played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 19:52:15 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
That one misstep was all he needed. Felix had naturally consumed Elisabeth in the speed and intricacies of his own step, moving with the brisk speed they'd already preestablished, with the only difference lying with who now led them forward. The twirl of her dress, the shift of his legs, the spin of gold around them -- it all fell within his grasp to control.

But, like with Elisabeth, he offered no pre-set intentions for their waltz. No delicately concealed plans for where to take their night. All he held between his fingers was one unfaltering wish: to help.

"You're wrong," she assured her, point blank and without a spec of resistance. "Because I want nothing from you."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 20:05:42 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

His face became all at once familiar and unfamiliar as he made his empty vow to her, his mask leaving a blank slate for her to replace with any other man she had known. He could have been any of them in this moment, swearing his sincerity to her, insisting on her happiness being paramount.[break][break]

And didn't she always want to believe them? Didn't she always want to think the best of others, to taste the honeyed lies on lips that spoke them oh so sweetly?[break][break]

Resentment burned as this instinct rekindled itself in her, fighting it down and suppressing it as her eyes glared up at his: for daring to trick her so brazenly, and with such a cruel lie.[break][break]

"I don't think we know one another, then. Because I have yet to meet a man as selfless as you describe."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit: Front & Back, Hairstyle, Butterfly Mask.[break]
- Masquerade Spin-Off Thread #6.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 21:43:03 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
There it was. Finally the blow that'd find itself true to Felix's beating heart. Flinching, he barely recovered in his dance, head turning to move their bodies closer toward the center of the floor. In the glimmering lights of Champaign gold, one could find the delicate tightening of his jaw.

"Why is it selfless not to want anything from you?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 6:53:33 GMT
[nospaces]

"That is the meaning of selflessness, is it not? To care nothing for how something benefits you, so long as it benefits another."[break][break]

Were she more sober, she might have snatched back the lead from him in this brief window of vulnerability. Instead, she let herself stumble with him, allowing the discord of their conversation to seep into their dance.[break][break]

He caught her, in the end, as he had promised he would. He made good on his word, defending and protecting her without asking anything in return.[break][break]

It made the deception all the more alarming to her, that he could make it feel so real.[break][break]

This time when she looked up at him, there was a sadness laced in her words, tinged with curiosity and, perhaps, a whisper of fear.[break][break]

"You seem to know me. But which version of me do you know, I wonder? Not all of me is worth the thankless effort you wish to expend."[break][break]

It was easier to love a lie.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 6:51:20 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I suppose."

But there was more to it than that. Her happiness - it was all he could wish for, especially at that moment, if only for the chance to prove to himself that it is possible. That her mistakes wouldn't weigh on her the way he did.

Those die like an unspoken breath in his throat.

"That's not true."

They clumsily kick into another twirl, the harshness of her words finally finding their mark against the steel of his skin. Fortunately, it doesn't take long for him to correct his form and regain control of their swaying movement.

"You know," He sighed, hand tightening around hers, a bubble of frustration building beneath the pull of his skin, "you make a lot of decisions for people."

This conversation, this waltz, this dance - they've had it countless times before. Leaving him to wonder: when will the music come to an end?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 7:03:55 GMT
[nospaces]

"I do?"[break][break]

Agitation had faded out into confusion, the cloud of uncertainty fogging her mind as she fell into his rhythm and tempo. Grace that had come from composure and years of practice had fled her, his increased confidence directly tied to her increasing lack thereof.[break][break]

Her green eyes broke away from his stare, uncomfortable and ashamed of what she saw reflected back at her.[break][break]

"Usually it's the other way around. I feel like people are always deciding who I am and what I want for me."[break][break]

A question hovered on the tip of her tongue, but she bit it back. Curiosity had led her astray so many times. Why open another door, only to be punished for it?[break][break]

"How are you different, then?" she asked instead.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:37:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
How was he different?

The question bit into him, teeth sharpened by the newfound care he took to answering. As they took to another spin, arms extending and furling back around her shoulders, all in a grandiose display of shimmering splendor, Felix's expression kept stony, thoughts hectic and fluttering.

"I could answer," he starts, hesitation slipping through, "but I'm not sure it matters."

There was no point. She'll always just pull out another reason to find doubt, then validation for the said seed of doubt.

"I'd rather prove it to you."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 6:03:31 GMT
[nospaces]

Prove it to her?[break][break]

Thoughts swam helplessly in her mind as they moved as one: two pieces sliding into place on the dancefloor, fitting into their final alignment.[break][break]

White advances, black retreats, she found herself thinking, the mental strain of their dance as silently taxing as any game of chess she'd shared with her father. Black Queen is exposed to White Knight.[break][break]

Did she want to lose this game, though? Did she want to be proven wrong?[break][break]

The traitorous fluttering of anticipation in her heart answered her, and she silenced that thought before it could rise to the surface.[break][break]

Courage came to her at last as she studied his face, finding it unreadable in its stony demeanor. "Who are you, then?" she dared to ask him, her hands tightening where they held him. "Tell me, so that I'll know if you ever prove yourself as you wish to."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 6:30:59 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
To Elisabeth this might've been a game of chess, prolonged to its final act, but for Felix, there was no game nor no victors to be had. Only losers.

Selfishly, he didn't want her to come out as the loser.

To her question, for the first time, his lips found themselves into a small smile. Then a low chuckle.

"Sure. I have nothing to hide."

Not from you.

He drew their dance to a slow, too occupied by the way his hand reached up toward his simple black mask, pulling it down so that it loosely hung around his neck.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 6:57:51 GMT
[nospaces]

The smile that remained as his mask fell served as his final disguise.[break][break]

For as long as she'd known , his face had been a blank slate, rarely disturbed by emotion. What precious few did color his expression in her company had included anger, confusion, sorrow -- never joy, as it revealed itself to be now.[break][break]

Mystified by this puzzle, her emerald eyes squinted up at him uncomprehendingly before they found familiarity in his height, then in his jawline, until at last finding clarity in the sharpness of his green eyes.[break][break]

"Oh." This sole syllable slipped out, dizzied by a drunkenness that reflected itself with stars in her eyes. The dance slowed and stilled into silence. "It's you."[break][break]

It was not a standard apology, but it possessed the echo of regret nonetheless.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 2:15:29 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The light and feathery feeling of happiness was a rarity Felix could never properly capture. Only with a few could he ever feel himself drawing from the pool most others greedily drank from. However, with , even if joy had never been revealed to her, much less reflected off a small smile, Felix always found himself enjoying her presence.

Because, around her, he didn't just find anger, confusion, or sorrow. He found a semblance of peace. Something, for the longest time, he thought to be lost.

It was why he smiled now, below the winking starlight of the ballroom.

"Do you still not trust me, Elisabeth?"

@eliabeth

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 2:28:27 GMT
[nospaces]

His smile shamed her, slightly.[break][break]

She squeezed his hand gently in her own instead of speaking, lashes lowered as the flush of alcohol darkened her face with its raw blush. All of the words she'd said here, she'd meant in full. Nothing she'd spoken had been untrue, not in terms of how she thought of the world and of men.[break][break]

And though she'd struck Felix with her verbal barbs many times, he'd not deserved some of the slings and arrows she'd flung at him here.[break][break]

An apology sat heavy on her tongue before she swallowed it back, attempting a weak smile that met his in return. Rather than answer him, she leaned forward to press a feather-light kiss upon his cheek -- a typical Kalosian farewell, one that she'd done many times before, in many ballrooms like this one.[break][break]

"I'm glad it was you," she said softly in his ear before she pulled away. "Enjoy your night."[break][break]

Her fingertips began to unlace from his, attempting to disentangle herself from him and fade into a cloak of anonymity once more.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 2:40:30 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
She should've known by then, Felix wished for nothing in return. Not even an apology had found itself on his list of expectations, harsh as her slings and arrows might've been. He'd be lying if none of them found its mark across his chest, but compared to all she'd experienced, and all he'd been through, it was nothing more than a few more wounds to lick back at home.

But, more than those words, or the bullets of anguish he'd once felt in that forest where their fates had first intertwined with one another, what Elisabeth did next dug into his flesh, tearing muscle into string and mashing heart into mush.

Blinking, he froze beneath the gentle kalsonian farewell on his cheek, then the soft words that accompanied them.

"Elisabeth..."

It wasn't until she twirled away that the frost snapped off from the joints of his bone, allowing oil to slick his system back to life and bring movement back into his legs.

"Elisabeth wait."

He wouldn't let her leave. Not like this.

He reached for her shoulder, looking to anchor her back to him, back to the dance they'd shared.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 2:44:20 GMT
[nospaces]

Arrested in place by the touch of his hand, he tethered her here with his soft plea.[break][break]

Glancing over her shoulder, she look at him with the faintest flicker of confusion from beneath her golden butterfly mask. Beneath the twinkling lights adorning the Insectarium's dancefloor, it seemed burnished to an incandescent sheen.[break][break]

"What is it?" she asked, halting mid-step.[break][break]

If he wanted to pull her back into the dance, it would take but a single motion to return back to where they'd begun mere minutes ago.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
NOCTURNE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 4:07:13 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
His hand dropped, traveling from her shoulder to her hand, where it stayed. It kept frozen by the fear that one slip, one lick of hesitation, was all it would take for her to finally break free and never return.

So despite the small threat of trembles riding up his legs, despite the quiver of his lip, which once held the lightest forms of a smile, Felix kept himself there, solid and firm, as he's always been around her.

"One more dance."

Please.