EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
deep into that darkness peering, wondering, fearing, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 18:53:20 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"I told you it was a bad idea to stay out that late in the cold." Starting the day off with a 'I told you so' was not a great idea, especially not with his husband. Though he couldn't quite help himself as he pressed a hand to Hazel's head. The other's skin was hot to the touch. Hazel got sick all the time, though Hugo was always terrified that one of those times would mirror the stories that Hazel told him about from his youth.
[break][break]
Hugo wasn't much of a caregiver, or so he said. Despite the fact he'd been doing it most of his life with his siblings. He never thought himself particularly good at it, but Hazel inspired extra softness that wasn't present usually (even with his own kin). A part of him always felt somewhat vulnerable, but that was the point in loving someone other than yourself — there was always risk in that, right? That lack of control was part of love, wasn't it? He had never particularly loved that idea, but he loved Hazel so that was all that mattered.
[break][break]
His fever, though, hadn't really eased off and that was beginning to worry him. "I wish you'd let me take you to a doctor." He understood the others aversion to doctors and hospitals. Especially after all of his youth being spent dealing with them. It still didn't make Hugo feel any better about attempting this on his own, but it didn't feel right to force him. Though, if things got worse, he didn't care how much Hazel complained they were going to the hospital.
[break][break]
"Please, tell me what to do."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-banette"][break][break]
mission

[newclass=".hugo"]--accent:#79B7B0; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/xj4w2XG.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote b, .hugo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .hugo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .hugo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 3:07:33 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The I told you so delivered before his morning tea was even poured earned his husband a scowl and wordless grumble. Said grumble eventually devolved into a sputtering cough, but Hazel waited until he could drag in a breath, and then resumed pouring hot water from the kettle before dunking a tea bag into the steaming contents of his favored mug.[break][break]

“If you’re trying to make me regret it, I don’t,” he continued to grumble, voice hoarse and croaky. Barely there. His fingers were chilled despite the fever, and so they readily wrapped around the heating ceramic as Hugo fretted and pressed the back of his hand to Hazel’s forehead, slipping up under damp bangs. He really did feel atrocious.[break][break]

And maybe also a little disoriented and foggy from the medication he’d already taken. The nighttime kind, because he'd discovered they were out of the daytime counterpart. “I don’t need to go to a doctor,” he insisted, fingers curling around Hugo’s for a moment to tug him away from their kitchen so that he could toddle to the living room.[break][break]

At some point he’d been smart enough to hand his cup to his husband to hold for the trek.[break][break]

He didn’t want anything to do with the hospital. Not for as long as he could avoid it. “It’s just a cold. I will tell you if it gets worse,” he gave the other an earnest look, the gray shade of his eyes dulled, “I promise. As much as he put off going anywhere near a doctor, the fretting was something that Hazel found himself soft for. It was nice having someone who cared that much about his well being.[break][break]

Hazel settled on the large, plush couch–the cushions practically swallowing his narrow, bony frame up. Though he was wearing a sweater, he pulled a heavy quilt down over his lap, and then reached his hands out for his tea. “Hm? What can you do..?” he asked in echo, head tilting. “You know, there is an old Hoennian legend. All about the magical leaves of the budew and how when it was combined with other herbs, the drink saved many from plague-death.”[break][break]

His head flopped back against the back of the couch and he looked up at Hugo with a tired smile. “It is said now, years and years later, that drinking the same thing brings good favor and good health in the coming year. Wouldn’t that be nice?” A soft, wheezy laugh followed the dry remark. “More cough syrup from the pharmacy down the street will do though, dear.”

