em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 0:10:59 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The first thing Em thought when his phone buzzed with an incoming message from James was a confused, but…I didn’t order any food today?[break][break]

And then he remembered that oh yeah, they were like actual friends now. For real, for reals. Not just some weird, imagined scenario in his head where he had an active social life and wasn’t an introverted, excessively shy recluse. Though, apparently to his credit, he was starting to break that mold some, huh?[break][break]

He scrambles when he realizes it’s an offer to meet up, though he can’t really discern any reason for that. Still, he throws his hoodie on and tries to look at least a little less like a hot mess. But the bar is only like a block or two away from his place so it doesn’t take him long to get there once he’s finally on his way.[break][break]

Breathless and red from the cold, Em spots his friend at the end of the bar, and scrambles onto the tall stool beside him. “Hey Jamie!” A smile fixed on his face fades once he gets a better look at his face. “Everything okay?” But maybe he’s just tired, Em doesn’t know.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]   [break]
mission[break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mincinno"]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#ad6c83; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/8PFdQSQx/FEC1-A551-E634-42-D4-8298-1-F856798-C68-E.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 15:42:10 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","bakerboy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

it's a bit selfish of james, really, to call on a friend like this when he's not in the best place mentally, but he's also in the mood to hang out which is the first step he's taken in moving away from being so obsessed with work.[break][break]

he hopes em doesn't mind or doesn't find it weird.[break][break]

his concerns flutter to the back of his mind when he sees his friend. he waves, offering a smile that falls flat.[break][break]

"hey em!"[break][break]

he nods.[break][break]

"yeah, work's just been kicking my butt recently, but that's nothing new."[break][break]

his chuckle is accompanied by a gesture for the bartender to come around.[break][break]

"so! what are you drinking?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 6:05:44 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Emerson didn’t think anything of James’ request to hang out. Or rather, he hadn’t thought it strange or selfish. If anything, it feels like a big deal Emerson now has a friend to hang out with in the first place.[break][break]

And on the other hand, he hasn’t found it odd that the other has been busy up to this point, either. He generally keeps pretty busy with work too.[break][break]

Still… the way his expression falls feels a little more than just work stress. Em isn’t about to push, though. “Oof yeah, I’ll bet. At least you can catch a break for a bit.”[break][break]

He hums, glance scanning over the cocktail menu written up on a chalkboard on the opposite wall. “Probably just, like, a sidecar…” Weirdly enough, despite the sweet tooth he has, it doesn’t carry over to drinks.[break][break]

“You?”

[break][break]

mission[break]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#ad6c83; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/8PFdQSQx/FEC1-A551-E634-42-D4-8298-1-F856798-C68-E.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 7:16:01 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"i think i'll try the same, then."[break][break]

he glances over the cocktail menu with relative indifference mostly because he's unfamiliar with the majority of them. it's nice that they list the ingredients of each drink but he still has no idea what the drink would taste like.[break][break]

"i don't usually drink much. this is actually my first time out in months."[break][break]

chuckling, he closes the menu and gives em a bump on his shoulder.[break][break]

"so i'll leave it in your hands."

[break][break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 2:39:45 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

“It’s a classic, at least.” Em shrugs, unbothered. He doesn’t often deviate from what he’s familiar with, when he’s grown accustomed to it.[break][break]

Stepping outside of his comfort zone has never been a strong suit, though he’s doing that by showing up tonight instead of bailing, isn’t he?[break][break]

He blinks a few times, head tilting. “Really?” A sudden rush of color floods his face as he pauses. “Oh, I mean about going out, not the drinking bit. I don’t much either. Just enough to know my way around a drink menu.”[break][break]

Rocking with the slight nudge, he smiles—a feeble, nervous little thing. “Can’t believe you’re wasting your first outing on me. I’m sure you’ve got friends who are way more entertaining.”[break][break]

Definitely not him, who’s often too shy and reserved to go out period.

[break][break]

mission[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 11:02:45 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"nah! give yourself a little more credit than that, em. you're great."[break][break]

his words are as genuine as the smile that so easily forms when in the company of good friends.[break][break]

"but if this drink sucks then it's on you."[break][break]

he laughs before waving down the bartender to order them their drinks. two sidecars. it does not take long before their drinks return.[break][break]

holding up his glass, he raises it towards em.[break][break]

"thanks for coming out, man. cheers."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 4:35:12 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

A soft scoff of laughter follows as he looks down at his hands folded neatly on the bar top. “Oh, well that’s kind of you to say. I’m not usually very social, so.”[break][break]

Doesn’t have many friends is what he means. But he’s lucky to have James as one of the few.[break][break]

“Guess I can take the fall for that. Can’t go wrong with citrus though, in my opinion.”[break][break]

Lifting his own he tilts it toward the other. “Yeah, of course. I was surprised, but happy to hang.” Even if it’s outside of his typical, self-imposed bubble. Then he tips his glass back and drinks.

[break][break]

mission[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 15:50:03 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

james isn't usually very social, too, but probably for a different reason than em. still, he appreciates the effort em has made in their friendship so far. he only hopes he can put the same amount in return.[break][break]

this is a start, he supposes.[break][break]

"i know it's weeks after the new year but do you have any resolutions?"[break][break]

despite toasting, he's yet to drink his sidecar.[break][break]

"any you've given up on already?"[break][break]

he chuckles, asking it mostly as a joke.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 1:05:16 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Little by little, he’s finding it nicer to spend time around people. For the longest, he was content for it to be exclusively through the barrier of a computer screen on a good day. So it’s nice. Having a friend.[break][break]

“Go out more,” he says simply, then laughs.[break][break]

It’s not really a joke, though. There’s a part of him that’s grown more curious about the world enough to venture out into again. Difficult as that can be on a lot of days.[break][break]

Retreating to his home and hiding away is always the more alluring option. The safer option.[break][break]

Though James doesn’t touch his drink, Em does sip at his. Long and slow before his head tilts. Then, his nose wrinkles in amusement. “Some days…going out more.”[break][break]

He waves a hand in dismissal of his own thoughts, though. “What about you? Big scholar like you, there’s gotta be something you’re gunning for.”

[break][break]

mission[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 14:28:20 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

james laughs as well not because of em's answer but because of his laugh, finding it almost too easy to join in.[break][break]

"me?"[break][break]

he thinks for a moment, then laughs again even before he answers.[break][break]

"go out more."[break][break]

finally, he raises his drink and sips.[break][break]

"spend more time with my friends and family. i think i've been too much of a recluse recently. basically shut myself off from everyone for months."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 22:34:36 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

“Well, yeah, you.” The response prompts another laugh, though.[break][break]

“Okay…so we match. That just means we can bother each other about it.”[break][break]

Accountability or whatever. He takes another swig of his drink, the contents knocking back easier once the initial sip is out of the way. He’s not exactly a lightweight, but he’s not a heavyweight either. Thank being 5’5 and all twig limbs for that.[break][break]

Em looks down at his glass, though, considering. “I’ve practically always been a recluse, so I think you’ve got a head start,” he comments, glancing over with a small grin. “You’ve got a headstart on friends and family to usher you back in. I’m sure it’ll take you no time at all.”[break][break]

There’s no resentment as he says as much. Emerson actively chose to be more or less a hermit, and he’d never been close to his family or fond of the high expectations held for him. It’s why he never went back to Paldea after graduating.[break][break]

Still… he has his reasons now for wanting to do even just a little bit better.

[break][break]

mission[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 17:42:26 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"oh, you give me way too much credit, em."[break][break]

far too much.[break][break]

"truth is i barely see either and it's no one's fault but my own. i've lost friends, fuck, i just lost my girlfriend a few days ago as well because of it."[break][break]

he shrugs a shoulder, finger tracing along the curve of his glass.[break][break]

"but work is everything i know. it's what i love doing. i don't know what i'd be doing otherwise."[break][break]

delivering food, probably.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 6:15:57 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

“Not at all.” It’s a stubborn insistence. One that he shakes his head as he says.[break][break]

His head tilts, though, and he falls silent as he listens.[break][break]

Coppery red eyes watch James with a degree of sympathy.[break][break]

“I’m sorry that happened.” And truly, he is because a tentative hand stretches to rest on his friend’s upper arm. “My point is—at least you had something to risk losing in the first place.”[break][break]

Emerson isn’t often friendly or outgoing. Maybe sweet at times, or endearing. But he’s awkward and shy and poor at handling more than a few stable connections at a time. And something he doesn’t like to hear at all—[break][break]

“You shouldn’t feel bad for what you love doing.” Emerson doesn’t go home. There’s a reason for that. “Even if you need balance, you’re not wrong for doing something that excites or fuels you.”

[break][break]

mission[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 12:18:41 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

em's sympathy, even if james doesn't touch upon it, is appreciated. he tries his best to show it in the way he smiles in return.[break][break]

"yeah, i guess you're right."[break][break]

he raises his glass to sip, drowning any thoughts and concerns that arise. he does not want to dwell on the past now, not when in the company of a friend.[break][break]

"did you know what you wanted to be when you were young? like, what you wanted to do when you were older?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
miracle mile [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 17:26:06 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

He lets out a short laugh. “I try my best, truly.” Maybe.[break][break]

Em’s brows furrow, face twisting up in a look of consideration that bordered on goofy. “No exactly. I’ve always been good with tech and stuff, experimenting with it and building. But I don’t think I really knew ‘til a couple years ago.”[break][break]

aka when he figured out he was good at the not so legal stuff too.[break][break]

His nose wrinkles and he takes a drink. “Definitely knew I didn’t want to do what my dad does, though. Lawyer. He put me on the career track, made me do all the club activities.”[break][break]

Emerson would not be a good lawyer.[break][break]

“Why do you ask?”

[break][break]

mission[break]