March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Daycare Debacle [M][C/Vanessa]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 10:52:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
TO: Shalin Nariya (shalin.nariya@hoennrangers.gov)
CC: (super.sonikku@hoenn.net)
MISSION: "Daycare Debacle"
PROTOCOL: Dispersal
DANGER: ★★☆☆☆

The Verdanturf Rangers have received a large quantity of tickets from Route 117's Daycare requesting rescues of Pokémon that have gone missing, including a daycare manager's Fuecoco. While these missions serve as great experience for new Rangers to get their feet wet, Verdanturf's Ranger Captain has noticed some concerning trends.

All of the recovered Pokémon have shown evidence of being attacked by Mightyena. While Mightyena are known for being present in Route 117's wilds, their numbers have been growing unusually large. If this continues, the impact to the Daycare's bottom line could be catastrophic.

Your mission objectives are as follows:

A) Investigate the cause of the Mightyena attacks.
B) Rescue any daycare Pokémon you come across; please see attachment 1 for a list of Pokémon not yet accounted for.
C) Disperse any Mightyena dens you find with the radius indicated in attachment 2.
D) Relocate the displaced Mightyena to a suitable habitat outside the above radius, using the Poké Balls provided.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Shalin was a little nervous as she sat astride her Beedrill, who was hunched over outside the Daycare's rear enclosure, the north side of which had several wooden planks covering holes the Mightyena in question likely created when they kidnapped patrons' Pokémon. The two were to meet just outside its confines. While it was fun watching the small Pokémon at play, reminding her of when Kiara was still a Litleo, she had work to do.

Now where was her partner? She didn't recognize the name nor the email address, and any direct communication she attempted to send bounced...

{WC: 291}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Queen Zing     Beedrill        Good
close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanessarosiello
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 3:38:12 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
It had been a pretty cool morning, just like any other. A quick breakfast followed by practicing laps around the track in order to train up for the upcoming minor league cup. But she heard her phone let out a soft buzz as a message ended up in her inbox. She flipped the screen to see an email from the person that josh had been talking about. Shoving it inside of her hoodie, Sonikku rushed over towards the meeting location with great haste.

She arrived a short while after Shalin had put her phone down and continued waiting patiently. The multicolored menace slid into the back of the daycare as smooth as ever, twirling around while presenting herself to the woman. "Hellooooo, partner!~" she snickered o herself, hands on her hips while showing off to the woman in green. "You must be that woman Josh was telling me about in he Rangers. Nice to finally meet you!" She looked over to the fence as her mood soured, furrowing her brows.

"That stuff with the Mightyenas is serious business though. We gotta make sure this doesn't happen again."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 22:21:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Wow, was this woman ever energetic! No wonder Josh was suggesting she meet her! "Glad to finally get to meet you, too! Name's Shalin, wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" The Beedrill beat her wings just below the threshold of human hearing as she spread her stings wide, looking to embrace the multicolored, heterochromatic trainer if she allowed it. Sonikku could have been able to feel the wake of wind from the Beedrill's wings going even at such a low speed. "And this is Queen Zing, my Beedrill and perhaps my most loyal Pokémon. She'll be helping with the Mightyena problem. What's your name? I didn't recognize you at all from the email briefing."

Of course, she had other Pokémon with her, but they would come out as they became useful. As much as she loved joyriding around Hoenn with her senses dulled, she learned from former Head Ranger the importance of staying on task. "If you don't have a ride of your own, I've got plenty to go around! It'll help us cover more ground and figure out what's got these Mightyena so upset."

{WC: 190}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 4:27:43 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
Even just by looking at her, Sonikku could tell that this Shalin woman was super hyped up like herself. She leaned in as Shalin introduced herself as the wildest Pokemon rider. She sat her head on top of the bridge in between her thumb and index finger, grinning as wide as could be. "Wildest Pokémon rider, huh? I hope there's a spot for you after I snatch that title from you!~" she snickered to herself while observing the Beedrill in question. The first thing that caught her eye was the size. Like this was the biggest Beedrill ever. She'd need way more than a bottle of insect spray to kill this thing. The multicolored racer, rocked on her two feet as it would seem to want her to climb on. "Queen Zing? With a name like that, no wonder you're super big for a Beedrill!" The menace gently patted the side of her carapace before asked to introduce herself. With that trademark Sonikku flair, she'd strike a pose and then turn her back to the two. So dramatic!~

"Me? I'm the terror of the track, the warrior of the wind, the wayward wooloo w-ally..." The girl turned around, flashing a trademark peace sign and a little cute pose, sticking her tongue out for added effect. "The Soon-to-be Superstar, Sonniku!~"

The girl bounced back onto her feet while Shalin offered some of her Pokemon. Of course, she had various ways of getting around on the ground and one in the sky. But she wanted to test Josh's claims about Shalin were right. "A ride sounds awesome, Shalin! I'll take whatever you're keen on giving me! But we should get a move on. Those Mightyenas aren't gunna quiet themselves down."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 2:47:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Another hyperactive girl with a face that stood out? Now this was a friend she could get behind! It seemed she wanted to challenge Shalin for her title, and was serious about it, too, from the grin on her face! Was she a Pokémon rider, too? She was certainly a brave one, willingly approaching the shiny, saddled Beedrill and looking at them like she wanted to mount the bug-type with her. She waved the flat of one of her stings toward Sonikku before facing the woods north of the Pokémon playground.

Shalin smiled and laughed at the girl's dramatic introduction. This young lady made her look stoic with her own grandiose saying. "I think we'll get along great, Sonikku!" The green-ette's smile widened when her offer was fearlessly accepted. She sent out her saddled Yanmega, which was also quite a bit bigger than most Pokémon of his species' size. "Flit here will put all your big words to the test, you know that?" she teased. "And you'll want these in your ears, too," Shalin handed the girl her backup set of earplugs. "You'll want these before you take off."

If Sonikku was willing to scamper aboard Flit, the curious dragonfly would put her to the test. He would plant his legs in the ground beneath him to keep himself anchored, then start churning his wings. The shaking would be relaxing at first, but would grow in intensity until reaching the pitch and speed of a shrill BUG BUZZ. He would let his wings buzz at full speed for a few seconds before slowing them down and letting Sonikku fully control the Yanmega through his reins. Shalin and her Beedrill would follow behind once they were headed away from the play area and toward the woods the Mightyena supposedly came from.

{WC: 303}
{PC: 3}

Flit           Yanmega         Good
close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 1:47:43 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
Pat. Pat. Pat the gigantic Beedrill. Sonikku had been uber excited to see such a big Pokémon. No wonder Shalin could get to anyplace in a hurry! With a ride like this, she could be just about anywhere! The green haired woman shared her sentiment about getting along with one another. Josh pretty much called it from the first utterance about Shalin. Sonikku was just happy to see that it was really true! A super hyperactive woman with a love of going fast mixed with outside of the box thinking! "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing~" she smirked, "Josh told me some stuff about you, but not everything! What kind of other Pokémon do you have? Anything that can go as fast as Josh's? And what adventures and stuff have you been on?" The girl was already looking at and asking Shalin about her experiences, a glimmer of amazement in her eyes as she was catching up with everything she was saying. The woman sent out her Yanmega, which only made Sonikku talk even faster. She was bouncing off the walls with what they would be doing today, so it was hardly a chance that she would let those dogs win!

"Flit, huh?" Sonikku asked, leaning forward as she beamed at the Yanmega, gently giving it a pat as well. The carapace was pretty thick! "Nice to meet ya! Can't wait to ride with you!" Shalin handed her earplugs that the younger girl did take, but not without a questionable glance. But Shalin definitely had way more experience with her rideable Pokemon. Sonikku put the plugs in her ears as instructed to and slowly got up on the saddle of the bug type. It was still out of this world to imagine her riding on a bug type like this! Once she was fully seated and sat down, his wings began to hum as their entire form would vibrate. It was only a minor shake by the start of things, like sitting on one of those shaky chairs at the mall, but after a few more moments, the intensity was that of an earthquake! She grinned ear to ear, laughing all the while Flit was turning her insides to goo with his vibrations. "Let's go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!" She yelled out, using the reins to guide the party in the direction of where the Mightyenas had been terrorizing the daycare Pokemon at. On the way, Sonikku would slowly get used to Flit, feeling right at home in the skies above. Shalin stayed nearby as Sonikku would be having the time of her life. "Who-o-o-a-a-a-a! I fe-e-e-e-el like one of tho-o-o-o-ose shaky pudi-i-i-i-iings!"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 6:07:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Even through her earplugs, Shalin could hear Sonikku's hooting and hollering as the duo gained a lot of altitude. She wondered if Flit's impulse to impress the blue-haired girl was a bad idea, perhaps scaring the Mightyena away. The two bugs landed on opposite sides of the top of a giant tree, giving them a good vantage point of the lightly-wooded grassland. "Fun, isn't it?" she said with a raised voice; she would still need to speak up even with the insects' wings silent. "Have you flown on a Yanmega yourself? That much vibration can take a lot of getting used to, and you looked like you were having so much fun!"

With a bit of downtime during their survey, Shalin answered the chipper girl's questions. "No, my Pokémon are nowhere near as close to as fast as his. I'm... I'm actually afraid to ride as fast as his very fastest Pokémon go. You'd never catch me on an Arcanine. They're way too fast." Shalin smiled when Sonikku asked about her other Pokémon. "Well, if you liked Flit so much, I have this Kommo-o I want to show you sometime. They're dragons that attack by vibrating their scales so fast, he can even throw me off him!" She went on to list more highly unusual ride Pokémon, such as Skuntank, Persian, Seismitoad, and Raticate.

Suddenly, Shalin heard some rustling from beneath. "Any idea what that was?" she asked.

{WC: 242}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 0:23:02 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
So. Much. Vibration. Sonikku could feel her inside shaking around like a bowl of gelatin. Shalin probably wouldn't be too excited by this prospect, as the poor teen was shaking faster and faster as they flew over the forest. "Nooooot before! How did you even g-get to ride this thing and not exploooode?" Sonikku asked Shalin, her eyes almost bulging out of her head. But even worse yet was that Shalin's Kommo-o could vibrate more and more! There was no way she was going to step forward and try to do something like that! Not unless she wasn't to end up as a pile of goo on the floor. The girl shuddered at thought of such a fate before a noise below had taken their attention from the leader. Sonikku leaned down, trying to see over the Yanmega. "Huh? I didn't hear anything? I can't really feel anything either..."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 1:45:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was truly looking at a blue-hued mirror image of herself, wasn't she? It seemed the Yanmega tuckered the poor girl out. "It took months of practice to get to where I am now," she explained. "I used to be afraid to be on him at all. It just takes a lot of getting used to. And I've got the perfect place to practice, too. Some other day, how about we meet up at my Romping Grounds northeast of Petalburg Woods? You'll be able to meet all my Pokémon there!" Plus, she wouldn't have to worry about any bystanders giving her the side-eye from some of the utterly ridiculous things she enjoyed doing with her Pokémon.

"If Flit's too intense, how about we switch Pokémon? You might like Queen Zing a little better; she doesn't shake as much when she's flying, even though her wings go faster." Provided she would agree to switching ride Pokémon, Shalin would get a better look at the surface below, peering over the saddled dragonfly's sides. "Look at all those Thievul down there," she pointed. "They're territorial rivals of Mightyena. I think what happened is they took over their territory. I'm gonna light 'em all up!"

With that, the Yanmega took to the skies again, riding down toward a clearing where the Thievul were gathering. Agitated at the Bug-type's presence, the wilds began to leap at the duo with an array of NIGHT SLASHes. While most of them fell short, one of them latched onto Flit's legs, the weight of both Shalin and the Thievul dragging him down. Shalin let go of Flit's reins and stretched her two arms to her sides, forcing her forearm muscles to spasm as part of her Z-Pose.

"FLITTING FORTISSIMO!!!" she shouted, immediately putting her hands back on the reins and holding on for dear life.

As Flit was being dragged to the surface, he churned his wings faster and faster, uprooting grass around himself and even causing trees to creak. The vibration became louder and stronger, the young girl unable to feel a thing. Even at a distance, it would have been easy to see how harshly Shalin was being shaken. Even she looked woozy and bewildered from the feedback of the violently-buzzing wings that left unprotected ears deafened. Several Thievul had collapsed from their internal injuries resulting from the massive shockwave, the others retreating from how much pain the brutal noise in their sensitive ears caused them.

{WC: 413}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 2:47:36 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
"Haha...So many Shalins..." Vanessa said, her vision triple of what it had been. Three copies of Shalin rotated around a central axis in her vision, her mismatched eyes being rubbed up and down while the teenager would try and clear them. She grinned at the invitation to meet all of Shalin's other Pokémon. If tall of them were like this, she was going to have a wild time! "I'd loooove tooo." she said while the Yanmega would mercifully steady itself with her aboard. It helped to clear out some of the mental funk she was going through, with the girl slowly being accustomed to the new minor quaking of the bug type's wings. She shook her head a little and would move to lean off the side to peer at the large pack of Thievuls roaming around on the ground below. "Wow, that's a huge amount of of 'em. I don't think I've ever seen so many before. It's like a little thief's convention or something." their presence was noticed as the smaller Pokémon began to attack the Yanmega and its riders.

Thankfully, Shalin would pose while on top of the Yanmega as Vanessa blinked in confusion. "What are you doIIIIIIIING?" she said, suddenly holding onto the tail for dear life as Flit turned upward as began to increase the vibrations in an area around them. It was fierce, with the ground shaking, trees breaking apart, even the Thievuls wouldn't be spared by the intense vibrations. The unfortunate few latched onto the Yanmega would fall down motionless as their bodies probably weren't in the best condition after that intense boom to their organs. The rest that weren't being crushed by trees or anything would flee, with yips and chirps of pain being heard from afar.

"WOw, you did that in like 1 second flat." Vanessa said, pumping her fist. "You're like the coolest ever, Shalin! And that move too! What was even that? Can all Yanmega do that? I gotta get me one and learn how to ride it!"

A billion more questions poured out of the teen.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 1:49:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Sonikku seemed, in an odd way, a reflection of Shalin herself. She was a boundless well of energy, and like her, seemed to enjoy the thrill of being astride a Pokémon unusual for the task. "We'll need to pick a day to get together, then!" She looked forward to it; perhaps this heterochromatic girl would be the first to conquer one of the explorer's wild romps! None of her other friends were skilled enough riders to do so... or they didn't care to show that skill. One of the two.

Even after Flit landed on the ground, surrounded by unconscious Thievul, Shalin took a couple minutes to recover from what the Yanmega had subject her too. While she was used to strong vibration by now, a Z-Move was something special. She wasn't immune to a shockwave of that strength, either. "No, not all Yanmega can do that," she answered. "That technique was only possible after forming a very close bond with Flit. Are you familiar with what Z-Power is?" she asked, buying time to let the guest rider recover from the maddening shaking.

{WC: 184}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 8:05:55 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
All of this was still pretty new for Sonikku, who had mainly been focusing on racing in general. All of this added, fancy shmancy bonus stuff was just hearing about it for the first time. She held onto Flit during the Flygon's descent back towards the ground, while still visibly shaking from the vibrations. But at least she was all giddy with excitement! "Totally! What day's good for you? I'm good whenever, but Dusk is usually bugging me to for snacks all throughout the afternoon, so I'll probably need to break off during non if we go then. Otherwise, super open."

"And no, what's Z-Power?" she asked. "Is it some kind of way to make your Pokemon faster or something?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 3:20:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Super open? Vanessa seemed like a freelancer, much like herself. She liked those kinds of people: easy to schedule around. "It can be mid-morning, then! Might be for the best. That way no one loses their lunch, hee hee!" she giggled. She wasn't kidding, either; if her Pokémon didn't make the greenhead's stomach churn, then they were doing it wrong.

Shalin slid off her Pokémon's back, then pointed out the Z-Bracelet on her left arm and the lime-colored crystal the Yanmega was carrying. "If you have one of these and have your Pokémon hold onto a matching crystal, they can perform a really powerful move. I discovered this crystal myself. It turns Bug Buzz into Flitting Fortissimo. Great name, huh?" She further described what the move was like, Flit vibrating his wings faster than was normally possible to create a destructive sound wave that not only tore foes up from the inside out, but made it impossible for them to hear for a time. It matched what Vanessa had just witnessed, in frightening detail.

With that, their work was done. "It seems like we've gotten to the bottom of this. Just a rival predator causing trouble. Either way it's taken care of. How about we saddle up and head back to Verdanturf? Our paycheck's waiting." Queen Zing crawled toward Sonikku and gently bumped her, trying to coax her aboard for one last flight back to the quiet town tucked away near the mountains.

{WC: 246}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 21:37:48 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
Huh, so one of those weird ass crystals could let you do something as powerful as that? Vanessa peered down at the many bodies of Pokémon that were left defeated or wounded, at best, from the Flygon's massive attack. The idea of having everything racing through her head and vibrating was an enticing idea, and one that she personally got excited by. "Kickass, dude!" Vanessa smiled as wide as a Krookodile! "I wanna get like a whole bunch of 'em and make my own Z-Move list! I bet Dusk could swallow an entire Route whole! Or like Faye could shoot a bunch of stars at people. Pew! Pew! Or like…"

Vanessa continued to ramble on eagerly, hyping herself up about wanting her own crystal things before finding out about her sixth Pokémon in that Shalin had been trapped in the discussion with her. "Hehe, sorry. But that's dope! How do you get them? Can I buy them? I've got this week's allowance primed and ready!"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 7:51:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled at Vanessa's contagious enthusiasm. It hurt her a little on the inside to have to bring the heterochromatic girl back down to earth, but she had to clear it up. "I... I don't think even the power of a Z-Move can do that. You're getting into Avatar territory there." Some were more powerful than others, too; a few wielded specialized, more localized powers that could turn the tide of a single battle. Others could reshape the very environment with theirs.

The bug-type's rider was happy to explain how to get one. "Well, the first thing you need to do is get a Z-Charm, like my Z-Band here," she gestured toward the chrome-colored band she wore on her left arm. "You can buy those. That's the easy part. The hard part is getting the crystal itself, and that's a two-step process. First, you'll need a Passho Berry. They're rare and expensive, and they take a long time to grow. It takes oh, about half a growing season for them to fruit. If you plant one in April, you won't get fruit until August. Within the fruit is a clear Z-Crystal. But that won't do you any good on its own."

With a sigh, she continued. "And the last step is either the easiest or the hardest. You need an extraordinary Pokémon, one you have an exceptional bond with, to be able to channel your Pokémon's Infinity Energy into the crystal. Once you've done that, the crystal will become synced to either a Pokémon or a specific move. Flit's crystal is called Buzzium-Z. Any Pokémon that knows Bug Buzz can use it." She would continue providing examples of Z-Moves she knew before eventually taking to the air alongside Vanessa, the buzzing bugs flitting back and forth toward Ranger HQ to report their success.

{WC: 307}
{PC: 8}