[break][break]

budew wine [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-espeon"]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#b0a7db!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/kg1cSJTd/CF5-D9-C5-E-B712-4-B36-B16-E-18-D363603-DEA.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; } .haze .bottom .pkspr { filter:grayscale(100%)!important;[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
deep into that darkness peering, wondering, fearing, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 17:39:16 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Maybe it was a little petty of him to throw the 'I told you so' out there. Hugo usually refrained from doing so knowing that Hazel would only take it personally or respond with stubbornness. Sometimes, Hugo knew he could be a better husband. Sometimes, even his patience could be short, especially when the other's health was at risk. The point was he had told Hazel it was a bad idea, and Hazel had a tendency to disregard his concerns out of a need to prove himself. It wasn't necessary.
[break][break]
And, in the end, Hazel was sick again from it, but he couldn't let his pettiness get the better of him. That wouldn't help anything, except land him on the couch after successfully pissing Hazel off. Still, he smiled at that. "A little bit, yeah but... I'm glad you don't." He sighed at that, relenting a little in his irritation. His fingers slipped through the other's bangs, plastered to his forehead.
[break][break]
"Hazel," He said, a touch of exasperation clinging to his tone then. It didn't matter, in the end, if he wanted to. If things got worse, Hugo was carry his sorry ass to the hospital. Hell, he'd drag him if he really had to.
[break][break]
The other slipped down onto the couch and Hugo felt his heart tug a little. It was annoying. Of course, it was just a cold, but it still scared him regardless. Right then, Hazel looked so small, so delicate. Even though he knew that Hazel could handle himself regardless. It didn't matter, he couldn't change how he felt.
[break][break]
"Want to me to go fetch you some magic leaf juice, sleeping beauty?" He laughed at that, but strangely... it got him thinking. Like, what if? Okay, maybe a little stupid, but... "Alright, I'll go get you something. Want anything else from the store?" He leaned over to plant a kiss on his forehead before standing straight again.

[break][break]

mission

[newclass=".hugo"]--accent:#79B7B0; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/xj4w2XG.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo blockquote b, .hugo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .hugo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .hugo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hugo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 2:22:14 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Hazel sighed, leaning against Hugo for a moment as the other fiddled with his hair. He felt himself sag in the effort to hold himself up. “My love, you should long know by now I will not regret time spent, when it is spent with you.” It was only a little conniving. Mostly meant in earnest, but also to appeal to Hugo and soften his irritation.[break][break]

“Hugo,” he replied simply, breezily to that wheedling tone. He shot his partner a look, prepared to double down on what he’d said. It was just a cold. He’d be alright, truly. Except he couldn’t make that promise, could he? Already, he felt worse off than he normally might’ve, but he still wished to prolong or avoid a hospital visit if he could help it.[break][break]

He’d meant what he’d said, though— if he didn’t improve, he would relent and allow Hugo to take him in. He didn’t mean to cause his husband undue stress, and the last thing he wanted was to leave Hugo alone, but after a lifetime of extended stays, quarantines, and being poked and prodded, it was the last place on earth Hazel wished to be.[break][break]

So for now, right there on the couch in their home would suffice, and Hugo would have to accept that. The stubbornness eased just so, though, as he peered up at Hugo. Head nestled against the pillow he’d brought out, and tucked under his blanket, he felt childish. But comfortable, and comforted. “Mhm, if you would be so kind.”
His eyelids drooped, but there was a tired smile on his lips. It was just playfulness, his agreement.[break][break]

“Just the cough syrup. And maybe some ginger ale.” Hugo’s lips felt cool against the heat radiating from his forehead. A hand snuck out from under the covers and snagged the other’s wrist as Hazel held his palm against his face for a moment. “Thank you, darling.”

[break][break]

budew wine [break]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/kg1cSJTd/CF5-D9-C5-E-B712-4-B36-B16-E-18-D363603-DEA.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; } .haze .bottom .pkspr { filter:grayscale(100%)!important;[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 13:49:06 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

It was unnerving how much Hazel seemed to change when he was sick. The reminder that the other could be so delicate was always a gut punch, considering he was usually so stubborn and opinionated. Hugo never would have imagined seeing him look overwhelmed and beaten. He sighed at that, knowing that despite claiming not to be a romantic, Hazel was a powerful foe. "Don't make me sappy. It's too early for that."
[break][break]
That tone sounded far more like normal, every-day Hazel. Hugo couldn't help himself, his eyes rolled but the laugh still slipped free. The other won, in the end. Hell, Hazel always won, in the end. Hugo hadn't a chance in hell.
[break][break]
Regardless of whether or not the other meant it, he fully intended to carry him kicking and screaming to the hospital if he had to. Hugo didn't play around with that after Lia, there would be no repeats of the past. Even if the other hated the place, he'd just have to do it. There would be time to hate his husband after the fact. Hugo would never apologize for doing what needed to be done. He'd done far too much evil shit to start regretting the good acts.
[break][break]
"Ok ok, I suppose I can get those." He laughed, looking down as his wrist was snagged. That look on Hazel's face made him feel soft and sappy, damn him. "I'm sure you can make it up to me. Some time." He snickered, with a little wink. Then, left the other behind to go get more medication, however, along the way, his mind got to thinking. It wasn't like him to think fancifully. Hugo believed in medicine and didn't put a lot of thought to fairy tale or to Hazel's ramblings on legend... but he knew of a place he could acquire some Budew, willing or not.

[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 3:10:15 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

All of this was a reminder of his persistent weakness. His inability to figure out how to make himself better, more capable. He knew that he worried Hugo, and he detested that about himself. It was an ugly feeling, and he’d always hated that weakness in himself. But somehow it had only amplified once Hugo had slipped into his life and made a home there. Because then it muddled with a newfound fear of leaving his husband alone. So he wanted to seem strong, and able-bodied, though acting as much was only ever to his detriment.[break][break]

“It is never too early for that,” he insisted, words a petulant half-mumble, “you’re a big softie and you know it.” A tired smile pulled at his mouth as he watched Hugo. Did his eyes look faded? Muted with illness? He wasn’t sure. A cough crawled up his throat before he could even attempt to perk himself up some for his partner’s sake.[break][break]

Hugo wouldn’t buy it, anyway. He always saw right through any little tricks Hazel tried to pull off. There was still an exasperated laugh that fell from his mouth, and for Hazel, that brought relief. He was maybe put out with Hazel’s stubbornness, but he wasn’t angry with him. And really, Hazel knew that Hugo was thinking about Lia as well. Even if he didn’t say as much.[break][break]

“Thank you. I love you, dearest.” He pressed a soft kiss against Hugo’s knuckles before relinquishing the hold on his wrist and settling back down against the plush couch cushions and the coolness of his pillow. ‘Course I will,” he grumbled, but even as the other moved toward the door, Hazel was drifting off before barely managing to turn on a documentary that was droll by even his standards.[break][break]

He wasn’t sure how long he slept, out like a light. At some point, Nico had come and hopped up with him, and his arms had slipped around the small espeon to hug him close. When his eyes blinked open, it seemed to be far, far later in the day. Groggy confusion dampened his expression. “Hugo?” His voice more hoarse than before.[break][break]

But he was fixated on the heavy quiet of their home. The stillness and lack of additional presence.

[break][break]

budew wine [break]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 15:20:25 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Hugo had never imagined meeting anyone like Hazel in his lifetime. He had never planned to feel anything more than surface-level affection. It was easier not to get attached and sometimes the idea felt exhausting to him. Though, Hazel changed something in him that he'd never anticipated. He supposed that was the point, right? To love? It did things beyond the realm of understanding, but Hugo never anticipated it happening to him. It was the truth though, Hazel made him soft and stupidly sappy. "Love you too, I'll be right back."
[break][break]
It wasn't intended to be a lie, after all he wasn't lying. He'd intended on being right back, a quick one-two to the pharmacy and back, but okay so he got to thinking about the stupid legend that Hazel talked about. Part of him thought that maybe Hazel would get a kick out of it and he needed every opportunity to laugh mercilessly at his husband soo... okay yeah, slight detour.
[break][break]
Or at least, it would have been slight, but it didn't turn out that way. Fucking Budew were assholes to deal with, though eventually he got them. Let's just say though, he didn't make any new friends in the process. They didn't give him it freely. That was the part of Hugo that had never deviated, he did things and it wasn't a matter of whether or not he was proud of it. Maybe his family would have looked at him differently knowing what he did on a day to day, robbing people of their pokemon companions for some extra change. It was even surprising that Hazel didn't get more irked about how carelessly he went through valuable artifacts (not that he over-shared those details with his better half).
[break][break]
Hugo didn't realize how long it took until he was nearly on the doorstep. God, what an idiotic thing. It was no longer a 'haha how funny, what a dumb husband you are' situation, or at least it didn't feel like that.
[break][break]
He was certain that Hazel wouldn't find it amusing anymore. "Hugo, you're an idiot."

[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 17:12:51 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The medicine he took still felt heavy in his system, making him dazed and sluggish as he released his hold on Nicodemus and struggled to sit up. His head swung one way, and then the other, as he looked around the room in search of his husband. “Hugo?” Another croak to the empty air. He looked down at the espeon with a frown, and Nico blinked back up at him with a swish of his tail. Unspokenly understanding the question being asked in Hazel’s expression. “No.”[break][break]

Succinct as ever.[break][break]

Maybe it hadn’t actually been too long. Maybe he was really just that out of it. Another cough volleyed up his throat. His hair stuck to his face, and he still felt too warm with fever. Carefully, he shoved the blanket off of him and tried to push himself up from the couch. His knees buckled, but he forced them to straighten. Then, wobbly and uncoordinated, he shuffled back to from the living room to the kitchen.[break][break]

Even just that made him feel short of breath, and he leaned on the counter heavily for a moment. He pulled down a glass from the cabinet, but it knocked to the side. All he wanted was a glass of water to clear his throat, but more sputtering coughs followed. Rattling through his chest and making it that much more difficult to drag in a consistent breath. His espeon wove through his ankles again and again, fretting. Where was Hugo? Had something happened? Usually it didn’t take long to visit the corner store just down the street. And Hazel hadn’t given him an exhaustive list of things to buy… so what had happened.[break][break]

He hardly had the time to slip into a panic over it, or consider finding his phone to try and call him. As his coughs wound down, he tried to right the glass on the countertop with a shaky hand. As his head spun with a sense of vertigo, he dimly registered something warm wicking down his chin. Fingers lifting to his face, they came away bright red and wet. “Ah.” A nose bleed. Of course. His hand lifted to his face fully, leaving smears, as he fumbled to find a rag or papertowel.

[break][break]

budew wine [break]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 17:24:44 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Where the hell were his keys? He sighed before managing to find them and fish them out of his inner coat pocket. Really, he was starting to go senile early. Unlocking the door, he juggled the things in his hands and nudged the door open with his shoe.
[break][break]
"Hey, I'm sorry.. I know, I took forever. I did something stupid and you're gonna make fun of me but... Hazel?" There was a vacancy at the couch and, admittedly, he felt his heart take a leap. It was dumb to fret so much, he knew that Hazel hated the way he acted like he was delicate. Well, it was because he was delicate, even if Hugo was pretty good about smoothing it out to seem like a personal flaw. He could handle Hazel thinking he was just a worry-wart, not so much that he thought Hazel was weak. It wasn't that, but it was hard not to look at Hazel as anything else... especially when he was so frail.
[break][break]
Not to mention the added history of having sickness in his own family, and losing to it. Maybe he was overly careful to the extent of being overbearing, but he meant well.
[break][break]
He rushed to find Hazel in the kitchen. "Haze, what are you? Oh... let me help. I'm sorry." It took him a moment to notice the blood and he could feel himself tense up, "Shit are you okay?" He rushed to wet a hand towel and went to observe his face. "What did you do to yourself?" It was an attempt to be humorous, but the worry laced so heavily that he knew it'd be impossible for the other not to notice. "I uhh... got you your budew cure."

