped her fists and joined their raucous symphony of growls, snarls and roars. "Go, Jalapeño, go! Go, Jalapeño, go! Go, Jalapeño, go!"

The Fire Croc nodded resolutely, ready to make them all proud, and then... he got doused by a Hydro Pump straight to the face. The super effective attack knocked the Paldean starter several feet back, forcing him to run to his trainer, hugging her leg like a scared child. It could not be helped. Watson was Isaac's lifelong partner and an experienced battler, whereas Jalapeño was baby.

The trainer of dragons sighed, picking her Fuecoco up and hugging him tightly. "Jalapeño is unable to battle. Watson is the winner!" She proclaimed like she was the announcer in her own Gym. She really ran a one woman show over there.

"It's okay, Jalapeño. This was your first real battle, after all." Andrea comforted her reptilian son, before walking up to Isaac and presenting him with a clearly handcrafted badge shaped like a nondescript creature's head. "Congratulations! For showing a super deep bond with your Pokémon, you've earned the Monster Badge!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 15:47:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Watson's jaw dropped as a single hit sent Jalapeno running right back into Andrea's arms. He'd misjudged: Jalapeno wasn't a ridiculous little man like he was! Jalapeno was a genuine baby! The poor croc blinked a few times, as if trying to process what had just happened, and then warbled guiltily.[break][break]

Isaac smiled sheepishly as he accepted his badge, shooting the little Fuecoco a look to make sure he was okay. "Sorry about that. Watson can be a little . . . eager, sometimes," he admitted. Sure enough, Watson was already showing that eagerness, shaking Ceres the Torterra's tree down for berries and roasting them over Kilimanjaro the Camerupt's hump. The two quadrupeds shot each other that 'oh, Watson' look as he precariously balanced between them.[break][break]

Once he was done, Watson toddled up to Andrea, holding the skewer up towards her and Jalapeno as a peace offering. It seemed Isaac wasn't the only one committing to deepening bonds today.[break][break]

Isaac let his focus wander off of his ridiculous croc, giving the badge he earned an appreciative once over. "Thanks for the great fight," he said, pinning it right underneath his Forest Badge. "You've got a heck of a bond with yours, too. Just look at that whole ranch full of 'em!" Not just anyone had their entire team come flooding out to cheer them on.[break][break]

"What made you want to get in on the whole gym thing in the first place?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 16:10:05 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A peace offering was handed over in the form of a roasted berry on a stick. "Oh! Thanks, Watson!" Andrea gladly accepted the gift, sharing half of it with Jalapeño, whose mood was instantly uplifted after sating his tiny stomach with juicy, delicious goodness.

The dragon-costumed girl beamed with pride when Isaac commended her bond with her own Pokémon. "Thank you! That's part of why I decided to make my own Gym. Pokémon can make for such good friends, and I want as many people as possible to see that." She explained, wistfully looking at her team made up primarily of big, beefy beasts. "The other reason was because said I should. Something about there being a shortage of Gym leaders..."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 17:27:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was a simple goal, but it was an admirable one. Sometimes, with all of the chaos and danger going on in the Hoenn region, it felt like the companionship of Pokemon fell by the wayside. It sometimes felt more like they were pieces in a power struggle than dear, beloved friends.[break][break]

"Glad someone's bringing this place back to its roots," he admitted, somewhat quietly.[break][break]

Wait. There was a gym leader shortage? How? It felt like where was a new gym leader being introduced to the roster every two weels. Heck, had just opened hers. Isaac wondered how bad the League's turnover could truly be.[break][break]

Isaac wanted to know what each gym leader stood for. It was part of his motovation for taking them all on. It was starting to occur to him that those two factors just might be related. To stand for something was to invite so much pressure upon yourself. How much could they withstand before they crumbled?[break][break]

It wasn't easy being an icon.[break][break]

"Thinking of going big time to make up for the shortage??" He wondered if the simple purity of her dream could hold up to League obligations, town expectations, and inevitable clashes with Rocketm. He tried to imagine a sweetheart like Andrea on the other side of a real battlefield. Something about that idea felt strangely sorrowful.[break][break]

Fucking war.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 20:00:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
That last question caused the novice Gym leader to flinch. "Oh, no no no! I really don't think I'm qualified! There's tons of people that deserve the job more than me!" She stated, while frantically waving her hands. Despite her loud, attention-grabbing getup, she had a strong sense of modesty and humility.

Some people were born to lead. She knew that she wasn't one of those people. She didn't want to be either.

The raucous cries of her monstrous troop reminded Andrea of what her true passion was. "I'd better go take care of my Pokémon. They get antsy when it's near feeding time." The young woman said, rubbing the back of her dragon-hooded head. "I hope to see you and Watson again. Take care, and good luck on the rest of your challenges!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 5:25:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: