Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The End Of The Beginning Is The Beginning Of The End [S]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 19:38:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ever Grande City was the head of Hoenn's government. It was as treacherous for Rockets, even disguised ones, to set foot there as League personnel in Sootopolis. It was where champions came to roost, and Arceus knew Isaac would never be one of those. There was nothing for him there, no reason for him to approach. Nothing to gain, everything to lose. He knew it'd be a cold day in hell before he ever set foot in Ever Grande.[break][break]

Well, would you look at that? Hell just froze over.[break][break]

For all the tension between them, pulled out all the stops to help. She passed his bare-faced self off as a guest so he could pass through the city without suspicion. She lead him to where Eris was currently being held, bringing him through the doors when he'd expected to be left outside. She even waved the guards away from where Eris was currently being stationed, buying time for Isaac to actually make his way into Eris' room. The unspoken implication was clear as they parted ways so Melody could set this up; those same guards would be coming for Isaac's head if this was some trick.[break][break]

Sneaking into a League prison, with the blessing of an Elite 4 member, no Pokeballs on his belt, and no mask to cover his face, felt like a suicide mission. For all he knew, the room Melody had given him directions towards was going to be full of an entire League firing squad. The level trust between the two was . . . complicated. She shared her darkest secrets, and he shared his face. He risked not one but two direct meetings with her, and she risked taking him directly to Ever Grande. They didn't even like each other, but now they worked together.[break][break]

Just two well-meaning individuals with irreconcilable differences and a world of tension between them, keeping it together for the kid.[break][break]

Luckily, Isaac wouldn't be taking much of a tour of the prison. Part due to nervousness, and part due to wanting to avoid jeopardizing things more than he already had, he kept his eyes to the floor for the most part. He could certainly describe the floor tiling of Ever Grande's holding facility in great detail, but anything else would be a mystery to him. If anyone ever found out about this and pressed him for detail, he could always just say he was blindfolded or something. It'd be about the same sum of knowledge.[break][break]

Five minutes. That was all the time Melody was giving him. He better make it count. Working up his courage and steeling himself, he reached out to knock on the door. It was a simple, goofy pattern, immediately proof that Eris wouldn't be dealing with the usual stooges. And then, after one last moment to catch his breath, he stepped through the doors.[break][break]

"Hey kid," he said, his attempt at a cocky smirk melting into a relieved smile. "Guess who just got visitation rights?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 21:46:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Cold air rushes out of the room as soon as the door opens, two pairs of eyes snapping to the visitor as silence fills the space between them.[break][break]

"It can be considered cruel if you're using an illusion to get answers out of me."[break][break]

Though she turns her attention back to the paper she'd been scribbling on, Reiner doesn't seem to break the gaze, watching 's every bit of movement.[break][break]

"So, what's Reiner's favourite flavour of ice cream?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 21:59:47 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Trick question. 'Anything sour' is a range, not a flavor. But Ash went with Sour Patch on our little trip." As if on cue, Isaac reached into his backpack, slipping out a little pack of sour patch kids. With how . . . out of it she seemed, and how bad his depth perception had become, he knew lobbing would be a bad move.[break][break]

Instead, he slowly, quietly approached, making sure not to get too close to Eris for her comfort. The girl was in a shockingly fragile state at the moment. The last thing he wanted was to set her off while she was in such a bad way. Not only would it suck for her, but Reiner would also probably give his jugular the can opener treatment.[break][break]

"It's good to see you, Reiner. Thanks for keeping an eye out on Eris for me. I've been worried sick about her." He tried to keep his tone light, but sorrow and worry simmered under the surface. Eris was far from the excitable, cheerful kid or the overly-scrambly worrywart he knew and cared for. It wasn't going to be as simple as just swooping in and getting her out of here. There was no dramatic, tearful reunion.[break][break]

There was only a broken girl locked in a velvet-walled prison.[break][break]

"Can I come talk to you?" Isaac asked, not wanting to approach closer without any permission. "It's been way too long. I want to see how you're doing, y'know? Do some catching up." He didn't want to pressure her immediately into getting her act in gear. Maybe he'd talk about himself first, to ease her into a conversation. Maybe he'd let her do all the talking, for she had been denied her voice for far too long.[break][break]

Whatever he did next, he wanted it to be her choice.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 22:13:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She perks up a little at the answer, and the lack of Reiner's movement gives her no reason to start yelling. So she looks back up, listening to how the Luxray snorts back in greeting and looking to the pack of candies in 's hand.[break][break]

"I'm bored." She starts, kicking the air with her toes barely ever touching the ground. "I haven't been able to talk to anyone for a long time. And I can barely run around or climb things in here."[break][break]

With how cautious he's being, she's equally on her guard, picking and choosing the words she wants to use.[break][break]

"Are you here to talk or give me another lecture on how I need to pick a side? Cos the last few times anyone did that with me, they either threatened to get rid of me or put me to sleep."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 22:44:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Lecture. Yeah, sure. That's what they wanted him to do. And that's what he would gleefully refuse. As much as Isaac wanted her out of that mess, he knew she needed to be approached on her terms. As she mentioned what happened when others tried, his expression darkened.[break][break]

"Fuck that." Just two simple words. He didn't hold back on the swear. Eris didn't need protecting, like some princess in a tower. "And if anyone tries that, no matter what side, I'm giving them a piece of my mind and a foot up their ass."[break][break]

"I'm not here for any of them. I'm here for you. And we can talk about anything you want to, okay? Doesn't have to be all this fate of the universe crud. Just . . . someone's gotta step up to the plate and be an ear for you, yeah?"[break][break]

"The forest is okay, by the way. And the mischief makers are, too. Figured you'd want to know."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 23:36:13 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's stunned into silence. Then, a giggle. Then, a laugh.[break][break]

"Pa would absolutely throttle you if he knew you were swearing in front of me."[break][break]

A small smile graces her lips at the message received, her posture in the chair now looking like a weight has been lifted from her shoulders. Her pen spins on the tips of her fingers, then stop to point at the piles of paper on the table.[break][break]

"Wanna draw something?" It's a passing question soon swept under the scribbling of her own pencil. "I dunno what to talk about really."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 23:42:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She was laughing. She was smiling. There was the little potato he'd been worried sick about. "If I was afraid of a little bit of throttling, I wouldn't be here in the first place," he teased. "You would not believe how many hoops I had to jump through to make this house call for you."[break][break]

Eris wasn't sure what to say. That was okay. Words could be hard, and he had the sinking suspicion that her offer to draw with her was more than just childish ignorance. "Luckily for you, you're in the presence of a master artist," he said, her smile infectious. "Sure thing! Lemme see what I can whip up . . ."[break][break]

Isaac was, without a doubt, not a master artist. But she sure had fun acting like a maestro, the most dramatic swipes of his art supplies being used to make the world's shittiest, skrunkliest doodles. What he lacked in . . . any form of actual design skill, he made up for in sheer madcap imagination. A Tyranitar dove off of a skyscraper to drop the elbow on a Hydreigon in a kaiju-sized wrestling match.[break][break]

"And what're you drawing?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 1:22:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"What did you end up trading?" For a brief moment, her voice cuts with concern, her gaze focused on Reiner as he gives her a look. "The guards moved."[break][break]

What kind of deal had he made such that he was getting in here without people hoping to immediately arrest him as soon as he walked out?[break][break]

"And well... I'm drawing stuff that momma used to tell me about in bedtime stories. Like the prince of the night sky and the princess of the moon. Or the creation of ideals and truth."[break][break]

The dragons she draws are rough around the edges, but their gazes seem to pierce through the mere canvas that they're sketched on, almost as if Eris herself had once seen those creatures and their expressions before. And Darkrai seems to be wreathed in a lot more shadows, her fingers having smudged the pencil lines all around.[break][break]

"There's lots of things we don't really know about them. Whether the stories are real, whether the people of the past actually ever understood the thought processes that the gods might have."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 1:38:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Trades? Oh, please. You know I don't play like that. What you're looking at is pure willpower, kid!" Okay, sure, so he had to give up his identity to even be waltzing in here. But Eris didn't need to worry about him. Not when he was here to be her shining beacon of hope.[break][break]

It was no surprise that, torn away from one family, Eris clung to the memory of another. She mentioned bedtime stories; frankly, Isaac had never had much of those before. Once his father realized the truth about him, they stopped in short order.[break][break]

"Sheesh, you're really good at capturing faces," Isaac said. Between the shadows wreathing Darkrai's face and the intense looks in Zekrom and Reshiram's eyes, Eris knew how to bring her art to life. Even looking at them was making him feel an immense pressure wafting off of the page.[break][break]

"I haven't heard a good bedtime story in Arceus knows how long. You mind sharing?" Isaac asked. "I promise, I promise. I'm not gonna doze off if you do!"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 3:13:12 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Pure willpower? She half wants to prod further for details but also wonders if she really should find out how many minds he had to wring for this. And well, his face most likely being recorded on the visitor database... She might not have the full details but she can guess the stakes that he's placed.[break][break]

"Well, momma says sometimes it's easier to capture a feeling through pictures instead of words. And it reminds me that they're real, not just fairytales." She hums, stopping to rub the pencil sheen off the side of her palm. "I wanna be able to draw them accurately though, so that means I gotta meet them for real some day. Just like momma used to!"[break][break]

And maybe then, she'd be able to look her mother in the eyes when everything came to an end.[break][break]

"You wanna hear one?" Her surprise is pretty evident but she's quick to recover with a few taps from Reiner.[break][break]

"Well... In the beginning, there was one dragon. It helped shaped the world in the earliest stages of its creation. Humans and pokemon alike revered its presence, following in its steps and abiding by the rules of the universe that had been set by the original one. But one day, a pair of twins approached the dragon upon the highest mountain, calling out to it without the slightest bit of fear:[break][break]

Dearest dragon, we tire of stagnation. Day by day, we follow the same routine but there are times where we question if there could be something more. But we cannot agree on what it is that we should do. So we wish to change this world, should it be led by what we might see or what we wish to see?[break][break]

The dragon was stunned into silence, for the twins had asked a question that it itself had been wondering for the longest time. But what was the right answer to their question? The dragon closed its eyes and sat in silence for the longest of time. And when it finally opened its eyes once more, it looked to the twins and said:[break][break]

My children, I too wonder the same. For our creator has never once answered this question of mine. So I wish to search for the answer myself, I wish to see the world change in many miraculous ways and I wish to see the worlds that each of you seek.[break][break]

The dragon sighed and began reaching into itself, soon splitting itself into two - Black and white, heart and mind, ideals and truth. One that sought a world where all things beautiful would flourish and another that sought a world where all the lies and misconceptions would be torn asunder."
[break][break]

Sighing, she goes back to doodling on the page.[break][break]

"Neither will win, because one reminds us to fight for all things beautiful while the other helps to keep us grounded. I have an idea of where the two halves are... I kinda wanna meet them some day."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 4:08:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]One dragon with a cloud of uncertainty casting a veil over his heart. He was unsure whether the world should be bound by its truths or given the freedom to strive for its ideals. Yet he remained inert, stewing on this question for Arceus knows how long, focused more on the preservation of his perfect creation. Then two twins, each plagued by the same question, had the guts to approach him and ask him for his opinion on the matter.[break][break]

Isaac's hand settled on his chest. For a second, it seemed he would tear himself in half, just as the dragon had.[break][break]

Yet the moment the dragon parted from itself, its fate had been sealed. The question wasn't how they would craft this new world together. It was which of the two would win. The difference between the two was already irreconcilable, far too diametrically opposed. At the same time, complete victory for either would be impossible. Without ideals, truth became an oppressive shackle, enforcing the very monotony it once sought to explore and explain. Without truth, ideals were little more than dreams and desires, floating away from all possibility before they could have any impact.[break][break]

Isaac, too, gazed upon the dragons in his life. The truth of what Rocket was; terrorists, monsters, disruptions, threats to Hoenn's continued stability. The ideal of what Rocket could be; an alternative way, a home for those who slipped through the cracks, a collection of traumatized people who deserved far better.[break][break]

Filling the space between, something cold, something monstrous, something anathema to all life on Hoenn. Truths, ideals, Kanto, Hoenn, League, Rocket . . . for all the people debating those, some people just didn't care. Some only wanted what they wanted, how they wanted it, and didn't care what bone-chilling atrocities they needed to commit to get it.[break][break]

"Had a feeling you weren't just talking old fairy tales," Isaac said, Eris' last words shaking him out of his reverie. "You're really gonna try and look for 'em, huh? Sounds like a heck of an adventure. Y'know, for once we're outta here."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 5:26:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I made a promise with momma a long time ago. That we would go adventuring together and learn whatever we could about all the legendary pokemon out there."[break][break]

That promise had been broken so easily and now those hopeful, idyllic days were behind her.[break][break]

"If I ever get out of here." She interrupts him, the tip of her pencil crunching as she applies a little too much force. "It's definitely better than Rocket's prison but a cell is still a cell no matter how you try to make it pretty."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 5:38:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A promise to her mother.[break][break]

A promise to her dead mother.[break][break]

A promise to her mother, who had been torn away from her by Team Rocket.[break][break]

A promise to her mother, which had been torn away from her by the League.[break][break]

"When," Isaac corrected. "C'mon, Eris. You've got your whole life ahead of you. This isn't how it ends. Not when there's still so much out there."[break][break]

The goal wasn't as much of a failure as Eris feared it was. There were all of the strange, rare Pokemon that Eris had acquired in her short life. There were all of the beasts she had encountered, though regrettably as enemies more often than not.[break][break]

And there was the little mischief-maker that Isaac just knew was watching right now.[break][break]

"It's not just a promise you made her. It's a promise she made to you, too. And that promise is still written in your heart. That means it's forever." He stole a quick glance at the book, those incredible sketches that Eris had drawn, the story that she had recited with perfect memory and clarity. Eris' mother may have been gone, but the mark she had left on her was undeniable. "I know she's always going to be watching over you. And I'm not gonna let the promise you made each other stay locked up here."[break][break]

"And that's my promise, y'hear?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 17:26:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's still so much out there, but how much is she going to be able to do?[break][break]

"Isn't it better if she... doesn't see what's gonna happen? She's already had to watch me almost die over and over again... and I've cried lots but she can't be here to talk to me..." Her voice grows shaky, but she pulls it together with a small bit of air being sucked through her teeth. "I've changed so much... I'm... probably not the little girl that she remembers..."[break][break]

Try as she might, she can't control the trembles in her body, her lines wavering as her pencil slows to a halt.[break][break]

"How are you going to get me out when Miss Melody thinks I'm dangerous enough to be kept in here? They're probably all waiting for me to pick a side too... Both Rocket and the League... And if I don't pick their side... but what's gonna stop any of them from hurting pa?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 19:50:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I know she can't talk like you or I can. But whenever you're feeling alone, or scared, or worried, all you have to do is close your eyes and think of her. And then you'll see that, no matter what happens, she's always on your mind and in your heart." Pure, unconditional love was a force stronger than even death.[break][break]

It was one Isaac had never known. Not from his family. He saw firsthand how quickly the 'always' dried up once his father knew the truth of his parentage. He felt the tension growing colder and harsher all the while, contrasted directly by the adoration his little brother had been showered in. Resentment festered in the pit of his gut at the memory.[break][break]

He could feel the specter of hatred looming over him. And he crushed its throat before it could speak. So what if he was the worst person to talk about this? Eris was more important than his hangups.[break][break]

"It's okay that you've changed. We can't be little forever." Isaac's voice was quiet as he spoke. "Growing up's never easy. And it's been harder for you than it ever should've had to be. But . . . even if you've changed, she's always gonna recognize you. She's always going to love you. And even if she worries, she's always gonna be proud of you."[break][break]

Tears gathered in Isaac's eyes as he told Eris the words he'd never gotten to hear. He refused to let them flow. This wasn't about him.[break][break]

" . . . has her hangups. Rocket's hurt her, too. In ways worse than they've ever hurt me, or even you. She's never gonna see what we see. It's kinda hard to blame her for it." His voice was a complicated mixture of disgust and understanding. He could never forgive Rocket for what they'd done. He could never blame Eris for not living Melody's life. He could never forgive Melody for what she'd done. He could never blame her for not living Eris' life. "She's trying her best. But . . . even when someone loves you, and tries their best, they can hurt you worse than if they didn't try at all."[break][break]

"You're not dangerous, though. You're just tired of being yanked around." Every time the chain tightened around her throat, Eris pulled back. It sliced the hands of her captors, but tore at her own throat. "That's why I'm even here. If I can just get what they're all doing to you through their thick heads . . ."[break][break]

"Do you remember what you told me? After the summit, when I went to check up on you?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]