Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Call Knows Where You Live [S]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 22:38:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]As dubious as Isaac was about the change in living conditions, the new move had been working fantastically so far. Isaac finally had a place to keep his stuff that wasn't just the cold, clinical walls of the Team Rocket sub; Buffaloman's misspelled racing trophy and Hearth's contest ribbon hung proudly from a shelf. He had a more comfortable bed to sleep in than ever, especially after cutting a quick deal with a lingering ghost type to make it stop haunting him. And, most importantly, having a room to call his own meant he had an inner sanctuary. When he couldn't face anyone, all he had to do was lock himself inside and gather himself.[break][break]

Maybe that was why it was such a shock when he saw a note pinned to the other side of his door. The meticulous perfect handwriting it was written in was a stark contrast to the way it had been haphazardly stabbed into the door by a knife. Groggily rubbing his eyes, Isaac rolled out of bed, trying to focus for long enough to actually see what the note said.[break][break]

Slateport Outskirts.[break][break]

Three things were clear. One, someone knew where Isaac lived. Two, they wanted to meet. Three, Isaac had better bring his A-Game to come see them.[break][break]

Needless to say, it didn't take very long for Isaac to clean himself up, get dressed, and warp his way to Slateport. The Outskirts were a big place. Any part of the city that had fallen to despair under the League's neglectful eye could be counted among their ranks. He'd probably have to do some digging if he was to find the mysterious note-writer.[break][break]

Or maybe, just maybe, they had already found him.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,871 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 19:54:54 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Seraphim had done his best to think of what sort of training he would be the young blonde through, what could he do to make it so that his point got across. He didn't want to crush Isaac's optimism about how everything would simply work out, but that wasn't reality. Isaac was headed down a path that would ultimately lead to his destruction, and maybe because Amor saw a tiny piece of himself within the other, that he wanted him to survive it. No matter the means necessary, and so he had chosen this place, an abandoned warehouse. There was mist hovering above the ground obscuring large portions of the floor, but that was there only to hide his true intent.

When Isaac finally arrived, no one would say anything for the longest time, but suddenly a man materialized in the middle of the room clad in a cybernetic ninja suit. A Gardevoir close by, but what would be the most disturbing thing was that, there was a woman being levitated off the ground seemingly bound, and being held aloft by psychic energy. This would be none other than Isaac's sweetheart .

"You know Isaac when someone stabs a note into your door, punctuality is important, because you left me alone with her for how long? And I got bored...." The robotic tone was the same as it had always been, but if Isaac looked at Cygne he would see the telltale signs of torture. Various cuts across her body from torture, and the crimson red blood pouring from her wounds to the ground like rain. "It's a shame, she is close to passing out from blood loss, but yet she kept saying you would get here sooner. We made a bet, and I won." Came the easy words from him.

Of course this was a lie. Cygne was safe doing whatever it was that she normally did, probably looking at a list of men that just weren't good enough for her dear . But Isaac wouldn't know that, the Illusion that was in front of him seemed to have weight, emotion, and it looked as if she was dying.

Their last conversation at Mauville seemed all the more ominous when Seraphim asked him what he would do about this exact scenario.

"I have deemed her not an integral part of your education from here on, and in fact she is definitely more of a liability to you given how you answered me back then. So I'm going to rid you of this shackle. Unless you can convince me otherwise?" There was almost a sarcastic tint to his robotic voice as he drew his sword, and leveled it at the false Cygne's neck.

TLDR
Amor has no chill for this training.
Misty Terrain, and Psychic Terrain are both active.
Illusion Cygne looks fucked up.
What will Isaac do?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 20:32:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac didn't even wait for Seraphim to start monologuing. The second he saw in such dire straits, he practically smashed his hands down onto his hips. Pokeballs cascaded around him, the crimson glow of their simultaneous release practically swallowing Isaac up. When it faded, there were five Pokemon surrounding him.[break][break]

Knuckles, his strongest fighter, second in command, and bonded Lucario partner.[break][break]

Luck & Pluck, the sacred Aegislash that had been assigned by his beloved to protect him above all else.[break][break]

Miyuki, the shining silver Fennekin with a spark of mischief in her eyes.[break][break]

Zephyrus, the stormbringer himself, the Dragonite's normally apologetic look giving way to firm-eyed fury.[break][break]

Kurze, a native of these circles, the Bisharp hissing balefully as he realized the familiarity of his locale.[break][break]

The fucked-up tin can declared Cygne to be a liability. It took all of Isaac's self control to not order his team to obliterate him where he stood. Even then, Knuckles could practically feel his fear and anger radiating off of him, it taking everything in her power to not already start charging up an Aura Sphere.[break][break]

After all, with the Gardevoir holding Cygne hostage, and Seraphim's hand noticeably hovering by the hilt of his blade, one wrong move could spell disaster.[break][break]

Yet it would be too late. Seraphim had his hand atop the hilt. With a single, sarcastic flourish, he would draw his . . . discarded teddy bear!?[break][break]

There had been six lights, but only five Pokemon. Rising from a pile of discarded warehouse junk came Sanford, Seraphim's blade now embedded in the Dhelmise's algal colonies. As unorthodox of a move as Switcheroo was, it was a fantastic way of disarming opponents. The Dhelmise's typical ominous hovering was now a mirthful bob up and down, as if Sanford was laughing at their foe's expense.[break][break]

But to most of Team Isaac, this was no laughing matter. Miyuki launched herself towards Gardevoir, the fox's fangs bared and claws extended. However, before she could actually approach melee range, this threat display gave way to a coy smirk. In a puff of fire and smoke, she vanished, only for Kurze to come charging out of the inferno. Her Ally Switch was the perfect setup for Kurze to close the distance with the Gardevoir, aiming to drive a vicious Metal Claw into her gut.[break][break]

The rest of Isaac's team remained by his side. Luck and Pluck adhered to his hands. Knuckles stood by his side, glaring hateful daggers. Zephyrus rose to the sky, generating stormclouds by the warehouse roof with heavy flaps of his wings. Perhaps in better times, this Rain Dance would be the perfect backdrop for an all out war.[break][break]

"You wanna be convinced otherwise?" Isaac asked, a mix of fury and desperation bleeding into his voice. He couldn't lose her. Not like this. Not like Kiryu. Not after everything she had done for him. Not when it was his fault. Not when it was right at the cusp of him having something resembling normalcy. "Let's see if there's anything left to convince by the time I'm done breaking you into scrap."[break][break]

tl;dr -[break][break]

Dhelmise uses Switcheroo from hiding to disarm Seraphim.[break]
Fennekin feigns an attack, but actually Ally Switches-[break]
-so Bisharp has next to no distance to close before using Metal Claw.[break]
Dragonite calls down a Rain Dance.[break]
Lucario and Aegislash are on standby, but are also fucking furious.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,871 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 20:54:33 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
All of their maneuvers were good, and where as Isaac summoned his entire time, Seraphim did no such thing, and instead it was with a single move that Isaac's entire strategy would be undone. Seraphim, Cygne, and Gardevoir simply just vanished, despite being disarmed there was no sense of urgency as he reappeared high up in the rafters via Teleport. Soon doubles, upon doubles filled the room as his Gardevoir used Double Team to make multiple of them appear, and every single copy of him just looked down at Isaac, if a robot could be disappointed, then he was.

"You fail."

TLDR
Gardevoir Teleports Seraphim, Fake Cygne, and itself to the rafters.
Gardevoir uses Double Team to create multiple clones of the scenario
Gardevoir uses Psychic to brutally crush fake Cygne (Sorry Ceej)

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 21:23:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Did I?"[break][break]

Isaac's words were less speech and more a hateful snarl. Double Team was an imposing move for sure. It flooded not just an area, but also a target's mind, with copies. It was equal parts a tactical tool and a method of psychological warfare. A target would be overwhelmed by superior numbers, the lingering specter of uncertainty, and pure sensory overload.[break][break]

Yet not a bit of that mattered. Before Seraphim could even start rambling about the failure he had prescribed Isaac to, an Aura Sphere would hurtle towards his Gardevoir's position with unerring accuracy. No amount of teleporting around or hiding behind phantasms could direct the orb away from its path. Aura Sphere aimed not for the body, but the soul. And it never missed.[break][break]

Perhaps on the surface, it would seem like a poor fit for targeting Gardevoir. Even with all of Knuckles' might, it was simply a poor matchup. But Isaac wasn't thinking of raw, move by move effectiveness here. Knuckles wasn't his striker. Knuckles was his spotter. The Aura Sphere was less an attack of its own right and more of a beacon for where Isaac's actual heavy hitters should strike.[break][break]

Luck & Pluck's Aerial Ace was once such technique. As Knuckles' Aura Sphere flew through the air, Isaac reached back to chuck the Aegislash in the same direction as the incoming ball. He took care of the hovering from there, flying in the sphere's wake to ensure he would stay on target. With unerring precision, he would interpose himself between and Gardevoir. His bladed edge would slash for the Gardevoir, while he would attempt to wrap Cygne up in his tassels and carry her away from the resulting fray. Even if he wasn't successful, he was at least a shield and well as a sword. He could shelter her from what was about to come.[break][break]

That something would be the Thunder crackling between Zephyrus' hands. It, too, was unerring, so long as the move's user knew where to aim it. With the Aura Sphere serving as the targeting beacon, and Luck & Pluck swooping in to shelter their hostage, the blast of Thunder would be free to crash down on Seraphim and his Pokemon with reckless abandon.[break][break]

For once, Isaac had no words. His breathing was ragged and heavy. His tear-stained glare was an inferno. He had two trains of thought running through his head; one was panic, despair, grief, and helplessness that left him unable to see straight. The other was just a single word, repeated over and over again: "destroy."[break][break]

He wasn't sure what Seraphim had envisioned this encounter to be like. But he wasn't giving any ground without a fight.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,871 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 22:14:24 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The answer was yes he failed, everything takes time, even miniscule seconds, sure those moves couldn't miss, but did that matter if they couldn't hit. It was a bold assumption, especially when a flash of light appeared, and his Gallade was at the ready. Everything was trained on them to pinpoint perfection. But it was all null, and void as a Protect sprang to life creating a dome around the Gardevoir, and itself to weather the onslaught. Hestia whose concentration was keeping the fake Cygne aloft. A second flash of light appeared as a Golurk emerged the moment the Aegislash attempted to take away their hostage. It's large looming body imposing itself into the Thunder which clashed against it's body, and the Protective dome with no ill effects. And then the Golurk turned it's attention to the Aegislash.

It was the only Pokemon of Isaac's that had come within striking range, and so two large fists ignited with fire, and he Fire Punched the Aegislash. Though the chances of it having the ability to protect from such a move were high. While the Shield Pokemon was busy fending off his Golurk via whatever means possible Gardevoir would begin to crush the Fake Cygne within it's grasp with her Psychic. The Dopplegangers from the earlier Double Team mimicking this as well, and that is when the Aegislash itself would realize.

It was holding nothing, not due to there not being something there within it's grasp, but it seemed off, this body that was being crushed, that it was being asked to protect. What it was perhaps it could figure out itself, or maybe not. However it was a given that due to the illusory nature of the body, even if it tried to protect it, it was still being folded up, and crushed into nothing.

And then he looked down at Isaac, and tapped his cheek as multiple crushed Cygne's fell from the rafters being released from the Psychic hold of all the Gardevoirs.

"And just like that, you fail." He stated simply which was giving him an odd sense of deja vu for some reason, but regardless the Robotic tone continued onwards with his two new additions out. If this continued to escalate the entire city of Slateport would be in trouble, and he snapped his fingers to Hesita. "Drop the facade now." The Misty Terrain vanished first from underneath Isaac's feet, he would see the bubbling purple energy of a Psychic Terrain as well before it vanished.

Cygne's body vanished as well, and once again it was like nothing had happened. The warehouse was quiet, and empty save for the pokemon that were out, and the Aegislash currently grasping at nothing suddenly.

"Go ahead, and call her. She's fine." He stated, and waited for Isaac to either attack again, or call her.

TLDR
Gallade appears to Protect Gardevoir from Aura Sphere, and Thunder
Golurk appears, and imposes itself between Seraphim, and the Thunder attack
Golurk attacks Aegislash with a No Guard Fire Punch
Gardevoir crushes the fake Cygnes, and lets the fake bodies rain down from the rafters
The illusion is ended.
Seraphim tells Isaac to call Cygne.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 0:30:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The thing about shock and awe was that it only worked if you were shocked and awed. Those were not feelings that came naturally to Seraphim, especially in a situation he engineered to hold all the cards. That meant the number advantage and surprise tactics that Isaac thrived on were neutralized before they even began in earnest.[break][break]

Gallade's emergence shut down both the Aura Sphere and the far stronger Thunder that came with it. Destructive rage gave way to pure, stomach-throttling fear as Isaac saw the shimmering barrier rise up from the smoke. Luck & Pluck had at least made his journey, but he, too, was deflected harmlessly off of the barrier. He tried his best to stay by Cygne's side, even as he was thrust into the shadow of the colossus. A Golurk energed from its own ball, bearing down on him with fists of flame and fury. Were it not for his own King's Shield, he'd have been seared bad.[break][break]

Isaac's team tried to rally. This time didn't work out, but they'd come at Seraphim and his team again and again. They'd keep up the pressure. They'd cycle their hits in and out. If he tried to flee, Knuckles' Aura would chase him down, and they'd pile on the punishment. If he tried to stand and fight, they stood at six to his three. They could divide. They could overwhelm. They could conquer. They could-[break][break]

Crunch.[break][break]

If only they knew they only had one shot. If only they knew it was less of a hostage situation and more of a demonstration. Seraphim had every intention of ending this before it even started. He'd only let Cygne live this long as a reminder that Isaac had already failed. Before they could prepare a second salvo, the Gardevoir snapped her like a twig at the speed of thought.[break][break]

Kurze let out a roar like grinding gears, sparks flying from his mouth in a furor. Zephyrus' eyes grew wide as he covered his mouth in shock. Miyuki's tail bristled on end as she hissed at the wall of Seraphim. Knuckles practically bucked over from the sheer wall of emotion coming from Isaac at the moment; it made how he felt on Mt. Pyre pale in comparison.[break][break]

Only Luck & Pluck realized what was going on. His jeweled eye narrowed suspiciously at Seraphim and his team, then shot him a curt nod of understanding. The other members of his team could feel their outrage. He had business to attend to.[break][break]

Isaac felt a cold, pervasive numbness spread throughout his body, punctuated only by quivers of rage that failed to fully manifest. The world faded away into the background, Isaac's vision locked onto the unbelievably horrific sight unfolding before him. He wanted to scream. He wanted to vomit. He wanted to kill Seraphim and then himself. Yet he was a prisoner in his own body, his muscles seizing up and holding him back. Luck & Pluck barely descended in time to keep him upright before he could sink to his knees.[break][break]

And then, in the blink of an eye, there was nothing. Kurze recoiled back, hackles raised as he tried to prepare for other threats to jump out from the shadows. Miyuki blinked rapidly, trying to parse how these illusions had even snuck up on her in the first place. Zephyrus flew down to try and comfort Knuckles, who stiff armed him away while snarling up a storm at Seraphim.[break][break]

As for Isaac? The poor guy was just unresponsive.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights