she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 5:39:34 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
Rory and James were friends...in a way. She had met him once or twice before, usually through a friend, or through a friend of a friend, or particularly the last time they spoke, through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend's cousin.

But those were just details.

Small, minute imperfections of the overall big picture that they did know each other, and in just a few day's time, she'd be attending an expedition with him. Well, James and a few other 'important people', as per his words.

Hair tied together pulled two messy, low-hanging buns, the young engineer was waiting beside the rickety sign they'd agreed to meet at. Beside her, a spunky mawile stood guard, arms pointedly crossed over her chest.

Anxious, Rory fished out her phone from her back pocket and sent out a quickie text.

'hey! I'm at the spot. Are you close?'

electric/steel

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 15:51:53 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","bakerboy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

those minute details aren't really cared about by james either. rory's his friend regardless of how they met or however many times they've met. he is, however, incredibly bad at keeping up with his friends. but once in a blue moon he does make an effort.[break][break]

this meeting today, however, serves another purpose. he needs to look into these new paldean pokemon, after all, so what better way to do that than with a friend?[break][break]

her text is not responded to but thankfully he shows up a few minutes later.[break][break]

"sorry! sorry. i'm here."[break][break]

he greets her with a smile as his manectric bounds up behind him.[break][break]

"it's good to see you, rory! you look well."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
elec/steel[break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 6:45:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DURALUDON APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STALWART
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HELIOLISK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PARABOLIC CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 7:32:44 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
"Hey!"

With the radiance of the sun, the engineer's gloomy expression lit right back up when the other finally arrived. She hadn't thought he had forgotten about their meeting, but deep down, there was a tiny fear echoing out the possibility of him rescheduling. Which meant she pushed herself out of the house for nothing.

"You too! It's been a while. How's school going for you?"

If she remembered correctly, he was still in grad school completing something medical-related. The details were still fuzzy, but it didn't matter much in the end anyways.

Taking the first step of their walk through the lower district, Rory almost instantly noticed a familiar looking skyscraper poke his head out from one of the nearby alley ways.

"Ooo look!"

She gestured over to the pokemon excitedly. Not only was it one of her favorite steel types, she had yet to pocket one for herself! Her Mawile knew this all too well, because without hesitation the fairy type made her way over, waving over the stray mon with her giant mouth. The pokemon followed, frightened, and moved up to approach both Rory and James.

"Hey buddy. Want to maybe join my party? "

She offered him a pokeball to solidfy their pact.

catching duraludon
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 11:12:37 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"oh uh school's school, i guess. it's fine! but work's been crazy."[break][break]

as they begin their walk, their first encounters appear not too long after that. he pulls out his pokedex, letting it scan the heliolisk since he's more than familiar with the duraludon.[break][break]

"aw, the duraludon's cute."[break][break]

he smiles at the interaction between them, then watches the heliolisk run away.[break][break]

looking back over at rory, he asks:[break][break]

"are you looking for a job?"

[break][break]

elec/steel[break]
skipping![break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 9:42:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JOLTEON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] VOLT ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PIN MISSILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LAST RESORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KILOWATTREL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WIND POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLUCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE DURALUDON!
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 17:04:06 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
A job?

Sparks of interest splattered her bright eyes, only to fizzle out as realization donned on her. She couldn't forget her obligations tied to rocket. That came first, unfortunately.

"Depends. What kind of job?"

After duraludon had secured itself to her party, another pokemon scampered out from the woodwork. It looked to be shy, but after seeing the duo treat the last pokemon, its curiousity naturally overtook it's fear. Slowly, it hobbled to them.

"Ah, another cutie!"

Kneeling down beside it, Rory reached out her hand, letting the small pokemon to get a whiff of her before encroaching closer to it.

As James would go onto describing the job, Rory would keep her gaze set into the eeveelution, eventually moving to ask it the same question she asked the duraludon.

Catching Jolteon
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 14:10:21 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"it's kinda top secret."[break][break]

not really. he just likes pretending that it is.[break][break]

"it's for a specific division within silph co."[break][break]

but before he could explain more, the sound of a bird draws his attention above. his eyes widen at the sight of a KILOWATTREL — he'd only read about them in articles! to see one in person...[break][break]

he reaches into his backpack and holds up a berry, offering it. it swoops down low to accept, then circles around james before landing on his shoulder.[break][break]

"okay, cool."[break][break]

he smiles, then turns back to rory.[break][break]

"have you heard of an anomaly?"

[break][break]

elec/steel[break]
catching kilowattrel![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 4:48:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ELECTRIKE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MINUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHOCK WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ODOR SLEUTH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HONEDGE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AERIAL ACE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER TRICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AUTOTOMIZE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:57:50 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar

"Oh!"

With the exuberance of a child, at the mention of a secret, Rory's face lit up. Leaning forward, she pushed back a piece of hair behind her ear to listen closer.

"Silph co."

The name rung more than a few bells. Namely, when she was much younger and much more naive, it was the company to where she dreamt of. Strived for.

If only she didn't wind up under rocket's thumb.

"Mm. Do you mean like avatarship and mega evolution?"

Rory wasn't the most well versed in the topic, but she recalled reading of it once before. Deviation from the norm.

As the duo spoke, a small scamp of a dog shuffled over. Electricity enunciated it's happy pounce. Rory reached down to scoop the young pup.

Catching electrike
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 12:14:33 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"yeah! those are anomalies."[break][break]

he nods as equally enthused.[break][break]

"they're basically events that deviate from the natural order of things. it's what the division researches, and we currently need more researchers."[break][break]

as he explains, a honedge passes by, though chooses not to engage with them.[break][break]

"so, if you're interested, let me know! it would be great to have you."

[break][break]

elec/steel[break]
skipping![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 3:07:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WATTREL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMPETITIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRACOZOLT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AERIAL ACE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON TAIL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE ELECTRIKE!

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 23:33:03 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar

Rory blinked. Then blinked again. Then blinked three times just to make sure she was hearing him correctly. 

"Me?" 

Her voice was no more than a squeak. A small echo of the shock that vibrated throughout her body. 

Naturally, her index finger found itself coiling a strain of hair around it. Again and again, as they spoke, the strain of hair was coiled into a tight curl, then released, then curled again.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'd love to learn more, but um, are you sure? Me?"

During this time, incoming wattrel would find itself perching on top of her shoulder. It looked to have wanted to find someone to play. And Rory fit that description just enough. 

Catching wattrel
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 9:16:07 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"yeah! you."[break][break]

her disbelief mirrors his when he first heard back from silph co to proceed ahead with his first interview. he remembers having to step away from his laptop and coming back later to make sure it was real.[break][break]

"i'll take your response as a yes, then. i'll talk to my boss and then i think we can set up a time to interview you."[break][break]

if it were up to him, she would have been hired on the spot. but he's not running the division, sadly. not yet.[break][break]

ahead of them, his manectric has somehow managed to befriend a dracozolt. the large dragon-type waddles over, excited to meet them.[break][break]

"you'll ace it, i'm sure."

[break][break]

elec/steel[break]
catching dracozolt![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
inhibitions [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 10:05:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VIKAVOLT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VICE GRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHIELDON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOUNDPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENDURE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL BURST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!