[break][break]

[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 18:38:18 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Damn it, this was a bad one. Both hands had come up to cup over his nose without realizing it, but he was still disoriented from the medicine he’d taken so one dropped to hold him up against the counter again as he failed to find a rag. Leaving behind smears on the pale marble.[break][break]

Of course, it was at that exact moment that he heard the front door open, Hugo’s voice trickling through their home. Though he felt an immediate relief that he was okay, Hazel was suddenly filled with the desperate need to cover up, to make himself seem alright. Which was, well– a bit of an impossible task. A petulant sort of frustration welled up in him, knowing it was only a matter of seconds before he was caught like that. Unable to fill up a glass of water for himself or find a towel to staunch his nose bleed. It felt bitter on his tongue, like the coppery tang of blood in the back of his throat.[break][break]

Hazel shook his head at the apology. It wasn’t Hugo’s fault. Of course it wasn’t. It wasn’t like he would’ve been able to stop a coughing fit or a nosebleed from happening. But of course, he was there, looking after him as soon as he’d walked back through the door. Something in Hazel’s chest eased. The panic that had wanted to rise up was quelled. Though the question didn’t make him feel much better. “Nothing,” he protested, the word curdling into a whine, “just coughed too much.”[break][break]

He looked at him through dazed eyes that narrowed in confusion. Voice muffled by the rag held up to his nose. “...What?” His budew cure..? Sluggishly, his mind drummed up the story he’d told hours before. “Oh. You- why? It was a local myth. One that he, to his memory, had never been anything beyond superstition. The realization was followed by a wheezy laugh.[break][break]

He probably shouldn’t have, given Hugo’s obvious worry and his own internalized frustration, but he couldn’t help himself.

[break][break]

budew wine [break]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 19:55:21 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[attr="class","hugo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Yeah well you sound pretty terrible," He said, sighing. In hindsight, probably not the thing to call his eager and stubborn husband who was clearly trying to push himself past the point of no longer being sick. It wasn't like Hazel was alone in that, Hugo probably would have done the same thing. Hell, he'd probably be worse, not that he was going to admit as much when he was trying to make a point.
[break][break]
He continued to press the hand towel to stave off the nose bleed. A little smile curled at his lips after he realized how far he'd gone for a stupid mythical cure. If anything, it was probably bogus and, at worse, a waste of time.
[break][break]
"Yeah well... you got to talking and..." He sighed, rolling his eyes, "It was stupid, I know. A massive waste of time and I should have been here." He could help but feel guilty, considering what a stupid thing it was to go through all the trouble when Hazel was clearly in need. Hugo was used to feeling like he was failure at times, no matter how much he worked to make up for past mistakes.

[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 21:06:05 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

A knot of frustration remained tangled in his chest. He felt that annoying precursor to wanting to give up and cry like a child. The burn behind his eyes that always crept up when all of this became too much. When it was all too heavy to hold. Hazel spent most of his time acting alright. He had be alright. He would never get anywhere or do anything if he wasn’t. “I’m fine.” The insisting protest was a weak, pitiful one. Half-hearted because they both knew that he was not fine.[break][break]

So, he let Hugo clean him up. Fell silent as he wiped away the mess and held the towel to Hazel’s nose until the bleeding slowed to a stop. He was too tired to fight against that care and concern. Today, He didn't want to. He sunk into it like a warm bath as Hugo explained his reasons. Until the knot in his chest began to ease.[break][break]

He pressed a hand to Hugo’s face, cradling it against his palm. “You’re my sweet, caring husband and I’m thankful for that. Even when you get wild ideas.” He leaned against him, still too tired to hold himself up long. Just for a moment before he moved to fill the kettle and set it on the stove. “Since you went to all the effort.”[break][break]

He could at least try. For Hugo’s sake if nothing else.

[break][break]

budew wine [break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
in the light [m][cc]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 2:55:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: